First Position

By Tsunami199

This story is about Singer/Songwriter Kehlani and her new producer Jessica. The two meet when they were makin... More

Characters
What Took You So Long? [1]
Nice To Meet You [2]
Why Are You Here? [3]
You Having A Good Time? [4]
About Last Night [5]
I'm Sorry [6]
Studio Sessions
This Sucks
Business and Pleasure?
Dance Rehearsal
Come Over
Decisions
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day.....Sorta
Day After Christmas
Return of the Exes
Back To Work
Day 1 of Tour
To Myself
Exchange
Get Well Soon
Trust Issues
Carry On
DnF
Hungover
Valentine's Day
Promise Ring
Changes
Flights
Meet The Parents
Bad Timing
Slip Away
What Happens In Las Vegas Stays In....
All My Fault
Reunited
Will You?
Not Exactly
It's a...
Part 40 (The Aftermath)
Our First Born
UPDATE!
UPDATE!!

Josiah's Birth

662 25 9
By Tsunami199

(Kehlani pictured above)
The next day......

Jessica POV
"I went over the designs and they are pretty fucking dope Kyrie. You wanna meet on Friday coming?", I spoke into the phone.

"I would love to Ms. Sanders. That would be great", he said excitingly.

"You really don't have to call me that. Just call me Jessica like you did yesterday", I assured him.

"Alright Jessica, thank you so much"

"No problem come to my studio this Friday around 2:30. Okay?"

"Alright"

After I hung up, I headed back to Kehlani's hospital room. I was inside the hospital's cafeteria talking to Kyrie about his shoe designs. I really want to invest in him so we're going to be meeting this Friday.

Today is Saturday and trust me it's going to be a long ass day. This is the day Kehlani is planned to be giving birth. I'm really excited but I'm nervous at the same time.
--------
"He's going to handsome just like his dad", Jahron said.

As I walked in, I saw Jahron laying on Kehlani's stomach speaking to the baby. They both stared at me as I sat down in the chair next to the Kehlani's hospital bed.

"Aww look at the beautiful couple. Aren't you guys cute", I teased them.

Jahron smiled in awkwardness and Kehlani rolled her eyes. I love to make Jahron uncomfortable, it's really funny.

"Hey Jessica. How you feeling,", Jahron asked me.

"I'm doing pretty good. Thanks for asking", I responded.

"Cool cool"

Silence entered the room and Kehlani eyeballed me. By the way she was looking at me I could tell she wanted me to say something but talking to Jahron is the last thing on my fucking mind.

"What do you think I was gonna ask you how you're feeling?", I chuckled to Jahron.

"Babe", Kehlani said emphasizing the word to me

"What?"

"Be nice ", she gritted through her teeth.

I sighed and politely asked him how he was feeling. As he was speaking, Kehlani's doctor, Cassandra came in.

"Well hello, my favorite couple", she said speaking to Kehlani and I.

"Lol thanks Cassandra", I laughed.  "Uhh, Cassandra this is Jahron. He's Josiah's dad", I introduced him.

"Ohh really? Nice to meet you. My name is Dr. Ventura"

"Nice to meet you", he responded.

Jahron moved to the other side of the room as she got her chair and slid it across the room beside Kehlani.

"So Kehlani how are you doing. You excited?", she asked.

"Yeah I'm pretty excited. I already feel the contractions coming in. That's great because I'm tired of looking like an ugly pig."

"Ohh stop it you look beautiful. If the contractions are coming in you might be in excruciating pain in less than an hour", she assured her.

"I always tell her that but she doesn't believe me", I jumped in.

"Thanks guys"

Cassandra began checking the baby's heart beat and checking Kehlani's blood pressure and her heartbeat as well. She made sure that she had a steady one.

"Well everything seems to be just about right but I do need to know two things before we can get her ready for labor in about an hour", Cassandra said speaking to us.

"What's that?", she asked.

"Have you decide if you're going with the epidural and I also need to know the names of all the people allowed in the room during the delivery."

"Yeahh I'm gonna be taking the epidural"

"Okay great. I'll send one the nurses to your room", Cassandra said. "What about the people allowed?"

Kehlani looked at me as she rubbed her stomach so I could tell Cassandra.

"Umm it's going to be her aunt, my mom, her best friend Edward and me"

"Babe", she said to me.

"What?"

She gave me the eye and pointed to Jahron reminding me that he's going to be in the delivery room.

"Ohh yeah and Jahron as well", I told Cassandra rolling my eyes.

"Lol okay great. Kehlani I'm going to need you to change into a hospital gown. I'll be back in about 45 minutes. Your contractions should fully be in by then"

-------------
Kehlani POV
"Ohh fuckkkkkkk", I screamed at the top of my lungs in pain. This hurts so bad.

"I can't do this. This hurts so freaking bad", I cried in pain.

"Kehlani you'll be fine, the epidural just hasn't kicked in as yet", Cassandra told me.

"You know how long ago you gave me that shit. It's obviously not working", I shouted.

"Baby relax. Just breathe", Jessica told me.

It's been 45 minutes since the doctor dilated me and this pushing process is taking forever. Dr. Ventura told me that I probably will only be in labor for 2 hours which I'm really glad for because I don't think I would be able to take pushing Josiah any longer than that.

"Baby you're doing so good", Jessica spoke rubbing my hand.

"Yeah Kehlani you're doing great", Jahron said.

"They're right. I can almost see the baby's head Keh", Edward shouted.

"Alright Kehlani I'm gonna need you to take a deep breath for me and push as many times as I say. You think you can do that for me?", Cassandra asked.

"Yeah I'll try", I said breathing heavily.

"Alright on the count of three"

"1,2,3....push"

My mom (aunt) and Jessica's mom were recording and encouraging me while Edward was standing near by Cassandra. Jahron was standing on the left side of my bed and Jessica on the other.

After all the pushing, screaming and crying, Josiah Joseph Anthony Brathwaite was born on Saturday, October 28th, 2013. He's 6 pounds three ounces and he is just the most precious thing I've ever saw.

Jessica chose Josiah's name. She always liked the name Josiah because she felt that's was cute. She gave him the middle names Joseph and Anthony because her dad's name is Joseph and Jahron's middle name is Anthony. I love her for doing that. I think that it was so sweet of her.
--------------------
Jessica POV
"I'm going to take Josiah in for the rest of his examinations tonight so you're free to have him tomorrow", the nurse told me in a mellow voice.

"Okay thanks", I whispered.

Kehlani was knocked out snoring. We're not going to go home until tomorrow morning and I'm pretty excited. My family went home and Kehlani's siblings finally came in from Oakland. There at the house as well but they aren't seeing Lani until tomorrow morning when she comes home with Josiah.

After Jahron signed the papers as Josiah's legal parent, he spent some time with him and then he left. I could tell that he was tired and I don't blame him because tonight was really long.

I took a seat next to Kehlani's hospital bed and laid back and just stared at her. Despite her loud snoring, all I could think to myself is damn I'm in love with this girl.

-------------------------------------------------------------
**COMMENT, LIKE, SHARE**

**GOING TO BE STARTING THE SECOND BOOK TO THIS STORY AFTER THE NEXT CHAPTER SO STAY TUNED ON UPDATES ABOUT IT**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 789 13
Don't go build a life without me, cause you're mine still. A Rihyoncรฉ story
148K 4K 16
Camila gets an opportunity to interview a famous artist, Ms. Lauren Jauregui. What happens when the two girls start to have feelings for each other t...
161K 7.2K 39
Sequel to Wrong Number.
576K 12.4K 35
where a new tiktok star meets THE tiktok star. and it turns into more than a friendship. girlxgirl ~~ "she knows what i think about" โ™ก ~~ thank you...