Fallin' For Her

Oleh murphyyy_xo

At the age of 16 heading to college. This is a huge step for Lex. After finally settling in will an unexpecte... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1.
Chaper 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chaper 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55
Author's Note

Chapter 51.

588 14 0
Oleh murphyyy_xo

Alexa's POV

It's been a year since I last saw everyone. I'm still attending college and Mal and I are top scorers like before. We're still together and I fall in love with her more and more everyday. I got a job in the local cafe down the street from my dorm so I work a lot of hours to pay for the things I need. I got a new phone too, seeing as I never got my old one back. The national team are coming here for a game today and Mal got us tickets. I don't want to go but I want to make her happy so I decided to go. They've been in L.A. for the last week but I haven't gone to see them train or anything. I still have an hour left my shift at work before Mal comes and pick me up. The door opens and a group of people come in. I had my back turned to them but once I heard them laugh I knew it was them. I slowly turned and looked at them. Hope, Kelley, Ashlyn, Carli, Emily and Ali were all there. Emily saw me and ran to me. I picked her up and spun her around.

"I missed you so much. Where have you been?"
"I'm sorry Em. I just needed some space."

She got down from my arms and walked back to them. I looked up and saw them all staring at me. I gave them a nod and a small smile and went back to taking orders. I went into the back and grabbed what people ordered. I walked back out and handed them their things. I looked over at Marge, the other waitress on, and she was too busy so I'm stuck taking their orders. I slowly walked up to their table and grabbed my pen. I felt them look at me but I kept me eyes on my pad.

"The regulars? and a hot chocolate for Emily?"
"Yes but instead of a coffee for Carli make it a tea."
"Since when do you drink tea Carli?"
"Since I'm pregnant."
"Oh. I'll be right back with your orders."

I quickly walked to the back to get their orders. After ten minutes they were all finished and I put them on a tray. I carefully walked back and handed them their orders. I walked back to the counter and grabbed a muffin for Emily. I walked over and gave it to her.

"It's a late birthday present. If you're allowed, tomorrow I'll take you shopping for a bigger present if you'd like?"
"Oh mommy can I?"
"Am yeah sure. I'll give Lex my number and she can call when she's free. How does that sound Lex?"
"Grand. I better get back to work. I'll see you at the game later."
"Are you coming?"
"Am yeah. Mal got tickets and is making me. I won't if you don't want me too. She can always take a friend."
"Don't be silly. Of course we want you there Alexa. We haven't seen or heard for you in so long."
"See you there so. Bye Em."
"Bye Lexi."

I kissed her cheek and walked away. I went into the bathroom to clean up. The door opened and Hope and Kelley walked in. I saw them through the mirror and mentally cursed.

"Stall three is out of order and I'm nearly done cleaning and then I'll be out of your way."
"We wanted to talk."
"I'm working."
"Well then how about after the game you come back with us to the hotel for dinner and catch up with the rest of the team and then we'll talk."
"I'll have Mal."
"She can come."
"Why do you want to talk? So we can start another argument?"
"No we just want to catch up."
"I'm alive and well as you can see. I am on the u20 team and I'm captain. I'm top scorer on the soccer team here alongside Mal. I have a 95% average in all my classes and I'm graduating next month with a teaching degree. I'm leaving for Chicago next month for a teaching job. There we caught up. Now if you'll excuse me my shift is about to end and I've to go collect my girlfriend to bring her to her dream game."

I stormed out of the bathroom and went into the staff room. I grabbed my bag and walked out. I waved to Emily as I walked out. On my way back to the dorm I heard my name. I turned and saw Kling and Moe running towards me. 

"If it isn't the troublesome duo. How are youdoing? I haven't seen you in ages."
"We missed you baby Solo."
"I missed you too. So, excited for the game tonight?"
"Nervous but grand. Are you coming?"
"Yeah. My girlfriend got us tickets and I didn't want to disappoint her and not go because of everything so now I'm going."
"Girlfriend, eh? Will we get to meet her?"
"Not a hope so don't try anything. Okay. KlingenMoe?"
"Hey!"
"I love you."
"Whatever. We'll see you later with your girlfriend okay? Stay safe."
"I will. Kick ass and score a goal for me."
"Oh we will."

I laughed and hugged them goodbye. I walked back to the dorm and saw Mal sitting on the couch with her jersey on. I walked in and kissed her cheek and ran to the bedroom. I threw on my jersey with Lloyd 10 on the back. I looked at myself and smiled at my jersey. I grabbed my AK snapback and put it on. I walked back out to Mal and she stood up.

"Ready babe?"
"Yes. Cmon so."

We walked out to her car and drove to the stadium. We were early. When we arrived the girls were justing walking into the dressing room. Emily saw me and ran towards me. I picked her up and put her on my back and gave her a piggy back back to her mothers before they freak out. Mal laughed the whole way. Emily giggled as I tickled her.

"There you are. Emily you know not to run off like that. Hey Lex."
"Hey Al."
"Sorry Mommy but I'm just so happy to see Lexi again. I missed her."
"I know babe. Nice hat Lex."
"Thanks. It's yours actually. I'll give it back to you after the game."
"Keep it."
"Thanks. Where is she sitting during the game?"
"In the box with security. She's a little nervous, will you go up?"
"Am okay."
"Thank you so much. Come into the dressing room and catch up with some of the girls."
"I'll wait outside with Mal and then take Emily."
"Alright. I'll tell them you're here so and cheering us on."

I smiled. I took Mal's hand and intertwined our fingers and held Emily with my other hand. We followed Ali all the way to the locker room but stayed outside. Mal took Emily to the bathroom so I was alone in the bathroom. The locker room door opened and Pinoe came out. She jumped when se saw and screamed. She ran and jumped on me causing us to fall. I laughed and she gripped onto me tightly.

"Why Pinoe? Why not hug me normally?"
"Because where's the fun in that."

I laughed and she helped me up. She practically dragged me into the dressing room. It went silent when she pushed me in. I fell and landed right in front of Tobin's locker.

"Hey Tobs."
"Don't hey Tobs me. Where the hell have you been?"
"Living my life. Speaking if which I should get back to."
"Not so fast there girl. We still have two hours until kickoff so you're going explain as to why you didn't tell any of us where you were. Your mothers were worried sick about you and looked for you in every city we've been to."
"I didn't have my phone. I wanted a clean start and that's what I got. I'm happier than I've ever been."

I looked around the room and looked at everyone. They all gave me sad smiles. I made eye contact with Carli and kept it.

"You were all obviously better off without me so I thought why come back. They're all happy. Carli especially seeing as she's pregnant. It was a win win at life. So, if you'll excuse me I have my live to get back to."

I walked out of the room and slammed the door shut behind me. Mal and Emily jumped with the fright. I looked at Mal and she looked concerned. They stood up and we walked to the box so we could get our seats. Two hours later it was kickoff but the team was off form. All their play was messed up and Hope left in three goals in the first half alone. They kept looking up towards us. I finally got fed up and stood up. I made eye contact with Hope and Kelley and my eyes watered. I looked down at Mal. 

"I can't be here. I'll be outside. Enjoy the game and make sure you get anything you want signed. I love you."

She nodded. I walked out of the stadium and sat on the bench. I put my head in my hands and started crying. I heard the sound of cleats hitting the gravel. I looked up and saw Hope and Kelley make their way towards me.

"What are you doing here? You are in the middle of an important game."
"Some things are more important and Jill knows that."

I looked away from them and back down at the ground. They sat at either side of me. I lifted my head and looked straight ahead.

"We were never going to be okay were we?"
"I guess not but we're definitely willing to try mend this if you are."

I looked at Hope. She looked old and tired. I looked over at Kelley and she looked the exact same. I took one of each other hands.

"I want my family back."

Hope let go and hugged me tight. My eyes watered and I felt the top of  my  head get wet. I started crying and then we were all crying. After a few we calmed and I looked at Kelley. I kept a hold of her hand and squeezed it. She gave me a half smile and kissed my head. I leaned against her side and looked at Mom. She was staring at me.

"Something bugging you?"
"Yes."
"What?"
"Why do you keep forgiving me after I hurt you?"
"Although you are a right aul pain in  my backside at the end of the day you're still my mom and I love you. No amount of arguments and fall outs will change how I feel about you. You will need to earn your trust back."
"I know. I'm going to try my hardest. I've lost you too many times."
"I love you, Mom."

She cried and I hugged her. People started filling out of the stadium so we went back into the locker room. It was empty. I sat next to Mom and put my head against her shoulder. I felt my phone buzz and I pulled it out. It was a text from Mal.

I have to leave for Colorado tonight. My mom called saying my Dad's home from Iraq. I should be back in two weeks. I love you. Have fun with your mom x

I smiled and out phone back in my pocket. The team started filling in and their faces lit up when they saw me. They came over and hugged me. Carli walked right past me and mom came over and put her hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her.

"She's beating herself up."
"Mom?"
"Yes?"
"Can I stay with you tonight? Mal's gone home for a while."
"Of course. You go talk to Carli. She won't listen to any of us."

I hugged her and walked over to Carli. She was sitting in her locker staring at he ground. I bent down and put my hands on her knees. She looked up at me and frowned. I stood up and stuck out my hand to her. She took it and I brought her out of the locker room out onto the field.

"What are doing?"
"You're going to release your anger by shouting."
"Are you serious?"
"It's either here or the hotel. It's completely up to you. I'll be waiting for you in the locker room and I'll sit next to you on the way back to the hotel."
"You're coming?"
"And leave you by yourself at a time like this? Not a hope. It's not healthy for the baby."

I walked back to the locker room. Everyone looked at me with a confused expression. I shrugged and walked into Carli's locker and packed her things leaving out her tracksuit bottoms and half zip and runners. A few minutes she returned breathless and she smiled when she saw me.

"Thank you."
"Just trying to help."

I walked back to mom and sat in her locker. She looked up and chuckled.

"What?"
"You haven't done that in so long. It just brings back memories."
"Well then expect me here more times. Just until I find you uncool and embarrassing."
"So the u20 captain?"
"Uh yeah. It was a sudden thing."
"Why haven't I heard anything about you?"
"Because I use O'Hara as my last name."
"Oh."
"I just want to be my own person. Not known as Hope Solo's daughter. I want to make a name for myself and once I do that I'm changing back to Solo."
"Good. Just don't tell Kelley about that. She'll feel so proud and I don't want to hear her brag about it."

I laughed and walked over to Kelley. I kissed her cheek and sat next to her. She leaned against me and shut her eyes. I smiled and kissed the side of her head. We waited another half hour before everyone was finished. We all pilled onto the bus and I sat in the back with Carli. Mom and mum sat on the opposite row. I looked at Carli as she looked out the window. She looked back at me and smiled.

"How is he?"
"Good. A bit better from when you left but I can still see he's heartbroken. When we found out i was pregnant he wanted to call and tell you immediately but couldn't and he got so upset."
"How far along are you?"
"Only about 6 weeks."
"Can we call him?"
"He'll be delighted to hear from you."

She handed me her phone and pressed his contact. I called him and after two rings he picked up.

Brian- Hey hun. How are you feeling?
Me- Hi Dad.
Brian- Alexa? Is that you?
Me- It's me. 
Brian- Oh my god. How are you? Where are you?
Me- I'm good. I'm in L.A. with Mom and them.
Brian- When will I see you again Lex. I really miss you.
Me- Real soon. I promise Dad.
Brian- It better be. You're doing amazing on the u20 team. Congrats on being the captain.
Me- How did you know? Mom didn't even know and I doubt anyone else here does too.
Brian- I know my daughter when I see her. 
Me- I'm sorry I didn't call. I just didn't know what to say.
Brian- It's alright. As long as you're safe that's all that matters.
Me- I better go before we get to the Hotel. I'll see you soon Dad.
Brian- We better. I love you Lex. I really do.
Me- I love you too Dad.

I hung up and handed Carli back her phone. Her smile grew bigger.

"What?"
"You wear my number with the u20."
"How did you know?"
"I got told all about you. Your coach absolutely loves you."
"How did you know it was me though? I changed to O'Hara."
"Your coach told me your real name last week. I'm so proud of you."
"Thanks Momma."

Her smile grew bigger and she pulled me into a tight hug. We finally pulled into the hotel and got off the bus. I followed mom and Kelley to their room and jumped on their bed. Kelley came in next to me and snuggled closer to her.

"I love you Lex."
"I love you too Mum."

Mom came and layed next to us. I smiled when she ran her fingers through me hair. I feel asleep like that.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

224 1 28
16 year old Marica was your average teenage girl looking for "the one". Never did she think he would come so early and with someone else...
587K 14.1K 71
Meet Cody, an average teenager, dealing with a rough home life and the school bully, who just so happens to be her Captain on the high school soccer...
218K 4.1K 41
You're the hottest new coming soccer star and you just turned 18 you have all the nwsl teams calling you asking to join their team and what gets bett...
13.6K 505 41
part 10 of How I became Savannah Solo!! Freshman year of College!