A Summer's Secret

By _cynical

Secrets come with a price. Asia Cassidy is about to learn that secrets aren't free (and are not that easy t... More

EPIGRAPH
Prologue
☼Chapter 1 [[THE SECRET]]
☼Chapter 2
☼Chapter 3
☼Chapter 4
☼Chapter 5
☼Chapter 7
☼Chapter 8
☼Chapter 9
☼Chapter 10
☼Chapter 11
☼Chapter 12
☼Chapter 13 [[ THE TRUTH ]]
☼Chapter 14
☼Chapter 15
☼Chapter 16
☼Chapter 17
☼Chapter 18
☼Chapter 19
☼Chapter 20
☼Chapter 21
☼Chapter 22
☼Chapter 23
☼Chapter 24
☼Chapter 25
☼Chapter 26
☼Chapter 27
☼Chapter 28
☼Chapter 29
☼Chapter 30
☼Chapter 31
☼Chapter 32
☼Chapter 33 [The Revelation]
☼Chapter 34
☼Chapter 35
☼Chapter 36
Epilogue
Bonus

☼Chapter 6

4.3K 212 9
By _cynical

6.

"I can't believe you got yourself pregnant!" Dad's screams echoed throughout the house. "You don't even have a husband or a freakin' job!"

"Watch it Dad," London replied,"I'm still working my ass off if you have to know."

Dad was holding his spoon tighter than ever and I'm pretty sure if that spoon had eyes, it would've probably popped out by now.

"You work as a waitress in a Pizza parlor," Dad said in that sort of judgmental tone that can get on anyone's nerves sometimes.

I eyed Claude with fear and anxiety but he held a finger to his lips. I understand, we're the worst for being the bearer of this news.

My brother and I told our parents about the pregnancy test at breakfast, and you could just imagine the fit my father had once he learned it wasn't Mom's but London's.I swear I've never seen my Father so angry before.

Ever heard of Mt.Pelée eruption? Well I haven't experienced a volcanic eruption before but thanks to my cool yet nerdy friend, National Geographic, I could easily compare Dad's blowing up to one of the strongest volcanic eruptions in History.

My parents, most especially Dad went berserk, like what I've said he exploded like a dormant volcano finally waking to its call.

Breakfast was ruined for everyone, most especially London who looked at me like I ruined her life or something, in fact these were her exact words for me, "you're a life wrecker, you know that?"

"That's it, I'm sick of this family!" London said as she got up and turned away from the breakfast table, much to my father's distaste.

"London you get back here at once!" Dad demanded.

I got up and followed her, grabbing the sleeve of her sweater, "London I'm sorry," I said, "I-I was just trying to help."

"Help?" She snarled, "you may be a meddling twerp but guess what, I should probably thank you for buying me a ticket to Freedom."

She pulled her sleeve away a bit too harshly. I could see her jawbone fairly good which meant she was clenching her teeth. I'm sure she's not mad at me. Heck she isn't even angry.

London was sick of me. She despised my existence.

Dad was shouting profanities non-stop and Mom was crying, holding a hanky gingerly against her cheeks. How I wish I just kept my mouth shut.

Claude got up and held my shoulder. I thought he was supporting me, keeping me up but I could feel that he too was nervous.

"What do you think is gonna happen now?" He whispered.

I shrugged my shoulders in reply.

London came down the stairs bringing with her a suitcase. She was dressed in an extremely short mini skirt and thigh high boots. Something she shouldn't probably wear in a cold weather like this.

"Crap, she's not acting is she?" Claude muttered as he released me and rubbed the sides of his head.

Did he actually think that London was just acting?

London dragged her suitcase as she approached my brother and me, "you did this," London said in an accusatory tone, her teeth clenched, "the both of you."

"London, please don't do this," I said in a very small voice, I felt like crying now. I don't want her to think that I'm against her or something.

Sure, she may be the devil incarnate but she's still my sister. She is still family.

London turned away from us, dragging her case along with her. She didn't even glance at the table where our parents were sitting.

My sister can really be cold-hearted if she wanted to.

"You are not leaving this house London Sofia Cassidy!" Dad shouted.

I heard the clatter of china and stainless steel and the sound of a chair being unceremoniously dragged out of place.

"And why is that? Dad, I'm twenty five and I'm old enough to leave this place. Heck I should have left years ago!" London talked back.

"Now is not the time to leave, not now that you've proven yourself unworthy of trust and responsibility!"

"I get it Dad, I'm lazy and I'm a good for nothing slut but Dad this is my life," London said, she was starting to cry. I could tell from the breaking of her voice, " just please let me leave."

"Honey, we don't think of you like that" Mom said, her voice breaking as well.

Mom is very good at saying the right stuff but right now, I think Mom might have lost her touch.

"Let me leave. It's for the better," London continued, not paying attention to what Mom said.

"No,you stay here. That's what's good for you and your baby," Dad replied.

He took a deep breath and tried to smile at my sister, taking a step towards her at the same time, "and besides you don't have anywhere to go."

"I-I can stay at Sam's."

My Father's expression shifted back to monster mode, "is he the father?"

London hesitated for a moment, as if afraid to answer and then she lowered her head, "I don't know...I don't think so Dad."

"God," my Father gasped, "how many men have you slept with before this?" He said, slamming his fists on the table and making Mom's china plates clatter once again.

"Call me what you want then. I don't care 'coz I'm leaving this hell once and for all!"

Dad held her by the wrist and he looked as sad and depressed and angry as ever but he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

Dad taught us that technique when we were younger. He said that whenever we were angry, all we had too do was close our eyes and count to ten.

"No London," he said, his voice softer this time.

"We want to know who the father is, and...and have a word with him," Dad said.

London looked aghast but the tears continued to fall down her powdered cheeks, "I think he doesn't want to have anything to do with this child," she said as she gave her belly a pat.

"Well what about that Sam guy? Does he know about your condition?"

"Well duh, he's my boyfriend and he was the first one to know about this- wait a minute why am I explaining this shit to you guys. It's not like you give a damn or anything."

"London, honey of course we care. We only want what's good for you," Mom said.

I don't want to be anticlimactic but I noticed Mom's lack of anything better to say.

"Well if you want what's good for me then let me go," London said in a pleading voice.

"Okay," Dad replied, raising his hands in defeat, "we'll allow you to go."

London's mouth hung agape. I couldn't blame her, none of us expected this turn of events.

"Cecil!" Mom exclaimed.

"Let me finish Helen," Dad replied as he held a hand at Mom's direction.

"We'll let you go," Dad said, continuing what he started, "given that we'll come with you, your Mother and I."

"What?" London exclaimed, "Dad!"

"That is my condition. We'll just have a little word with this Sam person. We want to know his living conditions, whether he could feed you and provide you with your needs and well we want to make sure he'll not hurt you or else..."

"Or else what Dad?" London replied. I could see the smile creeping on her face.

"Well let's just say the police will find a body somewhere-"

"Cecil!"

"Just kidding hun," Dad replied to my Mother, giving her an arrogant smirk that somehow resembled Aiden's.

My Mother rolled her eyes and muttered something about men and egos but then caught sight of Claude and I and she actually looked surprised to see us there.

"Asia, Claude what are doing standing over there? You better go now or you'll be late for school," Mom ordered. (Ordered, because it definitely sounded like an order to me.)

Oh right. I've still got to deal with school and school means facing Emerald. Great.

So far, Emerald didn't even look at me. She just walked pass me like I was a ghost or some sort of invisible being. It hurts so much, God if only it wasn't so embarrassing to cry.

I decided to skip lunch as I headed up to the library. People are off to the Cafeteria so I won't be expecting a bunch of students in the Library at this time, well except maybe for a few die hard students whose life's passion is to ace every single test there is.

I grabbed a random book from the Poetry section and sat at the farthest side of the Library.

I opened the book absentmindedly and hid my face behind it, finally letting it all out.

I tried saying hi to her awhile ago but she only walked faster as she grabbed Dahlia along with her, laughing and skipping to their next class as if they were best friends since birth.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous but I can't think of anything else except the hurt and the constant lingering thought of what have I done that caused her to shun me out of her life.

I was drowning myself in misery when all of a sudden I heard someone speaking.

"Asia, hey what are you doing?" The voice said and the next thing I knew the book that was hiding me from shame was snatched away, "Oh my God are you crying?"

The seat beside mine shifted and warm arms embraced me, "it's okay, everything's going to be fine,"

'When...when will it ever be fine."

I cried over the person's shoulder. I seriously cannot understand why every time someone comforts a crying friend by saying "everything is going to be fine," the crying friend cries even more.

I buried my face in his collar and I realized he's got a pleasant manly perfume scent and even though I've got a feeling who this guy was, I would never dare look up.

The guy chuckled as he lifted my chin, his blue eyes meeting mine.

"Why are you always crying whenever we're alone?"

-

OKAY.. this is a bit depressing chapter but never fret because bad days will soon come to an end. So just keep calm and find out what happens next.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 8.1K 27
Everyone has a secret they keep from people...Well mine is that I'm an teenage agent for the CIA. When Penelope and her fake family get put undercove...
14.6K 438 77
"Who are you exactly?!" I growled angrily. She tried to free herself from my grasp, but I pinned her to the wall. She glared at me angrily as she kep...
32K 2K 53
"I would scream but I have a headache from crying my eyes out in the bathroom. You have twenty seconds to explain why you broke into my house before...