strange love - n.h.

By arietem

Molly Winter is working hard to earn money for her art studies. Even with her troubled family and dark future... More

1. The Irish Guardian Angel
2. The Importance of Family and Brownies
3. The Joy of Getting the Day Off
4. The Second 'First Meeting'
5. With a Little Help from My Friends
6. Friday
7. Strawberry Daiquiris The Naked Truth - and Harry Styles
8. Question #21: Ever Seen the View of London by Night?
9. Why is the Blues not a Passing Bird?
10. Boys will be Boys, Girls will be Girls
11. Who Doesn't Love Chinese Take Away and Good Company?
12. She is on Fire. Unknowingly Igniting the World around Her
13. The Two Visits
14. The Snowflakes in Her Hair
15. The Morning
16. Liam's Idea
17. It's the Little Things that Matter
18. A Secret Goodbye
19. Abroad and Apart
20. I've Got You to Keep Me Warm
21. A Girly Surprise
22. Up All Night
23. Putting on a Mask
24. Packing Things Away
25. You Can Fly
26. To Forgive is to Forget
27. Too Much to Handle
28. Life is full of Ups and Downs and Misconceptions
29. From Heaven to Hell
30. Tears, Choices and Cartoons
31. Chasing the Clouds Away
32. Shattered Dreams
33. Christmas Morning
34. A New Year
Sequel to Strange Love - Inconvenient Love description
EXTRA: Harry and Sophie one shot - part I

Epilogue

3.7K 114 10
By arietem

[written in present tense on purpose]

[niall’s pov]

“Is she in there?” I whisper to Molly’s room mate, as I point down the hall. The girl who’s French and speaks with a really strong accent simply nods with a wide grin. I reply her smile with an even bigger one, as a thrill runs through my body.

It’s summer - half a year has gone by since I asked Molly to move in with me. Half a year. Jesus time goes by so fast! But everything is going better than we had ever hoped for - with the tour, her education and our relationship.

I keep my black trench coat on and leave my suitcase at the entrance, as I pass the French girl and move down the dark hall. It’s a small place - small but in the center of Paris at Isle de Saint. We drove by Notre Dame to get here - such an amazing sight. The gothic church takes my breath away every time I see it!

At the end of the hall a door is standing a little open - a stream of light escaping into the dark hall. I can hear her hum softly - still unknowingly about my visit. I can hear slight noises from the outside - I reckon her balcony doors are open. Maybe she’s sitting outside on her little green chair all curled up with a cup of coffee and a magazine. I can almost see how the morning sun beams will flicker in her blonde dyed hair - I still can’t forget how she dyed it New Year’s Eve. I will never forget the sight of her - an angel standing there in the door, smiling lovingly at me, as if she’d only been put on earth to be with me.

The memory makes me shake my head lightly and I speed up my pace - still making sure not to make a noise, that will reveal my approaching. I reach out my hand - slowly pushing the door open and stepping in silently.

The small light room is bathed in light. Sunlight. It’s filled with summer, the scent of her lavender shampoo, stables with books, drawings hanging everywhere, pencils, sketches. And out there - on the small balcony facing the backyard she sits. Surrounded by the small plants I helped her plant the first time I came to visit her here in her new apartment. I remembered how we couldn’t stop laughing over some silly idea about the plants hopefully wouldn’t be afraid of heights.

She sits there on the green chair in an oversized white t-shirt, with one foot resting on the seat - and a cup of coffee balancing on her knee. Her eyes are closed, as I step closer and touch the white, light fabric of the curtains, which are blowing softly in the summer breeze. A strand of hair moves, flickering with a golden glimpse as the light hits it.

She’s just woken up. But it’s still so so warm outside. I step closer almost there. I reach out and touch that wild strand of hair.

“Hey babe,” I say with a soft soft voice, so she won’t be frightened.

[molly’s pov]

“Hey babe,” his voice tells me. My eyes flutter open and I turn slightly in the chair already smiling wider than what seems possible. A grin escapes my lips as I get up, carefully placing the coffee mug on the chair and throw myself into his embrace.

It’s him. He’s here. With his summer bright blonde hair, the blue loving eyes, I can see he’s gotten a lot of sun. Since he’s cheeks and nose are slightly tanned. My Irish guardian angel.

His arms wrap around me in that familiar way, that always manages to make my heartbeat quicken. He’s here. I bury my nose into his neck and places small kisses on his warm skin, as he holds me tighter.

I kiss my way up to his jaw - occasionally looking up just to make sure he’s actually there. That his blue eyes are actually real. I can’t stop smiling. He releases one arm and moves his hand to my face, softly brushing over my cheekbones with his thumb - while we both smile like crazy, “I thought you guys wouldn’t be here till tomorrow?”

A giggle escapes his lips, “there was someone living here in Paris - who made us reschedule the stay so we could be here longer. But the others are first coming later tonight. I took a morning flight from Spain to get here. You’re beautiful.”

He slips in that last comment, as he nears my face and our lips finally crush against each other. I just can’t stop smiling. He’s here! It’s been about 3 weeks since I last saw him in person - but of course we’ve been talking every day for at least a good fifteen minutes - usually way more. He tells me about the concerts - it’s usually after they’re done that he calls. You can always just hear the excitement through the phone, sometimes Harry will be shouting something in the background that makes us both laugh. And I will tell him about  my day - what I’ve been working on, what I’ve learned, what the weather’s like. But this is way better. He’s here.

I let my fingers through his hair and I can’t stop smiling.

“The weather is nice today,” he notes, after we’ve just stood there on the balcony feeling the sun beams against our skin for awhile in silence.

“Hmm-mm,” I hum and kiss him lightly again.

“So can we eat dinner with the boys tonight? Or will they be too tired? I miss them tons!” I got my arms around his neck and his are around my waist.

“Well they haven’t shut up about it for the past three months - so I reckon that’ll be a yes to dinner!” I giggle lightly - everything is so perfect. He’s here.

I know how much it’ll hurt to say goodbye - again - but I’ll deal with that later. Right now he’s here in my arms.

“I love you,” his eyes are glittering, as the breeze touches his hair making it move softly.

“I love you too,” I remember how we redecorated his apartment. How he insisted on doing it so I would feel comfortable. He even cleared out a room for me to have for my paintings. It was filled with canvases, pencils, colors and everything else I could possibly dream for.

It won’t be long till my course is over - we’ve planned that I come along on the Australian leg of the tour. And I can’t wait. I can’t wait to be around all of them for more than tops two days. I can’t wait to be able to tell him in person everyday for 1,5 month that I love him.

Afterwards I’m going to start up my gallery in London. I’ve even found new facilities, in a more well known and busy part of London. In the Soho area. Most adorable little place with wide open spaces and a cozy backyard.  

He showed me the place - without me knowing he had been searching for a place like that since the start of December.

I pick up the silver charm, that’s hanging against his chest. The little silver angel wing is still fastened to the leather strap around his neck. I honestly believe he hasn’t taking it off yet. Every photo shoot, every concert picture, every paparazzi photo of him - he’s been wearing it. Proudly.

“So what do you wanna do today love?” He focuses on a strand of my hair, which he removes gentle from my face.

“I could show you Paris?”

The fans won’t mind seeing us together. They haven’t for a long time. The harassments have stopped.

It felt so strange those first days - walking in public with him, being able to hold his hand. But I realized the struggle had been worth it. That if there was one thing I was certain about - it was him. That I loved him with all my heart and entire being.

“That sounds just about perfect.” My Irish guardian angel replies with that beautiful smile of his, that still gives me butterflies.

THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 7.3K 83
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
51.8K 929 27
Hayden summerall 16 year old world wide known texts a number thinking it his bestfriends number but really it just an ordinary girls known as Annie L...
505K 2.4K 26
A series of dirty one direction fanfiction. If you don't like things like this I suggest you don't read. If any stories seem similar to yours I can a...
15.2K 185 12
Annie Leblanc and Hayden Summerall have been in a toxic relationship for months now and they're sick of it. What happens to their lives after? Will t...