devils' trap | d. winchester

By DESTIELED

❝-Of all the things we've hunted, how many existed just because people believed in them?❞ More

one step further

one

179 13 0
By DESTIELED

CHAPTER ONE
RIVER

"Go!" My older sister Carmine yelled. I nodded and I obeyed instantly; knowing it was fully in my best intentions to do so. I jumped underneath a desk in the now messed up classroom, crunching up into a squatting position and getting ready to jump. I was only able to see the feet of the vessel in which were fighting Carmine, and I could tell it was anything but human. I clenched my jaw. We had a plan, and I was just waiting for my cue to get it on its way.

We needed to trap this demon alive.

We needed answers.

The capture of this demon was necessary if we wanted to get remotely any answers to the questions we've been asking for the past couple days. We've been tracking this demon for a while now, and today was the day we were going to catch it. The progression of the hunt depended on it. We were not in the position to fail now. We've gotten this far.

I'd been on the road with my sister for as long as I could remember. I didn't recall knowing who my parents were, nor could I recall knowing any other family members. It was one giant blank slate.

All that I have ever known was a life with just my sister, and honestly, I think it was for the best. In this world in which I was raised into, the less family you have, the less family you lose.

We were currently in an elementary school in Dallas, Texas, on another leg of the hunt. We'd been on a string of hunts in the hopes of gaining a lead on the newest leader of the demon army, Lilith. She was a demon in which was on another level of powerful; and was extremely dangerous. We needed to track her down kill her.

Although as much as we wanted to head straight for Lilith; we didn't have enough information on who the demon was; or rather; the strengths it withheld. We knew how powerful she must have been, by being the leader of the demon army, but her particular strengths were unknown.

The worst thing you can do when hunting down a demon with the powerful strength such as Lilith, is not know what they're capable of before hand. If you didn't know what you were up against, that would heavily ensure instant death.

The thing in which we were hunting today was a demon. It possessed some middle aged-janitor. I was thankful it wasn't one of the kids from the school itself. I'd rather fight a forty-year-old janitor than an eight-year-old second grader.

"Now!" She yelled and I pushed the man forward, causing him to turn to me with anger. His eyes shot black and his face angered. He ran towards me, following me to the centre of the classroom. I jumped over a desk, the demon just ramming past it, not seeming to neither care nor notice. The demon threw a punch, and I dodged it, kicking the man forward. The demon retaliated, pushing me into the cupboard of books, my back hitting the metal shelf causing me to yell out.

My sister ran over and pushed the demon into the desks behind him, pulling out her knife. She was ready to attack.

"That all you've got?" He laughed. My sister filled with rage and lunged at the demon with the knife but the demon didn't flinch.

The demon dodged the sharp knife and swerved my sister so that the demon was holding the blade of the knife against my sister's throat, causing a slight gasp to escape her throat. I clenched my jaw in anger. Nobody was going to kill my sister like that.

"Don't you fucking dare." I sneered, pulling out my gun and pointing it at the demon. His eyes rushed with black, engulfing what seemed to me the last humane thing about the vessel. My gun was loaded with rock salt. He tightened the grip on my sister's neck, putting a little more pressure on her neck. A little drop of blood escaped.

"Stab or shoot me all you want, honey. There will always be more of me to go around. So, you could shoot me, sure, but no knife or gun is going to kill Lilith." It smiled. It laughed maliciously. Suddenly, my sister used her free leg to kick the demon whilst it wasn't paying attention, causing it to fall back, the knife flying in the air out of the demonic grasp. I lunged for it, making sure it didn't get back in the grip of the evil son of a bitch. Thankfully, it landed on the floor nowhere near where the demon was, and I didn't have to worry about him reaching for it.

The demon tried to jump back at us; clearly angry at the fact that Carmine got away from the knifepoint. Although he tried to leap at us; he was not able to come after neither my sister; nor me because our planned worked perfectly. I smiled.

"Devils' Trap, bitch." I sneered, regaining my breath. I pointed to the ceiling of the classroom in which was spray painted black with the diagram in which kept the demons hostage. The demon just laughed, not seeming to care. He sat on the chair that happened to be in it, crossing his legs. I looked at my sister; who wiped the blood off her neck and nodded, as if to signal that she was fine and I shouldn't worry.

"You guys think you could get rid of us, don't you?" The man laughed. I clenched my fists. There was nothing I hated more than demons. "You can't kill me! Newsflash, you certainly can't kill who you're trying to find."

"We might not be able to kill you, but we sure as hell can exorcise you motherfuckers until you tell us where the fuck Lilith is." Carmine leered. She took out a bottle of holy water from her back pocket. "Would you like to find out what happens to those who don't cooperate?"

The demon smiled, shaking his head back and forth. "A little holy water? Wow, I'm terrified." Carmine opened up the bottle and looked at me. "I'm shaking in my shoes!" We made eye contact and I nodded, tilting my head.

"Bottoms up." She poured the water over the demons head, causing it to scream in agony as the holy water burned the skin of the man in front of us. Whilst the loud screams echoed the tiny classrooms, his voice was filled with both pain and laughter.

"You think you two whores are going to be able to fight Lilith?" The demon sneered, crossing his arms, clenching from the pain that the holy water inflicted upon him. "She's much more powerful than you're able to handle. She's only growing stronger by the hour. Soon enough, she'll be the most powerful demon to walk the Earth."

"We didn't ask you to analyse our odds, what we did ask, was where she is. So, you've got two choices," I taunted. "You could either tell us where the demon bitch is, or, we could send you back to where you came from." My fists clenched together. I had my book ready to exorcise.

"Sure, send me back, baby," the demon nudged, blinking so his eyes become pitch black. "I'll just come back and kill some more innocent people. Maybe some more children, this time. They're always the most fun."

"You better shut your-" I started, but my sister cut me off and held me back from punching him in the face. She knew that we didn't have much time to waste.

"Oh Carmine, sweet, sweet Carmine. Did you tell your little sister what you did? The sins you'll have to pay for eternally when you-" Carmine cut him off by punching him in the face.

"You shut your mouth." She derided, holding his two cheeks. Blood was coming out of his nose. "I will kill you."

"You didn't tell her? I guess the Arezal siblings aren't so close after all."

"Tell me what?" I interjected, staring at my sister, both confused and irritated on what was happening before me.

"Don't believe him; he's a demon. They speak nothing but lies." She reassured me, giving him another punch in the face.

"She's got an army. She's even too strong for the Winchester brothers." He laughed, his laugh echoing the once peaceful classroom. I looked over at Carmine, pursing my lips. "But try and find her and she'll kill you."

"How do you know the Winchesters' are searching for Lilith?" I queried, walking closer to the demon, becoming interested.

"Please, Sam and Dean are so far up her ass. They've been trying to get her since they found out she existed. It's only a matter of time before they both die fighting." He smiled menacingly. "When they both die will be the day in which Lilith will be at peace."

I looked at my sister. We'd only ever heard stories of the Winchester brothers; never had we been face to face with the brothers themselves. We always admired their hunting, but thought we were slightly better. We seemed to have less family drama. "You don't know anything, you low life-scum. For all we know you could be lying to us as we speak."

"I know more than you will ever know about Lilith, you skank. You think you can go and fight her? Go ahead. The end is near, my friend. Soon, Armageddon will rise. Just ask Carmine where she's going to be in a couple days, she knows how close the end is."

"I think we're done here, River." My sister stated, ignoring the last statement that the demon had said. The demon chuckled, but we ignored him. I widened my eyes and looked at Carmine. The reason we've been on the hunt for this demon was so that we could get information from it; yet she just wanted to leave? I had so many questions running through my mind. What did the demon have on my sister? Was Carmine hiding things from me?

"Done? We barely got any information out of the bastard!" I scoffed, frowning at my sister. I wasn't able to believe that she was giving up this easily, without getting that much information. It was just so unlike her to do so. So, out of character.

"Listen, I think we got enough." She stated, very clearly. I knew there was no use in trying to change her mind or get her to explain what the hell was going on. When it came to stuff like this; she claimed she knew the pushing points and the limits that we should extend to. Thus, I didn't fight it. She was usually right in the end, anyways. Plus I knew that if I had ignored her orders, she'd be less likely to answer me later.

"See you in Hell, Carmine." With that, the demon exited the body in a giant puff of smoke, erupted through the ceiling above. The lights were flickering; but I didn't look away. The black smoke in a powerful path began to pour out of the mouth of the janitor, sparks whirling around, pulsating and vanishing through the ceiling. Once the smoke had fully left the body of the poor janitor, all that was left of the man was to slump down to the ground. I knew the man would not wake up. Possession rarely left the victim with anything other than their deathbed. It was a painful and gruesome process for the human being to handle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 2.9K 50
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
205K 9.6K 31
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
1M 63.5K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
134K 4.7K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...