skinny || h.s. au [Rewrite No...

By LovelyLena7

"All I ever wanted was to be skinny." August 2020 Update: The rewrite "Apricity" is coming soon!! Now availab... More

extended description
prologue
prestory a/n (2022 Update!)
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twentyone
twentytwo
twentythree
twentyfour
twentyfive
twentysix
twentyseven
twentyeight
twentynine
thirty
thirtyone
thirtytwo
thirtythree
thirtyfour
thirtyfive
thirtysix
turdyseven
thirtyeight
thirtynine
forty
fortyone
fortytwo
fortythree
fortyfour
fortyfive
fortysix
fortyseven
fortyeight
fortynine
fifty
fiftyone
fiftytwo
fiftythree
fiftyfour
fiftyfive
fiftysix
fiftyseven
fiftyeight
fiftynine
sixty
sixtyone
sixtytwo
sixtythree
sixtyfive
sixtysix
sixtyseven
Hello
REWRITE: "APRICITY"
Rewrite "Apricity" is up!

sixtyfour

3.8K 171 42
By LovelyLena7

The mall is massive. Marley has never seen anything like it. White stone floors and high arching pillars. Two floors of at least forty shops each and that's just this wing.

Shiny signs above the stores declare their branding with great pride. Some Marley has never even heard of. Some she knows only from hearing people at her new school toss them around like they're a status symbol.

It's all kind of overwhelming.

"So first I thought we could go to some of my favorite stores." Fiona says beside her. They both look at the mall in wonder. But Fiona has more admiration in her eyes than Marley does. "And if you don't like anything there, I might know a few others we can try."

"This is going to take ages." Marley's voice is nearly lost in the chatter of the mall.

Fiona looks over at her. Despite their age difference, they're the same height. And she smiles. Because she has a sister to finally be able to share this with. And she can't wait.

"C'mon, we don't have all day." She says. Pulling her sister along.

Marley lets her hold onto her hand as she follows. Eyes wandering around at every store they pass in curiosity.

She thinks this is what her life would be like if she grew up with her father instead of her mother. Her afternoons after school could include spending her parent's money on overpriced lipgloss and pretty things she couldn't wear to school due to the uniforms. Fiona has the life Marley could have had.

And for a short moment, she envies her. But if it weren't for her awful mother and her public schooling, she wouldn't have met Harry. And no fancy clothes or overpriced shoes would ever be worth giving him up.

"So, this is where I always come to get makeup." Fiona says as they stop outside of a particularly trendy-looking shop. "Do you want to go inside?"

"I... never really wear makeup." Marley shrugs. "I don't really know how."

Her little sister's eyes light up. "They can show you." She says, suddenly excited. "And--and you can look pretty for when your boyfriend visits."

The thought of looking nice for Harry makes Marley's heartbeat quicken. Just the thought of seeing him does that. And then she thinks of how he looked at her the last time she wore makeup, which was Homecoming. And she finds herself smiling. "Okay."

Fiona calls over one of the workers and the next thing Marley knows, the lady is leading them around the store. Handing her things and rambling off their names.

Eyeshadow. Eyeliner. Mascara. Primers. Foundation. Tinted moisturizer. highlighter. Contour. Brow pencil. Setting spray. Finishing powder.

It's all suddenly very overwhelming.

After her arms are full, the lady leads them to a small beauty counter to show Marley how to apply everything. Occasionally Fiona butts in, offering her expert opinion on shade or coverage or other terms Marley doesn't understand.

And by the time they walk out of the store, Marley's makeup looks angelic and she's already shaking from how much they spent.

"I didn't know makeup was so expensive!" She whispers as they walk down the mall corridor.

Fiona is already leading them to their next stop. "Oh yeah, beauty isn't cheap."

"Maybe we shouldn't spend any more." Marley says.

"Are you kidding?" Fiona shakes her head. "We're just getting started."

Marley stops walking. "I don't like taking advantage of Don and spending all of his money."

Her half sister sighs. "Look, the card he gave you is specifically for spending on me--and I guess you, now, too." She shrugs. "There's a limit on it so we don't spend too much. But trust me, we're nowhere close. That limit is our budget."

"How much is the limit?" She asks.

"I'm worried you might faint." Fiona takes her sister's hand again to tug her along. "C'mon I'll let you know when we're getting close."

They stop at three stores before Marley is comfortable shopping there because of the price tags. Fiona's response is another shrug and a "just don't look at the price."

But Marley is most definitely out of her element. It's crazy to not have to worry about price tags or think of how many hours of babysitting she would have to do to earn that much. None of it matters because of the glittery card in her pocket. It's crazy to her. Absolutely mental.

As they walk around one store, however, she spots something in the store across from the one they stand in. It makes her skin tingle and her stomach tie into knots all at once.

Fiona follows her gaze. "Lingerie?"

Marley blushes. "No, that's not what I was looking at." But it was. For a fleeting second she wonders what Harry might think. But disregards it. She would feel too insecure, even with him. He makes her feel safe but even Harry couldn't make her feel sexy. Even in something like that.

"Well..." Fiona continues.

"No. First of all, I wouldn't wear that, even for Harry." But just saying it makes her heart race. "Second, I'm not spending our father's money on... lingerie."

Her sister just shrugs. And looks back at the rack in front of her. "Suit yourself." She pauses. Smiles. "But we're going there next."

"No, we're not."

"I get all of my bras there." Fiona insists. "And Lord knows I could always use another."

Marley groans but reluctantly agrees they can go there next. So after another twenty minutes and two "super cute" tops for Fiona later, Marley is standing with her arms folded in the middle of the lingerie store. Her sister already has three bras in her arms. And Marley can't stop thinking about wearing the blue teddy in the corner for Harry.

"Just buy it already." Fiona says. Passing behind Marley to another table.

She turns and follows her. Arms still folded. "I'm not buying slutty lingerie with my father's credit card."

"I have." Fiona shrugs and crouches down to find her size in the drawers.

"You're fourteen." Marley says.

She smiles. "Age is but a number, Parker." Pulls out a blue push-up and stands up. "Never know when you might need something."

Marley admires Fiona. She's far more sure of herself than Marley is. And she isn't afraid of the world or her own reflection.

"I don't know if Harry would even like something like that."

"He's a guy." Fiona says. "One you've already gotten naked with. So what's the harm in what you're wearing before it all comes off?"

Marley bites her lip. Looks down at the floor. "I've never actually taken my shirt off when we... do it." Her cheeks redden as she glances over at the blue teddy again. "And in something like that..."

"There's other things too." Fiona says. "And you don't necessarily have to take anything off you don't want to."

Marley glances back at her half sister. Her cheeks are a little pink but probably nowhere close to Marley's. Fiona is obviously more comfortable in this conversation than she is.

"I'll look." She gives. "But I'm not buying anything. Not today."

Except she does. A new bra. And, more importantly, a navy blue lingerie set that compliments her pale skin tone and makes her a little nervous. But not as nervous as some of the others did.

Fiona smiles triumphantly. As if she's won a competition with herself to get Marley to buy something.

As they step out of the store, Marley's phone rings. And her smile is wide and a bit giddy when she reads the name on the screen. "Hey, babe."

Her eyes immediately look to Fiona as her cheeks flush. She didn't mean to say it in front of her.

"Marley." He says her name like it's a breath of fresh air.

He misses her. She can tell. And she misses him too. The weekend can't come soon enough.

"Harry." She says it jokingly. But her chest aches a little. "What's up?"

"Homework." He sighs. "And I needed a break. So I called."

Marley wonders if her old classmates have noticed her lack of attendance, but doesn't ask. "What's the latest?"

"An essay for English." Harry says. "Five pages."

"Damn," she smiles, "glad I got out before having to do that."

He laughs. "How about you? How's that new school treating my girl?"

My Girl. She smiles. And tells him about everything. The posh nature of her classmates with their designer backpacks. And the strange way people looked at her on her first day, which only proved that news travels fast and they're not too keen on newcomers.

But she doesn't really care about that stuff. What she cares about is the fact that her boyfriend isn't in the seat next to her in class.

And that's something that will take a little getting used to.

She doesn't mention the lingerie she just bought, despite the bag burning a hole in her hand. She probably won't even wear it. But if she does, she wants it to be a surprise, anyway.

"How is Vivian?" She asks a few minutes later. Fiona has moved on to a new store, and Marley is barely paying attention as she follows her sister around it.

"Good. She's with Dorrit, now. Officially."

"Is that weird for everyone?" Marley mindlessly looks through racks when Fiona heads toward the dressing room. "You're all so close but now..."

"It's weird." He admits. "Xander is taking it more graciously than Ashton, though. Somehow Xan and Dorrit are staying friends, I guess."

"Gosh I miss them, too." Marley admits. "Sometime soon I need to come see everyone."

Harry hums through the line.

"What?"

"Nothing, I'm sure everyone would love to see you." He says.

Marley smiles at the rack of clothes she still finds no interest in. Decides to go find Fiona and sit outside her dressing room.

"Not as much I want to see you, though." She says. "This weekend can't come soon enough."

"Believe me," his tone sends tingles down her spine, "I know."

And slowly the idea of the contents of her shopping bag becomes less scary and more exciting.

She just might use them this weekend after all.

___________
BLEHHHHHH. I'M SORRY THIS SUCKS.

I've rewritten this chapter too many times and I'm sick of being stuck on it so whatever.

What do you think will happen now that Marley's living at her dad's? I wanna know your theories!

updated note: I thought I posted this forever ago but I didn't??? so sorry for the wait. College is brutal. I'm so glad it's summer break. Enjoy High School while you can, children.

Until next time

Lena xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 2.3K 65
All original!! I made these all myself. Please don't take my stories. REQUESTS OPEN
223K 5.9K 21
"Louis, no. None of those things i said were true, okay? None. I want you here Louis. Niall. Zayn, and Liam want you here. Your family wants you here...
422K 8.4K 65
κ’° 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 π‚πŽππ’π“π‘π”π‚π“πˆπŽπ κ’± a collection of louis tomlinson preferences written by @/magicchai via wattpad. ˗ˏˋwritten in 2014-2017. edit...
140K 3.6K 33
(in need of vast editing) ❝Everything's cool as long as I'm getting thinner.❝ // trigger warning