Or Is It Real?

By eatsoulsforbreakfast

(NON-AU | Completed) It's Camren, what else is there to say? (9/16 - 2/17) ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Please don't... More

Foreword (Please read)
CHAPTER 1: #CamRen
CHAPTER 2: Dope
CHAPTER 3: Pizza and Bananas
CHAPTER 4: #CamrenIsDead
CHAPTER 5: Going Nowhere
CHAPTER 6: Better Together
CHAPTER 7: Scared of Happy
CHAPTER 8: Carmen
CHAPTER 9: I Kissed A Girl
CHAPTER 10: That's My Girl
CHAPTER 11: Big Bad Wolf
CHAPTER 12: Cosmic Love
CHAPTER 13: If They Only Knew
CHAPTER 14: So High
CHAPTER 15: Woke The Fuck Up
CHAPTER 16: Possession Obsession
CHAPTER 17: Tastes Like Pepsi Cola
CHAPTER 18: Tonight's The Night
CHAPTER 19: Kisses Down Low
CHAPTER 20: Gooey
CHAPTER 21: Something Smells Fishy
CHAPTER 22: Thug Harmony
CHAPTER 23: We Know
CHAPTER 24: Got A Secret, Can You Keep It?
CHAPTER 25: Spread the Love, Spread the Nutella
Chapter 26: I Said I Love You, But I Lied
CHAPTER 27: Sinu, She Knew
Chapter 28: Lost Frequencies
Chapter 29: I Miss You
Chapter 30: Don't Speak
Chapter 31: Or Is It Real?
Chapter 32: Feelings Fade
Chapter 33: Who Are You?
Chapter 34: I Know What You Did Last Summer
Chapter 35: Stuck On You
Chapter 36: I Hate You, I Love You
Chapter 37: No Filter
Chapter 39: About Us
A/N
Chapter 40: Lips
Chapter 41: Back To Me
Chapter 42: Almost Lover
Chapter 43: Mr. Brightside
Chapter 44: Abrupt Clarity
Chapter 45: Distraction
Chapter 46: It's A Wrap
Epilogue: Uncover
New Fic: TIAC
Hallo

Chapter 38: All Aboard?

9K 311 207
By eatsoulsforbreakfast

Dinah's PoV

Today is a beautiful day, just like me. We're about to shoot our promo single, Write On Me, and I'm so excited because damn I look flawless and I already posted cute selfies and my crush liked all of them, and I look bomb in this dress!

But other than my overall hotness, I noticed something else today which has gotten my attention.

It happened a few hours back, in catering. Gotta eat some breakfast before glam because we don't wanna hear no growling stomachs or have some fainting spells during the shoot of our music video, so, me, Mani, and Ally were already eating because it takes us longer in glam than Lauren or Mila does, not because they're hotter, duh as if, but because Lauren is usually content with her messy hair so it takes less time to fix her hair than when they have to tame my glorious majestic mane, and Mila usually opts for lighter make-up. Both of them are usually low maintenance, so most of the time they can afford to be late. Unlike me, who is a queen, I need to look perfect, so I have to make sure everything is in place, because my presence is a blessing to people and they need to be inspired by my radiant beauty and aura.

Anyway, Mila's still over at the food area, trying to figure out how to use the juice machine. I think she's about to break it because I saw her shoving bananas inside and I wanted to tell her that you can't juice a banana, you have to blend it, but, girl, I was hungry as a lion! A goddess my size gotta eat in time or shit will go down, so I walked past her and sat my nice ass on my chair. Lauren's late, as usual, which makes me look good coz I used to be the queen of lateness and oversleeping. My girl Lauren takes the title now, crown and sash too, but today, she's even more late than the usual, which was quite noticeable.

Actually, Mila was late too, and her eyes looked so tired like she hasn't slept a wink. I may have scolded her awhile ago and threatened that if I ever found out she's taking drugs or shit like that imma whoop her giant booty so hard she'll have to fly all the way to Cuba to get it back. Of course I was just messing with her, Mila may like her alcohol every now and then but she'll never take drugs. Lauren, on the other hand... that girl is wild I won't be surprised if she comes in late, halfway through our soundchecks, mind still floating from that residual high coz my girl be smoking only the best weed in town, wearing the same clothes she wore from the night before.

Oh shit, I'm sorry, I'm rambling. Okay, so as I was saying, I saw something weird today. Weird, but hella good!

So, me and my girls are chatting happily, and then I saw Lauren rushing in, so I immediately waved at her and she pointed at the food, meaning she'll grab some chow first before going to our table, so I gave her a thumbs up. I was sitting beside Mani, and beside her was Ally. Mila was sitting across from me, with her back facing the entrance so when I waved at Lauren, she had to turn around to look at who I was "talking" to and she immediately snapped her head back and stared at her plate with a bit of a blush staining her cheeks. And I was like, hmmm. Coz my Chancho seemed to have forgotten she had food in her mouth, with veggie stalk sticking out, making her look like a petite walrus or something. I threw a piece of nugget on her face and that seemed to have woken her up and she began chewing her food again, looking nervous.

When I saw Lauren approaching us, she stopped and looked at the vacant chairs. There were two available seats: one was next to Camila, and another one at the far end of the table, next to Ally.

Mila glanced at Lauren before bowing her head again as if there was some hidden TV inside her bowl and she was watching her favorite tv show on it.

I saw Lauren bite on her lip, holding her food tray, as if contemplating on which seat to take, but of course we all know she was gonna sit next to Ally, even if it was the suckiest spot because people kept on bumping against it, and direct sunlight was hitting it like some annoying laser beam. Ally even started grabbing her bag which she placed on the empty chair, but girl, I swear to god we all simultaneously choked on our own spit and semi-chewed food when we saw Lauren shrug and sit beside Mila!

The whole table was silent, and I looked at Mani and Ally to see if they're seeing what I was seeing, and when I saw their wide-eyed reactions, I knew I wasn't hallucinating.

Mila looked up at Lauren and both of them were smiling shyly at each other.

"What's up, nuggets?" Lauren looked at us and furrowed her eyebrows when she saw our mouths hanging open, "What?"

"Nothing." I said, trying to act nonchalant, while I feel Normani pinching my thigh, which I knew was because she was also wondering at what's happening and it meant that I better be swallowing my food quickly so we can talk about it in private and figure out what's happening. We already knew that asking Camren is useless, because these two are the wittiest duo I've ever met, and now that they seemed to be chummy chummy again, I'm sure there won't be any questions answered today that aren't in the form of sarcastic retorts and witty comebacks that we have to decipher.

I kept sneaking glances at the two in front of me. Lauren was separating the shrimps from her aglio olio pasta, while Camila kept on fidgeting as if someone's licking her buttcrack. Lauren laughed at something Mani said, while putting her shrimps on Camila's plate, as if out of habit.

"Here, Camz, your favorite." Lauren said, and this time, we all stared at her pointedly.

Even Camila seemed shocked. So shocked that she knocked over her plate and it landed upside down on the carpeted floor. Lauren laughed at Mila's pouting expression, I repeat, she laughed! Wait, no she giggled! Giggled like a damn kid high on sugar.

And I sat there looking at Mani, and then at Ally who seemed to be praising Jesus in her mind and singing gospel songs because she was simply radiating sunshine -- oh wait, no it's just the stupid sunlight from the big ass window.

What the heck happened last night, in between us watching Mila's video and today!?

Don't get me wrong, I'm the captain of this problematic ship and god knows how much I prayed for this moment: months of seeing these two ignore each other, which was already considered a good day, because if they weren't ignoring each other, it meant tension in the room. Most of the time it was Lauren who's bitchin' on Mila, but sometimes, Mila has her moments. I noticed that she gets salty everytime Lucy was around, but when I ask her about it, she acts puzzled and denies that she's jealous.

We tried everything to get them to reconsider things, but in the end, we know that it's gonna be up to them to realize that they are perfect for each other and that Camren is the realest ship ever. So what we did was maintain the peace, kept them from clawing at each other's faces, and wish upon the stars that they swallow their pride and just get back together.

And boy, I tried the hardest to push them back into each other's arms. Subtly reminding Lauren that Mila is one hot Cuban Mama and boys are drooling all over her, and if she doesn't suck it up and forgive my baby Chancho, then somebody might steal her away. I knew Mila won't ever, for as long as she can, get over Lauren so easily. Still, I act like there's some possible connection between Mila and Shawn, always shoving their ship to Lauser's face to wake her up.

Maybe my plan worked after all?

Because, this Camren moment is actually happening.

Of course, I had to capture this before it ends, and I'm so glad I have awesome reflexes so I was able to take a photo of them caught in that rare Camren moment: Lauren giggling, and Camila pouting as she stares at her food on the floor.

I was in heaven, and as captain of the Camren ship, I'm proud to say that you bishes better sit tight and stay aboard because soon we're gonna be sailing into the sunset straight into the kingdom of happily ever after.

And to those of you who ever doubted my ship, you can all kiss my flawless ass, I don't need you aboard my cruise ship and you can all stay in your little dinghy and I hope it has holes in it. And when the water is slowly sinking your tiny subpar boat, you best be thinking about why you have so easily given up on my Chancho and Ralph when it's the purest bond you could ever witness in your entire lifetime. You better not be scurrying your traitorous asses back to my ship coz boy imma be pushing you all overboard into the depths of the Pacific Ocean. After giving y'all some good ol' Poly beatdown, of course.

***

A/N:

A filler because I need a break from the previous chapters, it was kinda heavy for me, so I hope you missed reading Dinah's PoV. 😙

Dear non-CS, pls don't kill me. That last bit was purely Dinah's PoV. I think the other ships are cute too. 😅

I wanna say thank youu to everyone who takes their time to send me nice words, y'all are the best. I really really love reading you guys, pls don't stop! Lol.

🙌🏻🙏🏼 Comment and vote pls, you know I'm such a trash for feedbacks. Help me share my fic around if you think it's worth sharing, or follow me here or on:

Tumblr: problematic-camren
Twitter: uberWOmensch

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 6.3K 37
Lauren has a dream about kissing a beautiful girl. During her first day of school she meets a girl named Camila. What will Lauren do when she realize...
471K 16.3K 16
Lauren isn't normal. She can read minds. Hear minds. It's both a blessing and a curse. If she had a choice, she'd pick being normal in a heartbeat. ...
235K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
2.1M 53K 48
Camren is left to raise a baby.