poison.「closed」

By -Mimiso

❝Sshh - don't tell anyone❞ ... More

ⅰ | prologue
ⅱ | rules
ⅲ | slots
ⅳ | form
ⅴ | white snakeroot
ⅵ | where it all began
ⅷ | monsters over humans
ⅸ | devils helmet
ⅹ | angels trumpet

ⅶ | the oleander

469 39 158
By -Mimiso

✾ROSE✾
-main rapper-
-face of the group-
「ρσιςοη」

full name » Kim Jang Mi

nicknames » Little J, Aerobics teacher, Human Megaphone, Musical Prodigy, Phoenix

stage name » Rose

date of birth » February 14, 1996

ethnicity » Korean

nationality » South Korean

birthplace » ​Suncheon, South Korea

height » 172 cm

weight » 51 kg

blood type » A

welcome rose to poison

I shudder as snowflakes fall around me and the cold winter air freezes my hands.

It's been at least half an hour since I've been standing outside like this and I'm surprised my fingers haven't fallen off. I'm waiting for a yellow taxi to come and collect me, so that I can go and meet the other members of my group in Seoul.

When I first heard of the news that I would be in Poison I didn't want to believe it. I mean, I'm not perfect in singing and dancing yet and no matter how good people say I am, I won't believe it - no one is ever good enough.

I was happy, and I still am, but I'm afraid the members won't like me, or I'm not going to be talented enough. Happiness is only round the corner when you see its shadow, and then it disappears.

I blow out a sigh and mist drifts around me. A taxi appears out of the blue and I almost scream as it pulls up beside me, making an extra cold gust of wind blow up my coat and sneak through the rips in my jeans.

As I open the back door to the taxi I see a girl sitting in the back and Manager Shin at the front with the driver. A glass pane separates us from the front seats, and I pull it up to shake hands with Manager Shin. He looks up and stares at my hand awkwardly.

❝Oh, Miss Kim 2.0, I see you're here. Now get in the back with Haru. We have a three and a half hour drive to Seoul so please hurry up and sit down, we have business to take care of and four other ladies to meet.❞ He doesn't accept my hand shake and I sit down beside the pale, brown haired girl, pulling the glass pane back down. I pull my black suitcase in between my legs and place my hands on top of it.

❝Don't worry, he's always rude like that. It's his charm, I guess,❞ the girl sitting beside me smirks. She looks over at me and flashes a billion dollars smile. ❝I'm Kim Haru, who are you?❞

❝Kim Jangmi, rapper and Pledis trainee from Suncheon,❞ I say, flashing my own grin and trying to make it even more beautiful than hers.

❝Oh, Kim Jongin's sister?❞ she asks.

❝Yeah,❞ I mutter - I bet she's comparing me now.

❝Oh, well, I always thought rappers were a bit hotter than dancers,❞ she says without thought, looking away from me and staring out the window.

For some reason her comment makes me smile even more and an unusual bubbling of happiness fills in me.

Around an hour passes, Haru is still staring out the window and I'm scrolling through Facebook on my phone. Fields and buildings flash by us as the car speeds on and Haru hums a tune under her breath. The snow still falls and covers the landscape in a melting white.

Haru bangs on the glass pane and lifts it up, murmering to Manager Shin, ❝Shin Papa,❞ Manager Shin gives her a dark glare, ❝I have to pee. Like really badly. Can we stop at a petrol station or something, because if we don't I have a feeling we're going to have to walk the rest of the way to Seoul because the taxi driver threw us out due to a very wet seat.❞ Manager Shin nods and tells the taxi driver to stop at the next station.

The car eventually pulls up beside the small glass building beside the petrol station, and Haru climbs out of the car. I grab some money from my suitcase, stuffing into my back pocket and hurry after her.

We walk into the small shop as Manager Shin and the taxi driver finds a spot to park, Haru hurrying off to the toilet as I wander around the beauties that are my babies - also known as food.

I end up grabbing a packet of Chocolate Corn and some dry seaweed, just as Haru struts back out of the toilets.

❝Ooh, there's a mini café here, I wanna eat something fresh,❞ she announces, and without even asking me if I want to go to the café myself, she flounders over to its counter, stares at the chalkboard with the very few serving options available, and then starts speaking to the lady behind counter.

I sigh, pay for my snacks at the cashier and then stalk over to Haru. She's sitting at a two person table far from the window, sipping a cup of coffee and nibbling at a not very fresh looking croissant.

I think about asking her to hurry up so that we don't need to pay so much for the taxi, but end up opening my packet of Chocolate Corn and slumping down onto the chair in front of her, not caring much about the money.

❝Are you happy to be in Poison, Jangmi?❞ Haru suddenly asks, not looking up from her cup of coffee.

❝Yeah, I guess,❞ I mutter, biting my teeth down on a half eaten piece of chocolate corn.

❝Isn't it weird, that all of a sudden they're putting six rebellious girls into one group,❞ she says, finally looking up at me with a dark look in her eyes. I realise she's gone dead serious. ❝I mean, yeah, it's brilliant, or at least it was at the start but now I'm suspicious. Also Shin's hiding the hate from me, and I bet all our other managers are keeping it from the other members too.❞

At first I think of telling her not to call me rebellious, but then remember the fact that I am - and I'm proud of it. ❝Just be happy, and appreciate the moment,❞ I snap, more forcefully than I intended.

❝Oookay - don't wanna go there, aye? Scared of all the hate? Scared of failing? How you're never going to be good enough?❞ She looks at me in anger and my mood sinks deeper as her words flood in. Then her look softens, almost becomes fearful, and she whispers, ❝Me too.❞

For a moment we just stare at each other, in our silent, yet screaming, whirlpool of questions and emotions, how we both don't know what's going on and how we don't know what's going to happen in the future and how this is all absurd.

And then the moment shatters and I'm getting up from my chair, marching off to the door of the shop and going back to the taxi, without a single word of goodbye.

Back then I didn't know that Kim Haru would end up being my best friend.

♡♡♡

+ Yay, so welcome golden_maknaee. Your form was brilliant and your character was well formed and not perfect and I loved it SOOOOO MUCH! <3

+ Sorry to magsandzoey, whos form we actually really liked, and RainDrop-13-. I know you both worked very hard an your form and I am really sorry you weren't accepted. Please look forward to your trainee moments. :)

+ And now to all other appliers: please comment on this chapter

+ On the last chapter even people who had spammed before didn't and not everyone told me what they thought of the chapter, some didn't even answer my questions at the end. IF YOU WANT TO BE PART OF THIS APPLYFIC THEN BE FREAKING ACTIVE

+ I've decided that the more the unaccepted appliers comment, the more screentime their character is going to be getting. Maybe I'll even make a special teaser chapter from their point of view so that they'll know how much I appreciate their support, and same to the accepted appliers. (Though so far they are all being active <3)

+ So now to anyone who has applied or ones who have already been accepted: Comment five times on this chapter unless you ARE NO LONGER PART OF THIS STORY

+ I hope I have made myself clear ;-; And don't bash me for saying this, I'm just really stressed and I nearly started crying in school today because the stress just caught up with me, so please PLEASE just support me. A few kind words don't take money or blood

+ (Sorry if I was in a bad mood in this chapter, I promise to try and be happy all the other times I write this book :')

-mimi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151 29 27
*trigger warning: mentions of vomiting, self-harm, abuse, rape, traumatic memories, blood and a lot of other stuff I added because all my friends enj...
15.7K 957 31
" 𝐍𝐨𝐰𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 " " 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐮𝐬 " 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ******* Y/N Singh...
49 1 16
TXT Fanfic Things don't end well after one night, which has changed things forever. --- Do not say I warned you. This story contains descriptions of...
359 68 47
We live in a society filled with technology where you barely see people nor their true side. With the need to escape reality you find Kai. Even so li...