The pain is real

By gwenfanatic

Blake and Gwen go through the hardest thing any couple can go through. Will it tear them apart? Can they move... More

White house
New House Big Step
How do you cope
True heart break

Overwhelmed

526 8 1
By gwenfanatic

We finally are totally moved into the new house. The boys absolutely love it. To say life is crazy is an understatement. Thank god I have Lizzy to help me keep my life together. This week I have tapings of the voice to do and my last two shows of my tour are this weekend. Not to mention the Halloween carnival at the boys school. It's a lot on my plate, but I know I'll get through it all I always do. Blake is being very over protective of me since I told him about the baby. He wouldn't let me help with the move other than to tell everyone where things should go. I know it's cause he cares but I'm not used to it at all and I have been getting frustrated. Last night I went to bed mad at him and when I woke up he was already gone to work. I laid in bed and cried. My hormones, the boys, Gavin, the move, and now fighting with Blake. Saying I'm overwhelmed doesn't even begin to explain how I feel! Suddenly I hear a tiny knock and voice on the other side of my door.

"Momma. Bwakey . Up?"

"I'm in here baby come in."

A curly haired little boy comes running in and jumps on the bed beside me. He breaks into a coughing fit. The doctor said it was just a virus, so we just take Tylenol and wait it out. He lays down and cuddles into me. One of my favorite things, the other involving a certain cute cowboy. Apollo looks to the bathroom...

"Bwakey momma?" Apollo looks at me concerned

"Blakey had to go to work early baby." He starts to tear up and I know just how he feels.

I hate that he left this morning without kissing me goodbye or letting me say sorry. He has been hounding me about getting enough sleep. I know that probably is the reason he didn't wake me up but I hate leaving things this way.

"Momma I want Bwakey!" Tears are pouring down his face and my heart breaks

"You want to FaceTime him baby?"

"Pwease momma!"

I grab my phone off the side table and pull up his number. I hit the FaceTime button and wait for the ring. Part of me is scared he won't answer but part of me knows he would never miss a chance to see me even if we are mad. It rings a little longer than normal and my stomach sinks.

"Hey sunshine! Did you sleep good babe?"

"Bwakey!!!!!!" Apollo yells behind his pacifier that I now take out of his mouth.

"Hey little man!" His face lights up

"Miss you bwakey." Apollo pouts "come home pwease"

"Aww buddy I have to work for a couple hours. I wish I could come home but I promise I'll come home right after work ok buddy?"

"Otay. Miss you." He leans forward and kisses the phone before he flops down on the bed

"Hey cowboy"

"Hey how's my sunshine?"

Tear start falling down my face "Blake I'm sorr.."

"Gwen shhh don't cry sunshine and don't you dare apologize. You have nothing to be sorry for!"

"But Blake I was a total jerk to you last night! I hate that we went to bed fighting and then I woke up and you were gone. I was so scared Blake."

"Gwen I am so sorry you thought I left. I would never leave you! You have a lot on your plate and your pregnant. Gwen you have every right to not be 100% all the time."

"Blake I love you! More than you could possibly know"

"I have an idea cause that's exactly how much I love you Gwen! I gotta finish this recording sunshine, but I'll be home as soon as I can ok?"

"Ok cowboy I'll be waiting" I tell him blowing a kiss
...............................................................................................................................................
I'm in the living room with the boys watching tv, when I hear the door open and the keys hitting the bowl. I jump up off the couch and round the corner. I surprise Blake by jumping into his arms. I missed him so much. Not sleeping cuddled together and then him working the bigger part of the day makes it seem like forever since I've been in his arms. We stand there in the doorway his arms around my waist and my arms as tight I can wrapped around his neck, my head stuffed into the crook of his neck. I could stand here the rest of the night, I'm back in my safe place. Next thing I know we are brought back to reality by a little voice coming our way.

"Momma. Where you momma?"

"In here baby!" I tell him

"BWAKEY!!!!!!!!" He cries running to him as fast as he can

He literally jumps into Blake's arms hugging him as tight as his little body will let him.

"I told you I was gonna come home buddy. I ALWAYS keep my promises. Ok buddy? Always." Blake tells him, making tear pool in my eyes.

He is an amazing man. He came into the journey knowing I had kids and instead of being the "step-dad" he took it upon himself to be the father these kids deserve. To see the love my kids have for him and the love he has for the kids overflows my heart.

"Cowboy what are your thought on the boys spending the night with Jen and Todd?"

Still holding Apollo, he smiles big and wraps his free hand around my waist kissing the top of my head.

"I would be very happy about that!" He bends down and whispers in my ear "and I haven't had my way with you in a couple days. It's long over due!"

I just giggle and blush getting my phone out to text Jenn.
..............................................................................................................................................
Jenn just picked up the boys and I'm watching my cowboy cook us dinner. He sings while he is cooking and I absolutely love it. I'm literally the luckiest girl to have this man apart of my life. I was such a jerk last night and the look he gave me getting into bed. It kills me to know I put that hurt look on his face. I'm determined to make it up to him tonight. He is dishing the food onto the plates and carries them into the dinning room.

"Blake baby I'm sorry about last night."

"Gwen I told you to forget about it you have nothing to apologize for."

"Babe yes I do. I was wrong to snap at you like I did. I'm even more sorry for letting us go to bed without saying sorry."

"I slept horrible last night." He says looking at his plate

I cup his cheek with my hand making him look at me "Cowboy I haven't slept that bad since you moved in. I was kicking myself all night for being so stubborn. All I wanted to curl up with you. Let's make a promise to each other Blake. Let's promise to never go to bed mad or upset with each other."

"Deal sunshine. How bout we eat this up and make our way upstairs?"

"Sounds like the perfect idea!"
...............................................................................................................................................
Blake and I are in bed thing are getting hot and heavy and just as he is about to take me my phone rings. I huff but being a mom I know I have to look to see who it is. My mom senses kicking in, I knew before I saw that it was Jen and something was up.

"Hello"

"Hey Gwen something is wrong with Apollo. He is burning up and won't stop crying."

"How long has he been like this?" I ask her getting up and pulling clothes on, Blake does the same as I know he can hear the conversation.

"Like maybe a hour. He was a little warm right after we got here but it's only gotten worse. I knew he had that cough so I figured it was just viral but I'm not so sure now Gwen."

"We will be there in 15 mins we are leaving now." I hang up.

Blake grabs the keys as we sprint out the door. Sitting in the car we are holding hands, more like clinging to each other. We had gone to the doctor three days ago but they reassured us it was a virus but now mom instincts are telling me it worse. Blake looks over and sees the tears I can't hold back. He squeezes my hand...

"Gwen he is gonna be ok."

"I shouldn't have sent him to Jens. I should have know he was sicker than the doctors said. I'm his mom for gods sake."

"Gwen you didn't see this coming, you couldn't have. We are going to him now and take care of him babe ok? He is gonna be ok."

I wrap my arms around Blake's arm and hold on until we pull into Jens driveway. We both practically jump out of the car and head to the front door. Jen is already there with the door open.

"Where is he?" I ask her needing to see my baby right now.

"Todd has him in the living room."

I go to my baby who bursts into sobs as soon as he sees me. Blake gets his bag, his pacifier and favorite blanket. We tell the other boys bye and that we will get them tomorrow, as we are leaving King grabs Blake's hand...

"Blake"

"Yeah buddy what's up?" We look at what has become our son and sees the fear and tears falling from his face.."aww buddy it's ok. We are taking him to the doctor. He is gonna be ok. I'm gonna make sure of that ok?" Blake reassures him

"Can you tell aunt Jen what's happening so she can tell us?"

"Of course buddy." Blake tells him wrapping him up in a hug
..............................................................................................................................................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 8.5K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
613K 13.8K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

120K 2.8K 43
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
477K 17.2K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...