British Guys Aren't Cute

By UnicornFartGlitter

'Fact: British guys are not cute. Never have been; never will be!' Meet Nora. During the day, she's a crazed... More

British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter One
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Two
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Three
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Four
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Six
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Seven
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Eight
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Nine
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Ten
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Eleven
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twelve
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Fourteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Fifteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Sixteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Seventeen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Eighteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Nineteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-One
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Two
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Three
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Four
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Five
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Six
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Seven
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Eight
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Nine
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-One
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Two
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Three
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Four
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Five
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Six
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Seven
British Guys Aren't Cute - Epilogue

British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Five

59.9K 1.7K 198
By UnicornFartGlitter

'There is a feeling which persists in England that making a sandwich interesting, attractive, or in any way pleasant to eat is something sinful that only foreigners do,'

Douglas Adams, 'So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish'

Chapter Five

Post 560: 

When a guy walks up to you in a club, and starts telling you knock knock jokes as pick up lines — that's the moment you run far, far away from any guy with an accent that resembles anything British. Knock knock jokes will never be acceptable pick up lines. Only children under the age of 5 who have a lack of knowledge to what humour is are allowed to tell knock knock jokes — nobody else!

"Hello?" a voice rang down the phone.

"Hello... Nora?" the caller questioned. 

"Maybe... depends who's calling?" the voice on the other end answered, getting very confused to who the hell Nora was.

"Em... Dan, Daniel Harris..." Dan replied, clearing his voice.

"Well, Dan... this is Candy... but I can be Nora, if you want," The voice replied, trying to sounds all sexy. 

"So you're telling me, that this is not Nora?"

"I said I can be... if you want.. for a price of course..." The voice replied. Anger began to take over his body. She had given him a fake number — in fact, she had given him a number to a sex line! Dan ended the call without another word and turned back to the bar. His brother came back from the toilets, and sat next to Dan. 

"What's up with you?" Milo asked, immediately sensing that his brother was angry.

"It's nothing!" Dan answered before calling over the bartender and ordering a glass of Jack Daniels.

"You only drink Jack when there's something wrong!" Milo argued, trying to figure out what was going on with his brother. His dilemma with Nora popped up in his mind, he had talked to her for a grand total of three minutes, but she was permanently in-printed in his mind. 

"It's fine — just forget about it!" Dan snapped at Milo. Dan had never handled his anger well.

Milo was just about to answer him when he was interrupted by cheering from a crowd of drunk men who were watching the football. Milo looked away for a second to look at the men, before looking back only to find his brother gone. His empty glass was the only sign that somebody was sat there. Milo looked around the bar, but Dan had left. He let out a groan and quickly finished off his drink.

"Excuse me... are you Prince-" A girl said appearing to Milo's left. She was dressed to kill in a black dress which made her boobs seem like they were about to pop out the top of her dress. Milo cut her off quickly, realising that he had been recognised.

"No sorry — wrong guy," He quickly said before standing up from the bar and taking one final look around the bar for Dan. 

"But you look exactly like him," the girl replied, now lightly taking hold of his arm. Milo had thought she had left but she obviously was hell bent on picking up the prince. 

"Sorry, you have the wrong guy," He replied quickly, brushing off the girls arm and walking straight out of the bar and into the warm sunlight. 

He walked up the street for a few minutes, before remembering to put on his sunglasses to hide his eyes. His bright blue eyes were the big give away that he was the prince, if they couldn't see his eyes, people would know that he looked familiar but wouldn't guess that he was the prince.

 Thoughts ran through of his head, and for the first time in two days, they were not about Nora Flynn.

What had been up with Dan?

Where did he go?

Was he kidnapped?

The last one seemed a bit ridiculous to Milo, but it was still possible. His brother had never just left him like that.

Suddenly, music started playing in the background, and Milo instantly recognised the song as 'Paradise' by the band Coldplay. Milo turned round to see a somebody dressed up in a grey elephant costume, skipping up the street from behind him. Behind the elephant, there was a blonde girl who looked familiar to Milo holding a boombox which was playing the track. Milo let a smile erupt on his face as the two crazy people skipped past him. They had to be high or something to go skipping round the streets of London dressed up as elephants. 

"Oi! You two! Stop there!" a voice shouted and Milo turned round to see a police man shouting at the pair. The blonde noticed the police man and the once happy expression on her face turned sour. 

"NORA RUN!" She screamed before running off in a different direction from the elephant. The person in the elephant turned round before cursing and beginning to run as fast as she could. Milo's mind when into overdrive... Nora? He instantly began to run after the person dressed up in the elephant costume, trying to catch up with her. 

Now, the city of London is home to 7,825,200 people (more than the entire country of Scotland) and there could be any number of people named 'Nora' living there. But for some reason or another - Milo was sure that this Nora was the one that had been plaguing his thoughts. 

"Wait! Nora, stop!" Milo shouted, but she kept running. The costume was slowing her down, but the threat of being arrested kept her going. She managed to take off the head of the elephant costume so she could run better. Knowing that this could be the same brunette Nora that he had run into, made Milo run faster. Behind Milo were two policemen, shouting for the pair to stop running. 

Suddenly, Nora tripped over the costume, falling to her feet. Milo caught up with her and tried to pull her to her feet. "Come on!" He shouted at her, a smile on his face. Nora looked up at the guy who had been chasing her. She had thought he was some kind of stalker, but then she looked up. Nora realised who he was and with a smile, took his hand, climbed to her feet and began to run down the street, hand in hand with Milo. 

They ran as fast as they could, taking every turn possible to try and lost the two policemen. Eventually, they got to Covent Garden and they lost the policemen in the crowds. Milo stopped to look around. In his 20 years, he had never found a place where he had felt so free.

"Come on!" Nora smiled, pulling on his hand. Milo's brown blue eyes darted straight into Nora's brown ones. His sunglasses had fallen off a while back, but this was the first time Nora had looked at his eyes. The feeling that she knew him from somewhere grew again, niggling at her, but she pushed it down slightly — knowing that if they didn't move soon, they would be caught by the police. 

Nora tugged at his hand once more, letting him know that they had to move. They made their way through the crowds, trying to get towards the underground. They quickly bought tickets and caught a train going towards Leicester Square.

"So who are you?" Nora finally asked, as they climbed on the train. She was still dressed in the elephant costume and her hair was a mess from running, but she didn't care.

"My name's Milo," He answered with a smirk. He didn't want to tell her than he was royal, he just wanted to be normal for a night.

"Just Milo?" Nora replied with an eyebrow raised. Milo just nodded in reply "No last name?" she added. 

"Just Milo," He replied, hoping that she would drop the subject.

"Alright, Just Milo. Frankly, I don't think it's fair that you know my name," She smiled, trying to pretend to be angry. 

"Frankly, Miss Flynn, I think it's necessary!" Milo replied, adding to the mystery of his name. 

"Who do you think you are?" Nora smiled while rolling her eye's, "James Bond?" 

"Maybe, you will just have to stick around and find out!" Milo smirked. Nora was about to reply when the voice-over announced that they were in China town. 

"Come on!" Nora smiled as the doors opened. She grabbed Milo's hand and pulled him out the carriage. They walked up the stairs of the underground, before walking for two minuites, battling through the crowds until they finally got to where they wanted to go - China Town. They walked up the streets, just taking in the atmosphere. It was now six o'clock and it was getting dark. There were Chinese lanterns hanging above the crowds, lighting up the streets. The sweet smell of Chinese food filled the air as they walked past countless restaurant, making Nora's stomach rumble slightly. 

"Hungry?" Milo asked, looking down at Nora who seemed tiny when she stood next to him.

"Starving!" Nora answered truthfully, and Milo automatically pulled her into the nearest restaurant to get something to eat.  

"What do you mean you've never been to Piccadilly Circus?" Nora practically shouted at Milo.

"I've just never been!" Milo replied, eating the last of his noodles.

"But you said you were born in London? How can you go twenty years without going?" Nora said, her voice a bit quieter. 

"Yea... I've just never been!" Milo answered, not really wanting to get into specifics to why. They had been eating for the last hour, just passing time while talking about each other. Without either of them realising, their meal had turned into a date. Milo had now been away from the place for eight hours. It was more a danger to him going home now that staying out without a body guard. 

"Jesus Christ!" Nora replied, shaking her head in disbelief. "You really need to get out more!"  

"Trust me! I know!" He replied truthfully before lifting up his glass and taking a drink. Nora stayed quiet, like she was trying to figure out something. Milo could feel the set's of eyes on him, trying to remember who he was. Even when he was trying to stay invisible to the world, people who find out who he was. 

"Would you like anything else?" The waiter asked, clearing Nora and Milo's table. Milo looked at Nora for an answer.

"No, we're alright, just the bill," She smiled up at the waiter who walked off to go find their bill. 

"What do you want to do now?" Milo asked, his blue eyes alive with excitement. 

"I've got an idea," Nora replied. Milo quickly paid for the meal, there was an argument from Nora but they simply decided that she had already bought coffee's for them both and therefore it was Milo's turn to buy. 

They walked out of the restaurant and into the busy street. Nora pulled Milo's hand through the crowds, pushing past everyone to try and get to their destination as soon as possible. Suddenly, Milo realised where she had taken him and his face lit up with a smile. He stood in the middle, looking up at the tall buildings, lit up by various screens, just watching them change like a kid watching a Christmas tree at Christmas. Nora didn't watch the screens, she watched Milo gazing up at the lights. It was almost inconceivable to Nora that she was holding hand with the guy she had been thinking about for two days. In a city of seven million people, she had run into him twice. 

Milo looked back down at Nora, noticing that she had been looking up at him. She immediately looked away, a light blush colouring her cheeks in the cold air. Milo smirked a little, before taking his hand and pushing her face lightly up the face his. Their eyes locked and their faces grew slowly closer. Their lips met and their eyes fluttered shut as they kissed light for a slow five seconds, letting the tingles of electricity they both felt take over. The kiss was slow and gentle, but it was perfect. Milo was about to kiss her again when suddenly Nora's phone started to ring, making them both come back down to earth. They looked up at each other, great big smiles on their faces. Milo's hand snuck back to Nora's as she picked up her phone, the tingles in both their lips still very much alive.

"Hello?" Nora answered the phone after seeing it was an unknown number.

"Nor... I've been caught,"  Skye replied. 

Hello lovely people of wattpad! Sorry this took me like three days to write but I've been tired and recovering from Thursday's hell-like exam! Thank you to everyone who has read this in the last few days! I woke up this morning to find that the number of reads had jumped from less than 60 to almost 200 and I died a little! Song on the side is 'Eat That Up, It's Good for You' by Two Door Cinema Club :) 

Oh and the bit with Nora dressed up as the elephant is from Coldplay's music video for Paradise and if you've not seen that them it's in the external link! I highly suggest you watch it cause your life will be complete afterwards! :D 

I'm hoping to write another chapter tomorrow but it depends on the weather!!

Follow me on instagram? @megjoneswrites

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

869 20 12
It's 2017, yet another 27 years passed again. That means IT is back, more hungry than ever. (Y/n), an 18 year old girl just graduated from college, g...
215K 4.9K 29
Evelyn is finally convinced to go to a party by her best freind, Gabby, and her crush, Ryan. But after getting extremely drunk, Ryan and Evelyn have...
408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...
1.1M 14.3K 32
Sophie is a normal seventeen year old. She has average grades, a bestfriend and lives in a normal house. Her secret? She's the princess of the United...