Accept My Mate

By ImInWritingMode

Sequel to Rejected By My own. For those of you who don't already know the first book Rejected By My Own someh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 21

35.7K 1.4K 57
By ImInWritingMode

Chapter 21

Madison's P.O.V.

 "You're mine now."

"I guess I am," I spoke.

"What do you say to having dinner with me?" I asked looking up at him.

"You're inviting me out to dinner, shouldn't I be the one doing that."

"Not necessarily, and I wasn't inviting you out to dinner, I was thinking that we could have dinner here, just the two of us."

"You made dinner?" he asked his face showing just how surprised he was, which offended me a little.

"Yes, why, you didn't think I was capable of preparing a proper meal?" I asked.

"I didn't say that, I'm just surprised."

"Why would you be surprised?" I asked toying with him now.

"I didn't think you cooked," was all he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Well now you know that I do," I simply said walking over to the door, but stopping when I realized that he wasn't following behind me.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked.

"I have to put a couple things away before I leave, I'll meet you in the dinning room," he said walking over to me, and placing a quick kiss on my lips, before going over to his desk, and collecting papers that were scattered over his desk.

"Okay, but don't stand me up," I replied before walking out.

"Would never think about it," was the last thing I heard him say as I closed the door behind me, and walked out, going back down the hallway, and into the kitchen, to serve two plates for Xavier, and I.

 When I stepped into the kitchen I pulled out two plates, and made sure to put a decent amount of food on Xavier's plate already knowing, how much he ate.

"Need any help?" Xavier asked coming up from behind me, and pressing me against his chest.

"You could grab the silverware, and glasses," I said turning around to give him a quick kiss before walking to the dinning room with our two plates.

"Alright, anything else?"

"No that's it, I'll get everything else," I shouted from the dinning room.

 When done setting the table, I returned to the kitchen to grab everything else that was missing, before joining Xavier in the dinning room, where he was already seated and waiting for me.

"This looks appetizing," he commented looking down at the food Mandy, and I had made.

"Thank you, hope you enjoy it," I said sitting down on the seat to his right.

He smiled at me before cutting off a piece of chicken, and swallowing it.

"How is it?" I asked trying to look for any reaction that he didn't like it.

"It's good," he said as he continued to chew.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes," he said taking my hand in his.

 "Good I thought you were going to say you hated it," I said taking before swallowing a piece myself.

"If you cook like this all the time then I don't think I am ever going to hate you're cooking."

"Don't say that now because there might be a day years from now when you will maybe dread my cooking."

"No I can't imagine that ever happening," he replied.

"We''ll see, just wait."

.................

For a few minutes the only thing that could be heard throughout the dining room was the sound of our chewing and our silverware hitting our plates.

"How is everything going with the pack?" I asked Xavier casually.

"Fine, things are running smoothly, for now."

"What do you mean by, for now."

"Nothing I'm just saying that things could change."

"Why would you say that, is the pack having any problems with any other pack, or rogues?" I asked.

"No, not at all."

"I heard about all the recent rogue attacks lately."

"What attacks?" he asked keeping a calm, and collected expression.

"The ones that have been happening, here. Why are you trying to keep things from me?" I asked.

"The rogue attacks are nothing of importance," he replied.

"I remember hearing from somewhere, that rogues feared crossing into your territory before, and now they don't, now they are just walking through here like nothing, so how is that not important?"

"Who did you hear about the rogue attacks from?" he asked casually.

"I might have overheard your conversation in your office earlier," I answered.

"You were eavesdropping?" he asked.

"No I wasn't, I was going to go in to talk to you, and I overheard part of your conversation, and decided against it."

"What else did you hear?" he asked.

"Nothing just that," I replied unwilling to tell him that I had also overheard one of the pack members refer to me as his weak link.

 "I can hear your thought now, thanks to the mate bond," he said.

"Oh."

"And for the record, You are not my weak link, like that pack member said."

"Then why do all the rogues seem to think that by getting to me, they can hurt you?" I asked setting down my fork, and focusing my gaze on him.

"You''re the Luna of this pack, the only person that has even been remotely close to me since the deaths of my parents. They know that by hurting you they are hurting me."

"That makes me your weak link."

 "Are you capable of protecting yourself if you were to be put in a situation where you would have to?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Then therefore you are not ny weak link, like you say you are."

"But- if I wasn't here you wouldn't have to worry about protecting me like you always do."

"What, are you trying to suggest," he said his eyes getting a darker tint to them.

"That maybe I should go stay with my parents for a while, until all of this stuff
with the rogues, and Demetri is sorted out. That way you don't have to worry about always looking out for my safety."

"I'm not going to send you away, I'm perfectly capable of taking care of my own mate," he shouted slamming his fist down on to the table, causing it to wobble.

"I know, b-"

I didn't get the chance to get any other words out, the lights in the entire house going off, leaving us in nothing but complete darkness.

"What was that?" I asked hearing the sound of glass breaking, and shouting, but being unable to see anything.

"Doesn't matter get up, we need to get you to the safe room. I've ordered sent men to check out the problem." Xavier said pulling me by my arm.

 "Loosen your hold a bit, will you, you're bruising my arm," I said pulling on the hand that was wrapped around my arm.

He loosen his hold like I asked, but didn't slow down, instead choosing to quicken his pace, as the shouts outside, we're accompanied by vicious growls.

 "Watch your feet, we're going down stairs," he said through pulling me along with him.

"How can I watch my feet if I don't even know where, I'm going," I snapped feeling nothing, but helplessness at the moment.

"Grab on to my neck, I'll carry you down," he said placing my arm around his neck, one second before he pulled me into his arms.

"Do you know who trespassed?" I asked quietly.

"No, keep quiet, they're probably wolves, just like us, and can hear every sound we make, depending on how close they are."

 "Okay."

He pulled open, a door, and walked in, still holding on tightly to me.

"What is this place?" I asked feeling a chillness creep up my arms, and down into my bones.

"The basement," he said finally putting me down, and pulling open a steel door on the floor.

"Get in," he ordered leaving no room for arguments.

 "What?" I replied.

"I said get in," he repeated, just as loud noises began to come from above us.

"Fine, but if I go in there, you have to promise me that you're going to come back, and get me," I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Alright."

"Be careful," I whispered walking through the steel door, Xavier closing it behind me sealing me in, before walking away.

........................................................................................................................................................................

Author's P.O.V." A months wait I know...

Anyway if you're interested in one direction fan fics, I know I'm not, but for those who are you can go look up my friends page @j_stone I"m sure she would love it if you read some of her stories.

Vote

Comment

Follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

702K 19.9K 29
First book of the series. This is my first boyxboy story, I hope you guys will like it. Sorry if you will find any mistakes in my gramma if you'll s...
2K 23 23
I will switch to other POV throughout the story. Non-traditional ABO, Alpha, Beta, Omega Dynamics. Trigger Warning Explicit smut in details through...
31.7K 931 30
COMPLETE Sequel (Book 2) of the story 'My Best Friends' Alpha is My Mate.' This story can not be read alone! Read Book 1 before reading this story. T...
163K 5.2K 59
"I John Smith Alpha of Red Rose Pack reject Xavier King as my mate" "I Xavier King accept the rejection and serve all ties with Red Rose Pack" You mu...