Would You Rather?

Von ArealJ

Annalee Caden and her best friend, Jake, have started playing a simple, popular game called "Would you rather... Mehr

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 6

11 0 0
Von ArealJ

Chapter 6

The next few weeks of school were hell for Shane. Everywhere he would go, it was as if Anna was with him. He could hear every thought going through that pretty head of hers. He learned to tune out the boring things, but that wasn’t often. Many of her thoughts consisted of snarky or sarcastic comments that amused Shane. The thoughts of Jake hurt. It was as if someone was ripping out his heart and soul. The pain was almost unbearable. It had become habit of him to carry around pain killers and pop them like candy. He was afraid the he might be nicknamed House but by this point he didn’t really care. There were a few thoughts that were beneficial to Shane.

‘How does someone have eyes that blue? God, they’re so beautiful. He’s so beautiful. Sandy is pretty but wow. Her brother is amazing.’

The thoughts like these had an affect better than ecstasy for Shane. He would glance at the seat beside him and Anna would hurry and look away with a blush across her face. This would produce a chuckle from Shane. But always, right after one of these thoughts, there would be a pain in his chest followed by more of Anna’s thoughts.

‘Shit. It’s like he fucking knows. Shane, if you can hear my thoughts, I was kidding. I love Jake and you know that. Fuck, if anyone out there could hear my thoughts, they would think I was fucking insane.’

And there goes another painkiller.

Shane wasn’t stupid. He realized what was going on. But it didn’t make any sense. It wasn’t supposed to be possible. He needed to have a serious talk with Sandy and Greg this afternoon.

***

“But Shane, our soul mates are people like us. We can’t bond with mortals. You know that,” Sandy told her brother for the millionth time that evening.

“I know the rule. But then explain to me how I hear her thoughts. Explain to me the affect she has on me. Sandy, you have three missed calls from her and she doesn’t understand why you’re not answering. She’s about to try again in three seconds.”

Sandy looked at her cell phone just in time to answer.

“Hey baby girl,” Sandy greeted with the fake Southern accent that Shane hated.

“I’m sorry. I’m with Shane right now. I’ll be over in just a second.”

There was a slight pause but Shane knew what was being said and thought on the other end.

“Oh. Well, it’s no rush just whenever.” ‘Please hurry. I’m freaking out right now.’

“No worries. I’m on my way”

With that, Sandy hung up the phone. Shane let out a deep sigh.

“She’s freaking out because she’s paranoid about her thoughts with me and she’s confused about her feelings. Guide her to Jake until I figure this out.” Shane reached over to kiss his sister’s cheek before she left. As she was walking out the door she turned to Shane one more time.

“You know what you have to do?”

Shane nodded solemnly. “That’s where I’m headed now.”

***

Annalee pulled Sandy in her house before she even had a chance to knock.

“Whoa. Holy shit. Cool it trick. I need that arm.” Sandy fussed while rubbing where Anna had pulled her. Anna rushed them up the stairs and into her room, slamming the door.

There was a certain panic in her eyes. “Sandy, I have a really weird feeling.”

“What do you mean?”

Anna shook her head. “It all started with that stupid game with Jake. Then, Shane showed up. Now, I just have this really weird feeling about everything.”

Sandy gave Anna a wary look. “What do you mean?”

Anna looked around as if someone was watching her and it wasn’t just Sandy listening. “Do you ever feel like this world is so much bigger than us? Like, what if there’s something else out there? Like, some other species just walking around and living with us humans? Just things that we can’t even fathom?”

Sandy couldn’t even speak. All she could do was stare at Anna in shock.

“I’m sorry. I sound stupid. Everything’s just really getting to me lately and I have a weird feeling that something big is gonna happen,” Anna corrected herself after seeing Sandy’s shocked expression.

“Why don’t we just pop some popcorn and pig out to a chick flick tonight? We haven’t had girl time in a while.” This was Sandy’s only suggestion after hearing Anna. Her friend had no idea the unknown she was so close to finding and the problems that would cause. Sandy was determined to keep Anna in the dark.

***

The next day, Anna and Jake were eating dinner at Anna’s house. They decided to pick up Pandora’s game and see what questions were thrown their way.

“Alright Jake, here’s your question…” Anna flipped the card over to find nothing. There was absolutely nothing written on the card.

“What the hell is going on now?” Jake asked, picking up the remaining cards to find every single one blank.

“I don’t know. Let’s see if the instructions say anything about it.” Anna picked up the box and flipped to the instructions. The entire directions had been reworded. Anna dropped the box as if it were hot coals in her hands instead.

Jake picked up the box and read the directions himself.                                                                       

‘Hello my darlings.

There’s been a little change in your game. Instead of Would You Rather, I’ve decided to help you out with a much less dangerous and helpful game. We will be playing Truth or Dare. Here’s the rules:

1.       Don’t bother lying. If you lie, the print will turn red and your partner will know you lied. You also will not receive another question until the truth is told. There will be no punishment for the lie from me. However, it will take a toll on your relationship and friendship. You will be punishing yourself.

2.       The dares must be followed through or a secret will be shown on the next card drawn. Do not test me.

I hope you have tons of fun and this helps you become a stronger pair. Good luck my dears.

Goodbye.’

Anna looked at Jake when he finished reading the rules.

“Jake, I don’t want either of picking dare. We’ll make this a game of truth. I’m done with anything taking action. Besides, this could be good for us. We know just about everything there is to know about each other. Are you ready?”

Jake nodded.

“Ok, your first question,” Anna said while picking up a card. “Alright: Was Lyssa your first love?”

The blush that took over Jake a face made his answer obvious. “It was freshman year before she turned Slutty. I got over it.”

The print stayed black so Anna knew he was telling the truth.

“Jake! You never told me that you had feelings for that whore. Why didn’t you ever tell me?” She couldn’t believe Jake bad kept that secret from her.

“I don’t know. It just didn’t seem important at the time and I got over it. I don’t see the big deal.”

As far as Annalee was concerned, she told Jake everything. The fact that he had kept something, even something that tiny, stabbed at her heart. What else had he been keeping from her?

Jake picked a card out of the box. “Truth, obviously. Anna, do you hate that Lyssa has become part of our group because of your hatred for her or because Shane is the guy that brought her to the group?”

It was Anna’s turn to blush. “I already hated her. You know that Jake.”

“Wrong answer.” That was all Jake said before throwing the card down and leaving Anna’s house. She picked up the card and looked to see red ink covering the card.

***

Shane was standing outside of a huge skyscraper that could have been mistaken as a corporate office. But it wasn’t. It was the third tallest building in Japan and it was the home of the Calypec tribe elders. Shane had never had to go before the elders before. Neither did anyone else that he knew. But alas, here he was.

Sitting on three golden thrones were the elders. The elders were three old and wise brothers with long, snow white hair flowing from their heads and faces. In the middle and largest throne sat the eldest brother, Locshi. This was the man that Shane was to address. He had been briefed while waiting about how he was to conduct himself with the elders.

Locshi was the only elder that spoke to the tribesman. The brothers sat and listened. Once everything was said, there would be a moment of silence. During this time, the brothers would all be speaking telepathically with each other but Shane would not hear any of it. Once they were finished, Locshi would relay the final word to Shane.

Shane entered the room and bowed before the elders.

“Great elders. I come to you with a problem, seeking your wisdom. I understand how soul mates work. My parents have a touching story, as does my sister. Unfortunately, I had not heard from my soul mate until recently. Normally, that would bring me great joy. However, the person I am having the connection with is human. She is not of the Calypec species as we are. I do not understand why this is happening.”

Shane was still bowing as he finished. He remained in this position as the brothers silently discussed his predicament.

‘Locshi, this is impossible. He cannot have paired with a human. It’s not possible.’

‘Yes, Kymen. What if he is mistaken and he is fooling himself about the human girl? Wishful thinking perhaps?’

‘Ah, but Locshi. What if he isn’t? What if the girl is the child of…’

‘No Ryjon. The child is human. It cannot be that. I know what he must do.’

 After what felt like an eternity, a great voice filled the room.

“I understand why you have come to us,” Locshi’s voice boomed out. “It is very difficult as nothing like this has ever happened before. Unfortunately, you know the rules. You cannot be paired with a human. Help her fall in love with someone else and perhaps your bond will be broken. Good luck my son and keep your distance from that girl.”

Locshi dismissed Shane in an even worse state than before. He would have to turn his entire work around and push Annalee and Jake together. It would be hard but he knew what he had to do.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...