Please Don't Leave Me Behind...

By JalizaBurwell

Sang Sorenson grew up in Greece and used to be close friends with Silas Korba. But then one day he left with... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
A/N: NEWS!
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Snapshot 63.5
Chapter Sixty-Four
I have a surprise for you!
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Epilogue: Surprise POV
A fan made book cover

Chapter Seventy-One

9K 576 79
By JalizaBurwell

You guys crack me up! Thank you for reading and for all the support and awesome comments. Here is another one. I probably won't update the last three until tomorrow. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

***

**| Sang's POV |**

My blink was long and slow and I couldn't help but think the blood loss was finally getting to my brain. With everything that happened, I was finally falling completely apart. Had to with what I was beginning to see.

In the ceiling, hiding on one of the steel bars that went across, was a boy with sad chocolate brown eyes and blond hair, smiling at me though it didn't reach his eyes, next to a man with green eyes and dirty blond hair.

Luke?

Doukas?

No way. They couldn't be here. Could they.

"Pookie," Dr. Sean said. "Are you with us?"

"Yes," I said. "Can I hallucinate?"

"Maybe confusion if you lost too much blood."

"Are you sure?" I asked, still staring at Luke. "Or did someone forget to tell me Luke was an angel?"

"Miss Sorenson," Mr. Blackbourne said, his voice carefully devoid of any emotions he was currently feeling.

"Yes, Mr. Blackbourne?" I mumbled.

"What are you seeing?"

"The ceiling," I replied.

There was a moment of silence before Mr. Blackbourne said anything.

"Mr. Taylor, instead of confusing Miss Sorenson, please come down and untie us."

Luke nodded and glanced at Doukas. Doukas pressed something to his ear and then nodded.

Luke swung down so only his hands were holding onto the bar he was using to stay up there and then dropped down onto his feet, crouching to absorb the impact of his landing. His eyes looked me over before he went to Dr. Sean and began to untie him.

Doukas dropped down in the same manner and came right to me.

"Asteráki, είσαι καλά? (Little Star, are you okay?)" he asked as he turned me so I was on my back. I gritted my teeth against the pain, though it had numbed a little bit over time.

"Έχω μόνο πυροβοληθεί, (I've only been shot,)" I replied.

He chuckled as he moved my hand and placed a handkerchief from his pocket onto the wound, pressing hard. I grunted with the fresh pain.

"Stop hurting her," Dr. Sean snapped and pushed Doukas away. Dr. Sean took his place, removing the cloth and taking the wound in. "Bullet still in there but we can't remove it until we get you to the hospital. You've already lost too much blood and I don't want you losing anymore."

"What are you doing here?" I asked Doukas. "And how did you guys get in here?" I looked around but didn't see a way in that wouldn't have drawn any attention.

"The air shafts," Luke said, looking proud with a grin on his face, though his eyes didn't match. They were sad and worried as they flickered between my face and my shoulder.

"I'm okay," I said. I had a feeling I was going to need to say that a lot tonight.

Luke nodded as Mr. Blackbourne joined us after looking around the room and trying the door. He moved around stiffly but seemed to okay.

I turned back to Doukas. "Why are you here?" I asked again.

I figured some of the boys would be here, but not Doukas. He was a surprise.

He smiled at me.

"Your father sent me."

"Why? Why would you do anything for him? Is it because he makes the drugs for you?"

He snorted. "I could care less about that bástardos. He could get shot right in front of me and I would watch him bleed out without lifting a finger, but you? I would do anything for you, Asteráki."

"Why?" I asked again, feeling like a parrot. "Why am I so important?"

Doukas's smile fell into a frown as his eyes distanced.

"Your mother. I knew your mother," he finally said.

That answer sent shock through my body. The only noise I could take in was the whooshing of my blood through my head. I opened my mouth and then closed it, unable to come up with something to say.

My mom? He knew her? How? When?

I looked over at Mr. Blackbourne and Dr. Sean who were staring at Doukas with suspicion. They wanted more answers too.

Doukas gave me a weak smile before blanking his face and turning to look at Luke.

"Time?" he asked.

"Three minutes," Luke said, pulling out a small pouch and crouching in front of the door. He pulled out some tools and began pick locking the door.

"Three minutes until what?" I asked, climbing out of my thoughts. There was so much I wanted to ask him but now wasn't the time. I needed to get out first.

"Until the Toma team does their distraction. Their job is to draw Volto and Ghost away from us. Shouldn't be too hard with only the two of them here."

There was a click and Luke tried the knob, the door opening this time. He grinned back at me with a wink. "Freedom in sight," he said.

There was a loud explosion and my eyes widened, my bloody wound forgotten as I thought about the building falling on top of us.

"Time to move," Doukas said.

Luke swept me up off my feet while Mr. Blackbourne supported Dr. Sean, or maybe they were supporting each other. Doukas opened the door and looked through while pulling out a gun he had tucked away. He nodded at us and disappeared through.

We followed behind.

I winced at the dull pain my shoulder as Luke jostled me a little.

"Sorry, Cupcake. Just a little bit longer."

I gave him a weak smile. "I have all the time in the world," I said but the weakness in my words betrayed how out of it I really was becoming. I felt a little nauseous but worked at keeping it down.

Only a flesh wound. If it's only a flesh wound, you can keep fighting. The only time you get to stop fighting is when you are dead.

I nodded to myself, remembering that lesson. I wasn't dead. I was still alive and kicking. I had more fight in me and a part of me knew I was going to need all the fight left to get everyone out safely.

We went up some stairs and then entered a hallway full of doors. A maze.

"Wow," Luke said. "Even knowing the layout, this place would be difficult to get out of."

"Then you're lucky I know this place," Doukas said, his eyes scanning the hallways.

"You know where we are?" Mr. Blackbourne asked, his voice dripping with suspicion. If Doukas didn't answer this correctly, he might find himself very hurt.

Doukas smiled at Mr. Blackbourne. "Aren't you all cute, trying to be all indignant. Don't worry. Yes, I know where we are. That was why we were able to react so quickly." His smile turned into a ruthless smirk and I suppressed a shudder at the look on him.

He just reminded me that he was a hired killer and he had no qualms about beating a man after he was down. In a way, he was just like Volto. The only difference was that he was apparently on my team.

"Volto decided be poetic, using one of our locations for his little game," Doukas said. "I think it's time we put the dog down."

We moved quickly through the hallways but then we nearly slammed into Doukas when we went around a corner.

Doukas's green eyes were narrowed on a spot ahead of him. We followed his sight until we all froze at who we saw.

Volto was standing a few doors down, a gun in one hand and something else in his other.

"Should have known it was you," Volto said in his robotic voice. "He always sends his little mutt out to do his dirty work."

Doukas's lip curled into a snarl. He stepped forward but then Volto raised the hand holding something black up into the air, making Doukas freeze.

"Did you really think it would be that easy? I'm not stupid. I've learned a few tricks throughout the years," he said.

I looked around confused. What was in his hand.

"Sang, take a good look around you," Volto said.

My head snapped back at him a little fast, making my head spin a little. If Luke weren't still holding me, I would have fallen.

"Look real good, Sang. This is what happens when you don't listen to me."

I did look and then I found what he wanted me to find, what the others noticed more quickly than I did.

We were surrounded by what I really hoped weren't bombs.

I looked at Luke and he nodded, his jaw clenched together.

I turned my attention back to Volto who had just stood their and waited for me to play catch up.

"Now that you're all caught up, let's get this over with," Volto said.

Luke lowered me down to my feet and I leaned against him on my uninjured side with his hand around my waist for support.

"Now, Sang. The result of this is all up to you. Come here or I'll blow everyone up. It's a simple equation and you're a smart girl. I think you know which one is best." He lifted the gun, aiming at Doukas. "Come here or let everyone die. Choose."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 14.7K 55
The international singing sensation, Ghost Bird, is a name known around the world. No one knows who the mysterious singer is, but everyone knows her...
109K 3.7K 14
Having two minds and one brain is hard enough but with two constant female voices echoing in your head, makes one living their life with difficulty. ...
489K 20K 33
Sang Sorenson has been chewed up and spit out by life too many times. Abused by her stepmother. Neglected by her father. Hated by her sister. Bulli...
29.7K 1.2K 22
Wren is a foster kid on the Autism Spectrum. When her foster dad forces her to go to a boarding school to get her out of the way, she sees it as a wa...