To Seduce an Angel | 18+ ✔

By SerenityR0se

[COMPLETED]✔ The Blood Magic Series |Book 7| 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Series. ⁃⁃⁃❖⁃⁃⁃ ༺༒༻ "Why ar... More

The Blood Magic Series - Book 7: To Seduce an Angel
Book 7⌇1. Adventure Awaits!
Book 7⌇2. Varið
Book 7⌇3. Presumptuous
Book 7⌇4. Guardian Angel
Book 7⌇6. Fluffy Wings
Book 7⌇7. If You Must...
Book 7⌇8. Inside Voices
Book 7⌇9. Love Doesn't Exist
Book 7⌇10. The Hunter
Book 7⌇11. Let's Play House
Book 7⌇12. Reaper
Book 7⌇13. Watch Your Mouth
Book 7⌇14. Don't You Know How To Knock?!
Book 7⌇15. VV1-I
Book 7⌇16. Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer
Book 7⌇17. Message Received
Book 7⌇18. Disobedience
Book 7⌇19. It's a Cold Day in Hell
Book 7⌇20. Retroactive
Book 7⌇21. Face My Fears
Book 7⌇22. So, This is Love
Book 7⌇23. Fallen
Book 7⌇Epilogue: A Bad Omen

Book 7⌇5. The Celestial Veil: Link

14.1K 782 42
By SerenityR0se

Chapter 5 ∣  The Celestial Veil: Link

-Isis

What is?

What was...?

How?

I don't understand...

This is impossible, this can't be happening.

My mind was racing and trying to grasp onto exactly what I'd just experienced. I clutched my arms across my chest, holding myself while my eyes remained on the white surface beneath me as my wings beat the air around me. I'm not sure entirely of when I'd left Earth and sailed close to the Golden Gates, the Celestial Veil fast approaching, but now there was a part of me regretting leaving in the first place.

He was killing me...that incubus was trying to take my energy and perhaps my soul. But he couldn't...or he wouldn't and stopped himself. In his eyes, there was something I'd never seen before from anyone let alone a demon.

I can still see the look on his face, the image imprinting in my brain. There was almost like a battle taking place within him and that confused me further because it shouldn't have been a question whether to kill me. I should be dead; angels and demons pitted against each other since the beginning of time.

My feathery wings moved past the souls that were waiting to be admitted into Heaven, my left hand reaching up and rubbing the front of my neck absentmindedly. His touch, even from just his tail, it drew me in and made me feel something I didn't think an angel was capable of. I didn't want these thoughts though; I didn't want to allow myself to fall prey to his game.

"Isis?" The deep voice brought me out of my thoughts, my hand falling away when I caught sight of Arsenios. The Keeper of the Book lifted his eyes to meet my own while he sat on a chair with that very book before him on a platform. The souls were protected by sentinel angels on their journey to Heaven, kind of what a reaper does for the Devil.

His deep brown eyes met with my own, his blonde hair pushed back away from his face as he let the page, he was about to turn flutter back down. I breathed in sharply and let my wings fold against my back, my feet touching the ground. The faces of the uncertain...the scared...each one of those souls wondering exactly what would become of them stood in a neat line.

"Isis, are you alright?" Arsenios once again spoke, the soul directly in front of his platform remaining silent while I just swallowed hard. I didn't want to tell him what happened...because then I'd have to admit that the demon was seducing me. I couldn't...I wouldn't. It would be a sign of weakness and I'd probably be pulled from my assignment for fear that the demon would either try to kill me again or corrupt me.

I can't jeopardize Icarus' safety. I must protect him until he finishes that virus.

"I'm okay, I just need to speak with my brother," it was one way of getting around the book keeper's question. He was sweet and kind, reassuring everyone that everything happens for a reason and that they are here because they were destined to. He was the perfect angel for the job, and I valued his concern...it just wasn't needed in this case.

Arsenios nodded and replied, "Azriel should be free, he's not had an assignment for a month now."

At his words, the gates behind him opened. The light and hope in the souls' faces were almost too much for me...I knew some of them were here and weren't meant to be. It didn't happen often, but there were always those that you could just feel that their presence was unwelcome here. It wouldn't be until Arsenios spoke with the soul and did not find their name within the book that the issue would come to light.

I tried not to think about it as it brought pain from the past...

"Take care Isis, you shouldn't leave Earth for long," always the caring angel, Arsenios sent me on my way with a cheery smile. He was right though...I can't leave Icarus for long especially after what had just happened, but I needed to see my brother. I needed to get his advice without directly telling him about my problem.

No issue...right?

I nodded at him, stepping silently across the white flooring and entering the brilliant plane that was the Celestial Veil. It was nice to be home, but under the wrong circumstances, unfortunately.

I passed by angels, keeping to my own thoughts and heading straight for Azriel's home. It didn't take me long until I found myself standing outside of the familiar door, lifting my hand and knocking gently. A moment or two later, the door was swung open and there stood my strong brother, his blonde hair matching my own except much shorter and his deep blue eyes a mirror reflection. It was good to see him...it just always seemed we were on our assignments at the same time, never getting a chance to rest and talk like when we were children.

His place was quiet though, considering he had already been assigned a Link. She'd come and gone, the sole purpose of that visit to create another angel that would be brought into this world. My brother and I are rare though...twins. Angels don't usually have siblings, but we were lucky enough to exist and grow up together, forming a bond not many would understand.

Oh, you're probably wondering what a Link is.

Angels are assigned a Link, a companion to procreate with once in their life. There is no choice, there is no love, like everything, being an angel is about serving a higher power and purpose.

"Isis!" Azriel took a moment to register that his sister was standing before him. In the next moment, I was enveloped in a warm hug, hearing him whisper, "It's been a while...did you finish your assignment?"

When we pulled away, I shook my head and asked, "Can I come in? I need to talk."

He glanced around before nodding and stepping back, allowing me to enter his home. It was nice, once again something that was familiar. The door closed behind him and when he turned to face me, I hastily blurted out, "My varið was almost taken and I was almost killed and-"

"Wait, wait, wait," Azriel held his hands up, confusion showing across his face, "slow down and take it from the beginning."

I attempted to relax my muscles, my breathing coming short as I said again, "Icarus was almost taken from me by a demon and that very demon tried to kill me."

Azriel became worried when he quickly asked, "Where is your varið? How did you escape?"

"He-He's with friends," I knew what I last saw, but I couldn't be entirely sure if he was safe, "I-I don't know how, but I broke free from the incu-demon and flew away," I corrected myself, feeling the palms of my hands become sweaty.

"Incubus?!" Azriel moved away from the door, his hands falling on the tops of my shoulders while his eyes searched mine, "They're dangerous Isis! You know better..."

The whole soul-sucking thing...yes, it puts a real damper on what could have happened.

But it didn't.

"I know, but I can't explain exactly what happened," I sighed and lowered my head, not wanting to meet my brother's gaze.

His sigh was heavy, feeling one of his hands leave my shoulder and gently touch my chin, lifting my eyes back up to meet his. Azriel asked calmly, "What happened? How did you even get in the situation, to begin with?"

"I just..." how do I even begin? I can't...I thought I could explain it to my own brother, but I can't. Apart of me feels like it's gone cold like there is a flicker of light somewhere searching for me like a beacon. It's warm and drawing me, pulling me to its final destination...but if I allow myself to follow it, I don't know what will happen...because...

...it's pulling me to that demon.

I saw it, I felt it and I don't want it.

Sin.

I jolted under Azriel's touch, the sound of someone banging on the door startling me. "Azriel?! Is Isis in there with you? I didn't expect her assignment to be over yet, but if she truly is back-"

"Oh no..." my voice trailed off quietly while Azriel sighed heavily. He let go of my shoulder and chin, his eyes falling on the door.

"Thaddeus, she's visiting," my brother returned as the last thing I wanted to do right at this moment was to join my Link. He was persistent after we had been assigned to one another...but that was the day before Icarus became my varið and his assignment took top priority.

"At least let me see her before she leaves," he was almost desperate. Thaddeus is a sentinel angel, protecting those souls with his life and thankfully...I kept mine today. Azriel turned to me and I just nodded, not really wanting to get caught up in anything here. My concern was for Icarus now, especially because I couldn't be certain exactly how he was...after the demon attack...I wonder what is going through his mind.

Azriel took a few steps to the door, taking the handle and pulling the door open. Thaddeus' green eyes took one look at my brother before landing on me, his light brown hair touching his shoulders.

"Hello Thaddeus," I bowed my head respectfully, greeting him while he moved into Azriel's home. He stopped just a few feet away from me, tilting my head back to meet his gaze.

"Isis...it's been a long time," I can see he wants to outstretch his hand, to touch me like a long-lost lover might, but that is not what we are or how we will ever be. We don't make lasting bonds as that would interfere with our purpose of serving a higher power, by protecting those who need it through all stages of their life and even in death. Affection is something we just cannot form...ever...and procreating with my Link will be the only time I ever allow myself to be touched in that way.

I reply shortly, "It has," I quickly look to Azriel to see him just narrow his eyes in return. Looking back at Thaddeus I inform him, "I must be going, my varið needs me and I've been away already long enough."

Thaddeus breathed in deeply before he said, "I'll be waiting."

I said my quick goodbye to my brother and made it quickly out the door, letting my wings unfold and take flight. I waved at Arsenios as I passed over the gates, his smile giving me strength as the next time I would come back here, would be when my assignment with Icarus truly is complete.

As I waved goodbye and started my descent to Earth, I felt a small light in my heart, and I wanted to ignore it. It was easy before, but it was becoming harder the closer I drew to the Earth's surface.

What scared me?

Desire.

Want.

Need.

The deepest part of me that desired to know what this was, the want and need to understand why the demon made me feel this way. It did strange things to me, butterflies fluttering around sporadically in my abdomen. I'd never felt anything close to this, not even when it came to light that Thaddeus was my Link. That was supposed to be some kind of day showing significance...

...but it didn't come close to the one second with that incubus after he released his claim on my soul...

Published on Amazon as an ebook and paperback.

To Seduce an Angel by K. A. Young.

If you don't have a Kindle and can't purchase the book off Amazon, you are more than welcome to join my Patreon page and receive downloadable PDFs under the Pack Tracker Tier.

Please click on the link on my bio.

https://www.patreon.com/SerenityR0se     

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 13.7K 21
[COMPLETED]✔ The Blood Magic Series |Book 9| 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Series. ⁃⁃⁃❖⁃⁃⁃ It is said that a true born hunter is to be feared...
8.1M 393K 91
[COMPLETED]✔ Book 1 of The Deliverance Series Ménage--MxFxM 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Mature Book. --⊰♥⊱-- "Death would be too good for yo...
1.2M 43.7K 69
Book 1 of "Bloodlust" series. "I'm going to give you one chance to answer me. Where is she?" She asked, looking into my eyes. I looked back at her, t...