Tragic Souls(Damon Salvatore)

By DawnOfCreativity

Story is complete. Gwen Jordan left Mystic Falls with ash on her skin, an ache in her heart and a vow. To def... More

cast/music
Prologue
Return
Visiting the past
Starting Over
Moonstone Hunt
Time to take her down
Slater
memories
I will never let you know
werewolves are so much fun
Hurts like hell
Bonding
Signs of Life
A Doorway
Klaus
Bare our souls
Only you
Flicker
Rough Day
Rough Day(part 2)
Meeting Colton
You are a memory
Elijah's plan
Damon's plan
The ritual
The Aftermath
A New Start
It's not over
book two is out

paintings of the past

3.1K 100 13
By DawnOfCreativity

Gwen lightly traces the jagged scar on her stomach to her right hip. Feeling bumps Here and there from the twisted flesh. Micheal apologized for the scar.

The damage was just too great to heal smoothly. It took awhile, but now it serves as a reminder of what Gwen can gain back.

Bringing her eyes up Gwen spots Stefan's reflection staring at her scar. His hand tightly holding a backpack strap.

Grabbing a blue shirt Gwen throws it on, turning around "Attending school?" 

He nods without giving a reason why and turns to leave. Her mind quickly forms a logical answer, Elena

"Stefan," he stops, fixing her with a questioning gaze "Do you love and respect Elena?" Gwen doesn't  let Stefan answer "Enough to let her go and even leave this town if that's what she decides she wants?" 

"Yes," His eyes shine with resolve and pain "But first I'm going to help you get your family back," he smiles "Got some catching up to do with Henry, he is going be amazed at all the new technology."

"Oh god he is going to be stuck in a room for a month trying to figure out how cell phones and other things work." 

"Don't forget also surrounded by history books," Stefan adds. 

The mental picture of her brother trying to learn everything . Earns a tiny laugh from both. Fading off into a brief moment of silence. 

"Gwen I'm glad you're alive." 

"Thanks, I'm glad you are alive too  and  sorry for keeping it a secret." 

Stefan shrugs "Nothing to be sorry about, I better go," he gets a couple steps into the hallway before turning back "By the way Damon is annoying some friend of yours downstairs right now."

Trent, grabbing her large purse that holds extra clothes and phone Gwen storms out. Finding Damon blocking Trent from entering the house. Both exchanging words with passive aggressive tones.

Trent eyes land on Gwen and light up. Damon steps aside turning his body towards Stefan and Gwen. Eyes unable to look away from her. 

While Trent asks "Ready?" 

"Isn't it a little early for sight seeing," Damon comments taking a gulp of his drink. 

Gwen glares  "Isn't a little early to be an ass." 

Damon smirks "Fisty." 

Stefan clears his throat. Capturing Gwen's attention.

She introduces them "Trent this is Stefan. Stefan this is Trent," Her eyes narrow at Damon "A good friend," Damon's eyes roll as Gwen steps outside "Come on let's go." 

Trent follows silently behind Gwen. They climb into his red truck. Gwen gives him instructions and it isn't long before they find a spot in the woods. To squeeze the truck through. After a few feet Trent parks. Their lips stay sealed as Gwen leads Trent towards the Lockwood well.

In his arms is a bundle of rope while her hand clutches a flashlight. After backtracking here and there they reach the well. It's metal cover  still on the ground. 

Gwen walks over to a nearby by tree "This will work." 

Trent says nothing as he ties it around the trunk. Gwen tosses the rest into the well. Shinning the flashlight down making sure the rope reached the water. 

Then address Trent "Make sure you keep your eyes open for anyone or thing." 

Trent grabs the flashlight "I got this you be the look out." 

"Do you remember what my necklace looks like?" 

"Yes I remember." 

"Fine but be careful snakes are down there." 

Trent's hand slaps on his chest "How kind of you to warn me makes my heart flutter." 

Smiling she slaps his arm "Hurry up." 

Placing the flashlight between his teeth Trent enters the well. Slowly working his way down the rope until his feet reach the bottom.

He drops into the water beginning  his search. Gwen turns around  eyes scan the area. Minutes pass before  something gray flashes by in the distance.

"It's not here!" 

"Keep looking!" Gwen shouts back while spotting  movement to her  left. 

Narrowing her eyes Gwen steps forwards. First seeing the bottom of a puffy dress being held up by pale hands. Wavy brown hair flows down the strangers back. Feet in black slippers carry them closer.

They turn and pass through a tree. Heading straight for Gwen. Revealing the delicate face and brown doe eyes of a young lady.

Gwen's heart speeds up, eyes staring  her lips. Just like Gwen's  dream sewn shut with black thread. Gwen inches back until bumping into the well. Her hands tightly grip the well. 

A hand clamps down on her shoulder, Gwen jumps. Ready to curse or run until Trent's concerned voice hits her ears "Gwen are you okay?" 

Hand over her racing heart Gwen watches the ghost disappear.
"Yeah," dropping her hand Gwen turns to Trent "Any luck?" 

"No."

"That's okay I can get a new one," Gwen heads for his truck beyond spooked and ready to leave.

Trent silently let's Gwen shake off what freaked her out. Thoughts already coming to a conclusion on what happened.

First, they stop at his hotel room. Not wanting to be alone Gwen follows Trent inside. Demanding he changes with the door open. She closes her eyes listening  to him change. His smooth hands close around hers. Gwen's eyes snap open staring into his. 

"Are you being personally haunted by a ghost?" 

"More then one, but I can handle it. So far they only like to appear when I'm alone." 

He gives her a pointed look but doesn't press it. His eyes drowning in her dark blue ones. Something he could do forever. Bringing forth  memories of enjoying movies and concerts together.

Trent eyes fall to her plump pink lips. Before he can make a move Gwen stands walking to the door. Ignoring his disappointment Trent follows. In his truck she gives directions. Until they pull up to her old home. 

"Never thought I would get to see where you grew up," Trent comments as they step out, eyes dart everywhere. 

Gwen leads him past the backyard  fence into the woods. It takes longer than expected but after the eighth time of pushing back vines Gwen finds it. Her family's secret crypt. She takes three steps in before hearing  a snap. 

Trent throws himself on her. They crash to the ground. The Wind tickling their backs as something swings over them.

Making a loud bang from hitting one of the walls. Both cough as dust and dirt fly everywhere. After a moment they  look up to find a log covered in metal spikes. 

"that's new," Gwen says nonchalantly as Trent helps her up, a look of disbelief on his face "What?"

With a huff he points at the log "Gwen that was meant to kill. I'm guessing someone must have seen you when you first came here," His hand drops "we have to be more careful, okay?"

"Okay just wanted to look around real quick." 

"Anything, in particular, you hope to find." 

"Just anything that looks unusual." 

While Trent starts with the grave makers Gwen walks towards the back wall. Scanning for any cracks big enough to hide something. Her hands running along the stone to feel what her eyes miss. Inches from  the ground.

Something brown enters her  vision from the corner of her  eye. Carefully Gwen brushes off the dirt. Revealing yellow paper bound by black leather. Pulling the thick heavy book on to her lap Gwen fully sits. Trent soon joins her their  backs pressed against the wall. 

Paintings with grim stiff looking people fill the pages. Their names scribbled underneath with black ink. All of them share one thing in common, Last name Jordan. Gwen immediately recognize some of the faces. 

Taken back her  thought slips from her lips "I'm being haunted by my own ancestors." 

well some of them.

Her phone rings. Placing the phone to her ear. Gwen is  greeted by Damon's voice. Giving Trent the album she stands greeting him back.

A stab of worry hits as Damon informs Gwen someone kidnapped Elena. In a bored tone, he asks if she would like to join Stefan on the rescue. 

"Sure send me the address. I'll head that way but don't wait up. You two should be enough anyway," silence "Damon you are helping your brother, right?" His reply is less than thrilled but he still gives her the general area they narrowed it down to, thanks to Bonnie "I know where that is. Nothing for miles but an old house. Bet Elena is inside that house." 

After Stefan steals Damon's phone and expresses gratitude they hang up. 

"Where to now?" Trent asks. 

"You are going to drop me back off at the boarding house then I will help my friends," Trent frowns clearly unhappy with being left out "Listen I know you are here which means if I'm in trouble you will be the first to be screamed at for help." 

He smirks and stands clutching the leather album. Back in his truck nothing else is said. At the boarding house Gwen gets out "Gwen, "Be careful." 

Nodding she closes  the door, steps back and watches him drive away. Digging her car keys out of her purse. Gwen dumps the album in the back and drives off.

After three hours pulling up to a run down colonial mansion. Halfway to the front door Damon walks out.

"You missed the fun," he practically sings as Gwen joins  him on the porch "Got to kill a cranky old ass vampire."

"The old ones are always so cranky," She says. looking through the open door. Gwen spots Elena and Stefan hugging each other tightly "Guessing no information why Elena was kidnapped?"

"Nope'" Damon closely watches her face "You have been here before." 

Memories of this place in its prime surge forth, of bonding with Micheal and training, Gwen answers him honestly,"Yes this was the Williams home. I spent a year here stuck between the past, present, and my future until finally, I moved on."

"You miss them a lot, your family." 

"Yes more than anything or anyone," Damon keeps face blank at her words. Taking a breath she asks, "How did you keep living after turning?" 

Damon shrugs "Simple turned off my humanity." 

"Wish I could have just flicked a switch off. Took me months to build a cage and lock everything away." 

Damon opens his mouth to say more. Only to shut it as Stefan and Elena step out. Elena fills them on what she learned about the sun and moon curse. That in order for it to be broken she has to die.

Nothing else to say Elena leaves with Stefan. Damon doing the same after Gwen promising not to be gone long. And insisting she needs some time alone in this old place again.

A house still beautiful even in its decaying state. Each room holding bittersweet moments. In a large formal room that once held chairs and a piano, Gwen finds Elena's necklace. Placing it in her pocket Gwen heads back to the front door. 

Only to be thrown into a nearby wall. A hand around her throat lifts Gwen up. Her face inches from a man with brown hair, high cheekbones, and a strong jawline. His bangs are split to each side framing his forehead. 

mesmerizing, hazel brown eyes stare into hers as he speaks, "I'm going to let go and you are going to stay still and quiet."

Gwen's  mind becomes empty. Except for this man's commands echoing in her  head. She doesn't move a muscle as her feet touch the floor. 

His hand leaves Gwen's neck "Now I do believe we have some matters to discuss. You may speak now." 

"Who are you?" 

He smiles "Elijah and it's a pleasure to meet you in person Miss Jordan.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 94 48
When peach moves from NYC to Mystic Falls she meets this strange mysterious guy & from there her life takes a turn as she discovers her own dark secr...
15.7K 407 13
elena was kidnapped by klaus and forced to live with the originals she eventually got over it and got really close with two of them what happenes whe...
201 7 3
It wasn't supposed to happen this way...Stefan's blood was supposed to heal Brianna, and instead, she died anyways, beginning her transition into the...