My Vampire Mate: A Wild Love

By foreignbeat

Vinnie Monarch lives in a world where humans are aware that vampires and werewolves exist along with other su... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Dreams in the Dark
Chapter 2: When Trouble Starts Brewing
Chapter 3: Chance Encounters
Chapter 4: Cake and Apologies
Chapter 5: Falling Apart
Chapter 7: Party Time
Chapter 8: Reassuring Promises
Chapter 9: The Perfect Gift
Chapter 10: Bittersweet
Chapter 11: Lust and Confusion
Chapter 12: Ball of Fire
Chapter 13: A New Life
Chapter 14: The Fire Within
Chapter 15: Forever and Always
Chapter 16: Promises
Chapter 17: Locked Inside
Chapter 18: An Unexpected Visit
Chapter 19: Want You More
Chapter 20: Caught
Chapter 21: Stressed Out
Chapter 22: Tension
Chapter 23: Blood Sucker
Chapter 24: Family Reunion
Chapter 25: Moving In
Chapter 26: More than Friends?
Chapter 27: Commitment Issues
Chapter 28: Taken
Chapter 29: Come Back To Me
Chapter 30: Found
Epilogue

Chapter 6: It's You?

4.6K 176 5
By foreignbeat

Aimme's POV:

It was finally done. Carly and I were no longer friends and of course one should be happy to part ways with a toxic person like that. I thought I would be and in a way, the weight on my shoulders seemed lighter. However, it had become harder to breath by the second no matter how many times I tried to gain control. I grabbed my inhaler and used it, but nothing changed. My chest was in pain and there was nothing I could do. Uneasiness and panic swirled around in my stomach, growing more and more. Was this a panic attack?

I closed my eyes and tried to focus on something yet it still wasn't working. Stepping off my bed, I again tried to calm myself down as the apprehension grew faster than before. Whatever my subconscious was dreading had finally happened and it was painful. Something in my heart snapped and I gasped, falling to the floor. My room blurred in front of my eyes as my body became engulfed in intense pain. I screamed and collapsed onto my bedroom floor. I clutched the area above my heart and kept trying to breathe. I'd thought I'd felt pain worse than this, but I was wrong. My shaky hands roamed over the carpet in search of my phone as another wave of pain hit me and forced whimpers out of my mouth. I dialed Sam's number and waited for him to answer. Maybe he was hurt. He had to be.

I pressed the phone to my ear urgently and waited as pain took over. My inner vampire growled and whined in pain. I needed to see if he was okay. After I left Vinnie's on Friday, the heaviness expanded throughout my body and now it was at an all-time high. I thought it was because my "parents" were here when I arrived, but I should've known it wasn't going to be the cause of my distress. It was because of Sam. There was no other explanation. I gasped and fisted my hands in my hair, arching my back off the carpet. It wouldn't stop. Maybe this was a punishment. For abandoning Carly when I knew she was trying to change even if it wasn't obvious. I'm the only one who knows what kind of person she is deep down. An unstable and insecure girl. My best friend.

"Hello? Aimee!?" Sean called out. I fell limp and unclenched my hands before picking up the phone.

"S... Sam. Are you okay?" I whispered.

"Yeah I'm fine, but what's going on!? Are you okay?" He asked. Tears welled up in my eyes and I understood what I knew all along. He lied to me.

"How long have you known?" I questioned. He was quiet. I couldn't even hear him breathing. "Don't play dumb with me! How long have you known you're not my mate?" I choked on another scream and had to bite my lip to stop it

"I... I've known since I met you. You were just so beautiful and my own mate had rejected me so I just had a witch-"

I hung up and curled myself into a ball. My real mate was in trouble and I couldn't give them any help because I had no idea who they were. I must've met them before because if I hadn't, the pain wouldn't be so intense. Someone must've been blocking the connection. Maybe it was Sam because of the witch he mentioned. I whimpered again. My brain crashed into the sides of my skull like waves colliding with jagged rocks on the beach. The pain wasn't real though. It was an illusion because of the mate bond. The pain felt real, but a hour later it would die down and I would only be left with a dull ache in my heart. Damn it! A tear ran down the side of my face and I closed my eyes. The only person capable of doing this was a witch or a warlock and there weren't many at school. Emily and her brother were the only ones I knew.

My phone rang but I didn't answer it. I couldn't answer the phone right now! This person was persistent though. My phone rang five times before I answered it. It was Carly. Even though I ended our friendship, I needed her more than ever. Maybe she could help me out. I slid the answer button across the screen and put it to my ear.

"He-"

"Aimme? I'm sorry to bother you this late but we found Carly under her balcony. It seemed she jumped and tried to commit suicide. We're on our way to the hospital in an ambulance right now and it seems she'll be okay but... they're still unclear. I just thought I should let you know. You can drop by soon." Carly's mother spoke in such a calm tone that it was hard to wrap my brain around what she was saying seriously. I started to say something but they were muted by the ambulance sirens which blared in the background. I widened my eyes once I realized what Carly had done.

Time seemed to stand still and the pain subsided for a bit, a dull ache in my bones. I stood up to my best ability and grabbed my motorcycle keys. I couldn't let her die.

* * *

The pain was almost nonexistent once I arrived at the hospital and I was happy I made it in one piece. It took me a while to arrive because the pain would cripple my body every five minutes and I almost hit a car more than twice. I walked into the hospital and soon fell to my knees. They thought I was in need of assistance but I explained to them that I was fine. I staggered my way to the receptionist's desk and hoped they would let me see Carly. I shook away all the thoughts of my mate being in peril and focused on Carly. I was her only friend and I needed to be there for her even if she wasn't awake. I held myself up on the desk and winced as pain split through my head again.

"I'm here to see... Carly Sallifer." I managed to say. The nurse checked the chart and typed something into the computer.

"She just came out of surgery, but it seems her parents are allowing visitors. She's in the ICU so I'll take you to her." He told me and stood from his spot. He called someone over to take his position and I started to follow him down the hallway. 

As I glanced into the rooms, it brought an uncomfortable feeling seeing people crying or talking to the doctor about a problem they were having. I moved my hair out of my eyes and rubbed at my chest which was still giving me problems. I stepped into the elevator with the nurse and watched as he pressed the button for the third floor.

"She had some trauma to her skull and because of the impact but because she isn't human, it started to heal a bit once she arrived. We had to staple parts of her skull together and reconstruct it. The doctors haven't ruled out that she might have amnesia. Her left arm and leg were broken in the fall, but they should heal nicely. There may be a scar on her head after they're taken out." He read off the chart and I gave a small nod as the elevator dinged open.

I trailed after him as he turned corners, not paying attention to the layout of the hospital or where to go. He stopped in front of a room and I took a deep breath. He walked away once I stepped into the room, cracking the door behind him. I gasped, tears flooding my eyes as I saw a pale, unrecognizable girl laying there. Carly's head was bandaged and there were casts around her left arm and leg. I sat down in a chair beside the bed and took Carly's hand in mine, squeezing it. She shouldn't have done this. I wouldn't have left her alone if I knew what was going on in her head.This was all my fault for leaving her. I knew how her parents treated her. I knew the problems she had with trusting people. I knew why she turned into the bully she was and yet I left her. I rested my head on her hand and started crying. How could I have left my best friend so easily? How could I be such an.. idiot!?

I lifted my head and stared at her unresponsive face. I guess I didn't know her as well as I thought I did and that would have to change. She needed my help more than ever and I was so caught up with other things that I couldn't see her pain. More tears trickled down my face and I squeezed my eyes shut. The hairs on the back of my neck bristled and I turned around towards the door. There was no one there but I could smell someone. Maybe it was a nurse or a doctor, though this scent was familiar. I frowned and turned back to Carly.

Click.

I froze and closed my eyes as a smell so powerful and so sweet hit my nose. I bit my lip as my insides melted into a ball of desire. When I opened my eyes, they had chilled over. Lavender and peppermint. I groaned and snapped my head to Carly. The smell was emanating from her and I knew what this meant.

I stood up abruptly, causing the chair to fall back. I growled slowly and shook my head. It couldn't be her but... it was. She looked so beautiful, despite the bandages and cuts on her precious skin. I leaned down to her neck and took a long inhale. It was definitely coming from her. I touched her face and tingles exploded onto my skin. I jumped back and fell over the chair. I rubbed my head and looked back at her. I picked up the chair and sat back down. When I looked up, Carly's eyes were open. My eyes were wide and still black. She turned her head to me, wincing as she did so.

"Aimee?" She whispered, a confused look on her face. I stood and kissed her forehead. I pulled away and bit my lip to keep from kissing her for real.

"Yeah, it's me." I sniffled. Carly gave me a small smile and closed her eyes. A tear ran down the side of her face.

"I thought I wouldn't see you again. I'm so sorry..." She started crying. I hugged her gently as she continued to apologize continuously.

"It's okay Carls. I won't leave you again. I swear by it." I pulled away and she looked at me. Her eyes turned white, meaning her mate was near. She frowned and rubbed her eyes with her okay hand.

"Why do you smell... so... good?" Her eyelids closed again as she fell into unconsciousness. I wiped away some of her tears with the end of my sweater and felt those nice tingles again. 

I sighed and left her room from the window so I didn't have to take the elevator again. Once I jumped down and was outside, I noticed the pain had gone away completely. I groaned and kicked a nearby trashcan. Carly was definitely my mate.
____________________________________________________________________________
Well well well, this chapter turned out well I think. I've edited as much as I deemed necessary so I hope it's gotten better lol. Comment and vote if you want; Really helps me figure out what things could've been done better for my next books or whatever :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 197 20
Alice, a broken girl who has lost her last hope of ever being rescued by her mate. She has been living in a dungeon for 15 years. She lost family and...
350K 12.2K 37
A girl who is taken in by a werewolf shifter family at birth has just moved to a new town in a new state. Even though she can't be part of the pack s...
485K 21.8K 41
(NON- TEEN)* Crimsons survive off essence. They're a proud breed who coexist with Spirit Sifters, Witches and Humans, until their beast escapes. Whe...
114K 5.1K 35
A girl locked away for several years, finally coming out of the darkness and realizing what she will soon be able to do. *Being edited*