Accept My Mate

By ImInWritingMode

Sequel to Rejected By My own. For those of you who don't already know the first book Rejected By My Own someh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 20

45.5K 2.1K 91
By ImInWritingMode

Chapter 20

Madison's P.O.V.

"For years now we have managed to keep them out, and now all of a sudden they're crossing into our territory like it's freaking no one's land."

There were rouges crossing into the territory, and he hadn't told me anything about it?

"Why now of all times?" I heard Xavier say from the other side of the door sounding frustrated.

"Maybe it's because they've found out that you have just found, your mate, and see her as your weak spot," a voice said from the other side.

"I don't have weak spots."

"That was before, you found your mate."

"Maybe, now that you have her with you, they see her as the one thing that can harm you, or even break you."

I heard a thump from the other side of the door, and decided that it was time for me to get out of there, before I was caught eavesdropping on their conversation.

Quickly while making the least amount of noise as possible, I ran towards the kitchen, in search of Mandy, and some type of proper meal.

"Mandy, where are you?" I asked the second I stepped into the kitchen, looking around for her, and not seeing her.

As I stepped farther in to the kitchen, I began to hear voices coming from the window that was in front of the sink, so I took a look, and spotted none other then Mandy, talking well more like fighting with Grant.

I didn't intend of listening in on their conversation, but even as I rummaged through the fridge which was to the far left of the kitchen away from the window both of their voices could still be heard.

"I already told you Grant, I'm not ready," Mandy shouted.

"Then when will you be, it's been weeks, just come home already," Grant pleaded.

"Give me time, okay, that's all I'm asking for," she said.

"What do you need time for, you're my mate, we're supposed to be together, and yet, you refuse to come home."

"Give me time Grant, how do you think I feel, one day I think I know the person I sleeping next to every night trust them completely, and the next I figure out that you're helping Xavier, and plotting to kill dozens of innocent people, I can't be with a person who hides things from me like that."

"They are not innocent Mandy, and you know it."

"Did you see them kill, our pack members no you didn't. You weren't the only person to lose someone close to you that night, Grant, I lost my dad, too, and you don't see me trying to seek vengeance against a pack, that we aren't even sure was involved."

"I kept a secret from you, I know, and I'm sorry, okay, but please come home, I'll do anything, I'm miserable without you."

"Give me a few days, please."

"Two days Mandy, two days, is all I'm giving you."

"Fine, two days, then," I heard her say before the sound of clothes being shredded was heard, and Mandy walked right back into the kitchen through the door on the side.

"Madison," she said when she noticed I was in the kitchen.

"Hi," I said finding nothing else to say to her, from my spot on the kitchen Island.

"Did you, you know, hear all that?" she asked pushing a strand of her blond hair to the back of her ear.

"Sort of."

"I see, well-, I don't know what to say," she said as she went to the sink, and proceeded to look out of the window to avoid looking over at me.

"Don't be mad a Grant, anymore," I found myself saying to her, even though he was the one that was helping Xavier, in plotting the attack on my own pack , where the people I loved, and cared deeply for lived.

"What?" she said turning to face me.

"I said don't be mad at Grant anymore, I know that he, and Xavier were planning on attacking my pack, and everything, but- if I was in his position, I- I would have done the same thing."

I wish that I were lying, but I wasn't if I would have lost a family member like that, whether it be both of my parents like Xavier, or what ever close person that Grant lost, I would seek revenge.

I don't know what type of person that makes me, but I can't help it.

"You don't understand, he knows how I felt about this, he knows, and yet, he went, and planned this with Xavier behind my back."

 "It's not his fault, well it sort of is, but either way, he is your mate, and you are supposed to love him no matter what. If I could forgive Xavier for almost going through with all of this, then you can forgive Grant, for helping him."

"I need time, I know I'll eventually end up forgiving him, but not yet."

"Okay, take the time you need, but remember that the time you spend thinking, you could be spending with him."

"I know, I guess, I'll call him later, to talk."

"Good, I'm glad I could be of helping in getting you two back together."

"Yeah."

"Now that; that is resolved, what is there to do around here, for fun."

"We could go running, but Grant, your other guard just left, so I doubt Xavier will let us go," she spoke solemnly.

"I wasn't really In the mood to go running either way," I said when I remembered what Xavier had mentioned about the recent rogue attacks.

"Then how about we go swimming?"

"I don't have a bathing suit."

"I would let you borrow one, but my house that I share with Grant, is a few miles, away, and I can't leave you alone, unless he is here."

"What do you guys have in the kitchen, that we can cook?" I asked then finally realizing that there was nothing else that we would be able to do.

"About everything, you can think about."

"Everything."

"Yes, considering that the kitchen is restocked every week with a eight hundred dollars worth of food."

 "That much?" I asked.

"Yup, so we have everything like I said earlier, why what are you thinking about making?" she asked.

"You mean what am I thinking we should make."

"No no, me and the stove, are not a good match."

"Oh, come on it's not that hard, I'll be here the entire time."

 "Fine, I'll help but if something goes wrong you're going to be the one to blame," she said grabbing her hair, and placing it in a ponytail, before going to the sink, and thoroughly washing her hands.

"Okay, I'll be the one to blame is something goes wrong."

"Good, so when do we start?" she asked as she dried her hands with a paper towel before disposing of it.

"Now, I guess, why don't you get the chicken breasts, and vegetables from the fridge, and I'll look for the spices."

"Okay, so far this is easy," she commented opening up the freezer to pull out the chicken.

"We haven't even started the actual cooking yet," I said as I looked through the cabinets, to find where the spices were kept.

"Give me a break, this is the first time I'm actually going to cook," she said after pulling out another bag, that contained the vegetables

 "The first, you don't have any experience at all in the kitchen?"

"Nope, apart from making instant stuff," she said bringing the two bags over to the sink. "What do I do with this?"

"Place the chicken in a bowl, and fill it up with cold water to defrost it, and then let the vegetables sit there, I'll defrost them."

"Okay," she responded going for a bowl.

 When I finally managed to track down the spices, I picked out the ones I would need, and placed them on the counter.

"Since we have to wait for a while, for the chicken to defrost, I'll make rice, and you can get started on something for dessert."

"We're making dessert too?" she asked.

"Yeah, why not."

"Okay then, what do what I have to do?" she asked rubbing her hands together in anticipation.

"Do you have any pie fillings?" I asked realizing that I was beginning to sound like a housewife just like my mom. Now the only thing I was missing was one of her regular hairstyles, and a manicure.

"I think so, let me look," she spoke going over to the cabinets.

"While you are there take out everything to make the crust too."

"Got it."

While she worked on finding everything I pulled out what I needed from the fridge to start the rice, and finished defrosting the vegetables.

I guided Mandy through the entire process of making the cranberry pie, while I worked on the rice, and eventually the chicken, to finish off everything that we were going to be having for dinner tonight.

.........................

Although Mandy, was the first one to doubt her cooking skills, she manage to do pretty well for someone who was doing it for the first time.

"I'm impressed," I said looking at the pie that she had managed to make, with just following my instructions.

"Why thank you; you know I thought this cooking thing was going to be harder," she said cleaning off her hands on her shorts.

"I told you it wasn't, so what do you think? Are you willing to help me again when the opportunity presents itself?"

"Why not."

"Good then, now we know what to do when we're bored."

"Cook."

"Yup, now help me cut, us two well deserved pieces of pie," I said going over to where the knives were kept, and pulling one out before returning to the kitchen island, and handing it to Mandy.

"I'll give you the honor," I said handing her two small plates.

"My first pie," she said cutting a slice for me, and the for herself.

"Congratulations," I said taking a spoonful, of it.

"This pie is delicious," she exclaimed.

"I agree."

"What do you think if I open up, a pie shop," she said with a smile clearly already imagining it.

"I'd think about more practice before I do that, I'll be back, I going to go tell Xavier to join us for dinner," I said getting up, and leaving my pie on the counter.

"As much as I would like to be the third wheel, I can't I have to go , to you know, talk with Grant," she said after having swallowed an entire piece of pie.

"Alright, go, but take some food, for you two, show him what you made," I said, with a smile.

"Oh I will," she said right before I walked out.

After leaving Mandy, I headed over to Xavier's office where he most likely going to be, doing some type of work.

I was willing to bet that he spent more time in his office cooped up, than he did doing anything else. I barley even saw him for thirty minutes, a day even after he had promised to spend more time with me.

Yeah, we were a great couple, couldn't you couldn't you just tell?

"Xavier?" I said knocking on his door three times awaiting a response from him.

"Come in," I heard him say.

Opening the door, I walked in, and expected to see the guys from earlier there huddled over his desk, but instead it was just him, laying on the black leather couch that he had pushed up against the right wall of his office, with one arm covering his face, a look of pure annoyance on his face, which was quick to disappear as soon as I made it over to him.

"What are you doing?" I asked taking a seat on the small space beside his feet, placing my right hand on his right leg, waiting for him to say something, anything.

 "Nothing, thought I'd lay down for a while," he said sitting up so that he was closest to the far left of the couch, than me.

"Come here," he said patting his lap, while looking over at me with an expression that I'd only seen a few times on his face.

Vulnerability

Standing up, I went over to him, and took a seat on his lap, his right arm going around my waist, while he left one was easily placed on top of my lap taking hold of my thigh, not strongly, but gently.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Can't I just want to hold you?" he questioned back.

"You don't do it often," I responded quietly.

"And I apologize for that, it's just that-."

"It's just that what?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"How do you expect us to have a relationship together, if we can't even talk, and confide in each other," I said frustrated sitting up to look at him directly in his eyes.

"We do talk," he fired back.

"Yeah, we talk after a fight," I said recalling that was the only time that he was willing to open up to me, at least partially.

"What do you want me to say, that I'm not used to this, that I'm not used to giving love, to showing affection towards someone."

 "Yes, that is what I want you to say, because if you do, then I can at least understand, why you are the way you are," I said finally glad that I was getting somewhere with him.

Instead of saying something else, he remained silent for at least two minutes, before finally speaking again, "I'm trying."

"If you were trying, you wouldn't be in here all day, you would be with me, giving me more than ten to fifteen minutes of your time."

"I know," he said as he began to trail his hand up the length of my back, and then down.

"Then if you know, then why don't you do anything?" I questioned not being able to stop thinking about his hand, that was still gently rubbing my back, and the one that was moving up, and down my thigh.

"I don't know."

"Exactly," I said, I was about ready to get off of his lap, and walk out of his office, and forget that I came in here to tell him that I made dinner for us, when his right hand that had been making circles on my back came behind my head, and pushed it towards his face, interlocking my lips with his.

 I moved my hands off of my lap, where they had been placed, and wrapped them around his neck, and eventually into his hair.

A groan escaped his lips, which gave me the impression that he liked that I pulled feverishly at it.

Both of his hand found their way to my hips, as he stood up taking me with him, he  positioned me so that both of my legs were wrapped around him, his lips began working their way down to my neck, placing kisses as he moved down.

He finally made it to the place where he was meant to mark me, and began to suck at it, while I pulled him closer to me, until there was no space between us.

"Do it," I managed to say.

I felt him hesitate for a second, before I felt the pain, of his teeth sinking into my skin, piercing it, he stopped, and looked at it, before grinning at me, with a happiness that I had never seen before.

"You're mine now."

And to think that I had come in here, just to ask him to have dinner with me.

........................................................................................................................................................................

Author's Note: Well liked I promised which ever of my books reached the amount of votes first, would be updated, here you go.

Hoped you liked the scene between her, and Xavier, I thought I would make one since most of you say that when there is always a scene between them it is always cut off.

Now when I update depends on all of you.

Goal 1,080

Vote

Comment

Follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

626K 20.1K 53
Book one in the Legendary Lunas series. Completed. ****************************************** He moved as quickly as a bolt of lightning. Suddenly he...
273K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
377K 14.3K 33
𝐑𝐞𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝...
2.2K 23 31
I will switch to other POV throughout the story. Non-traditional ABO, Alpha, Beta, Omega Dynamics. Trigger Warning Explicit smut in details through...