Unwillingly Mrs King

By heyitsjustme_p

Marriage? More like a business deal. He needs a fiancée and she fits the bill perfectly. She agrees to pla... More

Cast List
01: Rumor Has It
03: Reunion
04: You've Got A Friend In Me
(A/N)

02: Beautiful Stranger

127 7 12
By heyitsjustme_p

"Some kind of beautiful stranger, you could be good for me

I've had the taste for danger

If I'm smart then I'll run away, But I'm not so I guess I'll stay

Heaven forbid

I'll take my chance on a beautiful stranger

I looked into your eyes

And my world came tumbling down, you're the devil in disguise

That's why I'm singing this song"

Saturday Evening

My eyes flitted towards the door at the sound of the door bells jingled signaling a customer. I placed my book down, making a mental note of the page number.

"Hello, and welcome to Sparks Reads !" I began reciting automatically as I rose, walking around the counter towards the man. "Can I help you find what you're look-"

I froze.

Being in love with reading all my life, 'Don't judge a book by its cover', was a phrase I lived by. And yet, looking at the man standing in front of me, I couldn't help the goosebumps that rose on my skin or the shivers that ran down as I took in his appearance. With an oversized hoody despite the humid weather, huge aviators and a baseball cap shading his face, despite sundown, this guy didn't scream normal. The way he was scanning the room as if looking for something didn't exactly help his case either.

After doing this for a couple of minutes, he let out a breath and nodded with a smile as if satisfied with what he found. Or didn't find for that matter...

Despite the chills he was giving me, I couldn't shake off the feeling that he seemed vaguely familiar. Not in a way that I actually knew him but like I'd seen him somewhere. Somewhere. But where? Not a clue but he was definitely giving me the creeps.

Or at least that's what I thought. Until he pulled off his 'disguise'. Holy moly, what a fine specimen of human he was. I want to jump him.

Calm down, Emma. He's just another customer; keep your hormones in check.

In my defense, he was pretty frozen a well, with wide eyes and a shocked expression that I'm pretty sure matched my own.

"Um-uh looking for. Can I help you find what you're looking for?" God, I was pathetic. Less than 10 seconds in front of this guy and I was already a stuttering mess.

"Alright?" Amusement twinkled in his eyes and played with the corners of his mouth, pulling them up into a full blown breathtaking smile.

I heard the sharp intake of air before realizing it came from me.

Who else would it be Emma? It's not like there's anyone else here.

Right.

Why the sudden lack of oxygen? His smile. If there's one thing that makes someone extremely attractive in my eyes, it would be dimples. Dimples were my greatest weak spot. Now, it's not like this guy needed any help in the looks department but his dimples. Oh God, his dimples. Someone kill me. Please.

I suddenly realized that I was just here gawking at a hot stranger while he was probably feeling very awkward just waiting for me to say something. Wait, didn't he ask me something?

"Oh, yes, yeah, mhm. I'm great." I asked, vigoursly nodding my head.

"Mmkay, if you say so." he frowned in concentration making him look ultra adorable.

"I'd be more alright if you didn't look like the male equivalent of a Victoria's Secret Model." muttered to myself.

He obviously heard me, though. I seriously need to work on my whispering skills. But is it still whispering if it's to yourself? Focus Emma, focus.

"Me? A Victoria's Secret Angel? I mean sure do have the body for it," he said striking a pose that made me stifle my laughter, "but Sweetheart I think that's you." he said, matter-of-factly before smiling his gorgeous smile again. Gosh I think he had the-

Focus Emma.

"So, did you come here for a book?" I asked, changing the topic to try to control the blush that threatened to break out on my cheeks.

Seriously Emma? What else would he have come here for? Potatoes?

"Um, yeah but it's um" he looked down, almost seeming embarrassed. "It's actually for my cousin sister."

"Oh. Is it her birthday?" Like I said, I was a very nosy person.

"Yeah, how'd you guess"

I simply shrugged, "I mean what other reason would there be for you to buy books for your sister?"

He glanced up and his eyes visibly danced with amusement. That is before remembering what he came here for making look down at the floor, shuffling his feet.

"Yeah so I'm just gonna go look for the books now."

It was heartwarming that guys like him still existed. Those who put some thought and effort into gifts for their little sisters instead of just buying a gift voucher and calling it a day.

"Okay, if you need help, I'm right here.

"Mhm, yeah thanks but I'm...just fine" He replied.

I picked up my book and continued from where I'd left off

~*~*

It took him exactly 37 minutes to give p.

"Jesus Christ I give up" He exclaimed making me jump. He plucked the book out of my hands and pouted. "I can't find anything."

I grinned at him, trying hard yet failing miserably to contain my laughter. "Took you long enough."

In reply to which he huffed and ignored me, proceeding to read the book he'd stolen from me.

This time I actually did laugh out loud, walking to a rack in the back to get the book he'd spend so long looking for.

As I walked back, I saw him staring off into space with a faraway look in his eyes.

"Describe you sister for me." I said, walking towards the bookshelves.

The floorboards creaked under my weight. It was expected, of course. This store was started by my many, many greats maternal grandparents simply because they had too much money, too much free time and shared a strong passion for books. This would be the reason we had age old books available but we also had to update our collection to keep up with the demands of the readers today.

"Well, she's the typical 14 year old girl but she's really into books. Especially the paranormal stuff; you know the vampires and werewolves and demons and whatnot. She's also a real romantic at heart; though she'd never admit out loud."

Even though I wasn't exactly a fan I pointed to a particularly popular series that matched his description but he immediately shook his head.

I can't believe people actually read this stuff!" he exclaimed incredulously, as he was paying for it, "This is a disgrace to literature."

"Actually, The Twilight Series is one of the best sellers in my store. It's quite a popular book that girls, especially teens and pre-teens , find quite appealing. Most likely because they imagine themselves as the main protagonist. It's also a very honest portrayal

"NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOT LISTENING" he interrupted, covering both his ears and squeezing his eyes shut.

Laughter erupted from my lips making him open his eyes and glance at me with a smile.

"You have a really beautiful laugh." he complimented.

Now it was my turn to blush. I could feel my cheeks getting warm and I probably looked cherry red. I'm not one of those girls who blush every time someone says something nice about them or has constant rosy cheeks. The only reason I blushed was because of the way he said it. Like he really genuinely meant it and he actually thinks that I'm beautiful. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any self-esteem issues. I know I'm pretty and I'm sure I can attract guys just by my looks. I'm not being narcissistic, I just know myself and my capabilities and strong points. But it still feels nice to hear someone say it out loud and genuinely mean it. Especially someone as attractive as this guy.

"Awwww she's blushing" he cooed, pinching my cheek.

"Oh shut up you can't talk about blushing." I muttered

"Fair point." he admitted, "You know, I never got your name."

" No, you didn't." I replied, teasing him.

I flashed him what I hoped was a dazzling smile.

"So do you wanna give it to me?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow.

I pretended to think about it. "Nope, I think I'm good."

"Please?" he asked making sad puppy eyes.

"Hahaha, still no. I have a younger sister and an older brother who only grew in size after the age of 5. In other words, I'm immune to that face" I replied trying not to crack up.

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?" still holding onto his pouty face.

"What are you, five-year-old girl?"

"Pretty please with lots of bacon on the side?"

"I'm vegetarian." Not a lie. I really am.

"Woah, okay Hazel Grace." he said with a smile threatening to break out on his beautiful face.

"What's your name?" he tried again with an intense expression that made me go weak at the knees a little.

"Okay I gave you my name, so now you need to tell me yours. Sooo?"

He looked at me with a blank face but his eyes held the faintest hint of desperation and helplessness.

"Are you sure you don't know?" he asked me with what looked like a sad smile tracing his lips.

"Um... no? Is there something I should know? " I asked, genuinely feeling the slightest bit terrified as I watched his expression slowly shift to one that was much brighter and more cheerful than just a minute ago.

He stared at me with he suddenly looked ecstatic and shook his head vigorously Nothing, Em. Absolutely nothing."

Okay, this guy is seriously bipolar. Should I be worried? Probably not. But for precautionary measures, I subtly shuffled slightly away upon realizing that if he was actually a psycho, I was standing way too close to him.

"So what is your name?" I asked.

"'Tyler... Jones" he replied immediately..

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Tyler."

"The pleasure's all mine, Emma." he responded with a cheeky grin. "You know, you seem really cool. Can we hang out sometime?"

"Um, I don't know"

"But why not?" he whined, dragging the words out like a kid.

"I hardly know you, Tyler Jones. You could be an axe murderer." I responded.

"True enough, Emma Sparks." he replied before we both burst out laughing, "Please tell me you only said that for reference sake and you'd actually like to hangout with me?"

I'd only met him but I felt like I'd known him since forever. I'm not being cheesy, it's just honestly how I felt. Tyler was just the kind of guy who you could become best friends with, within minutes of meeting him. He just had such a carefree and easy going attitude, that drew people in and it was impossible not to like him.

"I'd love to." I said with a smile, picking up the book I had been reading which had somehow found it's way to the floor.

"Tomorrow?" he asked, making me smile softly.

"Patience, grasshopper," I chastised playfully. "You don't want to seem overeager"

"Right, that's why I said tomorrow"

Once again, we burst with laughter.

"I'll call you" I told him, once we sobered up.

"But you don't even have my phone number," he said. "Based on all the references you've made in the last ten minutes, I strongly suspect you wrote it in the book." I responded, holding up my book.

"And you say we don't know each other." he said.

"We don't know each other." I replied, laughing slightly. "But clearly we do know The Fault in Our Stars."

"That we do."

"Go home, Tyler."

"I am. But I will see you again, right"

I smiled at his hopeful eyes and simply nodded. He smiled back before and waved before he walked out, putting on his baseball cap and aviators back on.

How strange.

Strange but that isn't stopping you from looking forward to seeing him again.

Sometimes, I really don't like my conscience. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N): These chapters are so short, I hate myself. I promise the updates will get faster (and longer) as the story builds so don't give up on it just yet. So how was it? Did you guys like it? Did you not? Don't be a silent reader, let me know! And how cute is Tyler you guys? 

Also, show of hands who got all the references? For those of you didn't, it probably (obviously) means you haven't read TFIOS. WHYYYYYY?? READ IT. ASAP. For those of you who already have, REREAD IT.

Lots of love!

~~ Song Credits: Madonna - Beautiful Stranger ~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97 20 20
Jane was forced to marry her boss, Christian Evans. She was replaced to become her boss bride, when his bride ran away. They decide to fake it. Will...
IMPUMELELO By NateLamak

General Fiction

67.4K 5.6K 41
A young lady falls in love with a young man who loves her dearly. They adore each other and they will do anything to protect each other from anything...
3K 41 17
What will happen when some secrets are revealed? Will her daddy get upset? Will their life be flipped upside down?
3.4K 132 13
Love bonds that have been broken. Two married couples whose marriage is chaotic ally wrapped up in lies,lust,and love.Which couple would be together...