You're My Freedom

By HipstuhhLouis

Yup no one likes me. I'm a burden but hey, I'm smart and I've got a future ahead of me. When I'm 18 I plan on... More

Prologue
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Zayn
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

4

20.5K 647 104
By HipstuhhLouis

Madison's POV

Detention was the worst. As soon as Mr. Henry said we were free to go, I quickly got on my feet and got out of the classroom. I've been thinking of a way to lie to my mum about why I'm late, but there's a chance she won't be home. I really hope it's one of those days where she comes home super late and exhausted. I went down the steps out of the building and I was walking in the parking lot.

"Wait!" Someone yelled behind me.

I didn't bother to turn around because they wouldn't be trying to get my attention.

"Ughhh Madison, right?!" I heard the voice that seemed familiar.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. The boy with the pink hair was calling my name? I think his name was Niall.

I waited 'till he caught up to me and he smiled.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" He asked.

"Why do you care?" I said back.

He was surprised by the way I answered back. I was even surprised by the way I answered. I don't want trouble. I immediately regretted saying that and quickly apologized.

"Sorry" I looked at the ground.

"Why are you apologizing you just asked a question" He chuckled followed by a smirk.

I didn't even respond. His looks were so intimidating. His tattoos, his hair, very edgy.

"I just wanted to tell you that you left your phone" He said.

My eyes widened and my hands immediately went to feel my pockets on my jeans and sure enough I didn't feel my phone.

I looked up at him and he had my phone in his hand. I reached up to get it but he raised his hand up higher so I wasn't able to reach it. I jumped but I still wasn't able to get it. I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"Are you going to give me my phone?" I asked.

"You ask a lot of questions, yeah know" He stated.

I stared back at him waiting for his answer.

"I'll give you back my phone if" He started.

"If?" I laughed.

"It's my phone; you should give me my phone no matter what. It is my phone" I bravely.

"I'll give it back but give me your number" He smirked.

"My number?" I asked another question.

"You make me feel like I'm not even speaking English. It's like you don't understand what I'm saying" He laughed.

"I-I you are speaking English, I just, I- why do you want my number?" I asked.

"So we could talk, yeah know?" He nodded.

I was unsure. Should I give him my number? Getting involved with him wouldn't be that bad and plus he is somewhat attractive; I looked at him from top to bottom. I bit my lip trying to figure the situation out.

"Like what you see?" He said.

He snapped me out of my trance and I stopped biting my lip and looked up at him. I shook my head.

"no?" He questioned.

"I mean yes" I said quickly.

"So yes?" He smirked.

"No, it's ughhh" I groaned.

He made me feel nervous.

He laughed loudly, squinting his eyes as he leaned back.

"Look, I just want to be friends. Okay?" He said.

I nodded.

"Okay, here put in your number" He tossed me his phone.

I put my hands out to catch it and luckily I did. He didn't have a password and I typed in my number. I handed it back and he gave me my number. He gave me back my phone and I smiled and headed towards the direction I was heading before I was interrupted. I stopped and turned around.

"Thanks for handing me back my phone" I stated.

I turned back around and started running towards my car. I'm going to be interrogated when I get home. I took my keys out of my bag and unlocked my car. I glanced at the time 4:30 I'm doomed.

~~~

I parked my car in the front of my house and I noticed that my mum's car wasn't here. I sighed of relief. I got out and locked my car doors. I noticed the garage door open and I stepped closer to see who was there. I saw Robert fixing something up in the shelves. He turned to look out and his eyes landed on mine.

"Hey!" He smiled.

"Hi" I said back.

I was already accustomed to him, but still I wasn't comfortable. It was strange at first, but it slowly developed to something normal. He was no where near a father to me but, I'll take what I can get.

"How come you're home so late?" He asked.

"I-I-I had detention" I told him.

He got down the little stool he was on.

"What did you do? Did finally do something bad?" He laughed.

I laughed along too.

"No, I just didn't give my homework in" I said.

"Of course. Madison can't always be perfect right?" He laughed.

"I guess" I muttered.

"Oh don't worry I won't tell your mom" He smiled.

"Thanks" I smiled back.

He is nice. That's what I like about Robert. I have nothing against him. Maybe just for bringing Mitchell with him but, other than that Robert is really nice and I guess a good stepfather.

I through the garage and opened the door that lead to the kitchen. I sighed and walked until I was going up the stairs. I stopped in my tracks since Mitchell stood in my way. I sighed and moved so I was on the left side of the stairway but he blocked my path again.

"What the hell do you want?" I rolled my eyes.

"How come you're home so late babe?" He questioned.

"Don't call me babe" I said back.

I took the chance to simply move to the left and go up the stairs but he put his arm out so I couldn't pass.

Irritating. That's what he is, irritating.

"Answer me" He said.

"I got detention okay" I rolled my eyes.

"Rolling your eyes too much can't be good" He remarked.

I pushed him back and went up the stairs as fast as I could. One day this asshole is going to get it. I went into my room and locked the door. I threw my bag and floor and sat on my swivel chair. I opened my laptop and looked through some of my assignments.

I started to drift off into my own thoughts. Why would Niall want to be my friend? This type of guy, I wanted to stay away from but I'm surprisingly getting closer.

My phone vibrated on my desk and I looked at my phone. It was a text message from an unknown number, must be Niall.

I unlocked my phone and read his text.

You should have seen your face when you looked at Mr. Henry

I knew that was the reason for his laughter.

Well by the expression you had on your face, I'm guessing it was pretty funny

I sent it and I smiled at my screen. Am I really going to have a real friend?

After a while of texting Niall, I heard banging at my door.

"Madison, open the door" I heard my mum yell.

"Shit" I said to myself.

I quickly typed on my phone that I had to go. I quickly got out of my seat and unlocked the door. She came in my room angrily and looked around my room.

"What were you doing?" She asked.

"I-I was working on some of my assignments" I told her.

I wasn't exactly lying. I was working on them, but then I was texting Niall. My hands were linked behind my back and I slid my phone in my pocket. Surely if she found out who I was texting she would take my phone away.

"Mitchell told me you got detention today. What did you do?" She said a bit more calmly.

"I-I forgot my assignment at home and when I offered to bring it to her during lunch she kind of just got mad" I told her the truth.

She looked like she was debating on what to give me as punishment. She opened her mouth to finally speak.

"Okay" She said.

"Okay?" I said shocked.

"Yeah, now dinner is going to be ready in five minutes" She changed the subject.

I ignored it.

"Do I have to have dinner with you guys? Can I just bring the food to my room?" I asked.

"No, Rob and I have something to tell you and your brother" She said.

I mentally rolled my eyes when she said that. It's literally the most annoying thing, when she does that. She knows how to bother me. Why can't she just say Mitchell, instead.

"Okay" I sighed.

She left my room and I groaned. What do they have to say that is so important?

I went down the stairs as quickly as my feet could take me and Mitchell, Robert and mum were sitting at the table already. I sat down at my chair and I began to serve myself the food that was on the table. All you could hear were the silverware clattering.

"How was your day?" She looked at Mitchell.

"It was good I guess there is going to be a lot more parties this year" He smiled.

"Oh maybe you should take Madison, to one" Robert said.

I fed the food into my mouth.

"No, Madison will not go to a party" She said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Come on Cindy, this is her last year of high school. Don't do that to her. I bet you went to parties when you were younger" He tried to defend me.

"But that was years ago and times have changed" She said.

This time Robert rolled his eyes and I laughed.

"Come on mum, let Madi come along with me at a party. She'll be my responsibility. Right Madi?" He smirked at me.

"I'm older than you" I said.

"No, you're not, my birthday is three months before yours" He raised his eyebrows.

"Oh" Well that was embarrassing.

"Okay, okay, fine. Madi you can go to parties with Mitchell, Mitchell I trust you" She warned.

He raised his hands up in defense.

"It's not like I want to go, anyways" I shrugged.

"Nope, now you have to go. I didn't waste my time arguing for nothing" She said.

"Whatever, but what was the important thing you had to tell us?" I asked.

"Tell us?" Mitchell asked.

"That's what I just said" I glared at him.

He acts like he's so dumb sometimes. I wish I could just smack in the face. Seriously, how dumb can he get? An he's graduating this year, wow.

"Well, you see your mother and I are going out of the country for a month" Robert started.

"A month?!" I accidently shouted.

"Well yeah. Business related. We'll come back and go" She added.

"Well okay, bye!" Mitchell yelled.

"Mitch!" Robert yelled.

I just glared at them. A month that's a long time! This is crazy; I've never been left alone for that long.

"Being home alone for a month is a long time" I stated.

"You'll have Mitch" He said.

Don't remind me.

"Hey, at least you won't have to worry about your mom" Mitchell said.

"Hey!" Mum shouted.

"Sorry" He muttered.

Ugh he's right. I won't have to worry about her as much. It won't be that bad. Right? She won't be questioning me all the time. I wouldn't have to study as much. It's like a little break.

"Okay, okay. When are you leaving?" I asked.

"In two days" He said.

"Two days?" I asked.

"She just said that" Mitchell said.

I hate it , he said the exact thing I said to him to use against me.

"Well yeah and we're leaving with or without your consent. What's done is done and we'll be leaving" She said.

A month break can't be that bad can it?

299 days until my 18th birthday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 14.3K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
453K 30.9K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1.2M 19.3K 132
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
601K 18.2K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...