Haikyuu!! x Reader One Shots...

By Shiri-Chan96

Hey there ppl! :3 Since I'm so deep in the Haikyuu fandom I have come up with the idea of writing some one-sh... More

Babe (Nishinoya x Reader) // Requested
Dead Inside (Akaashi x Reader) // Requested
COVER CHANGE! // SHORT AUTHOR NOTE
Notice me, senpai! (Yaku X Short-haired!Reader) // Requested
Oh la la (Suga x reader) // Requested
Sofa (Lev x reader) // Requested
Games (Kenma x reader) // Requested
Yellow Umbrella (Oikawa x reader) // Requested
Breaking the Ice (Akaashi x Reader) // Requested
Chips (Sugawara x Reader) // Requested

Pieces (Asahi x Reader) // Requested

1.5K 57 21
By Shiri-Chan96

"Who is that scary-looking guy?!"

"I hope he doesn't hurt me!"

"Is he a bad one, isn't he?"

These are just a few of the things you'd be able to hear when he was around. Everybody was afraid of him and you honestly couldn't figure out why.

"[Friend's Name]... Why does everybody act like that when Azumane is around?" you once asked one of your classmates.

"Why are you even asking that now, [Name]? Everybody knows he's not good!"

"But... I actually haven't seen him doing anything bad since he arrived here"

You were the only one who hadn't been treating him like an intruder since his arrival in your college in London. Of course, you weren't close, either. But at least you didn't run away as soon as he showed up in the classroom, with his tall and robust figure. Everybody else, when he entered the room, used to move to their seats, as if the headmaster or the teacher had suddenly appeared, and leave a seat in the back row, on the left. That spot would be left especially for him everyday as if it were sacred. But this was not the case. Everybody just feared him and would sit as far as possible from him.

You were different. You felt sorry about this, about the coldness your classmates used to him, so you treated him gently.

"Good morning, Azumane" you usually told him with a smile.

Inside of you, you were afraid this would sound boring and monotonous to him and yet you didn't stop because you felt this was important. And yes, it was. You really couldn't understand how important it was to him.

It was so important that he suddenly found himself glancing at you sometimes. He found himself wandering with his eyes through your [h/c] hair, which he saw from the back, or on the line of your hips. He suddenly started to feel a timid, delicate attraction towards you.

And yet you didn't notice, but everybody else in the classroom did.

You noticed they started trying to prevent you from sitting next to him, which you had started doing because you didn't want to leave him alone in the back of your classroom, or even from trying to talk to him.  They were somehow trying to protect you from him. As soon as you realised it, you tried to stop them, you told your friends that you were sure that he'd never do anything bad, that you felt it, but no one would listen so you never managed to talk to him once. You just kept saying "Good morning, Azumane".

You once found out he'd somehow managed to join the college volleyball team and you felt curious about it.

You invited your best friend to join you, to go and see their practice, but she stammered an excuse and left you alone. You wanted to see him play, you wanted to know more about him.

When you entered the gym and started looking for him, you saw him in his practice clothes sitting on a bench all alone. He was the only one sitting there while the other players were practicing some spikes and defence strategies you didn't really care about.

You shyly walked to him without anyone noticing and sat there. He didn't notice you at first. He had earphones and was listening to music. The volume was high enough for you to listen, too, and to recognize the song that was playing. You hesitantly took one of the earphones from him to listen to the same song.

I tried to be perfect but nothing was worth it

I don't believe it makes me real

I thought it'd be easy but no one believes me

I meant all the things I said

If you believe it's in my soul

I'd say all the words that I know

Just to see if it would show

That I'm trying to let you know

That I'm better off on my own

He noticed you and stared at you, his eyes wide open suddenly met yours but he didn't say anything nor he did anything for you to leave him alone. When the song ended, he simply put his mp3 reader in his tracksuit pocket and  stared at the floor between his shoes.

"Azumane... why are you sitting here?"

"They won't let me play..." he sighed after some time, his eyes still looking down.

"Why? Are you here for nothing? They're smaller than you, you can convince them!" you let out, but then you realised it really wasn't the right thing to say then.

"Uhm... I-I'm sorry..." you stuttered, with your face burning from shame.

He shyly smiled.

"Don't worry, [Surname]... it's not your fault"

"But..." you tried to say, but you couldn't find a way to go on. So you suddenly got an idea. You stood up and went towards the court, where the captain, who noticed you standing there, came to you.

"What are you doing here? You're not supposed"

"Y-you're right... but that guy over there on the bench... is he a member?"

The captain raised an eyebrow, but eventually said: "Yes, he is"

"Then he has the right to stand here and play volleyball"

The rest of the team chuckled and whistled at you in a really rude way but the guy you were talking to smirked and called Asahi, who stood up from the bench.

"Azumane, are you a man or not? Why is this girl telling me you want to play? You should have told me you had a pretty girlfriend" he mocked.

Poor Asahi was really caught in the odd and couldn't help but blush, causing everybody to laugh at him. You turned to him and tried to encourage him, which indeed made him feel better.
He seemed to gain enough courage to say: "I'd like to show you how good I am".

"Whoah, you seem really confident about your skills" the captain mocked "Well, let's see"

"You were great, Asahi!" you chirped when he showed up outside the gym, after getting changed. You suddenly realised you'd just called him by his name so you stuttered: "Uhm... Sorry".

"It's okay... You can call me like that. It's all thanks to you if the captain let me be a regular spiker... I'm so happy that I get to play the next match!"

"Don't say that... It was all thanks to your talent" you smiled.

"You believed in me" he said, looking at you "You were always different... well... from the others"

You couldn't talk... you suddenly found your heart beating fast. And this time, you were sure about it, it wasn't pity or sorrow. You felt different.

"[Name]... I'd be really happy if you came to see me at the match"

"Yes... I will cheer for you!"

~~~●••●••●~~~

Hello ppl...

it's been a long time since I last wrote a one shot!

I apologize for posting it so late but I... *blushing* I forgot about it! Jeez... I'm such a disaster.

I hope the one who requested for it will forgive me and enjoy this the same...

As you may have noticeed, this contains a quote from the song "Pieces" by Sum41... I absolutely love it :3

Please, leave a vote and comment..!

Shiri-Chan96

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 112 19
["ONE SHOTS"] [I don't own haikyuu] These are reader inserts~ I do requests: LEMONS, LIMES, FLUFF, ANGST, GENDERBENT, AU'S, MALE READER, basically an...
44.5K 914 32
A bunch of random oneshots with the best bois. Expect fluff, angst, different AUs, and a whole bunch of crackhead from me probably. I hope you enjoy...
49.3K 589 23
Hey there, I am here to take requests and make one shots for your enjoyment. Majority of them are going to be pretty short but it is all up to how ma...
5.1K 160 42
[EDIT: PLEASE READ: I wrote these one shots and short stories when I was about 11, so they are incredibly cringy and I was a horrible writer. Please...