Legend Of Eden

By Alexial18

This is a story I wrote back in middle school. The main character is a young woman named Tory who faces diff... More

Book 1 - The Beginning

3 0 0
By Alexial18

Chapter One:

I felt the tree branches smack against my face as I ran towards her. She wore a white battered dress and had serene eyes. Her skin seemed to glow in the midst the night too. "Come on" she had a slight accent sounded Mexican but I couldn't be sure. She was so beautiful. She had long stringy black hair that reminded me of a rain forest. "Where are we going" I said. Then the scene changed there was no rain and there was sunlight. I pulled my hair from my face and stood in awe. Everything was so beautiful. The grass was healthy, the trees were to. The sky was bluer and the clouds shone with whiteness. There was a castle on the hill just behind her. I walked up to her and she grabbed my hand and stared in my eyes. "Who are you" I asked. "You silly" she said. She reminded me of an angel. "What is all this" "I wouldn't expect you to remember but this is our home." "Home" I gave her a question mark look. I dusted off my jeans and sat down by the pond next to her. "This is..." "Eden!" The girl giggled then vanished and so did everything until it was just blackness. I sleepily opened my eyes to the hiding sunlight from my window curtains then sat up right in my bed. I figured it was one of her early mornings. "What have I told you about leaving this room a mess?" My mom walked petite like over clothes and books and other nick-knacks 'til she found herself at my bed. She breathed out and I gave her my I'm so innocent look. She cracked a smile and we laughed. "Don't play with me child" she kissed my forehead. "I want this room together before Saturday okay." I nodded "what's going on Saturday oh yeah Aunt Haven and Grandma Keli is coming over right." "Yes and you know Haven loves to be nosy." I sighed and looked around my room. Okay so I had to bag up dirty and clean clothes, straighten my dresser and sweep. Yeah that won't be hard.

After cleaning my room I took a shower and towel dried my hair. When I looked in the mirror I thought I saw the girl standing next to me. We did look like each other. I blinked and she was gone. I combed out the tangles of my look like rain drenched hair and through on a black tank top that stopped above my belly, my jean caprice and black high tops. I applied lip gloss and well I didn't need make up I was one of those girls that looked as if they were born with it. I grabbed my duffel bag and headed out. "Mom I'm off" "okay dear." I walked to school four days a week and on Friday my boyfriend Vindele would get his car and take me to and fro. I walked to Madison High which wasn't that far from my house and up the steps to the door. Before I touched the door a familiar arm grabbed my waist pulling me into the arms of a familiar wall of muscle and cookies. "Hi Vinnie" "Hi Ede" he kissed my hand and turned me around to face him. I hugged him and he locked his hands around my waist. "How are you" he asked. "Good and you" "awesome." He took my hand and we walked in the school. Vindele was tall, he was brown skinned. He was a wrestler and basket ball player and such a gentleman. "You coming to my game Saturday" he asked looking ahead. "Yeah oh wait I don't know what time is it" "10 to 12:45" we stopped at my locker and I exchanged my things. "Um I don't know I have my Aunt Haven and grandma coming over." He nodded then I stopped and stood in front of him. My mouth flopped open "that's the same day as the dance" the team had beat the schools record and they were to host a dance. "Okay don't freak out when I get home I'll find out when they're coming." I breathed out and he lifted my chin up so he could look in my eyes. He cracked a grin and shook his head. "Don't worry about it come on let's get to class." He hugged my shoulders and walked me to first period.

Chapter Two:

After school Vinnie drove me down to an ice cream shop and we got some milk shakes and a small cup of sherbet. "Oh this is my mom" I slid the answer bar on the screen and put the phone to my ear. "Hello" "Eden how are you is everything okay" "Yes mom what's up I'm with Vindele" "Oh tell him I said hi" "I will" "I was just checking on you see you when you get home." I clicked the phone off and clipped it back on my jeans. "Everything okay" he said taking a spoon of my sherbet. "Yeah my mom was just checking on me which is weird because she knows I'm always with you mostly after school." "Parents are just worry freaks" I shrugged. "Hey can I come over tonight" I gave him my curious look "my dad and mom booked a hotel and I'm at the house ever so lonely" "why can't I just come over there" "because my house isn't nearly as exciting as yours." "Yeah sure but we're sleeping on the couch." "Fine" I rolled my eyes play fully and we walked out of the shop.

After that everything got weird my mind was acting as if it was fading in and out. I was listening but not listening to him talk. I remember something about a car or maybe that's what he said then I guess he stopped talking. He looked at me and I felt a presence of panic rose from him. It was like I saw him but didn't see him. I then lost feeling in my whole body and couldn't tell whether I was standing or being carried. I felt his arms around me and felt his heart beat but I couldn't feel mine. Then everything was groggy and finally dark.

There goes her again. She was wearing a black dress this time and holding a red rose. She was staring at herself in the lake she still looked bright and shining. "What happened?" I asked her. "You're okay you're just kind of sick it's an illness you've always had but the medicine you need isn't here." "Well where is it?" I didn't get to ask because everything was already changing but this time it was bright and serene. I opened my eyes to a white light being flashed in both of them really fast causing me to blink multiple times. "Alright Ms. Chambers you're awake. Can you tell me what happened" "where's my boyfriend" I said sitting up and swinging my legs over the side of the bed. "He's out there" he motioned to the door. "He said your eyes had went clear then you kinda cried blood, then he said you just stood there" "yeah because I couldn't feel anything it was like all my sense knocked each other out." "He picked you up and ran you here that was quite some blocks." "Can I see him" "you lost a bit of blood to from your eyes and ears. But not that much too where it was life threatening." "Can I see him" I repeated getting up straightening my clothes. The doctor got up and opened the door. He handed me a glass of water which I took a few sips of and my dizziness suddenly vanished. When Vinnie came in I was shocked by his distorted face, he looked upset to. "Don't you ever scare me like that again," he picked me up and I wrapped around him and he held me close as he sat down on the bed. When his heart beat was calmer he sighed and leaned back to look at me. "Are you okay" "yeah I don't know what happened back there." "Alright come on I have to pick up your medicine then we're heading home." Vinnie was sweet; I bit my lip and looked at him. He took his finger and gently pulled my lip down from my teeth's grip and kissed it. I kissed him back it was long and hard. When he pulled away I got off his lap and put on my shoes as he held the door open. We walked out and got in his car and drove off. I fell asleep when we got to the pharmacy, the night was a gentle one and the medicine hit me hard. When we got to the house he had carried me inside and we slept together on the couch.

Helen had awakened at three in the morning. She went down the stairs to check on the kids. Eden was sleeping but Vinnie wasn't there. She sensed something else though that wrapped itself around Eden. She sensed a strange glow that formed around Eden it wasn't strong but it would be. Then the little blob had opened up and became a figure. The girl was so radiant that Helen had gasped. The tiny figure crossed her arms and nodded at Helen then she disappeared and Eden stirred but the glow was still hugged around her.

Chapter Three:

"Okay class for your homework you are to pick someone to work with and also your home work assignment is to pick a special part of history that you may think you can relate to. I want a three page essay and a half page summary that you will read for class tomorrow." The bell rang and everyone filed out. I got up from my seat and gathered my text book, journal and bag. "Ms. Chambers how are you?""Good and you""Good" she sighed. "How's Vinnie" she rose an eyebrow "He has a B in my class, where you have a B plus." "I know" I laughed. "Take care Ms. Yin" "You to Eden." I shook my head as I walked into the deserted hall ways. I went into the girl's bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes seemed a little dark under them and my skin looked abit lighter like kinda ashy but it wasn't. I wetted my hands with cold water then touched my face. The heat and tiredness from my face seemed to be drained into my hands and on to the towel when I dried my hands. I pulled out my cell phone that beeped in my pocket and read my new text message:

Vinnie: Hey Babe I had to get home early so Erin's gonna drop you off kay he's outside later Love Yah.

Ede: Kay...but where are you?

I fluffed out my pony-tail in the mirror and straightened my grey I Heart Candy shirt and walked out. I had on my black leggings and grey sandals. I walked up to the black Sudan and opened the passenger side and got in. "Hey" Erin reached over me and we hugged then he pulled out of the parking lot. "What you been up to" he said. "Nothing much been pretty chill" he looked at me twice without saying anything then I laughed. "What" "you look good whatcha been doing." "Boy quit playing no I'm fine" "yeah you are" he laughed and turned up the radio abit. "How have you and Kayla been?" "Fine WHOA!" The car had swerved to a stop and it was three inches from whacking the tree on my side. My heart pounded fast as I saw what lay ahead of me. He got out and I climbed out on his side. "What is that" I heard him swear again under his breath as we walked up to it. It was a cat in particular my neighbor's cat that cat always liked coming over to my house and I'd leave food for it. Oh what was Anna gonna say? "What's that" he pointed to the white piece of paper covered in the mauled cat's blood. I went to pick it up and opened it: It was a picture of a little baby. That baby had a weird mark in the palm of her hand. I couldn't make it out but it felt familiar to me. I dropped the photo then pulled out my phone to call the cops. As the phone rang my thoughts drifted. I saw that little girl she had waved her hand to me she had a mark on her left palm. "Hello, Hello" "oh sorry there has been a murder of an animal but this also might be a serial killing..."

"Are you sure you're okay ma'am" "yes I'm fine" I said to the officer. They had been out there for about an hour and were getting ready to go when a woman had come up to me. "What's your name ma'am" "Eden Chambers" "how old are you" "15 and that's Erin Sheppard he's 17." "You say you two were in an accident" "yes well almost but the car had stopped awfully close to that tree." "Thank you...we handled the cat and Anna will be okay." I nodded and Erin had walked over to me. Erin was tall, a little chubby Italian-Mexican. He looked at me and sat on the car. "You cool" "yeah I'll be fine...did you call" "yeah alright kid see you later be careful I'm not leaving 'til I see you walk in the house." "Okay" I smiled and started walking to my house.

I sat at the dinner table with my mom. "Eden is you sure you okay" she sighed "you haven't been looking well. You just almost got into a wreck then you have this weird glow on you and you just seem out of place." "Mamma sto bene onestamente, Mom I'm fine honestly." She came over to me and hugged me. "Ti amo piccolo, I love you little one." I smiled and she playfully hit me with the rag. "Okay get on up to bed you have homework right." "Oh man!" "Don't worry you almost had a wreck I'll have Mrs. Yin to excuse you, you go and sleep." "Thank you Mamma."

Chapter Four:

I walked around the forest until she appeared before me. She wore a bright red dress and she looked a little lost. "Who are you" "I I'm you don't you recognize me." A lake appeared between us and she stood next to me. "No I'm serious weird things have been happening lately can I see your left hand." "Look can you tell me what that is?" I pointed to the white mark on her hand. "It's your birth mark you have a better picture of it." She lifted my hand to my face and told me to actually pay attention to the mark. First I saw the usual discoloring in my palm then I looked harder. I saw the crescent moon and it was like a little golden chain circling it. It reminded me of snow. "What does this mean" "it means..." she didn't get to finish her sentence because then I woke up. "For the love of God" I mumbled and got up out of bed. I then stopped. I heard a weird noise coming from my window. I went over to it...it sounded like a kitten. "Meow" I immediately jumped back at what I saw on the roof. The cat was their but it was mauled like it had been on the road. It made small meow noises. I screamed and ran out of the room falling at my mom's door. I then heard another meow and looked into the living room and it was there. I went outside my mom's room screaming. "What in the world" she was already getting up and came over to me. She wrapped her arms around me. "There's something going on I don't know what it is but it's freaking me out." "Shh" "that cat's haunting me" I sobbed. She tucked me in her bed and managed to soothe me within a few minutes I was back to sleep.

Helen stepped out of her room and saw the cat but she also saw what hovered over it. "Io ti rimprovero, in nome della Edelena Dea! Uscire. I rebuke you in the name of the Goddess Edelena. Get Out!" She saw a flash of red eyes and a crooked grin then the cat and thing was gone. She went into the kitchen and called her sister Haven. "It's happening" "Where is she" "in my bed sleeping." "Have you seen her" "yes she hovers over Eden every night she's probably dreaming of her to." "Mmm while she's at school I'll be over there." They hung up. Helen took another look at the spot and crossed her heart then went back into her room to sleep on her couch.

This time I wore a black dress that looked ragged at the end and flowed a little behind me but cut up to reveal my left thigh. My hair was in a pony tail and I wore no shoes. I was literally sitting cross legged in the air. I seemed much focused on something. But what kinda creped me out the most was that she was sitting mirroring me. Like she was my exact reflection, we both had the bang in front of our face and our hands lay out in front of us to a length. "Can you feel it" she said. Her mouth didn't move it was like she was in my thoughts like we could hear each other's thoughts. "Eden...listen for the last time I am you as you are me. You're listening to yourself actually I'm your spirit, your sprite or at least one of them. Now tell me can you feel the power out stretch your left hand above your head." I did as she said. And then that's when it happened. My eyes opened wide. I saw everything that happened on the outside of my mind as something else was happening on the inside while my eyes were closed. My hand twitched into a position I'm pretty sure wasn't humanly possible. Then my body and hers were yanked up to the sky and then we came crashing down crane like. I pulled at the air moving my arms in weird positions as I felt the energy around me. In my mind I saw flashes of this beautiful world it almost looked fairy tale like. I twirled and rose in the air again this time she looked up at me smiling with joy and was more radiant then the last time I saw her. "It's time you learn the truth Eden you've been living a lie, I am your truth." She then bounded up in the air and charged at me I wanted to move out the way but too soon and too quick. She had knocked into me. I felt a rage of power and all my senses grew alert especially my spirit. The next time I opened my eyes to my mind I saw and began to feel a power that I knew was mine and had became a part of me. "You will soon manifest these things in your reality." "What's happening" "you're becoming your mother's child." That was all she said. I saw this beautiful woman that had long midnight dark hair. She had beautiful purple almond shaped eyes. She wore a long purple dress similar to mine but it had black roses creeping up the left corner of it. She looked worried and a little sad. "Who's she?" "You don't recognize her" "I mean she looks like me" "you look like her, this Eden this is your mother Goddess of Amorina mother of all creatures beautiful the Edelena." My dream shattered then and I woke up. My stomach hurt and I was very dizzy. Her words ran through my mind. "Mother..." I looked at the tall, a little heavy set beautiful strong black woman that slept on the couch and repeated the words again. I went over to her and knelt in front of her. I shook her gently and she awakened and looked in my eyes. "I'm sorry" "no...please tell me I was dreaming" she got up and I could tell she was crying in her sleep again. "You're my mother right...I mean I" when I was little I knew things were different I could feel certain things that were different between us. I didn't want to think about it then and definitely not now. I never asked her about a dad I just felt that it was something she didn't want to talk about. "I'll speak with you after school and don't talk that way." I choked back sobs and got up quickly and went to my room to dress. I tried lying down and thinking this was all a bad night mare that she had it wrong then that woman's face appeared to me. I shook my head and was fogged with dizziness. "Calm down" the words were a gentle breeze in my mind and I was immediately calm. I got dressed in a long black tank top and some black leggings and black flats. I let my hair down and brushed it out. I then stopped and stared at myself. I noticed my hair was silkier and longer. I resembled her more than I thought I did. I put on some lip gloss and grabbed my purse and headed out the door. I told myself this would all blow over soon.

Chapter Five:

That Friday afternoon I sat at the lunch table where Vinnie and I usually sat. He was laughing with his friends about something I was supposed to be paying attention to. "You coo Ede?" They all looked at me and I flushed. "Yeah fine just thinking about things." "Want me to take you home" I looked at Vinnie and almost cried. Every time I'm upset and he's sweet to me it kind of gets me emotional. "Is that okay with you guys?" "Yeah we'll catch up with him lata."

We had got to his car and he sat in the parking lot for a minute. I then kind of broke and surprising him and myself I kissed him hard and long. When I pulled off I realized I was gonna cry. "Wow" he said and started driving out of the lot. "Can we go to the park or something?" I kind of whispered.

We had walked to a shady area and sat down under a tree. I laid in his arms trying to form words. "I had a nightmare last night or at least it felt like one." He just listened like he always did rubbing my shoulder and listening. "I just found out that my mom isn't my mom and I have these other parents somewhere and my real mom is going nuts looking for me." He frowned at me in confusion. "Yeah I know...Helen wants to have a talk when we get home." "Don't do that call her by who she is and has been." "I mean apparently my whole life has been a lie and nothings true or as it seems, the chick in my dream clearly told me she wasn't my mom and she even showed me who she was. God Vinnie she was so beautiful like no one I've ever seen before." "Like you" "no I'm serious" "so am I. Have you noticed how much you've been changing, your maturing, and drop dead gorgeous, I can't even explain how beautiful you are? It's like your glowing like there's a special beauty around you no one else can touch I don't know." I smiled at him and he laughed. "Do one thing for me though?" "Yeah" "no matter what don't forget us you know me and the guys momma Helen." "Okay" I laughed again and he tickled me.

...

It was about 4 in the evening and Haven had been talking with Helen from 2. "So she knows you aren't her mother" "yes I don't know what to say to her or if I can say anything." "Helen...she had to know someday. Look you and your daughter have been in danger the past few days. I can only say that they've been watching her and will make a move any second. Her dreams help her understand what you cannot and no one else can. I got the feeling that she has finally accepted her last sense spirit. Her sight, hearing and touch came in when she had collapsed with Vindele by her side. Spirit start forming when she was almost in that wreck her sense stirred up and she managed to stop the car unknowingly by that tree. It fully came in when she saw the cat by her window and went to sleep that night. She has accepted the truth or at least the part she already knew." "I sure hope you're right." "I'll tell her about her parent's tomorrow morning but I must get home to Grandma Keli." "Thank you for everything Haven" she smiled and headed out. A tinge of guilt made a small knot in her heart as she left. Just as she left which was quickly a car pulled up.

...

I stepped out of the car and walked up my steps and inside. My mom was sitting on the couch looking quite peaceful. I knew my face was glowing and I had a struggling not to show you look on my face. "Come sit down" I sat and we looked in each other's eyes. I saw something in them. I saw a strong woman sitting on a rock in a beautiful meadow in front of a waterfall. She looked happy and a little aged she reminded me of a Cherokee woman. I blinked and I saw my house and living room again. "What is it" "nothing." "Eden...you are right you are not my child. I have not met your mother but I feel I will one day. I do know that you have a very strong connection to her. I feel the Goddesses' presence in your soul every day." "Who is she" "the she you are referring to is Edelena Goddess of all creatures beautiful, Mother and Queen of all things immortal, your father would be Hermedias I have a photo of him but not one of her I'm sure you know what she looks like anyhow." I nodded and she went to her room for a minute and came back with a big portrait of this man. He had long black hair pulled in a pony tail; he had bushy black eyebrows and was very muscular. He looked about four or five years older than me. He wore black armor and had a very attractive grin, a very attractive mate for a very beautiful Lady. "He's no disrespect but hot!" He had a very much pale complexion and I believe he was Italian. "This is Hermedias strongest most powerful God in the world well some people think." "Hey you have his strength and creativeness you to would be very fond of each other in deed" "Mom why are you doing this? I know you are hurting, Mamma perchè stai facendo questo? So che stai male" she sat the portrait down and looked hard at me. "Because mia figlia, my daughter, you have to know the truth whether it hurts me or not what will hurt me most would be seeing you walk away never knowing at all and being hurt by it." I sighed, I knew she was trying I had to give her credit. "You do know that you and Vinnie will always be enough family for me, la mia famiglia, *my family." She chuckled and we hugged tight. "You'll always be mia madre my mom."

Chapter Six:

This time when I fell asleep the girl wasn't in my dreams. She wasn't there waiting for me. She now lived inside of me. Again it was like the two person's point of view. I sat cross legged in the air same way I had the other night. My hair flowed behind me; my breathing was slow and controlled. My eyes were closed this time I looked peaceful and calm. I raised my hands and snapped them to the side above my head going north, west, south and east in again an inhuman manner. "You are reaching you inner element Air the companion of Spirit and Earth." I heard her voice and this time I didn't question her. I stood yes stood in the air and moved my arms then legs inhumanly. I reached out my left hand and snagged at the air, then kicked and turned north, east, south and west, grabbing the air around me. I pulled it all to the center of my chest and my eyes flashed open again. I saw the mysterious land again this time with my heart. People cried suffering loss, women were being abused. My mother was in bed. She seemed sick and unwell my father crouched down by her side weeping. "What's happening" "you need to reach your mother and quickly too before it's too late and all of Amorina goes down in flames."

I snapped up in bed breathing hard. I felt like breaking something. I got up went my bathroom and took a nice steamy shower got out and towel dried my hair. I pulled on a white tank top and some blue jeans and my black boots. "Mom I'm going for a walk" "okay be back at noon nana's coming over then" I looked at her. She wore her glasses and her peach dress she looked a little like the woman I'd seen when I looked in her eyes. "You saw her spirit she will soon be at peace" I nodded still feeling the energy that surged through me. I walked down to the park and sat my bag down. I paced for a minute then out of nowhere I found my hand through the tree and my heart pounding. I slowly removed my hand then as if the tree was a human I said sorry and rubbed the hole. I blinked and the hole was gone. "Okay" I took a huge step back away from the tree. I then gathered my bag and start walking again. I walked down to a cafe and ordered a mocha latte and sat down at a booth. I pulled out my cell and called Vinnie. "Hey" "hey how'd it go with your mom?" "Well she told me what I needed to hear and showed me a picture of my dad." "How you doing" "I actually woke up upset this morning wanna meet me at Lulu's for a coffee." "Sure I'm on my way."

Vindele arrived about ten minutes later and sat across from her. "What's up" "thinking about all of this...what if my mom comes for me and I have to live with her and leave you behind." "...Then I don't know that's up to you" "Mmm" she mumbled. He laced his fingers through hers. "If there was a way to take you with me would you go" "Honestly the world you belong in is no place for a brother like me... so what you wanna just call the quits now" "No" she said a little too quick and he just nodded and listened. "Vinnie when I first met you you told me a lot of things, and one was that you'd never leave me" she looked down at their hands. He noticed her hand got a little colder as her voice got quiet. "You're not getting it...I can still hold on to you but it would make things a lot easier if you had to leave." She sighed, "Can we just deal with this when the time comes?" He nodded. He finally let go of her hand and he noticed her eye twitch. "I uh have to get back to the guys want me to take you home." She didn't say anything but he got up and got her up to. She had that blank expression she always wore when her heart was having trouble trying to deal. The whole car ride was silent for the first time since they've been together. In his mind he replayed those memories back in eighth grade when they first got together. He loved her then like he will for a long time. Truth be told he didn't know what he'd do without her. He was just being strong for her but he knew when he'd get home he'd fall in on his self. He let her out and without anything she started walking up to her door. He leaned on the passenger's door watching her.

I stopped a few feet from my door. I paused and I found myself again. What was I doing walking away like this, no this isn't right? "Turn around" I listened to the voice and I did. He was coming up to me and I met him in the middle. I stared into his eyes. I saw a tall muscular man in him. He was very beautiful. He stood in a meadow well more like a football field. He grinned and looked very happy and at peace. "I don't want us to end like this" I mumbled in his chest as he held me close. "I love you Eden that's not gonna change whether you're here or not." I just held onto him not saying anything. His voice brought me back to reality. I found myself walking up the steps to my house with him and we walked inside.

We got to the house at ten o clock and I decided to sleep for awhile in his arms. When I got to dream land I felt something missing. It felt kind of dirty or thick in the air. I moved my hand in small circles around my face clearing the air. "Air and Earth speak to me" I felt the wind began to stir and the feeling of the earth coming alive. "Eden..." "Eden..." all around me they called my name. It looked as if the world spun around me. I got dizzy and fell. The last thing I remember were hiking boots in front of my face.

I awoke to the laughter and familiar smell of Saturday afternoon. I stretched and stood up. Then this heart pounding scream echoed from my mouth. I saw the shredded corpse of a woman and found myself toppling over and falling into a corner of my room. I heard footsteps and then my mom, aunt haven, and Vinnie came rushing in. My mom and aunt looked to where I was pointing and Vinnie came over to me and cradled me. "Get her down stairs and place a cold towel on her forehead." "Who is that" I asked but no one answered. Vinnie carried me down the stairs and sat me on the couch. He got the towel and came back and placed it on my head. I sighed and leaned back on the couch while he placed my legs on his lap. "Please tell me you saw a mouse" he asked I knew he was trying to make me smile. "I wish" he held my hand. My aunt and mom came down and I took the towel off my face. "May I speak to Eden alone please" said Haven. Haven had a voice of authority about her and my mom and Vinnie went into the kitchen.

Haven and I had sat on the porch. "Eden I have truth for you to. She drew a hug circle with her finger and I saw the air break and a portal opened up. "Come child" she stood and held out her hand for me.

Chapter Seven:

As soon as I passed through to the other side my world changed. My appearance did to. I felt a tingling sensation throughout my body. A mirror appeared before me and I gasped at what I saw. I had on a long white dress that showed my right leg and my hair was in thick jet black luscious curls down my back. "Your mother, your Queen, your Goddess, Edelena the first righted by her right hand your father, your mother's warrior, your king, your God Hermedias." "Hermedias met your mother when he was 21 and she just turning 19. Back then everyone's husband had to be a few years older. I mean way back then it gave the household complete order. He was Prince of Rosando what is now Amorina. He was Hindu and Italian. Rosando was split into two. Hs father ruled Rosando to the south and east and Edelena's mom ruled Amorina to the north and west. His father was against his mother and wanted the vampires to be today's nightmares her mother treated them as her children to love and be kind to humans even to mate with them. Hermedias had at the time another wife whom he was forced to marry and Edelena a husband whom she was forced to marry. The two had been bonding secretly and their partners had found out. Hermedias's wife Havena and Edelena's mate Richard had got together behind the two's back and proposed a plan. Havena was outstandingly beautiful and very dangerous. Just like Edelena her looks were easily deceived. She had found herself in the king's quarters putting on the water works and telling him how his son was going behind his back and meeting with the queen of the north's daughter and was going to leave her for the queen's daughter. Richard had gone to the queen outraged and told her the news also.

Later that day the King and Queen had sent the two Havena and Richard to spy on their children. Richard whom was deep in love with Edelena had tried to seduce her. But she fled away from him and had fallen in the arms of Hermedias. Havena who had sworn her love to Hermedias to was deep in love with him had tried to seduce him but he too had ran away into the arms of another. Havena that night had vowed she would gain revenge and so had Richard. Richard had met up Havena one day and confronted her. "You are the one that is the alleged wife of Hermedias" he said. "You are the one that is the alleged husband of Edelena" she replied. "I am" they restated together. "Follow me" she led him to her home which was far into the woods. Havena had been known in Rosando for her works with magic. She was indeed a witch a powerful one. But all she wanted was the heart of Hermedias that was all. Richard was the best at anything war related and he only used his weapons when in battle and he too only wanted the heart of Edelena. She told him of her works and him of his skills." Aunt Haven had paused to take a breath and clear her mind once more then continued. "Havena had told him all he needed to do for her was to bring her a small valve of her blood and his and she would do the rest. The next night he had managed the order and tossed those into the burning flame first Hermedias's. "What do you wish be done to Hermedias that would make Edelena never forgive him and perhaps leave him." Richard was built like a huntsmen and trained as one. He had little education and grew up in poverty. He took a minute but he made his wish. Then he handed her Edelena's which she violently threw in the bowl and watched as the flames thrashed about violently and whispered into the flames of her wish. She laughed manically and took Richards hand. "Shall we" he grinned at her and they for the first time saw each other. She locked eyes with him and him with her and they had been bounded to each other for an eternity." Haven had concluded her story and I sat perfectly still soaking it all in. I shook my head. "You look exhausted it's time to cross back over."

Chapter Eight:

It was 7:30 when I awoke again. I had a huge fog that had settled over my face I had managed to decloud from my eyes. I awoke to my ringing phone. "One message from Vinnie" said the little voice. I picked up my phone and read the message:

Party starts @ 8:30 be there at 8:15 love you bye- Vinnie

I immediately threw the covers off of me and headed for the shower. What day was it? Oh yeah Saturday. I took a quick hotish-coldish shower and washed and straightened my hair. I quickly lotioned myself and deodorized and slipped on my black sleeveless bra and undies then my black fishnets and slipped on the short blue mini dress with the black bow that tightly hugged under my breast. I applied my mascara and my lip gloss. I fluffed and lightly curled my hair till it was very volumized with just the right amount of fluff and curls. I grabbed my cell which I slipped into my black clutch purse and my black stilettos. I pushed my hair to the right for a flirty touch and went into my mom's room. "Oh, what's the occasion is it prom already?" I laughed "no mom it's just the boys' football game winning day award party." "'Oh well you look gorgeous may I" she set up her digital camera and stood next to me and took a photo then one of me alone. "Ti amo mamma I love you mom," "Ti amo troppo la figlia I love you too daughter."

The whole football field was crowded. The whole school was there. Vindele lead me through the crowd as I waved to a few girls and hugged guys. I hadn't seen Erin since the wreck so seeing him made me beam. "Erin" I walked over to him giving him a huge hug. "What's up mammi...Oooh hold up now?" Vinnie took my right hand and turned me around for emphases. The guys chuckled and made little comments as Vinnie pulled me in wrapping his arms all Boyfriend like around my waist. "Short, got a shape, feisty, smart, it can't get any better than that" said Erin playfully. "Nah I'm just messing with you what's been up you look tired." "I do...oh well its fine what about you" "hanging" said Erin. "Mhm you betta' quit messin around for Tamika get a hold to you" said Michael. "Oh yeah Tamika" he gave a nod behind us and we turned to look. Tamika had a lot going on. She had the thick full lips, a very filled out nicely cut profile and she had creamy cocoa butter baby smooth skin. Her hair was always laid and so was her makeup." She shook out her hair stopped and met eyes with us and switched over. Did I mention she had it all? "What's up Tami" said Vindele clasping hands with her. "Nun much Hey Shorty" she said to me, "why you always with the boys I now he yo man and all but baby you gotta give her some girl time come on." I laughed at Vinnie's protest he smacked his lips and smirked as she took my hand and we walked from the circle. "Ay Tamika" she looked back at Erin. "Boy don't get smacked I know yo lil secrets." I had to laugh at that one Tami was no joke she knew everything sometimes a bit too much of everything. She led me over to her friend Mya and Kayla. Kayla wore a pink pencil skirt and a black top and Mya wore a red mini dress. We all hugged and they started chatting. "Yo boy gonna get hit tryna play games he know he be smotherin you." said Mya. I laughed and we all sat on the bleachers. I kinda did miss Tami's nonstop gossip and her daily updates on who fonkin with who. Within fifteen minutes of listening I got real antsy and was happy when Erin and two dudes came over to break up the fun. "Tami come on girl don't be like that" he sat next to her and whispered something I really didn't wanna hear and she got up quickly and they were gone. Mya and Kayla left with the other guys that showed up. I sat suddenly alert. The wind blew gently lifting me to my feet. "Eden""Air speak to me" this was my first time calling upon an element so I was filled with surprise when I was lead by the wind a few more feet away from the party to where I was unseen. The air lifted me to turn around. I found myself in the parking lot. Something wasn't right here. Mya and Tami and the two dudes with them weren't that far but couldn't see me either but...where was Kayla. Kayla was always with Mya and where was the guy she left with. I closed my mind and opened my mind's eye. The wind picked up a sound on the distance. She wasn't far away. I was then shot up into the air a few more feet above the school parking lot and my body became air where I was unseen. She was in the park behind the school. She was in the back of his car with him. "Let me out" she pleaded. I watched as he raised his hand and stroke her hard in the face. My senses ran high now. I sat perched crane like in the air. "Bring the car to me" my hands snapped in an inhuman manner towards the car and I watched as it rose to meet me. I stood on the roof and violently snatched the wind-shield off throwing it to the ground. "Let her go now" my eyes flashed as he grew more fearful. Mya climbed out and I took her by the hand letting her in my shield only she saw me. "Eden" I ignored her as I stepped off the car "who's there" the boy asked looking around frantically. "Let him down easily" the car drifted back to the ground and I carried her to the ground. She had her clothes in her hands. I unshielded and put my hands on my hips. I stared hard at her my eyes still a bit glowing. "Get dressed now "wind hold him prisoner" I heard him cry out "and keep him quiet." "Eden I don't" "get dressed" my voice was gentle but stern and icy I turned as she did so. I turned around when she was done. My eyes had stopped flashing and my hair was back in place. "What you saw here you must never tell to any one and I'll make sure of that." I blew into both her eyes and she blinked once. "What am I doing here" she asked. "You got lost the party is back over there." I walked back over to the boy violently yanking him with wind out of the car. "Did you really think you were getting away with that" "it's none of your business and what are you some kind of freaky demon that's why imma tell Vindele." I mentally slapped him and wind did it for me. "You tell anyone what you did here and you will regret it that's a promise try that again and I'll know." My voice took on an icy tone that kind of scared me but mostly the boy. I didn't need to blow into his mind he was drunk they'd think he was hallucinating. I did ask the wind to clear my mind so I wouldn't go back to the party looking upset.

Vinnie was still talking with the guys and I still felt a bit tense. Mya was safe with Kayla and Tami Erin was showing off for them. I walked over to my man and looped my arms around his waist leaning into him. "Where you been" I just smiled at him. "You guys don't mind if I take him away for a sec right?" "Nope he's all yours Ede" that was jimmy, when we were out of ear shot Vinnie stopped and looked down at me "what I got bored of girl talk?" "Really what's going on you feel tense" "then untense me" he threw his head back and we laughed. "I'm serious." "The guy that Mya was with had too much to drink don't know where he got it from and got too handy with Mya I kind of broke things up." This alarmed him "you did what he didn't" "no no everything's fine Mya's back with Tami and who knows where the boy is." "I don't believe it" "well it happened and end of story." I said burying my face in chest to hide from his all knowing eyes. To my surprise he gave a big sigh and lifted my head up to him. "You're cute when you're tensed" he bent his head down to kiss me and I kissed back. A song had played on the radio and he walked me back over to the party to dance with him.

Chapter Nine:

My skin boiled under the pressure. The heat struck me with surprise. I was on fire and my mind was sounding all the alarms. I opened my eyes to complete redness. My voice gave out with a wave of heat that erupted from my throat I was exploding from the inside out. I tried to get a good picture of where I was but all I could see was the flames then complete and utter blackness.

I shot up in bed breathing hard and fast. I was very dizzy and the flames were still etched in my eyes as I refused to open them. "Water water" I cried. I felt someone move beside me and something cold being pressed to my lips. "Call the cops" was the voice I heard but I couldn't tell who it was from. Then I felt myself being lifted onto something and strapped down. I felt a needle go in me and the blackness came back.

I awoke an hour so later and my vision a little blurred but I felt hot all over. I kicked the blankets off and was about to strip when the doctor had came in. "Here" she handed me a glass of water which I drank down thirstily. My body then was cooled down inside to out. "Where am I, and what happened and why is my vision all red?" I thrashed my head around upset that I couldn't see. She lifted my head and tied a thick ice cold and wet cloth around my eyes. "Stay calm breath normal" "use your senses" were the small words at the back of my mind. "Wind clear my vision of this pain and redness" it did so a bit painfully sending tears down my eyes but I felt the mask lift. I untied the cloth and wiped my eyes. I regulated my breathing and slowly sat up right. "A Young man by the name of Vindele wants to see you he had called you in." I had stayed the night at Vinnie's. Vinnie had walked in said something to the nurse and she left. He looked at me obviously in more pain than first time he had to bring me here. "Mom is outside with my dad he dropped me off and paid the medical bill." I had sat up facing him. He looked very hurt. "I'm sorry Vinnie" "do you know how much pain I'm in right now. I thought I was losing you...again." I had a brief flash back of when we were in the eighth grade and I had had a life threatening asthma attack. I looked into his eyes, he wasn't at peace anymore he looked lost and afraid and more than anything helpless. "Baby I know what you're going through I know how much pain you're in. I'm sorry V...I" I choked on my own tears as the look in his eyes cut me off. He got up sighed and left quietly not looking back. The doctor came back in with my stuff. I got dressed and walked out into the waiting room where my mom was. "Take me home please now" she wrapped a hand around my shoulders and we walked out of the hospital room.

Two soap operas, three music videos and two magazines later I sat silently in the swing on the porch. Helen had came outside and sat next to me. It was 5:32 in the afternoon on Sunday. "He's not going to be gone forever Eden, he's just having a tough time weighing this on his heart." "I know mamma" I said with a distant edge of irritation in my voice. "It's going to be okay" "my heart says otherwise. I don't want to talk about Vinnie; I need to figure out what my dream was about." I got up from the bench and walked to the lawn. I took several deep breathe calming down and clearing my mind. I felt the gravity allow me to rise above and stand in the air. I closed my eyes bringing my hands in the upside down bowl position above my head and felt my mind click open. I was dreaming awake. This time I felt Edenia step out of me. I figured that was what I'd call her. "I like the name," I didn't smile and she didn't either. "I have very bad news for you...I...She...Dies." I didn't think it was possible to lose connection but we did and I fell harshly to the ground. My sense kicked in but a little too late and the presence was gone and there was blankness in my mind. I cursed under my breath then I broke. I screamed out everything all the anger I'd been holding in all that stress and pain. I just screamed like a crazy person. Then I collapsed to the ground but my mother caught me in time. I sobbed for a while in her arms then when I was all out I got up. "I'm going for a walk don't wait up on me." "Where are you going Eden," I didn't say anything too much pain had clogged my vision and my sight. The wind soon picked up with me carrying me high into the sky until I found a park and landed there. I then felt tired and had gone to sleep. I had a normal sleep for once and I stayed that way for a while. Then some time later I awoke and pulled out my cell. I had three missed calls from mom it was getting late. I had walked back home and as I got closer to home all of my sense kicked in especially my sixth. I was running at high speed as I sailed to my home. "Momma" I felt a growing sense of uneasiness in my stomach. I approached my block and the flames were already growing. "NO" I yelled pumping harder as I finally got to my house. I was too late way too late. My house was gone. My eyes ragged. "NO, NO, NO!!!" An officer had saw me head for the doors and quickly grabbed me. "Where is she where's my mother." His eyes looked broken as he met mine and I fought to get out of his quick grasp. I then noticed Vinnie's car had pulled up. He ran out and he looked extremely panicky. "Vinnie" I called to him as I struggled in the officer's arms. He ran towards me I couldn't tell his expression from extremely mad or extremely hurt. "Let her go" his voice carried a deep bass and the officer did so and I ran into his arms. I was too paranoid and hysterical to notice that I'd been crying. "Tell me she's okay that she wasn't there" He shook his head and I burst into tears. I had gone weak in my legs and he picked me up. "NO" I sobbed into his chest he sobbed to as he sat on the ground cradling me.

Chapter Ten:

An officer came over to us and we stood up. My body ached from head to toe and my eyes burned violently. "Can you tell me what happened here." "What do you mean what happened, my mother died and I wasn't here when it happened" I snapped at her. Vinnie smoothed my back and I buried my face in his chest. "This is Eden Chambers adopted daughter of Helen Chambers. I'm a friend of the family's." "How old is She" "Eden's fifteen." "How the fire started is unknown the fire was so bad pretty much nothing is recognizable not even a body." "That's crazy" I snapped and let go of Vinnie "Eden do you have any more family you can stay with?" The question sent a chill down my spine. "Your mother didn't leave behind any will and if she did and it was in the house then it's no use to us." I sat paralyzed unmoving, unblinking. "Is he okay" "I think I can take it from here."

Vinnie had drove me to a café and ordered each of us a mocha latte. "My only choice is with my other mother" "can't you stay with your aunt" I didn't know where she stayed but something told me that it wasn't a place I should be. I shook my head. "Do you know where she is" I made no gesture that was an answer to his questions. He sighed. "Are you still mad at me" the question surprised me because I wasn't thinking of it. "No I just...I just hate how everything is falling in on us like this." I didn't move. He came and sat next to me and kissed my forehead then my cheek then my neck. Until his head rested on my shoulder," he wrapped his hands around me. "I can't." I broke free out of his grip and he looked at me. "What's wrong" "I can't do this." "Do what" "I wanna break up with you." The question was like a slap in the face to me and him. "Where I'm going I can't bring you, I can't bring the pain or the grief it'll only slow me down." "So I'll slow you down." "We were over when you walked out of my hospital room." "Those words didn't mean anything." I squeezed underneath the table making my way out. "They did to me...Vindele I can't do this, I can't start over like this." "Baby sit down maybe we can" "NO I can't do this anymore. We're done." My voice cracked and I walked out leaving him stunned and shocked. I choked back tears as I took off quickly hoping he wouldn't follow me. My tears crowded my vision as it mixed in with the rain as I took to the sky and soared through the air. I didn't know where I was going but I do know that I was tired and felt myself falling from the sky. I hit the ground with so much force as I cried out. The last thing I remember seeing was a pair of hunters' boots in front of my eyes then I felt as each one of my feelings left. The world around me swayed and tottered. My skin began to tingle and a weird feeling came over me. The pain I had felt began to disappear. The weird ringing in my ear was gone to. I felt the sunlight stretch over my face and the sound of singing. My body had gone stiff and I couldn't feel anything anymore. Then something weird happened, I watched Edenia lift out of me along with four small lights, one green another red one white and another blue. She smiled down at me then waved and took to the sky. Leaving my body motionless and my face shocked. I felt everything leave then and I knew it...I was gone. "This is only the Beginning of The End" were the last words whispered before I closed my eyes to this world...

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 3.5K 35
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
9K 170 30
Amber isn't a normal 16 yr old girl.Her parents died in a car wreck when she was 15 yrs old. Ever since the accident shes been having the same night...
80.9K 1K 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...
96.2K 5.2K 21
*Read "The Deal Maker" and "The Deal Breaker" First* Joanna Garth's life has never been normal. It wasn't normal when she was raised an abusive home...