Just A Slave (John Laurens x...

By HowSmashing

Y/N spent the early years of her life scrubbing floors and serving the wealthy. The least to say was that she... More

Chapter One
Kapitulli I Tretë (Albanian)
Mi'irafi ārati (Amharic)
Alfasl Alkhamis (Arabic)
Sei Kapitulua (Basque)
Chapitre Sept (French)
Capítulo Oito (Galician)
Bab Sangang (Javanese)
Kapitola Deset (Czech)
Kabanata Labing (Filipino)
Author's Note
Capítulo Doce (Galician) Christmas and Hanukkah Update!
Author's Note

Chapter Two

5.5K 148 365
By HowSmashing

{Hey! I know some of you probably are confused about the title, you should have read the Introduction if you are. For every update, the chapter title will be the chapter number in a different language. Enjoy.}

Y/N glanced nervously around as the young man she felt safest around led her into a crowded, musty smelling bar. She jumped at every laugh and shout echoing around the cramped, yet lively space occupied by waitresses and rowdy men. John led her to two vacant bar stools and pulled out one of the cushioned seats for her, a sweet smile on his handsome features.

The young woman smiled in response as sat down, allowing him to push her stool back into the bar. Once he had done so, he sat down himself and ordered two beers for her and himself. Y/N half smiled and nodded at the bartender as he slid the two overfilled glasses down the bar. John caught them before the slid off the end of the bar and slid one of them towards h/c haired woman he already felt fondness towards.

"To your freedom and safety." He announced as he lifted his alcohol and raised it towards her.

Y/N laughed and lifted hers, gently clinking it against his and replying cheerfully.

"If freedom means working for you until my last breath, then I guess thats close enough." 

She stated before resting the glass to her lips and downing a large portion of her beer.

John frowned and set his glass down, a confused expression on his attractive features.

"No Y/N, I meant that you're free. I don't believe in slavery even if it's a 'work off debts,' plan."

He replied softly before lifting his drink up once more and sipping from it, which was unusual considering his specialty was immense drinking.

Y/N set her glass down with a loud clunk, a shocked look on her beautiful features.

"Thats not funny John, you don't joke about someones freedom."

She snapped before pushing her drink away from her, the surprised expression replaced by annoyance and anger.

He slammed his glass down as well, a serious look on his features as he quickly responded.

"I'm not one to joke about subjects such as this Y/N, I speak the truth."

John watched her, agitated by her rude and sudden claim. Y/N glared back defensively before pausing and exhaling heavily as she traced her finger around the rim of her glass.

"Are you... are you sure about this? You spent a lot more than necessary for me."

Y/N replied as she shifted nervously on her bar stool, suddenly beginning to feel uncomfortable by all the rowdy men and women around her. John noticed her discomfort and quickly stood up, his drink long forgotten. The young maidservant watched him as he did so, and repeated his actions. The freckled male swallowed thickly before speaking as he offered his arm.

"I am quite sure missy, and I believe we should discuss this somewhere more... secluded if that makes you more comfortable."

She smiled at his respectful tone towards her, considering she was used to being yelled at and bossed around. He grinned childishly in response and took another step towards her, playfully flapping his extended arm up and down and wiggling his eyebrows at her. Y/N giggled and nodded before wrapping her own arm around his, allowing him to gently secure his arm around hers and lead her slowly, but steadily out of the bar.

He made inappropriate, and brash gestures as he passed drunken men attempting to seduce uninterested women. This caused Y/N to cover her mouth in attempt to cover her grins and laughs. John continued to do so until the almost reached the exit, he would have continued if the young woman clinging to his arm hadn't suddenly been yanked away and dragging into the seething mass of intoxicated men.

"Y/N! Y/N! Where are you?"

John yelled into the crowd, violently shoving and pushing his way into the rough group of males smacking and groping each other in attempt to start fights. As for Y/N, she has been pushed up against the wall with a hand clamped firmly on her mouth. She screamed and squirmed but the man pinning her had a surprising iron grip.

"Quiet unless you want me to cut out your tongue and mount it on a wall."

The huge male snapped as he hurriedly bound her hands, using his shoulder to keep her firmly planted against the wall. Y/N stopped struggling abruptly after his threat, tears forming in the corner of her e/c eyes. By now she had figured out her captor was a British soldier by the fashion of his clothes and the way he spoke. As soon as her hands were tightly bound together, the soldier shoved a small cloth in her mouth the silence her and pushed her through the seething mass of rowdy males.

As she was shoved along, Y/N looked around desperately trying to catch John's eye. She occasionally stopped abruptly and pretended to trip to slow down the soldier violently jabbing her spine with the butt of his knife.

'Why would a soldier come for me? What have I done to deserve this?'

Y/N thought as time felt as if it was slowing down due to her fear for the British soldier. The loud noises slowly died down around her until she could only hear the sound of her ragged breathing, and the beating of her heart in her ears. The thumping of her flats against the wood flooring was slightly audible while people moved in slow motion around her.

'King George.' 

She suddenly thought as she drew in another shaky breath, the beating of her heart getting louder and louder.

'He never gives up what he believes belongs to him, I have seen it in person.'

"Move your scrawny ass."

The British male hissed in her ear as he shoved aside a drunken noble that staggered in their path. Y/N ignored the command, the adrenaline coursing in her veins slowing down time in her mind.

'He hung my mother when she started a strike, giving the other slaves motivation to rebel against him.'

Y/N thought, the time slowing effect starting to fade due to her emotions suddenly going blank due to shock and extreme horror.

'He's going to kill everybody in my bloodline... I survived the first time... but it is simply because my father and sisters were foolish and reckless.'

An empty beer mug flew mere inches past her face and smashed into the wall, causing the fragile glass to shatter and rain razor sharp shards over a group of shrieking waitresses.

'I'm going to die... because of this fucking freak of a king that throws deadly tantrums for his own benefit.'

She inhaled sharply as the soldier jabbed her lower back once more as they reached the exit. Y/N quickly spun around, last effort hope shinning in her e/c eyes as she searched the crowd for the man that had saved her the first time. The soldier yelled in a garbled tone, or at least thats what it sounded like to Y/N, as he smacked her firmly across the face. Just as she hit the floor, a loud yell that sounded similar to a battle cry echoed around the small bar, grabbing everyones attention.

For the first time that evening, the bar was dead silent. Her British captor looked around, annoyance and frustration evident in his sharp features. Y/N tried to sit up, but the soldier firmly planted his boot on the back of her head, forcing her back down onto the ground face first. She let out a muffled squeak as she struggled to breathe against the gag which now covered her nose partially.

'What the hell? What was that?'

Y/N thought nervously as she glanced around, it was no help considering all she could see was calves and shoes. Suddenly, a large form of a male shot past at frightening speed and slammed into her captor, effectively removing his foot that had been firmly planted on Y/N's head. She blinked dizzily as the noise began as loud as it was before, and shapes darted and stomped all around her.

The young woman groaned as she was helped up by a stranger. As she shakily regained her balance the foreign man before her removed her bondage and gag swiftly.

"Thank you, I owe you my life mister."

She stated respectfully as she sloppily curtsied before him.

"Actually, it is my associate you should be thanking."

A heavily French accented voice replied smoothly. Y/N was shocked by the exquisitely attractive man before her. He was quite tall, moderately muscled, and had tan skin along with coffee brown eyes. Overall, he passed the hotness test in Y/N's mind. He smiled at her for a moment before rapidly introducing himself, his charming accent very distracting.

"Forgive me for not introducing myself before, call me Lafayette and my compainion's name is Hercules."

He gestured to the dark skinned, heavily muscled man behind her currently beating the British soldier's lights out. Y/N blinked, surprised that she hadn't noticed the gruesome fight behind her. The hulking male finished the soldier off by smashing him into the floor with his fists before walking over and nodding to Y/N as if nothing had happened.

"Y/N! Y/N!"

The voice she most wanted to hear echoed through the room as the owner made his way over. Y/N gasped and ran over to him, slamming into him as he crushed her in a bone crushing embrace.

"Are you hurt? Did that British bastard hurt you?"

John spoke fearfully as he checked her over for injuries. The young woman wiped away her tears and laughed shakily before hugging him once more.

"I'm fine, just a few bruises."

John smiled at her before noticing the two males watching from behind, their cocky grins annoying him.
"

So... you two real close?"

Hercules teased as he girlishly swung his hips as he slowly approached them, a huge cheeky grin on his handsome features. Lafayette simply smirked as he watched his friend mess with the two.

"What? No! You're an idiot!"

John snapped while Y/N giggled and blushed deeply, causing him to blush as well. Hercules made childish kissing noises as he hugged himself and swayed slightly, causing the Frenchman behind him to laugh.

"I see you've already met my 'friends.'

The caramel skinned male stated, moving his middle and index finger in a quote on quote fashion. Hercules frown in mock offense before replying.

"That's not very friendlike of you Johnny."

He whined teasingly as he took a few steps back to stand beside Lafayette, who simply rolled his eyes and spoke in a serious tone.

"As amusing as that topic was, we have word from Hamilton,"

He paused to glare at Hercules who was currently humping the air behind John, causing the green eyed male to turn around, and smack him upside the head.

"We told him that John went to the slave auction to retrieve you Miss Y/N."

Y/N frowned before replying in a curious tone.

"Why me? There were plenty of girls there as well, and how did he know it was me?"

She asked, jerking her thumb at John who rolled his eyes at the odd gesture.

"I am getting there Miss, let me explain why we specifically came for you."

Y/N nodded and leaned slightly against John, who blushed in embarrassment at the proximity while Hercules continued to make sexual gestures behind them.

"Your mother was a spy for the patriot cause before the King hanged her, he did not kill her for rebelling, he killed her for treason against British athority."

Y/N's e/c eyes widened as she listened, shock and awe readable on her features.

"So that concludes to this request for you, one commanded by General Washington himself."

Lafayette paused once more and snapped at the immature male behind John and Y/N.

"Mulligan, it was amusing the first few minutes, now would be a good time to realize you're and adult."

Hercules laughed and moved back over to the agitated Frenchman, a sheepish expression on his face as he clasped his hands behind his back. Lafayette glared at him for a moment before clearing his throat and turning back to the young female.

"As I was saying, Y/N L/N, will you replace your mother and be willing to risk your life for the Patriot cause?"

Y/N and the three males were silent, the noise and bustle of the bar around them seemed like background noise. Y/N inhaled and exhaled heavily before staring straight into Lafayette's eyes, fierce determination in her e/c ones.

"I will risk my life for the Patriot cause, and I will be loyal till' I draw my last breath."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.1K 2.8K 42
Just your average, typical, basic, modern AU; Alexander just moved to New York and got a scholarship to kings college and meets his roommate, who he...
242K 7.5K 37
[Y/N], Daughter of King George III, who got sent to America for unspecified reasons. Sent with many guards, many people hate her. But can someone lik...
173 4 11
Thomas Jefferson, A man almost made of money. How did he earn that money? He didn't. Others worked for him and made it. Of course what he and the oth...
118K 3.5K 11
Unedited: When the new kid, Alexander Hamilton, comes to town. The whole town seemed to fall victim to his intelligent eyes and hunger-pang frame. Jo...