Senseless

By TheoryKierei

Book 3 of HomeLess Growing up in a family was what most kids who didn't have one, would dream about. As he go... More

SenseLess
Given Up
Visit
There Are Mistakes
Why
Do You Have a Heart?
Confusion
I Hear Your Voice
Don't Be Stupid
Maybe
Look Up, Not Yet
Look Down, Your Heart Stops
Too
For Him
Reason
A Little Talk
Enough
Two Different
Closer
Small Things
Just a Little
Second Try
And Back
Take it Slow
Overnight
Calm
Attention
Chances
What You Need
Heart
Who's There?
Soap
Wren
R
Halo
Calculate
Miscommunication
Closed Doors
Together

The First Time We Fail

26.3K 1.5K 667
By TheoryKierei

Jade-

Waking up to the sun peeking through the curtains was somehow unsettling. Jade couldn't put his finger on why he felt like butterflies were flying around his stomach as he sat up on the sofa. His eyes traveled down to where Jake's arms were firmly wrapped around his waist, a sigh slipping from his lips as he heard footsteps coming down the stairs. 

Rose appeared a moment later, looking surprised to see him. She glanced down at Jake, then back up to Jade with a cautious smile. "Have you taken the day off, sir?" 

And just like that, Jade removed Jake' arms from around him and ran up the stairs to his room. He took the fastest shower known to man, got dressed, and was back downstairs with his briefcase bag before Jake was even aware of what had woken him up. 

"Jake!" 

The loud boom of his voice startled the smaller man to his feet in an instant. His hair was disheveled and his pants hung off his hips at an odd angle. "Get upstairs and get dressed. I want you down here in five minutes." 

The look on Jake's face told him that he didn't believe that to be possible, but he didn't argue as he bolted up the stairs, missing a step and landing hard on his left knee. Yet, he continued after just a quiet whimper. Jade remained where he stood, glancing at his watch every few seconds. He was late already, but he didn't want to miss his second meeting of the day, too. 

Three minutes passed before Jake reappeared at the top of the stairs. One of his socks was on inside-out and he was carrying the shoes he'd been bought the day before, but he looked fine. In fact, the pair of new dark blue jeans and soft red sweater fit him well, and brought out his dark red hair. Jade was appraising the whole look when Jake's foot slipped on the carpet, sending him forward and off the stairs with a surprised yelp. 

Jade caught him easily, but their foreheads slammed together from the younger man's momentum. It hurt, quite a damn bit, but Jade bit his tongue and promptly carried Jake out to the garage. Instead of taking the car he had the other day, Jade set Jake down near a small, dark green SUV. 

"Get in the back and put your seatbelt on, then your shoes." He said as he walked around to the driver's side, unlocking it with the fob as he went. When he slid in and set his briefcase on the passenger's seat, Jake was already buckled up and tugging his shoes on in the back. 

Loking in the rearview mirror, Jade let out a tired sigh. He'd been up half the night worried about how he was going to handle this new man in his life, then actually went downstairs and broke his own rule to comfort the guy. He'd broken my rule and yet I turned the punishment into a reward. The idea twisted his gut. He was already in trouble with this man, and he had only had him for a few days, if that. 

As Jade pressed the button on the sun visor to open the garage door behind them, he couldn't keep his anxiety levels from rising steadily. He was losing control of a situation and Jake wasn't even trying to take it. He just wants attention and security... and I just want him to listen and not make mistakes. The realization that it wouldn't happen had Jade's dress shoe pressing down on the brake before he even got the car halfway out of the garage. 

He wasn't someone who just gave up on a situation, but Jake had broken his rules. He would do so again, too. My rules are what's important. He can find another person to look after him. There are tons of people at Leather that... would. The idea was perfect. There were a lot of dominants that were looking for a sweet submissive that would like their attention. He won't have to deal with my absurd rules, and he can pick out someone who he feels comfortable with. 

Jade couldn't believe he hadn't thought of the idea sooner. Putting the car back in park, he quickly opened his door and slid out, telling Jake to follow him back inside. The young man didn't question him, even though it seemed like he wanted to. Jade wasted no time in heading upstairs, calling his secretary to cancel his appointments for the day. When he hung up, he tossed his phone on his bed and quickly changed into a pair of comfortable leather pants and boots, then slid the device into his back pocket. 

He noticed Jake standing beyond his doorway when he straightened back up from tying the long laces on his boots. "Go to your room and get those tight jeans I bought you, as well as the silver scarf." Jade said. He wasn't sure if Jake was comfortable enough to go without a shirt, though. Not wanting to give him the option right away, as to not detract from his looks, Jade grabbed his own leather jacket and tossed it over his shoulder. He could just let him use it if he really needed to cover up a little. 

The tennis shoes he'd bought him didn't quite match the pants, but they were black, so they wouldn't be an eyesore in the dimly-lit club. When Jake returned, dressed as told, Jade nodded approvingly. "Good. Now let's go, I have somewhere special I'd like to take you." 

The look of excitement that he got from that statement had an uncomfortable feeling mixing with the butterflies already frantically looking for an escape route in his stomach. Jade shook his head, running a hand through his hair to try and relieve some of the building stress. When he felt a gentle tug on his right hand, his eyes snapped down to where Jake was hesitantly holding onto his hand with both of his own. Jade couldn't help his reaction. He narrowed his eyes, making Jake look down at their hands, then jump back with a gasp that sounded more like a whimper. 

Fuck. 

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to, I just, you look so stressed." Jake stuttered out as he tried to blink back tears. 

The man's sadness hurt Jade as much as it hurt himself. He couldn't let this keep happening, Jake needed someone who could dote on him and truly love him. He wasn't going to find such a person in Jade.

"Come on, A.J." Jade said as he held out his hand. 

Jake hesitated, taking several moments to consider his actions before he placed a shaky hand in Jade's proffered one. When Jade's strong fingers closed around Jake's and squeezed gently, he seemed to relax a slight amount. 

"Let's go." Jade said, tugging Jake out of his room and down the stairs. Instead of telling the young man to get in the car, he lifted him up, then buckled him in before closing his door. When they were finally on their way again, Jade glanced in the rearview mirror for a brief moment. He was nervous that what he was planning wouldn't work, but he knew that he could make it. He just had to find the right person. 

Pulling into a parking lot that definitely wasn't his workplace, Jade slid from the car and opened Jake's door. Helping him out, he locked the car, then took his hand and walked him inside. Jade was known well enough in the club, so he wasn't I.D.'d, nor was Jake, though the bouncer did eye him. Before they entered the main area, Jade stopped and turned to face Jake, putting his hands on the young man's shoulders and squeezing. 

"Jake, I want you to be open-minded here, alright? People are going to approach you and want to talk, or get you something. Only say yes to things that you feel comfortable with, okay? You don't have to say yes just because someone offers." 

Jade watched as Jake nodded a bit awkwardly, but he waited until the young man actually verbally confirmed his words before releasing his shoulders and moving one hand to the middle of his back. 

"If you get too overwhelmed, just come find me. I promise I won't go out of sight." 

Jake looked hesitant, but when Jade lead him through the double doors in front of them into a large, dimly-lit room with quiet classical music playing, he seemed to relax a little. Jade sent a silent thank you to the owner, who must have decided on the quieter music for the early crowd. There was a decent amount of people milling about in the large room, and some where even dancing to the slow music. It was a pleasant atmosphere. 

Looking down at Jake, Jade offered him an encouraging smile before nudging him forward. "Go hang out for a bit and relax." 

He knew that the guy would have trouble when he looked back at him with worried, confused eyes, but Jade just smiled wider and nudged him again. When Jake finally turned his attention to the room and began taking hesitant steps closer to the large, dark red sofas, Jade hopped up onto a bar stool and watched. He could already see people following Jake with his eyes, then meeting his own. 

The people that he trusted, he gave slight nods to, the others, he shook his head. A few people, he wasn't quite sure of, but he would watch them carefully, as they didn't seem to realize that Jake was under his care and permission was normally needed to go near who was under his protection. 

 As the time slowly past, Jake managed to find himself a seat and a few men had come and gone. A few got him drinks, though they were all juice or water, as he had no I.D. and was underaged. 

 When a young man that couldn't have been more than a few years older than Jake sat down beside him, Jade's eyes narrowed. He didn't know the man, but he was dressed well. In a pair of comfortable-looking black jeans, perfectly shined boots, and a matching black T-shirt. He looked pretty good without seeming too overbearing. 

As he watched their interactions, Jade was beginning to feel like he might have found the right person to look after Jake. It was hard to tell his hair or eye color in the darkness, or really any specific details, but he wasn't trying to grab Jake or get him into one of the back rooms like a few others had clearly been wanting to. 

When Jake looked over at him, Jade offered him a smile and nodded. He thought that the gesture would ensure Jake that it was okay to enjoy the man's company and garner some attention, but when Jake stood up and began heading over toward him, Jade pursed his lips. 

"What is it, A.J.?" He asked as he sipped at a small cup of beer he'd ordered earlier. 

The young man shifted awkwardly from foot to foot, making Jade reach up and press his hand to his cheek. "Calm down, A.J., and talk to me. What is bothering you?" 

It took Jake a moment to force himself to speak. "Adam asked if I wanted to... play, with him?" 

Ah. So that was it. 

"Tell him the truth. That you don't understand and would like it explained. If you aren't comfortable with what he tells you, decline. Tell him what you want."

Jake still seemed nervous, but he quickly thanked Jade and made his way back to who Jade now knew was named Adam. He wished he had a last name to put with it, as a lot of dom's used their last name as their first at the club, but he was content to just watch for the moment. 

When Jake settled back down on the couch next to Adam, Jade eyed them off and on. When he'd finished his drink and turned his attention back to them for a third time, he couldn't help but smile. Adam had Jake in his lap, but not in a provocative or perverted way. Jake was snuggled up against his chest, the man's arms wrapped snugly around him. Adam's head was ducked a little, as if he were whispering, and Jake... 

He's perfect. 

He hadn't seen Jake smile like he was right then since he'd gotten him. Even buying him clothing and food hadn't brought out such happiness as Adam's simple attention. 

"You okay, Jade? You look upset." The bartender asked as he refilled Jade's empty drink, his eyes glancing over to where Jade's narrowed eyes were focused. 

Snapping himself out of his daze, Jade looked over at the bartender and offered a smile. "Of course." He said as he tossed a few bills on the bar, then slid from his seat.

Walking over to Jake and Adam, Jade waited until the dominant saw him approaching, then offered his hand. Adam gave him a slight nod and reached out his free hand to shake it, while keeping his left arm wrapped firmly around Jake, his hand rubbing along his back gently. 

"Hello. My name is Jade." 

The man holding Jake blinked, his eyes widening in recognition of Jade's name. "Adam." He replied as he returned his right arm to wrap around Jake's back, hugging him a little closer. 

Jade watched the scene, noting that Jake seemed a little more nervous about being close to Adam in his presence. With a reassuring smile, Jade dropped down onto the sofa beside them and reached over to sift his fingers through Jake's soft hair. 

"It's okay, Jake. Do you like Adam's attention?" 

Even as he spoke, Jade could see Adam sending him small signals of possessiveness. He kept a firm hold on him and wouldn't turn at all to face him while Jade spoke. It was disrespectful, but Jade could understand. If he could have brought himself to allow Jake to get so close to him, and been okay with it, he would have not even dared to bring him to Leather. He would have kept him all to himself. 

"Yes sir." Jake replied nervously. 

He was tucking his face against Adam's neck, which slurred his words. Jade would have reprimanded him for it, but Adam only nuzzled against his soft hair and pressed a kiss to his forehead. 

A pang of jealousy poked at Jade's heart at how easy it was for Adam to give Jake so much physical attention, but he brushed it aside with an understanding nod, then stood. 

"Each member of this club has a verified address and phone number on file due to the background check performed before you can be a dominant. As Jake is under my protection, do I have your permission to use the address given on file to check in on him if you, for some reason, do not answer your phone within a day of a call? If you would like to see how things work between you two, Adam, I would be okay with you caring for him for a few days. I would want to meet with you again at the end of the week, though. Would that be a problem?" 

Adam seemed surprised, but hurried to shake his head as he replied. "No. I can meet with you whenever I'm not working and you may come to my address if I miss calls to check on him." 

Jade nodded and they exchanged numbers, as he could get the address from the owner if needed, then Jade turned his attention to a confused looking Jake. He was peeking up at him with wary eyes, but Jade knew that he would agree to go with Adam. He already had his arms wrapped around the man's neck and was nuzzling against him, even if he didn't seem to realize it. 

"Jake, Adam has offered to look after you for a little while. Would you be okay with that?" He asked. An urge to reach out and touch the younger man welled up in his chest, but as Jake nodded, Jade buried the feeling and smiled. 

"Alright. If you need anything, or need me to come get you, call the number I gave him. In fact, call me every night with the phone I gave you. That won't be an issue, right Adam?" 

The other dominant shook his head. "That won't be a problem. He'll call you every night at nine o'clock." 

Jade nodded, then gave Jake a gentle pat on the head. "As I'm sure you can tell, Jake needs quite a bit of food to get back to a healthy weight and I need to add that he is not a trained submissive, just a sweet young man who would love some attention and care. I bought a lot of clothing, food, and vitamins for him, so when he calls later tonight, we can discuss a time to meet so that I can give you those things." 

"That would be appreciated, and I will make sure that he is fed well until he decides on what he wants to do in the long term." Adam said, making Jade relax a little. His decision to come to Leather had been a little spur-of-the-moment, but he hoped that it would actually work out. 

"I'm going to head to work now. I will talk to you both tonight." 

With that, Jade turned and forced himself to walk away. He didn't feel like he failed, but he also didn't feel like he'd given it his best try. Or at least, he didn't feel like his best had been good enough for Jake. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4M 331K 43
Book 1 HomeLess Book 2 ReckLess Book 3 SenseLess Being homeless isn't the end of the world. At least, that's what Zachary thought when he found himse...
2.1K 194 6
In a perfect world Romeo Blythwood would have grown up somewhere down south in a nice white picket fence home with two loving nurturing parents, a bi...
7.3K 142 55
Two broken souls in the midst of a crazy world. Two souls running away from their past. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel was c...
3.7M 133K 94
Black Moon Series Book #3 Warning: #Mature #Gay #Triggering You shouldn't read this story before you have read at least I Would Give Him The Moon as...