Blindly Running into Trouble

By everyday_imstumblin

"Basically this story is about Avan who is a blind, grumpy, moody, arro-" "Okay! I think they get your po... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
TEASER!! coz i'm cool like that
Chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Blindly Running into Trouble-THE MOVIE!!!
Part I
Part II

Part lll

9K 408 119
By everyday_imstumblin

“Why does he have to come, can’t we just ditch him on the side of the road?” I pouted at Avan but glared when I looked at Fido in the rear view mirror.

“No. He can help me so I don’t always have to rely on you. Thank God” Avan mumbled the last part but I still snapped my head to him angrily, “I heard that!” I growled and Avan shrugged, his lips twitched to hold in a smirk.

“Whatever.” I muttered angrily and continued driving to the stupid gardens where we have to find the stupid baby’s parents and th- “WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SMELL?!” I exclaimed and pulled my shirt over my nose.

Clutching the steering wheel, I tried to keep it straight as I turned my head to find out who did it.

“Uh, Ciara. I don’t suppose you have a diaper?” Avan held Milly in arm’s length as she giggled and clapped her hands.

“Lord help me.”

***

“Ok Fido, I know we have our differences but we really need to work together to get what we need.” I crouched down to his level and spoke in baby words for him to understand. “We can totally kill each other when this is all over.” I reasoned with him.

Fido stared at me and then finally barked as if he agreed with me.

“Ok let’s go.” I grabbed his leash and started to walk inside the shop. (Ha! Suck on that Amber, you must be lost right about now without your stupid dog!)

**Magically transports to Amber**

“You really didn’t have to do this.” Amber blushed as she held on the hard bicep.

“It’s my pleasure.” The sexy Spaniard said huskily as he led Amber towards her house since Fido ditched her.

(“Oh come on! That’s not fair!” The author pushed Ciara’s face away from her and said, “Go away! This is my book!” Then they proceeded to have a slapping fight but was easily broken up when the assistant arrived. “She did it!” they both exclaimed at the same time but a good slap behind their heads by the assistant put them in their place.)

**back to Stupid, idiotic, fool- “Look at what she’s writing, do something!” Ciara screamed at the assistant who just shrugged, making the author smirk. “At least I get the guy” Ciara said smugly making the smirk fall of the author’s face.**

Avan and I came up with a plan to go get some diapers but since our faces are on TV, I had to go in disguise and it was chosen that I pretend to be blind (I came up with the awesome, fool proof idea)

I was wearing Avan’s shades to cover my eyes and Fido would be my guide dog. Thankfully inside the car was someone’s wallet (*cough* Robert’s *cough*) so we could buy the stuff with cash. See this is pure genius!

We walked and I allowed Fido to lead me. There wasn’t anyone here except the guy behind the counter who was watching me very intently. It made me slightly nervous but I kept going, the sooner I get the stuff the quickly I can get out.

Searching through the aisles, I spotted the diapers and quickly made my way to them. Of course I dragged Fido, enjoying his yelp of pain when I tugged the leash really hard. Snickering, I searched through the rows and found two diapers that I thought would be good.

Picking them up, I read the stuff it said but still couldn’t decide which was better.

Huffing, I turned to Fido and showed him both.

“Ok which one? This one that says it’s very absorbent or this one which is easy to put on.” Fido looked between the before settling on the absorbent one. He raised his paw and pointed to that one.

Nodding, I placed the other back and started to make my way to the counter. I smiled as I reached there but then frowned when the guy was staring at me weirdly. His mouth was dropped and eyes widened.

Pretending this didn’t freak me out, I placed the diaper on the table and gave him the money. I waited patiently for him to snap out of his creepy moment but when he didn’t I snapped my fingers in front of his face.

“Oi! Can you like…” I motioned to my stuff.

The guy snapped out of it and looked me up and down, “H-how did you do that? Aren’t you blind?!” he raised an eyebrow and I froze.

Ooh, so that’s what he’s been staring at. He saw me read the labels and walk without any assistance, oh geez!

I slapped my forehead at my stupidity, next to me Fido snickered.

“Uh, well you see…OMG THE GRIMM REAPER!!” the guy didn’t look but I still grabbed the diaper and made a dash for the door. Fido followed behind me as we ran across the road and quickly opened the door. Fido jumped in and I quickly got in, throwing the diaper behind (and hitting Fido on the nose! Oh yh, point for me!!) I turned on the car and drove off.

“Told you the plan would fail.” Avan muttered next to me. He already had his seat belt on and was holding onto Milly tightly as if he knew I would drive really fast to get away.

I ignored him and just glared straight ahead.

We have larger things to take care off.

***

“So…how do you want to do this?” I asked Avan finally after staring at Milly who was lying on her back and giggled every time I change my facial expression.

We were about to change her diaper but Avan and I had no clue how.

We stopped at the side of the road, popped the baby on the hood of the car and together Avan, Fido and I stood in front of her wondering what was our next move.

“Well you’re going to have to change it.” Avan said to my left. Fido barked to my right in agreement, making me sigh.

“Fine but just tell me what to do coz I don’t know how to do this!” I exclaimed and then started to carefully peel away Milly’s diaper. I held the dirty diaper in one hand and made sure it was in arm’s length.

Avan and Fido took a step back when I slowly turned.

“Ok here take it” I waved it to Avan but he just backed off some more, his hands raised in surrender. “Not going to happen” he said and I huffed and then moved to Fido who too, barked and backed off.

“Wusses.” Discreetly I dropped the diaper on the floor and then kicked it off the road.

“Ciara did you just throw the diaper on the floor?”

“Do you have a better idea?!” I snapped at Avan who said nothing in return.

“That’s what I thought. Now on to the hard part.” I said while looking at Milly easily bring her feet to her face. She made giggling noises as she saw our stricken faces.

“Ok Ciara think back to health class, don’t you have some baby project that you had to take care off?” when Avan said that I winced.

“Yh…I failed that subject.” I mumbled and Avan sighed.

“What happened?”

“I lost the baby…”

“Oh – that’s not so ba-“

“In the first 5 minutes I had it…” I interrupted Avan. He shut his mouth but I could tell he was shocked. I mean who loses a baby in the first five minutes but honestly I had no idea playfully throwing up a baby in a busy hallway would make it disappear when you accidentally dropped it because you have butter fingers!

Honestly people!

“How the hell do you survive in this world?!” Avan said incredulously.

“I don’t know!” and that’s when our bickering started.

People drove past us and it must have been a weird sight considering a baby was on a hood of the car, a dog peeing on the car, two people arguing until one of them started to get physical and not the good kind.

Yh…it was sure a sight to see.

***

“Thank you, we don’t know how to repay you.” Avan said politely at the nice mum who took pity on us and stopped to help change Milly’s diaper.

“No worries, I remember when my husband and I first had our child. Boy was he useless! Well good bye!” She laughed and then waved before driving off.

She was lucky she left or else I would’ve jumped that soccer mum for accusing me that Milly was mine.

Avan held me back and waved.

 “I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!”I shouted at her retreating car.

“Ciara, let’s just go and find the parents.” Avan sighed and let Fido lead him to the car where he picked up Milly from the hood and felt his way to the passenger seat.

I glared at the car (which was long gone by now) and then made my way to the driver’s seat. I started the car and drove to the beautiful botanic gardens where a lot of wedding occur now is spring. I’ve been there once, it was absolutely gorgeous!

It was kind of like a park but with a lot of pretty flowers and plants and it was awesome!!

‘Seeing a picture of it doesn’t count.’

I hate my slutty side. (-_-)

***

One hour later….

“The chicken came first!!” I shouted at Avan who growled and yelled back, “Then where did the chicken come from?!”

“From that bird dinosaur thing!”

That answer shut Avan up and he scrunched his face in confusion. “What?”

I sighed and pulled into the place and parked the car. Turning to Avan I said, “You know that big bird dinosaur thing.”

“Uh…a Pterodactyl?” he asked with that cute confused voice.

“Yeah, I think that evolved into a chicken.” I said finally and smirked when I left Avan speechless. That is…until he started laughing. My face fell into a scowl, so I just left the car and started to walk to the entrance.

I heard chuckled from behind me, meaning Avan was walking with the dog and baby behind me.

Does this scream a family or what?!

I paused and waited for them to catch up. Falling in step with them, I lead Avan around the place until we came to a stop when I saw a huge tent with people in it. They were all dressed in fancy clothes, so I assumed we were in the right spot.

I was proven correct when I dragged Avan closer.

The decor must have cost a fortune! It was definitely professionally done and damn did this place fancy.

Avan and I shuffled around the tent but people were crowding around the dance floor so I had to jump up to see the other side.

“See anything?” Avan asked as he bounced a giggling Milly.

“No!” I huffed and jumped again. Damn these people were tall!

Finally the crowd started to disperse, I saw a glimpse of the bride and groom walking around and talking to people so I quickly grabbed Avan’s arm and pretended to be a part of the family and friends invited. We kept walking when someone bumped into me, I turned to apologize when I ended up freezing instead.

“Oh my God! It’s you! Eric look, it’s the pregnant teenagers from the park, oh and look at their baby!” the bride gushed and tugged on Eric’s arm.

There standing before us was the lovely couple I've run in quite a few times. You know the one where they thought I was pregnant with Avan’s child and the one that won that cash load of money from that news lady who was supposed to be giving it to us if Avan didn't make us leave!

Standing in front of them is not such a good idea as I thought. I turned my attention to Avan who was gaping (I assume he recognises the voices – I mean who couldn’t!) and then my eyes landed on Milly wrapped in her pink blanket – acting all cute and cuddly as the chick (name not known still) cooed at her while Eric stood with a smile in the background.

“Oh, she is so cute! Can’t wait until we have kids.” Chick looked at her husband who smiled back. Eric cleared his throat and looked at us.

“I see you’ve kept the baby. Congratulations.”

My eyes twitched in annoyance and irritation.

The devil baby being mine?!!! 

Ok someone hold me back!!

Avan’s hand came out and gripped mine. Pulling back he wrapped his arm around my waist to keep me close to him while I struggled to get out of his grip to attack that bride. How dare she?!

Avan nervously laughed, “Yh, anyway we were wondering if you maybe seen Richard Hamilton or his wife anywhere?”

“Oh yes! We invited them since they were friends of friends.” The bride explained, “They’re over there.” she pointed to her left. Following her finger, I could see a very sharp looking man in his suit and next to him was his lovely trophy wife, dressed in a pretty red cocktail dress.

Avan said goodbye but I just grabbed his arm and quickly pulled him towards the parents. The quicker we get rid of the baby, the better it is for me to keep Avan away from that miniature gold digger.

We were almost there when a sudden shadow fell on us. I stumbled back a little and looked up and gasped.

“Kitty what’s wrong?” Avan asked in concern.

I shook as I pointed up to the big hulk standing with his arms crossed. “Axe man.” I squeaked and dashed behind Avan. He was the one that threw an axe at my car, I should kill him for hurting my baby but I’ll just…stay here behind Avan coz it’s warm over here…yh that’s why.

A short man who I remembered being the kidnapper with the very deep voice, stepped from behind the axe man. He had a bold head and wrinkles on his face, a sign of old age. He’s probably in his 50’s or something.

“I’m 35!” he yelled.

Oops, I must have said that out loud…awkward.

“Anyway, you guys are coming with us.” Short kidnapper pulled out a gun but hid it by his side. “Don’t bother making a sound or else I’m going to blow your brains out.”

I yelped and stayed behind Avan who was tensed.

“Alright, we’ll go with you.”

“B-but Avan.” I whimpered and looked up at him.

“It’ll be ok Kitty, I swear I’ll make sure they won’t hurt you.” Avan promised and I believed him. If Avan says it was going to be okay then everything will okay.

If he said pigs will fly then by some miracle that will happen, all because Avan said so.

Axe man grabbed both our arms and started to drag us away from the wedding. When we got to the car park, Fido suddenly went insane (not that he isn’t already), he pulled on the leash and because Avan was holding the baby, he could hold on and let the leash go.

“Fido!” Avan yelled as Fido made a run for it. The dog just barked but kept running.

I struggled against the guy so I could join Fido but Axe man held on my arm.

“Well, go get him!” I shouted at the “apparently” 35 year old man. The guy shrugged and said, “Not my problem.”

With that we were pulled into a van. I did everything to try an escape but it was no use. Once they took Milly from Avan’s arms, they tied our hands together and covered my eyes with a blind fold.

“Avan I’m scared.” I whimpered. I saw Avan shuffle closer to me, feeling his body heat I leaned on his shoulder. Avan kissed my head, “It’ll be fine. I promise you Ciara, we’ll get out of this.” He said and I nodded.

At least now we can ditch the baby.

***

The van came to a stop and then the door opened. I felt hands on my arm and pulled me out the door. Landing on the ground Avan and I blindly walked as we were dragged.

We entered some building and went through a maze until we finally came to a stop. My blindfold was taken off, I blinked a couple of times until I could finally see. I could tell we were in an abandoned warehouse that was rather large and empty other than the people inside, who might I add look scary.

“So…what we doing?” I asked when no one did or said anything.

Rocking on my heels, I looked at the short kidnapper and then at axe man who waved at me so I smiled back.

“We are waiting for big boss man.” Axe man said, making me shuffle towards Avan for comfort.

Suddenly there was a loud bang, our heads snapped to the right to see a door slam open to reveal a very tall and much buffed man. His whole body took up the entrance and I let out a small squeak when he took a step forward. Avan kept me close as the man kept walking until he stopped right in front of us.

I gulped at the sheer size of him. He was like King Kong’s brother. Then the guy who stared down at us with a hard stare, stepped to the left. My brows furrowed when I saw another figure except, well – he was tiny!

He was a very small man with bald head. He wore a white suit that looked rather expensive and black sunglasses which I have no idea why, since it’s quite dark in here. The little man removed his shades and I could help but gasp.

“Awwww!! You have baby cheeks!” I cooed and reached out to pinch them.

Everyone in the room held their breaths and took a step back even King Kong’s brother. I frowned when everyone did that and as I looked back at little man, I saw his eye twitch angrily. Grinning sheepishly, I released his cheek and made a quick getaway behind Avan’s back. Only then did everyone release their breath.

“Ciara, I think it’s best if you just stay behind me.” Avan said sternly and I nodded my head.

“Now we can finally talk.”

I couldn’t help but let out a low whistle. “Damn you have a deep voice for a little man.” Everyone once again froze in the room, waiting to see what little man would do.

“Shut up Ciara!” Avan hissed and I pouted.

The little man then started to laugh but the crazy thing was he had a serious face the whole time he did. It was creepy because his mouth was opened and making laughing noises but the rest of his face was serious.

My stupid, uncontrollable mouth opened and said, “Why so serious?” I went all joker on him.

Little man’s face turned back to normal. “This is my laughing face.”

“Okay then…” I shuffled away from the creepy man. Thankfully Avan started to take control.

“What do you want from us?”

“It’s because of you pesky teenagers that I cannot get my money and now you have to pay the price with your lives” He spoke loudly which gave the cue to his friends to pull out guns and point them at us.

I huffed at him, who the hell was this guy anyway? He has no right to do anything until the boss arrives, so I decided to give him a piece of my mind. “You can’t talk to us like that!” Little man and his friends became confused so I continued, “You know what, I’m not even going to talk to you – I demand to speak to your boss!” I’m quite happy that my voice sounded strong and confident.

Little man narrowed his eyes. “I am the boss.”

Next to me, I saw Avan hit his forehead. I smiled sheepishly and waved my hand dismissively, “Psh! I knew that.”

“Kill her.”

I screamed just as the gun went off.

***

NOOO Ciara aint dead!!!!!

“B-but BUTTTTT! Nah I never liked the chick” the author smirked.

Well guess it’s game over folks. Ciaooooo until next time.

The author was about to get up and walk away when the assistant came up from behind and held a gun to her head. “Finish the story.”

The author immediately went back to work and all the while cursing the assistant in her head.

****

“Look Avan, I found a penny!” I said after standing up and turned towards Avan who looked like he was about to faint.

“Ciara, you’re not shot?!” what a weird question to ask. I looked down to see any gun shots on my body but I found none.

“I’m perfectly fine Avan!” I waved a hand at him and then to little man.

“You idiot, you missed! Shoot her!”

The little man’s friend aimed the gun at me and shot again but just as he did my penny fell so I went to pick it up and in time for the bullet to shoot past me. The guy tried again but he missed as I casually made my way to Avan to show him my penny. The guy growled in annoyance and let out a few rounds of bullets, too bad I was busy falling after I tripped over my own feet.

I collapsed on the ground and groaned. “Avan, I got a boo boo!” I whined.

“Boss I can’t shoot her, she keeps moving.” The guy said.

“Idiot, let me!” little man pulled out his own gun but before anything could happen, glass shattered from above us. I watched in awe as a SWAT team came down from the roof and a few from the entrances and exits. I shuffled towards Avan and tugged his shirt. “Look Avan, it’s the SWAT team!” I started to clap like an idiot as the SWAT took down the bad guys and even tackled little man.

Once the bad guys were hand cuffed, a cop came towards us. He had the FBI vest on as he sauntered our way. “FBI agent Morris Montgomery at your service now-”

“OMG Avan, we have our own FBI agent. Okay good coz I’m hungry so I want a large burger wit-”

“Ciara I don’t think he meant that.” Avan interrupted me and I pouted.

Morris looked at me weirdly so I looked away and watched as they took Milly (oh she’s alive…yay…) to some crazy looking couple.

“She’s not in the right mind is she?” I heard Morris say but I was too busy looking at all the journalists and reporters outside the warehouse. The place was suddenly packed by ambulances and cops and yeah.

“No, but what can you do?” was Avan’s reply.

“Yes well, we’d like to thank you for saving the baby and finding enough evidence to put-” once again Morris was interrupted. The man sighed, “I give u-”

Something tells me that he cannot even complete one sentence without being cut in. I snickered at that and Morris shot me a glare before walking away.

“Attention! The great Captain F is coming this way!” The cops moved to the side to make way for a woman. She was dressed quite smartly with a pencil skirt and blouse, and hanging from her neck was a FBI badge. Then something next to her caught my eye, walking rather smugly was that stupid, idiotic mutt!

“Fido!” I growled as he reached us.

The mutt barked at me and I was about to bark back when I saw a chain hanging from his neck too. It looked exactly the same as the chicks. What so that means….

“BHAHAHA!!! The mutt thinks he’s a FBI agent!” I started to laugh so hard that nothing seemed to come out.

“Actually this is retired FBI agent Fido. He is the best agent out there but he gave that up and is a guide dog now.” The lady spoke making me abruptly stop laughing.

“Say what now!” I screamed and then I froze. So all this time, from the moment I’ve met him, Fido was a cop! Oh snap and to think I’ve done all those illegal things.

“It’s like I don’t even know you anymore!” gasping, I took a step back and looked at him in suspicion.

Fido rolled his eyes and walked away.

“Well, I didn’t see that coming.” Avan said, making us stare at him.

The chick led us out of the warehouse. Reporters were running out way so I quickly grabbed Avan’s bicep and said really fast, “Be prepared for gazillion of questions!” I almost squeaked when they reached us and then to my surprise they ran past us.

“What?” I turned around to see them surrounding Fido who was standing proudly next to Mr Richard and his wife and stupid baby. Mr Richard shook Fido’s paw and said something along the lines of thank you. My jaw dropped when I realized that Fido was taking out credit!!! We did all the hard work!

“Avan that little devil is stealing our fame!!!” I tugged hard on his arm and pointed at Fido who was now posing for the cameras.

Avan sighed, “Let it go Kitty, at least we got our adventure.”

“But- but!”

Avan didn’t let me speak; instead he grabbed my arm and pulled me over and onto his back. “C’mon Kitty, let’s go home.”

I huffed and let Avan give me a piggy back ride. Leaning my chin on his shoulder, I watched as we walked towards the sun set. It looked so serene that I smiled.

“Hey Ciara…” Avan said hesitantly.

“Yeah…”

“You know I love you right and I wouldn’t spend a minute with someone else.” He said while tilting his head to the side. I pecked his cheek and grinned, “I love you too, Avan.” I was rewarded with a cheeky smile from him.  

After a moment of silence I asked, “So how did you enjoy our date?”

I felt Avan’s confusion so I explained. “You know when I asked you to go out with me.” He nodded. “Yeah, well I couldn’t figure out where to take you and all so I decided from that day on, it would be our date.”

Avan stopped walking and I was a bit nervous on what he was going to say. I released a breath when he grinned. “I like it. I mean, we aren’t exactly a normal couple so why not do things differently.”

I laughed and so did he. We were so carefree and happy together. I knew from this day on, that Avan and I will always have an adventure. Nothing could possibly ruin this moment.

Except me.

“Avan you’re going the wrong way.” Hehe, I love getting the last word in.

“Just shut up and let me walk woman!”

Guess not…

***

GAME OVER FOR CIARA AND AVAN!! I HOPED YOU ENJOYED THEIR CRAZY ADVENTURES TOGETHER!!! 

GOODBYE EVERYONE.

finally i can go to sleep.... zzzzzzzzz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 7.4K 25
Once upon a sleepover before vacations, Bethany Summers and her two friends make a list, a sacred list to help her find a perfect guy. A list of qual...
459K 13.7K 61
-Book one in the Billionaires' Boys' Club Series- Playboy, millionaire Luke Brooks is a gift from God to women (or so people say). He has the money...
8.3M 283K 37
Ginelle Hayes is orphaned, and after escaping her abusive guardian with a dark secret, she finds herself alone on the cruel streets of London. Then E...
3.1M 130K 65
Lady Eliza Turner has no interest in finding herself a wealthy husband, she has her books, her best friend Charlotte, and plenty of opinions on what...