WAR OF HEARTS ↠ KOL MIKAELSON

By parxdisejpg

❝SHE WEARS STRENGTH AND DARKNESS EQUALLY WELL, THE GIRL HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF GODDESS, HALF HELL.❞ [THE ORIGIN... More

THE RISE: EPIGRAPH
THE RISE: PROLOGUE
1:01
1:02
1:03
1:04
1:05
1:06
1:07
1:08
1:09
1:10
1:11
1:12
1:13
1:14
1:15
1:16
1:17
1:18
1:19
1:20
1:21
THE RISE: EPILOGUE
THE STAND: EPIGRAPH
2:01
2:02
2:03
2:04
2:05
2:06
2:07
2:08
2:09
2:10
2:11
2:12
2:13
2:14
2:15
2:16
2:17
2:18
2:19
2:20
2:21
2:22
2:23
THE STAND ↠ EPILOGUE
THE AFTERMATH ↠ EPIGRAPH
3:01
3:02
3:03
3:04
3:05
3:06
3:08
3:09
3:10
3:11
3:12
3:13
3:14 / EPILOGUE
FOR HOPE, FOR FAMILY ↠ EPIGRAPH(S)
prologue
4:01
4:02
4:03
4:04
4:05
epilogue
New chapters chosen by YOU
THE ONE WHERE HE DIED
THE ONE WHERE HE WAS UNDAGGERED

3:07

17.9K 474 466
By parxdisejpg

| THE AFTERMATH:
CHAPTER SEVEN |

"You know, I'd give anything to be anywhere but here, with you." Rhea spoke out loud as she sat, knees pulled up to her chest, next to Kol's desiccated body.

"I think I knew I loved you the moment we met, something inside of me knew that I was only whole when you found me that day."

She sighed before reaching out as if to grab the handle of the dagger, before hesitating and pulling her hand back.

Suddenly, a strong gust of wind blew through the Infirmary, Rhea gasped as the force of it caused the glasses to rattle and the lights to start swinging. As the ground started to shake, Rhea stood, heading towards the door. As she turned her head, she jumped when a light beside her blew, causing sparks to fly.

When she turned back to where she had just been sitting, her face turned to one of shock when she realised, Kol was no longer there.

"Kol?"

Rhea inched closer and gasped softly, turning her head to look for Kol. She turned around when she heard a sound behind her and jumped back slightly upon seeing Kol, with his fangs bared, he growled before attacking her, forcing her against the bar and viciously feeding from her.

Rhea screamed and weakly attempted to push him away— too distracted to even try and use magic— but she quickly lost all strength, slowly dying in his arms as he continued his attack. She wasn't angry, she would never be— this wasn't Kol's fault, it was theirs. Her last thought was that she loved him, no matter what.

Kol pulled back after several long moments, looking down at Rhea's dead body in devastation as he realised what he had done.

"R-Rhea? No, no, no." He held her face in his hands before biting into his wrist, desperately trying to feed her his blood.

"Wake up! Wake up! Come on Rhea, please baby, wake up. Wake up.." he trailed off, pulling her body towards his as he cried against her, repeatedly begging her to wake up.

Kol sank to the floor of the club, cradling Rhea's lifeless body whilst covered in her blood, with tears streaming down his face— he didn't know how much time had passed and he didn't care, he wouldn't leave her.

"KOL!" Ares voice roared as he came running in, Kol looked to see him carrying a body— precisely, Davina's body, with the exact same wound as Rhea's.

"I-I passed out, after they made me do it. I-I was the one who bought the protective spells down in here, and I.. linked them. I killed them both, it's all my fault. I killed my sister and my girlfriend." He cried out, voice hoarse as he placed Davina's body gently on a table before frantically pulling at his hair. Kol didn't say a word, only continued to cradle Rhea's body.

"Marcel is on his way." Ares informed Kol, whom only nodded— too distraught to say a word.

Not long after, said vampire arrived, tears pooling in his eyes upon seeing the two dead witches. He caressed Davina's face lightly before looking to the two men for answers.

"What are you two doing here?" He questioned, confusion lacing his tone— he had sent them away.

Ares stepped towards Marcel, "The Ancestors had a hold on me. I wasn't in my own frame of mind, I lowered the protection spells in here and linked them together. It's my fault Kol attacked Rhea. It's my fault they're dead." He sobbed out, Marcel came to stand in front of him— staring him down for a moment before throwing him across the room.

"I love Davina! I would never have willingly done anything to hurt her!" He shouted, before finally letting his tears fall.

Marcel looked at Ares and then to Kol, "Get up. Get up, both of you. This is New Orleans. Witch spirits can be brought back from the dead, so that is exactly what we are going to do. We are going to bring them back!"

▽▲▽▲▽

Vincent had arrived not long after, prepared to help in anyway he could. Kol had, reluctantly, let them place Rhea on a table next to Davina. Both he and Ares had calmed down enough to have a clear head to help— but they were both still on the edge of hysteria.

"Rhea's soul will go to my own families ancestral plane which means bringing her back will be easy, seeing as she can't die for real without some very rare ingredients, if I can send Davina's soul there. It'll be much easier to bring her back, too." Ares told them.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Do it!" Kol demanded, wanting nothing more than to have Rhea back in his arms.

"That won't work." A female voice said, the four men looked to see a woman stood in the corner.

"Gran?" Ares asked at the same time Kol said, "Demetria?"

Demetria nodded with a sad smile, "I'm only here in spirit, I needed to tell you. Rhea never arrived here. The spell you cast ensured her soul belonged the witches of New Orleans, meaning.." She trailed off.

"Unless we bring her back, she won't ever be able to return to her body. Her soul will be stuck." Ares said with a gulp.

Demetria nodded, "I must go. It took a lot for me to tell you this. Good luck." In a flash, Demetria was gone.

"Okay, we got to get them consecrated right now. If we don't we can't even attempt to get them back." Vincent told the group and Kol was quick to refuse.

"We can't concecrate them!" He yelled out.

Marcel looked at him confused, "What the hell are you talking about?"

Kol sighed in frustration, "The Ancestors despise them both. If we consecrate them, they'll wake up in their domain, and they will destroy them."

"Kol.. We have to, it's our only hope of ever getting Rhea back. We have to do it. For them both." Ares told him with a sullen expression, he didn't like the thought of Rhea and Davina being in the ancestral plane, but it was their only chance.

"And if we don't, we never see them again." Marcel said aggressively, stepping towards them threateningly.

"Hey, that's enough. All right? We all want to help them, so we need to make sure that they're consecrated, but they've got to be safe so we're gonna pull them into a place where they're protected, then we can resurrect them. And that's gonna require a lot of energy, and my power's not what it used to be before I got shunned." Vincent told them, worried about whether or not he would have the power to bring one of them back, let alone both of them.

"I'll help, but we're gonna need Freya, too." Ares offered.

Kol let out a bitter laugh, "You think my family's going to help? Nik hates Davina and Rhea isn't exactly in his good books. Freya will not defy him."

"This wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for your family. Prepare the bodies. Come with me." Marcel, Kol and Ares left, whilst Vincent got to work on preparing the bodies.

▽▲▽▲▽

Rhea woke with a start, upon looking at her surroundings, she recognised it was the cemetery— in the ancestral plane.

"Kol." She whispered as she looked around, remembering that he had in fact, lost control and killed her.

"Rhea?" She turned, seeing Davina a few feet away from her, she ran to her friend, realising that Davina was dead.

"Davina? What the-" she was cut off by the sound of footsteps, "Don't even worry, when I say run, you run, alright? Don't look back, not for a second. Promise me."

Davina nodded hesitantly, "I promise."

Rhea held out her hand, pulling Davina up and the two started walking, until a voice echoed throughout the cemetery.

"We've been waiting for you two." The voice of Kara Nguyen. The two turned to see her stood at the end of the footpath.

Rhea pushed Davina to the left, "Davina. Run. Now."

"I can't leave y-" Rhea cut her off, "RUN!" She roared, her tone of voice told Davina she wasn't going to take no for an answer.

Davina did as she was told, taking off, whilst Rhea turned to Kara, "Alright, let's see what you've got."

Kara laughed evilly, "Oh we have such plans for you, Rhea Monroe." She used her magic to telekinetically shove and hold Rhea against a tomb. More of the ancestral spirits started to surround them, holding Rhea down— she tried to push them off with magic, but her magic wasn't working here. She suspected they had taken extra precautions.

She struggled in their grip, trying to break free. Kara looked amused, seeing the once mighty witch struggle.

"There will be nothing left of you." And with that, Kara started chanting.

▽▲▽▲▽

writingandsuch I'm sorry, don't kill me.

-Meg

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 79.3K 36
❝When everyone knows you're a monster, you needn't waste time doing every monstrous thing.❞ In which Eleanor Fraser has her life turned for the b...
127K 2.8K 22
Ava has felt pain but nothing like the pain she is feeling now. Losing her daughter, Hope, and her brother, Damon, dying caused her to distance herse...
50.4K 796 24
Book I of the Elizabeth Gerard Series "If one were to not know you, Elijah Mikaelson, one would say you are trying to woo me." "And what if I am?" ...
287K 3.7K 38
When a certain original comes to Mystic Falls and finds out that he has a daughter from before his family and him were turned what will he do? She is...