Living Life With The Parker B...

By CaitlinHeart

Brooklyn Matthews; a delinquent, troublesome, disobedient, young teenager. When her father finally decides th... More

Chapter One- The Beginning
Chapter Three- Disagreements
Chapter Four- Shop Till You Drop
Chapter Five- Welcome to Hell
Chapter Six- Horrible Creatures, I mean Teachers
Chapter Seven - The New and The Old
Chapter Eight- Dude!
Chapter Nine- Show time!
Chapter Ten- Idiots, bitches and pranks. Oh my!
Chapter Eleven- Shopping, salons and secrets.
Chapter Twelve- Holier than thou
Chapter Thirteen- The Beginning of a War
Chapter Fourteen- Happy Things and Mood Swings
Chapter Fifteen- Operation Anger Ash
Chapter Sixteen- Shouting, shots and surprises
Chapter Seventeen- A Blast From The Past
Chapter Eighteen- Fist Fights and Flights
Chapter Nineteen- My Achy Breaky Heart
Chapter Twenty- Deal with the Devil
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two- Stories and Studies
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four- Tyler Time
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Familiar and the Strange
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Two- Getting Started

43.5K 876 203
By CaitlinHeart

r. *Trailer with old cast to the side.

Chapter Two

Getting Started

I sat on the plane in economy class which was all my parents could afford. They accomponied me all the way so that there was no way I could escape their horrible plan. The trip to the airport in the taxi was probably the longest amount of time the three of us had spent together without shouting for years. Although, I wouldn't really call it an improvement as the journey was filled with hateful stares, exhausted sighs and dissapointment so thick in the air that I could barely breath. The fact that they were also sending me to another state so I was no longer their problem didn't really help either.  Trust me, if I had the chance to be in first class I wouldn’t think twice about it, anything to get away from the brat that kept on kicking the back of my chair and screaming in my ear. I had the urge to hit him but thought better of it and restrained myself from doing so. He was lucky I wasn't as bad as they say I am.

It was what I imagine a journey to hell would be like. In the tight space between the compacted seats I tried to drown out the sound of the screaming children to my left and the stench of BO to my right with no avail. The five hour plane journey seemed as if it were ten instead. When the seatbelt light flashed on and the plane began to descend I let out a relieved sigh despite the fact I was about to meet with the new family.  As I stepped off the plane the heat hit me in waves and the exhaustion of the plane ride hit me all over again. I was glad I'd decided to wear shorts instead of jeans otherwise I'm pretty sure I would of collapsed to the ground by now. 

I looked up at the cloudless sky thankful to be off of the plane and on solid ground. I relished in the air conditioning of the airport for quite some time to cool my burning skin down. After collecting my small amount of luggage I wandered off to the pick up area where I'd been told to meet Mrs Parker, the lady of the house I'd be staying in. I was far from excited as I lugged my belongings behing me towards a surprisingly beautiful woman holding a sign with my name 'Brooklyn Matthews' scrawled across it. As our eyes locked a wide smile replaced her slightly anxious one in a heart beat. As I approached warily I took in her appearance. She had the natural California look going fo her, natural blonde hair that was yet to see any signs of gray, a slim figure that was dressed in a casual pair of skinny jeans and a top. She looked like she'd been pulled straight out from some fashion magazine that I'd passed at the news stand. Once I was in her reach she didn't miss a beat to engulf me in her arms in a hug. I stiffened at the affection and she let go slightly frowning at my reaction. By passing it, she launched into a long speech that I was almost positive she'd rehursed whilst waiting for me.

“Let me have a look at you! I remember when you were just a baby, you looked so cute in those pictures your mom sent me. I see you got your looks from your mother, I guess that's a good thing, blonde hair and brown eyes. You look just like her. It's ashame she couldn't come with you but that's a whole different story. Now, let me have those bags and we'll be on our way!” She proclaimed. Involintarily my face scrunched up. How could one person be so chipper? If she was surprised at how much I'd changed from pictures she didn't show it as she grabbed up my bags. Since then I'd aqquired a few more leather jackets, spiked boots and piercings so I was quite impressed at the lack of shock she showed. As we left the building I reluctantly listened to her chatter on about how much of a great time I was going to have in California. Overall, I had mentally scoffed over fifteen times. I nodded my head as she spoke, not taking in anything she said. Seeing her frown, I pulled my head out of the clouds.

"What?" I asked. She was searching my face closely. Finally, setting on my brown eyes.

“I said, is this all you've got?" She asked, gesturing to the bags with a frown. I nodded furrowing my eyebrows. She nodded putting on a smile and I couldn't help but wonder if it was painful.

"I can’t wait for you to meet my boys,” she continued excitedly. Her boys? What does she mean boys? She has children? Surely she’s not going to be able to handle her sons and me. She’s not gonna know what hit her. I nod my head again and she sighs at the lack of response. I stared in awe at the car, it was a white Range Rover sport with black tinted windows. I didn't have a car back at home and if I did it would be a piece of crap. I had a car for a while until one time it broke down in the middle of nowhere. What was I doing in the middle of nowhere you may ask, well I’ll leave that up to your imaginations.

She put my luggage in the big trunk and I hopped in the passenger seat. The car roared to life as Mrs Parker started the engine and drove the way to her home. Staring out the window, I watched as the scenery whizzed by, the different colors all blurring into one. It was so different to New York, the polar opposite. No big flashing lights, tall building and big signs but instead lots and lots of palm trees and the sea that seemed infinite.

“So how many boys?” I asked casually. Her eyebrows rose a little with shock since it was the first time I'd spoken more than one word. Instantly, she blinded me with one of her dazzling smiles. I cursed myself for even bothering to ask.

“Ten,” she answered, I almost chocked on my own saliva. Ten kids? She really has to get a hobby, I mused to myself.

“Wow,” I muttered.

The rest of the car journey was painful, I probably would have prefered the deafening silence over the the amount of questions Mrs Parker threw my way, all of which went unanswered. After a long drive up a private gravel lane the car pulled up outside a house, wait, no a mansion. The brick walls were dominated by two overly large wooden doors to the house and two large white pillars supported the roof of the porch. To the right, there were four garage doors and it looked as if there were five floors to the whole house. My house back in New York compared to the one I was stood in front of was put to shame. Mine was probablys smaller than their garage. That was to be expected though with the lack of money my family owned, believe it or not we probably owned one of the nicer properties in our neighbourhood. My parents didn't earn a lot of money but we got by with what we had even if it did mean I was surrounded by a life full of crime and people who most likely had a criminal record. 

I hopped out of the car and followed Mrs Parker to the double doors. She turned the knob of the door and walked in, don’t they have locks on their doors? 

“The boys aren’t back from school yet so why don’t you go watch something in the lounge room and get comfortable. If you need anything I’ll be in the kitchen which is two doors down.” She said ushering me into a room before walking out. 

I took a seat on the white luxurious ‘L’ shaped sofa. The television was huge and when I say huge I mean it was practically took up half the wall.. Since I din’t know how to work it I just sat down on the sofa taking in the appearance of the room. Everything seemed so perfectly placed and everything gleamed with the light that shone through the large windows. It was hard to get comfortable without feeling so out of place. I was thankful when my phone went off giving me something to occupy myself with. I looked at my phone and saw that it was a text from one of my close friends.

Yo sista B, school was a snore you should have buzzed me I would have ditched with you. - J

Justin was definitely if anything something. His non standard American language use sometimes became hard to understand but once you heard it a lot you got used to it.  Of course he didn't always speak like this. He says talking in different ways broadens his verbalisation and his image, whatever the heck that means. He wasn't exactly the brightest bulb of the pack. 

Can’t explain now but I’m not coming home for a while - B 

I texted him back. Justin and I had been best friends since I was fourteen, him being a year older than me, he was fifteen. Not like many other people he didn’t care that I had a bad reputation since his was far from being good himself. 

 Ah I bet its got to do with yo' pops, yeah? Page me later, meetin' Blake and da rest.

 Oh, dear. This boy needed a dictionary.

Okay. 

As soon as my finger hit the send button the front door opened and shut followed by loud footsteps. Six boys, correction six extremely good looking boys, came into the room one after another, they didn’t seem to notice me so I stood up and cleared my throat. All their heads snapped to my direction. Their eyes scanned me over until finally they shared confused looks. Apparently, no bad genes ran in the family since everyone I'd met seemed pretty much faultless.

 “And who may you be?” One of them asked me. He was on of the older ones.

“Depends who’s asking” I replied cooly. 

“I’m Ash, 17. Your turn,” he introduced with a smirk.

“Brooklyn- Brooklyn Matthews” I introduced.

“ Oh right! So you're the girl our mom was telling us about,” he mused out loud, nodding.

“Yeah, I guess that would be me.” I shrugged carelessly. 

“Mom didn’t tell us she was hot.” One of the boys who hadn’t yet spoken muttered followed by a slap across the head. Ignoring his comment I turned my eyes back to meet Ash's brown ones. There was something about them that seemed familiar in a way, it was a glint in his eye that I'd seen before. I knew that he wasn't one to mess with, by the look I could tell one wrong move and I'd send him over the edge. I knew that look very well. Although that wouldn't stop me.

“So our mom didn’t tell us why you're going to be staying with us,” another boy intervined who I later found out to be Tristan. He waited impatiently for my answer.

“And it's gonna stay that way,” I told them. He scowled before his brother who seemed the same age stepped in to introduce himself.

“Well, my name's Charlie, this is Tyson he’s only fourteen." He said pointing to the youngest boy in the group, he seemed the shyest out of them as he offered a small smile and a wave. "Ash, Tristan and I are triplets but as you can see we're not identical which by the way is extremely rare but I won' t bore you with the scientific details. Max he’s 18 and that’s Logan he’s 19.” Charlie continued whilst I nodded my head. Max and Logan both offered charming smiles which I almsot returned. 

“Cool so where are your other brothers?” I asked noticing there were only six of them and their mom had said that she had ten sons.

“Well Landon and Shane don’t live here anymore since their 23 and 20 and Dustin and Kenny are 5 and should be home any minute from kindergarden with our dad,”  Charlie explained, doing all the talking. Out of the triplets he seemed like the friendliest by far. I could tell already the type of guy he was with his blonde hair, charming smile, clear athletic build and the suspicious feeling I got that he was an AP student. Clearly I was in the presence of a golden boy. 

 “Boys- Oh so it looks like you’ve already met Brooklyn. Charlie and Ash could you be helpful and get Brooklyn’s bags from the car and then show her up to her room. The two boys nodded their heads before going out to the car, Ash seemed the most reluctant to do so but after hearing his mother's clear orders he didn't refuse.. They came back in a minute later with my bags, I offered to take one of them but they both refused. I followed closely behind them afraid I might get lost in their big home. We stopped outside what apparently was my room. Charlie opened the door and I instantly fell completely in love with it. The room was huge almost the same size as the whole bottom floor of my home in New York.  Around the room there were twinkle lights, on one of the walls was a mural of new york city at night time. Another was an interesting turquoise color. In the middle pushed up against the wall was a massive four post bed with canopy bed curtains that were almost see through. To the side of the bed was a large window looking over the garden with a bay window seat with blue and white square cushions. On one wall my name was written big with the words 'chase your dreams' underneath it. It was clear Beth had put a lot of hard work and effort to make the room perfect in such a short time.

“So do you like it?” Charlie asked, I really wanted to tell him how I felt but I couldn’t. I hid the smile that threatened to tug at my mouth. I had to prove to my dad that he was wrong and that I'd never change the way I was. I had to admit though this was one hell of a room and the painting was out of this world. I sighed, I shouldn't get used to it though, I told myself, it's not like I would be staying here long once Mrs Parker truly sees the potential I have to ruin lives.

So I said, “Sure” and nodded my head in reply. A hint of anger flared within Ash's eyes and Charlie frowned at the lack of my gratitude. They dismissed themselves from the room leaving me to bask in silence. I felt a twing of guilt as I took a seat on the bed, this was better than anything my parent's could offer me and I couldn't even tell anyone how much I liked it. My room back in New York consisted of a springy mattress and an old broken wardrobe for my clothes. I put thoughts of New York to the side feeling the longing to see my friends.

Everyone so far seemed decent enough, maybe this would be harder than I thought. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...