Role Play 101

By Deveritus

A guide to Role Play. You may be thinking "How can this a-hole tell me how to and how not to role play?" and... More

Table of Contents
II. Types of Role Play
III. Making Your Character
IV. Supernatural Things Like Powers & Race
V.i. "Mary Sue"/"Gary Sue" Characters & Term Origins
V.ii. "Mary Sue"/"Gary Sue" Characters pt. 2
VI. Specifics on Role Play Combat
VII. God-Modding Explained
VIII. Do's and Don'ts of Role Play Combat
IX. Storyline Role Play Fundamentals
X. Sandbox Role Play Fundamentals
XI. General Concepts
XII. Glossary
XIII. Questions and Answers
XIV. My Character (Non-Gary Sue Example)
XV. A Place to Learn [updated]
XVI.i.The Prep/Charge System Combat (pt 1)
XVI.ii.The Prep/Charge System Combat (pt 2)

I. Introduction

5.4K 188 39
By Deveritus

I've been role playing for a good portion of time now, coming up on 7 years, to be exact, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I started out horrible. And I'll be the first to tell you that. Thinking back to my earliest years of role playing, I'm ashamed to have been that bad. AshamedBut, someone was gracious enough to take me under their wing and teach me the ropes of legitimate role play. After a month or two of being in that chatroom, I emerged a completely different role player. And guess what... I started getting recognition. It's been many years since I visited that chatroom, and since then I've been a little disappointed. I didn't see it when before I was apprenticed to someone in the arts of role play, but after I was, it was painful to try to role play with people. Now, after enough frustration, I have decided to try and help people get better at role play as the guy was gracious enough to teach me. You do not have to read this. You don't have to do anything. And I don't blame you for not wanting to change your style of role play. But I write this for anyone seeking to improve their reputation regarding role play. You don't have to win to be a good role player.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 18.5K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
272K 7.8K 134
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
104K 1.4K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
81.2K 2.1K 31
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...