Dear Hazel (Diary Series #2)...

By ChloeKaydee

|| The Sequel to 'The Diary Of Hazel' || Highest Rank: #12 Short Story, #2 Journal || Hazel Bradley has bee... More

Author's Note
Prologue: Intro
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #1 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #2 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #3 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #4 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #5 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #6 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #7 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #8 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #9 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #10 ♡
Exciting Announcement!
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #11 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #11 (Part Two) ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #12 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #13 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #13 (Part Two) ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #14 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #14 (Part Two) ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #15 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #15 (Part Two) ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #16 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #17 ♡
ANNOUNCEMENT: 100 Thoughts That Belong To Hunter Ryan
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #18 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #19 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #20 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #21 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #22 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #23 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #24 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #25 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #25 (Part Two) ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #26 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #27 ♡
♡ Short Chapter #27.5 (POV Surprise + Announcement!) ♡
TDOH Watty Award and Life Update <3
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #28 ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #28 (Part Two) ♡
♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #30 ♡
♡ Epilogue ♡
'HUNZEL' ONE SHOT CONTEST #HunzelSquad
THIRD BOOK: A Paper Memory
Milestones! Thank you!
100k Reads & Contest Winners (Finally)
One Shot Winner #1: Bloodied by @Exc_ed
One Shot Winner #2: Who Am I Again? by @_Thalix_
PUBLISHING Announcement & Title Change
Reviews/Comments Needed for 'It Began With Ink'!
99 Letters To Her (NEW BOOK)
My YOUTUBE Channel (BOOKTUBE)

♡ Hunter's Reply Entry #29 ♡

5.1K 387 145
By ChloeKaydee

|| Second to last chapter D: ||

Closing my eyes, I rest on my comfortable, luxurious, silky- Okay, let's be real, my bed is so damn uncomfortable that I'd rather sleep on wood. I'm not rich, I don't have rich parents and I don't have a rich husband. Technically, I'm not old enough to marry anyway.

And I love not being rich.

I mean, sure, it has its disadvantages. But I'd rather take those disadvantages over being rich. I don't want to be spoilt, ill-mannered, cruel, selfish, and manipulative - No way. Although I'm not saying that all wealthy people are like this, because I know that real life isn't so stereotypical, but quite a few of them are and usually, these attributes grow as the wealthy person grows. It's a lifestyle. But I guess it depends on what kind of money you come from, I suppose.

Then, of course, there are those people who aren't rich that have all those bad qualities about them - Veronica, Tess, Hunter's Dad, Trent's Dad, and Trent's Grandmother.

"Hey, Haze." My sister walks into my dull bedroom, quirking a small smile. She's changed out of her 'school' clothes into a more flowy, comfortable outfit. Grey, loose shorts cling to her hips and an oversized, woollen jumper covers her top half. I can't help the smile that slips onto my face at seeing her so carefree. She's growing into such a beautiful, wonderful girl. I'm actually surprised she hasn't gotten a boyfriend yet. "Hunter's here."

Oh.

"As in..."

"As in, he's in this house, yes." Ivy giggles and my eyes widen. I see her green eyes roll at my reaction, "You two need to talk. Get over it. It's been two days since you two last saw each other."

Flinching, I nod my head, "Okay, let him in." I draw in a deep breath and sit up, hoping - no, praying - that Liam is with him. I'm just not ready to talk about everything yet.

In walks the most beautiful human to exist; Hunter Ryan. Without Liam. I inwardly sigh, trying not to look too upset about being forced to talk to him right now. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing him, but I don't want to talk about the diary and him lying to me for six months. Not because I want to sweep it under the rug, no. It's because I want to ignore everybody for a while and pretend nothing is wrong.

As you can tell - I hate confrontation. The only person I ever truly confronted that was important to me was my dad, and look how that turned out. Not that I think Hunter will hit me (not in a million years) but this conversation might end with some pretty large emotional wounds.

Hunter wears an expression of hesitancy and guilt on his pale face as he continues to take timid steps closer until he's awkwardly standing in front of me, "Can I- uh... please sit on the bed?"

I smile, trying to reassure him - and myself - and I'm eternally grateful when he relaxes a bit, "Sure."

He grins haphazardly, walking around the bed and sitting down next to me, back against the headboard.

"Have you been okay since the whole Veronica situation a couple days ago?" Hunter asks. His hand twitches out of the corner of my eye, and for a moment, I think he's going to reach out and entwine his fingers with mine... But, he doesn't.

Coughing to ease the tension, I force out a chuckle, "Yeah. How about you?"

"I'm alright- Actually no, I'm not. At all." He speaks with an irritated intensity, causing my back to straighten and body turn towards him. My surprised green eyes can't seem to look away from his pale, ferocious ones.

"You're not?" A breath catches in my throat, not realising how close we are until Hunter closes his green eyes, resting his forehead against mine. His soft, breathy answer comes out, floating over my lips which are very close to his right now.

"No. I miss you so freaking much. It's driving me crazy, Hazy-Bear. All I've done in the past couples days is lay in bed or run, thinking of you the whole time. All I wanted was to see you, hold you, kiss you..." He touches his lips to mine briefly, "But I knew you needed time."

I take a deep, dizzying breath and use all the willpower I have to push against Hunter's chest lightly, pulling back. Whoa, that was intense.

"I still need time." My voice comes out soft and pained, "You lied to me for six months, Hunter."

"I know." He resigns.

"You may not see it as a big deal, but I do, because you knew everything. You knew all my secrets before even becoming my friend. You had no idea who I was while I've been pining after you for two freaking years! Then suddenly, you find out and read all my deepest, darkest, pitiful secrets and what? You feel sorry for me? That's the only reason for why you kissed me in the hospital and befriended me." I hear the crack in my words as a tear slips from my eyes, but I ignore it as I stare into Hunter's guilty eyes that hold disbelief.

"Hazel, you're so wrong, I never pitied you. Yes, I felt - I feel - a great deal of sympathy and empathy for you because of what you've gone through. But I didn't kiss you in the hospital because of those feelings. I had other feelings, other thoughts, behind my actions." Hunter appears as though he's about to say something before he shakes his head and continues, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you and I was waiting for the right moment to tell you. I promise that I wasn't going to keep it from you much longer, Veronica just happened to be a mean brat and told you first. I care very deeply for you, Hazel, you have no idea."

His words clench at my heart, but they're squeezing too tight, making my heart hurt more. I don't know what to think, I don't know what to say.

"Six months," I whisper brokenly.

"You need more time," Hunter states, repeating my words from earlier, hurt etched all over his face.

Reaching out, I place my small hand on his jawline, stroking his cheek gently as he leans into my hand, "Yes, I'm sorry. I don't know how long I need to think and I- I don't where my thoughts will lead us. But I care very deeply for you too, you know."

I pull my hand back and watch as he nods sadly, standing. Walking towards the door, he begins to leave. Then suddenly, he stops but doesn't look back, "Please read the rest of my replies before you come to a... decision about us."

I nod even though he can't see me as he leaves my room, and my house.

Before I can even think too much about it, I find myself calling Uncle Willow. I've missed him so much and it's my own fault that we haven't been talking lately.

"Hello, Will Bradley speaking." My Uncle says, sounding uncertain. I don't respond immediately, thinking he's deleted my number until he speaks again, "Look, just because you've put your number on private, doesn't mean I can't track you down, little kid, and tell your mummy on you."

"Gosh, calm down, Willow Pillow. Anyway, Mum's out of town right now so good luck with that."

Silence.

I swear I can hear birds chirping as I wait for my Uncle to reply.

"Hazel?" He asks, clearly shocked.

"The one and only."

"Sorry, I just... I didn't expect to hear from you anytime soon." He finally says, and the bitterness I can definitely hear.

"Look, I'm sorry for pushing you away, I was just in a really bad place - though, I know that's not an excuse. I really am sorry but I miss my Uncle," I hear my voice tremble and attempt to keep the tears at bay, "I need your advice right now, Uncle Will. Please."

"On my way."

I'm grateful that he doasn't ask any questions and as soon as he hangs up, the tears just start pouring down my cheeks, fighting each other. Great, now even my tears are fighting each other.

I need to calm down. Thinking hard for a moment, I throw caution to the wind and grab the white notebook from inside my bedside table. Then I begin reading Hunter's reply to distract myself.

At least, I keep telling myself that's why.

Reply Entry #29

Dear Hazel,

I'm proud of you. For so many reasons, but right this second? I'm proud of you for not letting Trent get to you. You did the right thing by not telling him about Hunter.

Something's not right, it's scary.

You wrote this this week. I've been looking everywhere for you and haven't been able to locate you. Please, please, please, I need you to be safe. I hope you are but this bad feeling I have won't leave.

Bye,

Prince Charming x

* * *

Sorry if the second half of this doesn't make sense - I'm so damn tired because I had like less than an hour's sleep last night and all.

I wanted to update though. Even if I am struggling to keep my eyes open.

QOTC: would you rather hot pink or pastel pink?

MA: Pastel pink.

- Chloe xx

I LOVE YOU ALL, thank you xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

406 55 16
"Dad, there are a few things that a teenage girl is supposed to hide from her parents. It's a rule. Read the rule book." I told him seriously. "Okay...
231 0 42
Grey Montgomery had everything she wanted out of life. She was on the verge of graduating high school and going off to college with the love of her l...
12.9M 203K 25
Highest Rank: #1 in Teen Fiction!! VERY CLICHÉ! *** "He is well known." "He is bad news." "He is dangero...
333K 11.9K 46
"And it took me a while to realize it, but everything I've had to go through in this life, all the pain and sadness I've had to bear . . . well, its...