I'm Back (Discontinued)

By No-Thats-Not-Me

Alex was the first human love of Edward Anthony Mason Cullen. He left her to "protect" her but He didn't com... More

Alex/CH.1
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch. 10
CH.11
Ch.12

Ch.2

42.2K 815 50
By No-Thats-Not-Me

Author note:

Enjoy.

{}{}{}{}{}

Peter ends up telling me that he and Charlotte are in a small rainy town in Washington that goes by the name of Forks.

Since I'm in Minnesota, I decide to wait until it gets dark and then run to release rhe future stress that was no doubt coming my way.

I run through the three states separating Washington and Minnesota, coming across various sets of scents, all ranging from very faint to a day old.

It takes me just over 74 hours of running and dogging around towns to get to the Welcome sign that is seated at the start of Forks.

Leaning up against a solid tree truck about 200 feet from the sign, I grab my mobile phone from my black bag and punch in Peter's number.

I drum my fingers against the bark of the tree, watching pieces of it fall to the soggy moss-covered ground. I stroke the bark much like I would do if I was sitting piano playing with the keys.

'Tap' 'Tap' 'Tap' my fingers go against the bark.

Peter answers after the 5th ring,

As soon as he picks up I say, in a don't-push-me-right-now-l-will-remove-your-man-bits-if-you-do tone, "I'm at the welcome sign. What now?"

"I'll be right there, hold on." He muttered.

He can obviously tell I'm annoyed at doing this; however he's my best friend, my brother, he's part of the only family I have in this life.

I'll do anything he or Charlotte asks me to do if it's threatening their lives,  however if I don't want to do it, I'll let them know.

"Holding." I deadpanned into the device I was holding to my ear.

He chuckles into his phone. "Lovin' the enthusiasm, Darlin'."

I roll my eyes so hard I think I see the back of my head and my bag suddenly finds itself in my hands.

Lifting my shoulder to keep the phone to my ear, I use both of my hands to open the bag.

"Just run, please." I signed, looking down and going through the bag to find what I wanted.

I pull out a small, circle contain filled with blueberries.

I bring it up to my face, inhaling the scent and it brings up memories that my brain associates with it.

"Okay, be there in a minute or tw-"
I push the red button, ending the short call.

"Yum." I moan, popping a couple in my mouth and piercing the small fruit with my sharp teeth.

I chuck a few in my mouth, savouring the bitter and sweet taste.

"Al." I hear a deep familiar southern voice say.

I lift my head and see across the opposite side of the road, looking back at me are dull almost black red eyes.

Its Peter, with his blonde hair a mess and underneath his eyes a deep purple, if any humans saw him they'd think he had a freshly broken nose.

He hasn't fed in weeks...That needs to change right now.

"Let's Go." I told him sternly as my hands clench around the container, he rolls his dark eyes but walks across the road.

I drop the ruined plastic with some leftover blueberry gunk and put it in the bag I pulled it out of.

I spin myself around and step on the gas, speeding through the forest to Seattle.

It's silent for a few moments and Peter breaks it.

"I really appreciate this, Al."

Peter and Charlotte are the only people allowed to call me that; if it was anybody else, I would rip them a new asshole.

I glance at him from the corner of my eye and see that he keeps looking over at me; it's a tell of his, he does that when he's feeling nervous or guilty.

I arch an eyebrow.

"Is there something the matter?" I say to him.

He has no reason to feel nervous with or around me. Or so I thought.

Playing with a bit of dirt on the bottom of his t-shirt, He turns his head.

"Alex.." Peter whispered, his voice laced with fear, guilt, shame and worry.

I slam my feet down and skid to a complete stop in the middle of the forest, my nose inches away from an old rotten tree stump.

Peter always calls me Al; The only time he hasn't is when he should have told me something really important but kept it from me.

I hate that. It's something that Edward would do when he decided that I couldn't handle something.

Clenching my fists, I slowly turn my head to him while taking a few deep breaths and closing my eyes tightly, I say. "Peter...What is it?"

Now fiddling with his fingers, Peter looks forward, memorising the dust and bugs in the air.

He takes a deep breath smelling the earthy air then lets it out. It's an automatic human response but things like that always seem to carry over.

"Alex... The people with the hybrid child... It's the Cullens."

I suck in a breath from shock, and slowly start jogging off, instead of answering him. Think of the devil and he shall appear.

We're in Seattle before we know it and settle into slow mortal pace as we look for something, someone to eat.

"Al, can you forgive me?" whispers Peter, his voice laced with guilt. I think about it.

Can I? Of course, I can, he's like a big brother to me.

Should I? No. I shouldn't; Pete and Char were the only people I told about the Cullens, I trusted them and he didn't even give me any warning before I left to help with this mess they've gotten themselves in.

"Yeah, I can." I say, looking at the building I just stopped in front of.

It was a tall abandoned building, it's concrete walls covered in graffiti,dirt and some old bodily fluids if my nose is right. Two heart beats are coming from inside it.

Peter breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, Al." He says.

I look at him and notice his eyes keep getting darker every minute.

"Let's eat. Your throat must be killing you." I firmly say. He smiles a thankful smile and takes off to find his dinner.

I make sure I look decent then I walk into the building.

Breathing through my nose, I get the scent of fresh blood and I follow it. As I hunt, I think.

Do I want to see the Cullens? No. I don't,  they left without so much as a kiss my rock hard sparkly butt cheek.

But there is an innocent child involved.
A child that hasn't done anything to wrong me. So as soon as this is all over I can go back home.

That's a good plan, I'll stick to this plan like glue. I'll help them, then I'll go home where I'd pretend I'd never met them again. 

I like this plan.

The sound of a piercing scream, followed by a harsh slap of skin on skin and a feminine whimper caught my attention.

I follow the sound of the fast beating heart.

As I round the corner quietly,  I spot a large dark figure leaning over a motionless petite figure on the ground.
The bigger figure starts roughly tugging at the pants of the smaller person.

I know what was about to happen and hell to the no.

With the speed that only a supernatural being can have, I ran over to the horrid and disgusting animal that was going to be my dinner tonight.

My hand grabbed the collar of the shirt the built male was wearing and with a flick of my wrist, I threw him back listening as multiple bones in his body broke as he went through the rotting walls.

Before his body even hit the cement floor, I had my hand wrapped around his throat tightly and slammed him down.

I looked down at the horrific being that shouldn't even be considered a human and bit down hard on the skin of his neck.

The warm, filling and life-giving liquid filled my mouth and I eagerly swallowed every single drop until there was nothing left in the vessel that held that sicking soul.

I could feel Peter behind me, taking care of the unconscious but still petrified female.

He picks her up and runs her to a ER that'll help once they spot her laying there. He's the best at things that need stealth and observation skills.

After I finished my meal, I turn around and spot Peter standing to the side with two bottles full of fuel and a lighter.

Without saying a word, I grab a fuel bottle and start flooding the body and surrounding area with it before walking outside. With a flick of the lighter and the flames light the bulling up.

I turn and see that his eyes are a deadly blood-red. I'm happy with this, it means that he is full and the constant burn that's always in his throat is at the back of his mind as is mine.

"Are you still going to help Al?" He asks, hopefulness mingled in his voice.

"There is an innocent child, Peter...Of course I am." I say, offended that he thinks that even with everything that happened to me because of the Cullens I wouldn't an innocent person.

We hightail it out of there, going to meet the people I didn't want anything to do with.

{}{}{}{}{}

Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 1.2K 22
Twin sister of Jacob Black is kicked out of La Push High for fighting yet again and is now enrolling at Forks Highschool just a week before Bella arr...
124K 5.9K 31
"𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟. 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞...
18.6K 573 17
𝒾'𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒷𝓇𝑜𝓀𝑒, 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒷𝓊𝓈𝓉, 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝓃𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓈𝑜 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓅𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹, 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 ...
779K 17.1K 58
Clair has been moving since her whole life. Her Mother is a really talented and well known surgeon. So whenever a better paid offer got her way, she...