The Masked Murderer

By KellyBlack_20

**Currently Extending** **2017 WATTY AWARD WINNER** Olivia Chastain's life was seemingly perfect until she wa... More

Authors Note
The Murders
Recovery
The Return
The Pool
Party Plans
Jess's Bloody Birthday Party- Part I
Jess's Bloody B-Day Party- Part II
The Aftermath
Hunted
Investigation
Captive
Escape
Thank you!!

Epilogue

10.8K 786 325
By KellyBlack_20

One year had passed since my kidnapping ordeal and the death of Charles. A tremendous weight lifted from my shoulders when I learned that Charles was, in fact, dead. At the police station, Officer Stanley recounted the entire story; her words streamed into my mind like a film projecting onto a screen. Goosebumps prickled down my arms as I watched her lips move, the scene unfolding in slow motion.

"I was the first to receive the call from the bar," Officer Stanley informed, her words flowing effortlessly as though recounting someone else's tale while I listened, feeling like a bystander in my own story.

 Officer Stanley continued, "I immediately called for backup as soon as I got the details. More calls kept coming in, reporting a man driving erratically down Mills County Road near Route 5, brandishing a gun out of his window."

"That's near his parents' cabin, where he held me hostage!" I interjected.

Officer Stanley nodded, compassion sparking in her eyes. "I'm aware."

"We received another call soon after, reporting a man with a gun driving recklessly," Officer Stanley explained, "When we arrived on the scene, he attempted to evade us. We tried to get him to pull his vehicle over multiple times, but he refused to comply. Then he aimed his gun directly at us, leaving us no choice but to shoot. Officer Ramirez was in the passenger seat and managed to take a precise shot. When he fired at Charles, it was fatal."

Chills ran down my spine as Officer Stanley finished up her story. A wave of relief washed over me.

I also discovered more about his past. Five years ago, Charles's psychiatrist diagnosed him with a severe psychotic breakdown from which he never fully recovered. This condition was a contributing factor to what he did to me that night. Additionally, I discovered he had spent time in a psychiatric ward during his youth due to his disturbing obsession with torturing and killing animals. 

Once the police finished their investigation, we discovered that Charles was kidnapping and killing women when he was supposed to be working overtime.

His parents offered me their deepest sympathies, they were so very apologetic. It was just as hard for them to come to terms with Charles being a serial killer just as it was for me.

I was still in therapy and recovering from the detrimental psychological impact the kidnappings, murder, and my relationship with Charles had on me. It would take some years for me to make a full recovery, according to my therapist.

I moved in with my parents. I didn't mind because I felt very safe there and they always tended to my needs. If I was having a nightmare or flashbacks, Mom and Dad would immediately console me until I felt safe.

I picked up a part time job as a personal trainer at my local gym. I decided that being gainfully employed, along with the benefits of being physically active, would help me to get my mind off of everything. I also started dating one of my co-workers, Tristan, whom was also a personal trainer. He knew all about my past- the kidnappings and murders, and he was quite understanding of the fact that I wanted to take things slow. I learned to not rush into any relationship, but to take things slow and get to really know the person.

Overall, my life was slowly coming back together. I was very thankful I had survived, but I felt great sympathy for those women who didn't.

I was finally at peace with everything, and life was slowly becoming a much happier place.

*Please Vote or Comment if you enjoyed reading this book. Thank you so much for reading!!**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 29.4K 88
You'll get a variety of short horror stories here. I'm not a writer so I have collected these stories from different sources. I hope you won't mind u...
143K 20.2K 90
အရိုးစုသရဲပန်းချီ「骷髅幻戏图」kūlóuhuànxìtú ခူးလိုဟွမ့်ရှိထူ စာရေးသူ - 西子绪 ရှီးကျစ်ရွှိ အပိုင်းပေါင်း - ၁၁၄ ပိုင်း + အချပ်ပို ၇ ချပ် ထွက်ရှိခဲ့သည့်နှစ်...
810K 27.2K 149
Urban legends and myths from around the world will be published here.
197K 1.7K 16
ဒွိင်လိင်..... အုပ်စုဖွဲ လိင်ဆက်ဆံခြင်း.... စိတ်ကူးဃဉ် ရေးသားထားခြင်းသာ⭕⭕⭕⭕⭕ အသက်မပြည့်သေးသူများ မဖတ်ကြပါနဲ့❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌