《Say You Can't Be WITHOUT Me》...

By FUJOSHIxCHA

Yuu and Mika are childhood friends. Without realizing it, Yuu finds he has fallen for Mika over the years. Ho... More

#1 One-side Childhood Love

135 15 21
By FUJOSHIxCHA

Rather than 'friends',

Ding dong,

Our relationship is more like family,

Ding dong,

Like siblings.

Yuu harshly opened the door which earn a loud bang litting the silent house. Not that he cared though since the owner went to work already, living their son alone.

He ran upstair frustratedly considering how late they are if they doesn't start to walk to school now. He hurtled to the room beside the stairs, harshly opened the pathetic wooden door of the room.

"MIKA!" Yuu yelled furiously only to being greet by the sight of his friend wrapping himself in the thick mattress on the bed.

Typical. Yuu thought. Without wasting any time, he yanked the mattress away harshly.

"Wake up." Yuu hissed.

Mika groaned in annoyance and shifted his position with back facing Yuu. "5 more minute. . ." He slurred lazily, bringing the pillow to covered his ear and the others hand to covered his eyes.

"No way." Yuu retorted. "Get. Up. Now. Or I will tell your mom."

"Fine. . ." Mika let out a deep sigh as he get up from the bed and rubbed his groggy eyes while dragging his feet lazily to the bathroom.

The smaller male smiled in victory before he settled himself on the bed, pondering about their past as the sound of the door creaking went through his ears.

They first meet was 10 years ago when Mika moved close to his home during summer and became their neighbor. The two of them get along rather well not to say their families too since their father share common interest - which is fishing and maybe that's why their families relationships maintained contacts throughout the year.

When they were small, Yuu had to admit he get irritated almost all the time over Mika due to his touchy character not to say that Mika was a bit airhead before. He remembered when their families went to river together and Mika fell hitting his head on the ground in the process of running to him because of he got to captured two catfishes. Yuu still remembered when he cried and ran to him, still holding the fish and it's hilarious.

Welp, many things changed and now it seem Mika was more mature than him - no matter how he hated to admit it - he became more taller and attractive than before.

*****

"What are you laughing about?"

"Nothing, I just remember something funny." Yuu grinned at the lilac haired girl whose face twisted in confusion.

The girl hummed before she asked, "What was it?"

"Well that, he was sitting there on his knees in the water, still holding the fish in his hand." Yuu chuckled as the image of  the memory flashed in his head.

"Still not change isn't he, Yuu-san?" The girl mused.

Nodding, Yuu brought up some workpaper that their teacher gave them and started working on it.

"Yeah he hasn't change at all, like yesterday. . ."

"You two sure get along." Shinoa cut him.

"Eh? Yeah." Yuu blinked in confusion as he noticed the smirk that was playing on her lips.

"Are you sure you two aren't couple~?" She teased.

Instantly his face feel hot all over, over the statement the girl just made that he fell from the chair with a loud bang.

"S-Shinoa! We're both guys dammit!"

Shinoa snorted with a slight pout before she helped him get up, offering her hand.

"You're idiot Yuu-san." She sighed, "Basically you two are just to close that I can't see the two of you as childhood friend anymore."

"Those word. . . are calluses on my ear if you're the one who said it." He immidiately turned his head as his peripheral vision caught the sight of the grey hair guy went over the table they sit.

Shinya Hiiragi, Shinoa's adopted brother though they are in the same age. Quite popular around girls so no surprised there when a group of girl surrounded their table as soon as Shinya came here.

"What are you talking about Yuu?" He asked.

"Shinya-nii, I'd appreciated if you don't poked your nose under people business." Shinoa retorted in annoyance, clearly not pleased with his brother arrival.

"Wow, harsh." Shinya chuckled.

Yuu only smiled as the two siblings conversed with each other which soon turn into mouth battle and he couldn't find any reasons too stay in here any longer with all of the girls surrounded around them. Honestly, did they know they are blocking the fresh air and the wind?

His mind soon pondered about what Shinoa just said, about his feeling toward Mikaela.

Honestly he,

Don't really feel that way.

Yuu excused himself from all of them, trying to ran away from the heat. He walked to the corridor until he found himself in front of the male toilet.

Not that, he wanted to go anyway.

Changing his plan, Yuu walked to the opened window with an excuse of he wanted to get some fresh air and toilet stink. Well, if he were to said that excuse, there's no one to judge anyway.

For a moment he wondered if Mika have someone he like but Mika probably still doesn't have any girlfriend though (since he doesn't saw someone like that).

Speaking of which, Yuu had never been inlove before, exception for some puppy love.

He don't really know why but somehow, he feel kind of restless over all of this.

"This isn't what boys supposed to do though." He assured himself.

Someone I like. . .

"Yuu-chan?"

Yuu turned his head to his back over those familiar voice. As expected it's Mika and even if he doesn't turned to saw he will immediately know it's him though, since Mika was the only one who call him that.

That scared me. . .

"Oh Mika, what are you doing here?" Yuu tugged a small smile as he tried to act as calm as possible due to the previous topic in his head before.

"Running from Lacus and Rene. . . I guess." He shrugged.

Quirking his eyebrow, he replied back, "That explain why your shirt is dirty?"

"Nah, I hide at bush before." Mika swatted his hand at nothing in particular.

"Do your neck tie properly."

"Speak to yourself." Mika chuckled as he properly tied it. "You know Yuu-chan, sometime you're like a mom but it's always been like this right? I kind of get used to it now."

Well he'd be damned if he doesn't admitted that was embarrassing and awkward thing to said even if he's the one who said that.

"Die." Yuu murmured.

The blonde broke into chuckled again. "I'd been dead if it's not you. Remember the airhead me? Maybe five times I nearly faced death."

"You can stop now Mika."

"Well~ as you wish Yuu-chan! Oh I must get to class soon. See you at home." With that said, he disappeared from Yuu's sight after a moment.

He don't know why, but with Mika it feels. . . really calmed and he couldn't stop smilling.

*****

"Then, the problem is, what's the name of the first human civilization in America?"

"Astrotro-picaluteus"

"Wrong. Totally wrong. It's Astralo-pithecus" Yuu's voice strained in irritation.

Mika let out an indifferent laugh which clearly a sign for he was too lazy to do this and as his brown dog - Marota - walk to them, settling itself on Mika, Yuu let out a scowl, knowing the soft fur only encourage Mika's lazyness.

"I'm tired Yuu-chan. Let get rest a bit." Mika whined as he slumped on the soft carpet.

"No! You promised me you will helped me with this!" He protested which Mika just ignored him and continued cuddling with the dog.

"Geez, let me rest a bit."

Yuu stared at the blonde for a while debating whether he should or not, before sighing in defeated and let him have his way. Hearing Guren chuckled just pissed him off more.

"Just 10 minute." Yuu pressed on.

"Yay, thanks" he slurred.

Before Yuu know, he already staring at Mika. Yuu can't help but wondered if Mika have someone he like. Since he was quite popular, he kind of want to know who was the lucky one. Maybe that's just an excuse. Not that he cared though.

"Hey Mika," hearing Mika hummed, Yuu continued, "Do you have someone you like?"

The sound of the dog barking was enough to make Yuu jumped from the place he sat. He barely captured the shocking light scream escaped from Mika's throat.

Slowly, Mika raised his head only to being greeted by red faced of him, much to Yuu's shock. It's rare to saw him like this since he always be the teasing type.

"Why?" Mika croaked.

"Just asking."

Stealing a glance, he finally reply back. "Yeah."

Yuu stared at him with wide eye as silence engulfed only to been broken by Guren's shrilly voice saying it's dinner.

As they were to get up, Mika tilted his head to him. "Yuu-chan, please keep this secret from yours and my parents please?"

Yuu blinked a bit before subconsciously nodded. "Eh - ah - okay." He stuttered.

Mika was the one who moved to the dining table first while Yuu followed after a bit. It was like always, noisy which Mika and he had gotten used to it. Mahiru keep saying not to messed the food and eat silently which to no avail no one heard her.

It was like always.

He had gotten used to it.

He stole a glance at Mika who seated beside him. He seem to act normally.

Well, we're highschool already. It's not an unusual thing if I think back. Yuu thought.

For some reason, he feel kind of uneasy.

*****

"Are you going to continue your homework Yuu?" Mahiru asked as they finished washing the dirty plate.

"Yeah." He simply replied before he walked off from there.

This,

How strange.

It feels like I'm lonely because I will lose my brother.

"Yeah, it's definitely like that." Yuu assured himself.

Because it had been so natural, having Mika next to him.

Yuu sighed as he looked at Mika who was sleeping on the carpet. He seems so peaceful. Typical of him. Kneeling, he sat down next to Mika while closing the gap of their face, staring at the blonde.

"You're not thinking about studying aren't you?" He murmured only to be startled when the blonde let out a soft laugh.

"What was that?" Yuu hissed. He reached his hand and pulled Mika's pale cheek gently. Seeing it stretched so far made Yuu stiffled a laugh but eventually, it doesn't last long before he continued to stared back to the blonde.

"Mika, who is the one you. . . like?" Yuu softly whispered, trying not to wake him up.

Seeing his cerulean eye struggling to opened up made Yuu's face twisted in horror. It's embarassing if Mika do heard him, only to being pulled underneath of Mika.

His eye widened upon the unexpected occasion. Having Mika towering over him was not what he'd been thinking. Mika seem to be in daze and his mouth part, softly letting out a words which Yuu doesn't captured it until he raised his voice a bit.

"Tepes-san. . ."

Eh?

Who are he talking too? Yuu thought in shock.

If possible, his eye widened more as Mika started closing the gap of their faces. Their lips almost touched until Mika suddenly goes unconsciousness again.

He blinked cluelessly before he looked at the blonde who head fell on his shoulder. After a minute, a sound of light snoring litting his ear.

Yuu cursed himself as he loudly shouted, "WHAT?!" and kicked the blonde off from him.

Upon hearing the loud sound, Mahiru walked to the two off them, looking curiously as Yuu stand and panting. Lucky she didn't saw that.

He was mad. Yeah he was. Like, who the hell does that?

"Huh? Mika is sleeping?" Mahiru asked.

"Yeah." Was all his answer.

"Well just let him lie off a bit. Huh?" Mahiru look at him, blinking, before she finally pointed out. "Your face is red Yuu. Are you alright?"

Damn.

"Y-yeah. I will go sleep now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

671K 33.3K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
321K 10.3K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
189K 2.3K 31
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~𝒔𝒆𝒙 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔 ~𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 ~𝒆...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...