Adopting the Bad Boy

By jade775

When mum and dad sat us down and said they were adopting, me and my two brothers were shocked, we are all in... More

1- Adopting?
2~ Welcome to the family
3~ School
4~What Zach Thinks
5- Run ins with Evil
6- Kisses
7- The "Boyfriend"
8- He punched who!!!
9// "I want to help you"
10//Bad Boy
11//"I have to do this"
12// Stop!
13// "What do you mean she's not in a good place?"
14// Family Night
15// Hospitals
16// "Summer's missing!"
17// Troubled new guy
18// Parting with the New Guy
19// A little game I like to call, Never Have I Ever
20// "I came to Talk to You."
21// What if she doesn't love me back?
22// You are too cute!
23// What is your heart telling you?
25// I'm sorry, I can't help myself
26// Please put your clothes on!
27// You think you're the only one with a little problem?
28//May I Have This Dance
29// Soon we'll make our baby again
30// The Plan
31// Really Life Is Great
32// Son, We will Get Her Back

24// Let Him go back to His Drugs & Girls

953 38 1
By jade775

Summer

I was avoiding Zach like the plague. When we got home I ran up to my room and locked the door. He thought I was scared, constantly knocking on my door telling me that Marcus wouldn't touch me.

I didn't give a rats ass about Marcus.

I was mad at Zach. He didn't care to mention that he knew Noah all this time, keeping me away from him. Why so he didn't have to tell me the truth? Well guess what Zach, I always find out the truth.

I was scared you know, but I was scared that I wouldn't be strong enough to let Zach go. As long as I'm in the picture Marcus can harm Zach and everyone else but as soon as I call things quits Zach can go back to his drugs and his girls and I can be forgotten.

I'll just be the girl who sleeps across the hall.

I adventured out of my room and went straight down stairs into the garage and into my car before anyone could stop me. I made my way over to Ariel's house knowing that she was there for me now and I needed her help.

"Come in Sum." She says opening the door for me.

We walk to her bedroom and I immediately take a seat feeling exhausted.

"What's happening? You don't look so good. Did Zach do something?" She throws out.

"It's not that he did something it's that he is capable of doing something." I explain.

"And what is he capable of doing Summer?" She questions.

"Breaking my heart." I whisper.

"What can you do about that?" She says quietly.

"Let him go back to his drugs and girls."

"And what's the point in that? You will just have to watch him play with girls all the while you sit on the side lines."

"But it will be easier that way."

"Summer just admit it to yourself."

"Admit what?"

"You are scared to fall in love." She smiles.

"I've been in love before Ariel I can get over it."

"You told yourself you were in love. You never were, you never have been. Not until Zach turned up."

"I've been in love. What about Chase that was love."

"That was way to easy to be love Summer. Love is so much more than saying "I love you" to a person. Love has to be shown through action and emotion."

"Jesus when did you get so deep?" I chuckle.

"They are just the words I've wanted to tell you for far to long, watching you waltz around school with Mr Chase on your arm, but I couldn't bring myself to tell you that that's not love because then it would have started a fight and I hated when we would fight."

"Well I don't know what to do, there are so many complications."

"When has that ever stopped you?"

"Well never."

"Exactly. So go do what you have to do and bloody hell Summer just open yourself up to love!"

I nod giving her a hug and running out the door to my car. It's getting dark now and I have a few missed calls from Zach but I don't respond I just get in my car and drive.

"Where the bloody hell have you-" I cut Zach off jumping into his arms and planting my lips on his.

It doesn't take him long to react and he is kissing me back in no time.

just open yourself up to love Summer

This boy right here can break my heart any second of any day but I'm trusting him, I'm trusting him with the love I'm willing to express.

"Summer is that-" I hear Jayden say as I'm still kissing Zach.

"What the hell!" It's Greyson this time and Zach and I pull away reacting to our unexpected audience.

"I don't even know where-" Jayden starts saying but is lost for words.

"How can-" Greyson then starts but also he cant find words.

"Ok guys I think I have a plan." I say breaking the silence.

"Summer I don't know if you've met Zach, but last time I checked he is still your brother." Jayden points out the obvious.

"Thank you for pointing that out Jayden, I never knew." I say sarcastically.

"Wow." Is all Greyson says before going back to starring wide eyed.

I'm about to tell them my plan but stop myself because I realise that Zach and I, we aren't anything, we've kissed. Nothing else so my plan it's pointless at the moment and saying it out loud will be weird like I'm jumping to conclusions.

"Summer?" Jayden says bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight I'm really tired." And with that I almost sprint up the stairs and lock myself in my room.

I dear lord what have I gotten myself into?

I was never meant to fall for my overly attractive adopted brother.

Nothing that has happened was meant to happen that's not how I planned it, but then again when does anything ever go to plan?

I can't sleep.

It's 1am and I still can't fall asleep. I try telling myself it's because I'm not tired, but that's a lie, the real reason- because Zach isn't here with me.

Me: I can't sleep.

Zach: Me and you both.

The reply is almost immediate.

Me: you do know I unlocked my door about two hours ago.

Zach: Oh yeah I know.

Me: Then why didn't you come in?

Zach: Because I wanted to see if I could spend a night without you.

Me: And...

There is no immediate reply this time and I'm thinking maybe he fell asleep, but then my door opens.

"I can't." He answers. He can't sleep without me.

"Well I'm glad I'm not the only one." I reply and I can see he bright smile even through the darkness of my room.

It doesn't take him long to hop into bed beside me and wraps arms around me.

"You know I don't think I could do much without you." He whispers so quiet I almost can't hear him. And just like that my eyes start to flutter shut.

"Goodnight Blue, sleep tight, I'm here now." He pecks my forehead and I'm out like a light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the last week before the end of the semester and then, Christmas Holidays. Everyones favourite right?

Well not mine. It was going to be yet another year without my parents while they were running their multi-million dollar companies. But like I tell myself every year, it's ok, I have Jayden and Greyson plus this year and extra, Zach.

I didn't put much effort into my outfits anymore so I just threw on a pair of jeans, a sweater and my timberlands. I let my hair hang loose and I applied mascara to make my eye pop a little.

"Has anyone seen my contacts?" I shout down the stair to the three boys who are currently in the kitchen.

"No we don't wear them only you do!" Greyson shouts back.

"Well I can't find them anywhere!" I reply.

"Just wear your glasses then!" Zach says in a duh tone.

"Eww no thank you they make me look funny." I reply.

"No, you-" Zach starts.

"I swear if you say something about her looking cute I'll chop your balls off." I hear Jayden say to Zach. I smile a little remembering how Zach said I look good with glasses and then I forgot all about my contacts and when downstairs for breakfast.

"Glasses it is." I say walking into the kitchen.

"Good choice." Zach smirks.

"Ok that's it. What's going on here?" Greyson say mentioning between me and Zach. I just look over at Zach waiting for him to answer but he looks over at me.

He breaks first and replies, "It's a long story."

It's a safe reply and it settles surprisingly well with me.

"We saw what we saw yesterday and that can't be forgotten." Greyson explains, talking about the kiss.

"Then don't forget it." I say simply.

"But-" Greyson starts, "You guys are meant to be brother and sister." He finishes.

"Says a piece of paper." I reply bluntly.

"Can we go I need to pick up Ariel." I say breaking the awkwardness.

"Ariel?" Jayden questions.

"Yes Ariel." I respond.

With no questions asked we all file into the car to pick up Ariel and then go to school.

"Nice glasses Sum." Ariel comments once we reach school.

"I apologise to the world that I am practically blind and can't find my contacts, so that leaves me with my glasses." I roll my eyes.

"No I'm serious, I've always thought you look good in glasses." She smiles.

"Well thank you." I smile back.

It's funny how everything changes so quickly everything changes but it's even funnier how fast something can travel around school.

Summer and Ariel are best friends again

Are Summer and Zach dating

That's all anyone was talking about as soon as I walked through the school doors with Ariel and Zach. It was funny really because I felt indestructible, like the three of us together could rule the world, it just seemed so simple.

At lunch we all sit at a table with Greyson and Jayden.

"Hello students." A voice comes over the speaker and I recognise it as Paris.

"As you all know this is the last week before Christmas break and as per usual we have our half yearly updates. So this year started off as normal as ever except for the new boy in town, the bad boy, Mr Zachary. Of course all us girls were immediately attracted to his bad boy behaviour and his gorgeous features. Everyone seemed to freeze when he walked past, but not Summer, when is Summer ever effected? That's right never. Not even when her boyfriend punches her at a party. And then again at school when she was sent to hospital because of him, but he is allowed to walk these halls because she didn't press charges cause that would be all to easy.

Summer wasn't even effected when she found out her boyfriend had been cheating on her with her best friend, which then lead to yet another best friend breakup for Summer. When is the half yearly news ever not about Summer? That's right never but it's ok guys she doesn't care and all of you love it. So as we all would have seen this morning, Summer has a new clique which she has welcomed her old best friend back into the picture to join her and supposedly her new boy friend Zach. Yep that's right people we are pretty damn sure that Summer and Zach are dating. Sorry to all you fan girls but it looks like Zach is off the market, but hey what's ever stopped us from trying? Well maybe the fact that he is dating Summer is enough to scare us all away.

We have more sad news, there is only half a year left that we will get to see the beautiful faces of Greyson and Jayden Young, it brings tears to my eyes. Now quickly ladies they have been off the market far to long, Greyson hasn't been seen with a girl for longer than- I don't know I've lost count it's been that long. They still haven't asked anyone to the dance on Friday so don't give up, I know I haven't. Thank you for listening I'll see you guys at the end of the year. Hugs and Kisses -Paris"

Paris signs off and everyone claps for her, she does an amazing job, I know she isn't trying to be mean to me she just tells everyone what they want to hear and I'm fine with it. But she did remind me of one thing, the winter formal on Friday, I had forgotten all about it and I haven't even got a dress.

"Since when does that happen?" Zach say breaking the silence at our table.

"Every semester." I explain.

"And since when is there a winter formal?" He asks.

"Oh trust me I forgot too." I announce.

"We have to go dress shopping." Ariel says.

"Well duh." I laugh.

"Girls I tell you." Greyson says rolling his eyes.

"Oh shut up Grey you know your going." I dare to say.

"No thank you. Dancing has never been my thing." He replies.

"To bad it's your last year and your going." I smile leaving no room to argue.

"Sucks to be you." Zach starts.

"What's that meant to mean?" I ask.

"Well I'm not in senior year which means I don't have to go." He smiles.

"Oh your real funny." I chuckle and he smiles, "You think that you get a free pass, that's funny. Your going." I say the last bit with a completely straight face.

"You can't make me." He replies.

"Oh you underestimate me." I laugh.

~~~~~~~~~

I don't know if you guys are into the whole formal prep but I'm gonna write about it anything just for a filler sorry. 

Someone help, wattled won't let me update chapters from my phone cause i can only have a max of 20 tags, what does that mean please help.

Thank you for reading xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
3.7M 108K 29
Maisie's deaf, she understands what everyone is saying to her by reading their lips. But, high school wasn't easy for her. Been the new girl is alway...
259K 7.6K 31
I pull up outside of his house and I don't move, "Want me to stay here so you have a ride home?" She shakes her head, "No. I'll probably get a ride f...
14.8K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...