It Was A Mistake, But I am Un...

De ShellMarie35

Kayla Dane knows she has a problem, but how does she stop? There's no way she could measure up to her celebri... Mais

Chapter 1: All Night Long - Edited
Chapter 2: In Real Life - Edited
Chapter 3: For The Love Of A Daughter - Edited
Chapter 4: Together - Edited
Chapter 5: Skyscraper - Edited
Chapter 6: Fix A Heart - Edited
Chapter 7: Who's That Boy - Edited
Chapter 8: Two Worlds Collide - Edited
Chapter 9: Can't Back Down - Edited
Chapter 10: Here We Go Again - Edited
Chapter 11: Gonna Get Caught - Edited
Chapter 12: Me Myself and Time - Edited
Chapter 13: Gift Of A Friend - Edited
Chapter 14: On The Line - Edited
Chapter 15: Everything You're Not - Edited
Chapter 16: Party - Edited
Chapter 17: Catch Me - Edited
Chapter 18: U Got Nothin' On Me - Edited
Chapter 19: World Of Chances - Edited
Chapter 20: Quiet - Edited
Chapter 21: Trainwreck - Edited
Chapter 22: Stop The World - Edited
Chapter 23: It's Not Too Late - Edited
Chapter 24: What We Came Here For - Edited
Chapter 25: Our Time Is Here - Edited
Chapter 26: Unbroken - Edited
Chapter 27: So Far So Great - Edited
Chapter 28: Don't Forget - Edited
Chapter 29: Mistake - Edited
Chapter 30: Wouldn't Change A Thing - Edited
Book Kayla Helped Get Published - Edited
Chapter 31: Made in the USA - It Was A Mistake is Back!!!
Chapter 33: Never Been Hurt
Chapter 34: Solo
Chapter 35: This is Our Song
Chapter 36: Who Will I Be?
Chapter 37: My Love is Like a Star
Chapter 38: Something That We're Not
Chapter 39: Without the Love
Chapter 40: Warrior
Chapter 41: This Is Me
Chapter 42: Everytime You Lie
Chapter 43: Got Dynamite
Chapter 44: Remember December
Chapter 45: Work of Art
Chapter 46: What To Do
Chapter 47: The Middle
Chapter 48: Fire Starter
Chapter 49: Believe in Me
Chapter 50: Lightweight
Chapter 51: Get Back
Chapter 52: In Case
Chapter 53: Two Pieces
Chapter 54: That's How You Know
Chapter 55: Give Your Heart a Break
Chapter 56: Really Don't Care
Chapter 57: Different Summers
Chapter 58: Hold Up
Chapter 59: Heart Attack
Chapter 60: Falling Over Me
Chapter 61: You're My Only Shorty
Chapter 62: You're My Favorite Song
Chapter 63: We Rock
Chapter 64: Graduation Day
Faults, Scars, and Guitar Strings
Author's Note - Not a Chapter, sorry.

Chapter 32: Neon Lights

2.5K 52 2
De ShellMarie35

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Note: Just a little FYI, this update is not going to be regular yet. It will just be me updating whenever I finish the chapter. I still have to many other stories going on that I can't update this one every day yet. 

Chapter 32: Neon Lights

 “Baby when they look up at the sky, we’ll be shooting stars just passing by. You’ll be coming home with me tonight,” I sang in my room, “and we’ll be burning up like neon lights. Neon lights! Neon lights! Like neon lights! Like neon lights!”

I blasted the music from my stereo and started singing and dancing around the room.

“Celebrating something?”

I yelped and turned around to see who it was only to see my brother laughing in the doorway. I walked up and hit him in the arm, “You scared me!”

He laughed, “Not my fault you have your music up so high!”

“What’s up?” I changed the subject.

“Just have the day off from the movie and wanted to know if you wanted to do anything.”

“Really?” my eyes lit up.

He nodded, “I need some sister time.”

I grinned, “I need some brother time too.”

“Good, what should we do?”

“Well I am getting hungry,” I told him.

He rolled his eyes, “There again?”

I giggled, “It’s my favorite place!”

“Okay,” he laughed, “Let’s go. You’re lucky I love Chinese food.”

“Yes!” I cheered. I turned off my stereo and took my iPod off it before grabbing my bag on the floor.

“You never answered my question,” he said.

“What was it?” I asked.

“Were you celebrating something just now?”

“I was actually!” I smiled. “I made the cross country team!”

“That’s great Kay!” he hugged me.

“Thanks. Dylan did too.”

“What made you decide to join the team?” he asked as we walked out to his car.

I shrugged, “I wanted to have a good year this year and I really wanted a way to stay in shape without having to get up at 5 every morning to work out. So I’m taking a gym class and I joined the cross country team.”

“I think it’ll be great for you. I’ll go to whatever meets I can make it to.”

“Thank you,” I said and I hopped in his car.

David to drove us to one of my favorite restaurants in town, but we didn’t start a conversation until we already had our food. David seems a little off today; like he has a little too much on his mind. I wonder if it’s about his career or if it’s about Demi. There are not really a lot of other options.

“David I know you didn’t take me here just because you wanted to. What’s going on?” I finally asked.

“I need your advice about something Kay,” he sighed.

“What about?” I asked. “You’re supposed to be the older, wiser sibling.”

He chuckled, “I know but you’re the only one I can ask.”

“Okay,” I said, “What is it?”

“Demi has been begging me about finally making a date for the wedding.”

“So why don’t you just pick a date?”

“How are we supposed to pick a date with everything that’s going on? We have our movies and our albums; our schedules are so busy that we barely have time to plan a wedding. Kay, what do I do?”

“Have you explained any of this to Demi?” I asked him.

“I tried to once, but she’s so anxious about the wedding and the details that I don’t think I’ve gotten through yet.”

“David, you should just pick a date. Look at both of your schedules and see when your next break is. Tell your managers to cancel everything after that break; that’s when your wedding can be. If you wait any longer to pick a date, do you know how mad Demi is going to be at you? She was so excited when you proposed and she’s getting anxious because she wants to marry you.”

“I want to marry her too. I mean, I love her. I just don’t want the wedding to be a huge rush because we have so much else going on. I want it to be her perfect wedding and I want to really enjoy it.”

“Then tell her that. She will understand you know?”

He sighed, “I’m not good at this Kay.”

I chuckled, “Then write a song. Do something to let her know what’s going on in her head. How did you even manage to start a relationship keeping this many secrets from her?”

“I’ll write a song, that’s a great idea,” he said, ignoring my other question.

“David,” I laughed.

“Fine,” he laughed. “You know how hard it is to keep a personal life in this business. I’ve met people before that were only concerned about my career. Demi and I were both very careful before we made the decision to date. It took a while for us to both let our guards down.”

“You have to be more trusting,” I told him.

“And you have to be less.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Kayla, you’ve just gotten into this business you can’t trust everybody who comes into your life.”

“I don’t trust everybody who comes into my life, but I don’t want to completely shut people out either. I can’t keep a wall up at all times and I don’t want to.”

“But if you let everybody in then you are going to get hurt. I don’t want you to learn the hard like I did.”

“David I can take care of myself in this business. Besides, I’m just a student.”

“No you’re not,” he shook his head, “Now you are stuck in both worlds. You are trying to be a student while having a music career and it’s not going to be easy.”

“David, I know you’re worried but I can handle it. I want to have my own career not a career like yours. You know I love you, but I don’t want to be known as David’s sister my entire career. My career is going to be my career.”

“Kayla I get where you are coming from, but I am your brother. I’m going to look out for you so please listen to me.”

“I will,” I said, “and I will listen to what you said. I promise. As long as you listen to what I’m saying.”

He smiled, “I can do that. I will tell Demi tonight, but if it doesn’t go well then I know you will be hearing from her.”

“If you take my advice then it will go well. Do you still want to marry her?”

“Of course I do. I love Demi.”

“Then that’s all she needs to know.”

He smiled, “Thanks Kay. I love you sis.”

“I love you too David.”

“I’m really glad I got some sister time.”

I laughed, “I’m glad I got some brother time too. We need to do this more often.”

“We do,” he agreed. “We’ll plan it again. That reminds me, I have something to tell you.”

“Okay.”

“You know how my house is now technically in your name because of the book you published?”

I nodded, “Yeah, what about it?”

“I’m moving out so you can move in whenever you want.”

“But David it’s your house and I’m only in high school.”

“So you’re the only student in high school living on their own?”

I rolled my eyes, “I know I won’t be the only one, but will mom and dad even allow it?”

“It’s not that far away from mom and dad’s house. You don’t have to if you don’t want to, but Demi and I are moving in together and the house will be empty if you don’t.”

“Maybe I will talk to them about it then. I mean the house is mine now so it is my responsibility.”

“I can have it cleaned regularly if you don’t want to move in yet.”

“It’s not that I don’t want to, I do; I’m just not sure if it’s a good idea because of everything that’s happened.”

“Kayla just because you’ll be living on your own doesn’t mean you’ll start relapsing.”

“How do you know?” I asked him.

“Because you’ve come a long way and you have a lot of people supporting you. I’ll stop over every day if I have to and you can have friends over and family visiting to make sure it doesn’t happen.”

I smiled, “I guess you’re right.”

“Just think about it, okay?”

“I will,” I nodded.

“Ready to go?” he asked.

I nodded.

“Am I dropping you off at home or somewhere else?”

“Can you drop me off at Dylan’s please?”

He chuckled, “I was afraid of that.”

“Why?” I laughed.

“You and Dylan are practically inseparable these days.”

“What can I say?” I shrugged.

“I just hope you be careful with all of this,” he said, “I know you’re really happy but just because the bullying has died down in your school doesn’t mean it’s gone.”

“I know that David, I do, but Dylan would never do anything to hurt me and neither would any of my friends. I think they’ve proven themselves. I can get through anything with them.”

“Just be careful, okay?”

I rolled my eyes, “I will!”

He stood up and chuckled, “Let’s go.”

He drove me over to Dylan’s and I ran up to his front door. I knocked on the door and his mom answered.

“Hi Mrs. Montgomery, is Dylan home?”

“He’s in his room Kayla, you can go up and see him.”

“Thank you,” I smiled.

She opened the door and I walked inside. I went to Dylan’s room and knocked on the door.

“The door’s open Kay.”

I opened the door and peeked my head inside, “How’d you know it was me?”

He chuckled, “I heard when my mom answered the door.”

“Oh,” I said and walked in completely. He was sitting at his desk.

“What are you doing?”

“Just finishing homework. What’s up?”

“I was just hanging out with David and asked him to drop me off here.”

“Wanna do something?” he asked.

I shrugged, “I just didn’t want to go back to my boring house and I wanted to see you.”

He turned around in his chair and pulled me on his lap, “I was hoping to see you too.”

“Do you want to know what David said today?”

“Is it about me?” he asked.

I nodded.

He chuckled, “What did he say?”

“He said that we are practically inseparable now.”

“Is that a bad thing?”

I shook my head, “Not to me; he’s just been really protecting lately and I don’t know why.”

“I think I do.”

“You do?”

Dylan nodded, “You’re living the celebrity life like he is now. I think he was hoping you would get a normal life, but you don’t have a normal life. You’re living two lives.”

“Two lives? Why two?”

“You remember what you told me on the first day about wanting to have a great school year?”

I nodded at him.

“You’re writing music and doing interviews during holiday breaks, but everything other time you’re trying to live a normal life at school. You’re stuck in two worlds living two lives. I think your brother is worried because he chose his life and you’re trying to live two. He doesn’t want you to get hurt.”

“That makes sense, but why is he suddenly questioning all the people in my life?” I asked.

“He just doesn’t want to see you get hurt by any of them. I don’t think he wants to go back to the time when you were hurting yourself. It hurt too much to see you so hurt.”

I sighed, “I feel like I’m stuck between being a kid and being an adult. I know in this industry that a lot of people have to grow up faster, but I also just want to have fun. I want to enjoy my life and now even the people around me are questioning the choices I’m making.”

He tightened his arms around me, “I’m not.”

I smiled, “You never have.”

“Exactly,” he smiled back, “And I never will. Your friends and family need to realize that you are a strong, independent person and you are going to make the right choices for yourself. They need to be supportive and let you make your own mistakes. That is the only way that you are going to truly learn.”

“Can you tell them that?”

He chuckled and kissed me shortly, “That’s all you.”

I smiled, “I was afraid you were going to say that.”

“So what do you want to do?”

I shrugged, “It really doesn’t matter to me.”

“Then let’s get out of my house. I’ve been in here all day doing homework and I need a break.”

“Okay,” I stood up, “But where are we going?”

He shrugged, “Let’s just drive around until we find something to do.”

“That sounds good to me.”

THE END CHAPTER 32!!!

feedback??

what do you guys think?

what do you expect the rest of Kayla's high school years to be like?

what would you like to see happen in her career?

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

39.1K 940 42
Book 4. Kayla Dane overcame bullying, was saved by Demi Lovato, fell in love with Dylan Montgomery, became a famous singer, and fixed things with her...
89.2K 3.2K 32
~𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚? 𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒎 𝒊? 𝒐𝒉 𝒊𝒕 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒆, 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆, 𝒘𝒉�...
14.5K 303 28
Savannah is nineteen and she hasn't had an easy life. But then again a lot of people haven't had easy lives and Savannah isn't one to complain. She k...
121K 2.8K 46
I guess most people would say I'm lucky, I mean I am related to the Demi Lovato, and trust me it has it's up sides but it's not what it seems like. D...