Playing Games

By qwueeeeeeen

Savannah Moore is rambunctious, adventurous, and is tired of living a dull life. One night, a wild party in S... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
EPILOGUE
New book!

Chapter 22

2.6K 71 20
By qwueeeeeeen

SAVANNAH POV

The first thing I feel is the sunlight bathing my skin as it passes through the window. Logan is next to me, still holding onto me as he sleeps. I take his hand, gently kissing his knuckles, which still have my taste on them, which makes me grin.

I feel this overwhelming sense of comfort as his warmth heats me up, which lets me know that he's starting to wake up. After turning around so that I'm facing him, I begin to move my fingers along his eyebrows and the contours of his cheeks. Logan's skin feels warm and soft, like silk that has just come out of the dryer or something.

I remember the morning after we went to the beach, feeling exactly what I feel now. Nothing but a sense of happiness and contentment because the person that I've been lusting over was in the same bed as me. Now I know that I'm in too deep, and that nothing can change how I feel.

It's almost as if I'm living in that light at the end of the tunnel cliché where my life was going nowhere, but now with Logan, my life is way better than I ever thought it could be. I've never experienced this before, and I don't want to let this go no matter what happens.

"Good morning." Logan mumbles, and his eyes are still closed.

"Wake up sleepy head." I whisper, playfully poking his nose.

Logan groggily laughs before wiping his eyes and yawning. I giggle at how wide his mouth opens, kind of like how a dog yawns or when the dentist stretches your mouth open. Logan looks confused as my laughing intensifies, and I can't stop myself.

"What's so funny?" Logan asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Your mouth opened so wide." Is all I can manage to say before continuing to laugh.

I don't know why that's so funny to me, but it is.

Logan just smirks at me, that signature arrogant smirk that he always has plastered on his face. Once I finally stop laughing, I have to hold my stomach because it's starting to hurt. I have to start breathing in and out, and I blink away the tears that started forming in my eyes.

"It was really that funny, huh?" Logan asks, and I nod.

"Yeah."

"Your mouth opened the same way last night." Logan replies in a sassy tone before running his fingers through his hair.

"Wow," I say, dragging the word out, beginning to smile widely at him. "I can't believe you just said that."

"What? It's the truth." Logan defensively adds, and then smiles.

Well, with the things he did to me last night, there's no way in hell I could keep my mouth closed.

If I close my eyes, the images from the night before are still there. I can still see him on top of me, looking me straight in the eyes whenever I moaned. And I moaned a lot.

I can still hear his strangled moans whenever he tried to stop himself from climaxing, and how relieved he sounded to finally let it consume him.

"Well, would you be able to help me do that again?" I ask flirtatiously, winking at him.

"With pleasure." Logan purrs, and he leans down to kiss me.

His thick lips perfectly fit with mine, making me grin before kissing him back. Our mouths move together slowly, making the heat form in my cheeks before it gradually makes the rest of my face hot. My hands run through his smooth hair, and it feels so good underneath my fingers.

This is what I've been waiting for.

Logan grabs my hips, flipping us over so that I'm on top of him. It all happened so fast that a gasp was forced out of me, and as our eyes meet, we both smile at the same time before kissing again. My breathing becomes raspy as Logan's hands begin to move lower until he has a handful of my butt in each hand.

For the zillionth time today, I smile at the feeling of his large hands feeling around, which also makes the rest of my body come alive as the adrenaline begins to rush through my bloodstream.

"Logan," I moan, running my tongue over my lips to stop myself from saying anything else.

Logan continues to kiss me, moving down to my neck, planting gentle little kisses. To stop him, I move off his lap and hold one of his hands. He looks confused, but doesn't question me.

"We have plenty of time for that." I say, somewhat breathless.

"So what do you want to do in the meantime?" Logan curiously asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I don't know, I'll just think of some things while we talk." I reply, and he nods.

I lay down, and he wraps his arm around me, happily sighing as his large hand rests on my shoulder. I feel so right being here with him, like nothing else will ever compare to this feeling.

"God, I'm still so glad that you and I got back together." Logan blurts out, making me smile.

Hearing someone say that they missed me and that they're glad to be with me makes everything in my body start to flutter and feel light. I'm officially experiencing those cliché and cheesy symptoms of falling in love.

"My god, how did you think I felt? I was driving myself crazy when I thought that we weren't right for each other. I'm such an idiot for doing that." I say, sighing.

That's like if someone deprived themselves of any food or water just for the fuck of it, and then they'll end up dying because they're nutritionally starved.

Or if someone just decided to ram their car into a wall. It makes no sense, and it'll negatively ruin your life.

Not trying to be all dramatic, but that's what I was doing once I broke up with him.

It was a blow to myself because the person that actually made me happy was just gone all because I stupidly chose to leave. I know that I'm not the smartest, but to do that to Logan out of nowhere was pretty fucking stupid.

"Hey, you're not an idiot. You had some doubts, which is okay."

I'm glad that he didn't cut me off completely or turn into some petty person who's the opposite of who I know he is. Logan wouldn't do something like that to me, and I'm extremely grateful.

"Thank you. You could've cut me off and been extremely rude and cold towards me, but you didn't. I'm glad you accepted my apology." I say, looking into his eyes.

"I'm not that stupid. I wanted you back so badly, so of course I took you back."

We kiss again, making the flutters form in my stomach again. We look at each other, and all I do is quirk my eyebrow at him before smirking and pulling him off the bed.

"Where are we going?" Logan asks.

I chuckle before clapping three times like we're on Dora The Explorer, and then I happily sing to the beat of the song.

"To the shower!" I cheer.

Logan and I continue to sing along to the song beforehand we get into the bathroom, locking the door before enclosing ourselves into a steamy, pleasure filled glass shower and giggling as we splash each other with the water.

I gawk at his features that are soaking wet, and tiny little drips of water fall from them. His hard, perfectly sculpted abdomen is shining with the sheen over water that covers it, and how his facial features are heightened and look even more attractive whem covered with water.

I run my hands over his body, feeling his smooth skin and the muscles of his arms. Just one of his large hands covers almost the entire small of my back, and he pulls me closer until our bodies are pressed together. The top of my head is just below his collarbone, and he starts to chuckle probably because of how small I am compared to him.

Being completely wrapped in his warmth makes me glad that I'm so short. Normally I hate it, but this is the only exception where I don't.

I finally have that emotional warmth that I've dreamt of.

I finally have someone who makes me happy.

~~~

Logan's hand rests on my thigh as he drives along the curved roads of the highway, passing the tall palm trees and semi trucks. I lean my head back, sighing happily as we continue to drift along the highway.

"Are you high or something? You're extremely happy." Logan asks, making me laugh.

"No, I'm not high, but I am happy." I reply, and he grins.

"Well, that's good to know." Logan says, and I reach over to begin playing with his ear.

Logan begins to squirm uncomfortably, and he starts laughing. He swats my hand away with the hand that was on my thigh, but I still reach over to play with his ear just to irritate him.

"Stop, I'm ticklish!" Logan begs through a laugh.

My cheeks warm up, and I begin smiling as I watch him laugh. I stop so that he can concentrate on his driving, and he's trying to suppress some laughter because his face is getting more red by the second due to how hard he's holding it in.

"You're so weird." Logan cackles, slapping the steering wheel.

"You like me weird, though." I cheekily reply, and he grins.

"Of course."

It doesn't take much longer before I'm at Alex and Rian's place, and I see Xiu standing outside, waving her arms around wildly to get my attention. All I do is give Logan a quick peck on the cheek before sprinting out of the car and towards Xiu.

"Hey!" We simultaneously exclaim.

We both walk back into Alex and Rian's flat, and as the three of us sit together I begin to reminisce about all of the other times we've hung out and had our girl time.

I think about back when we were in middle school, complaining about things hat we thought were so difficult, but now, I'd go back so that I don't have to deal with the shit that comes with adulthood.

"I'm glad that we get to hang out, but I'm sad too because I know you need to start packing because you go back to NYU pretty soon." I say, and she sighs.

"Yeah, I'm gonna miss you guys when I have to fly back to New York."

"Me too." I reply, half grinning at her.

We sit there, casually talking and eating from the large plate of fruit that's on the coffee table.

"What's all the fruit for?" I ask, and Xiu smiles.

"Alex prepared it for us before we got here. She's such a mom now, it's so cute I can't even with her sometimes." Xiu swoons, and I giggle.

"Yeah, it's so cute how she has that hospitality everyone talks about."

As our friendship developed, I always found myself wanting to be more like Alex. Not just look wise, but personality wise because she's the human form of an angel. Especially since she met Rian, and now that they have a daughter, she's completely changed herself in a good way.

Just as soon as I break away from my thoughts, I see Alex walking in, looking like a complete mess. There are bags underneath her eyes, her hair is a mess, and her shirt is soaked with water. Rian comes in shortly after her, looking very similar to her.

"Damn, you guys look like hell." I say, which is an understatement.

It looks like they walked through a tornado.

"Thanks for acknowledging the obvious." Alex sardonically replies.

"Rosie tiring you guys out?" Xiu asks curiously, and they both huff before nodding.

"She's been really cranky lately because she's caught a cold, and we haven't had a lot of sleep because of her or work." Rian explains.

"Aww, poor Rosie. I hope she feels better." I say.

"Yeah, I hate seeing her so upset and not like her usual self. Once you guys have kids you'll know what I'm talking about." Alex says before yawning.

Rian parks next to her on the couch, wrapping an arm around her before beginning to glide his fingers gently along her arm. Alex starts grinning before kissing his knuckles, and Xiu and I swoon at the sight of them.

"So ladies, we have some catching up to do! Nobody's ever interested in what goes on in my boring life, huh?"

"No, it isn't that, babe. You're always working now."

"Can't help it, it's that time of the year where people are constantly pouring into the hospital."

"Yeah, you guys are deprived of your sexy time, huh?" Xiu teasingly asks, snickering afterwards.

Rian and Alex look at each other, smirking before looking right back at us.

"Trust us, we've made plenty of time for that regardless of our schedules." Alex cheekily says, and her eyebrow quirks at us perfectly.

Shortly after that, we all can hear Rosie crying from another room. Rian and Alex both groan at the same time before he gets up and sprints away to see what Rosie's upset about.

"Soooo, you and Logan? Did things ever—" Xiu starts, and I begin nodding.

"Yeah, we're back together. I'm just really happy with him." I hesitantly add, and they both look at me with confused expressions.

"Why does it sound like you're having a change of heart?" Alex asks before popping a grape into her mouth.

"Yes, I'm extremely happy with Logan, but I'm scared that it might not work out like my past relationships."

"You think that something will jinx your relationship?" Xiu asks, and I nod.

"Because you guys know how complicated my relationship with fate is, right? I'm just worried that something's going to come along and ruin the first good relationship with a guy."

I have the worst luck, so I'm anxious about what else will happen to me because I know that I won't just simply be with Logan.

Something is going to pop up out of nowhere like a jump scare in a horror movie.

It's like I'm a living, walking plot twist just waiting to happen at the worst possible time.

"Don't think like that, Vannah. Yes, it is a bit unnerving to think about what the future holds, but as long as you two are happy, then whatever comes along shouldn't ruin what you have." Alex advises.

Nothing else rings in my head except for what she just said to me, and Logan's face appears in my mind. I feel less tense once I can imagine him smiling or saying something sarcastic and arrogant, and I realize that yet again, I'm psyching myself out.

Only time will tell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...
3.1K 92 23
Savannah is your typical teenage girl. She doesn't drink or do drugs. She has friends and a boyfriend who is the shittiest of the all. This all chang...
309K 9.4K 41
"You have lost your mind, what the hell do you think you're doing?" She yells at me. "Don't start with me." "I'm not starting shit, Elijah! This was...
698K 18.6K 64
When Lily Langston goes to a game with her best friend. The last thing she ever thought to happen was being hit in the face with a ball. But what le...