Heart Touching Stories: My Fa...

Por CharmarieMeow

I love reading stories that talk about reality and morals And this book contains my favorite stories that may... Más

Heart Touching Stories: My Favorite Collection of Love&Drama
Real Love is Golden Container
Where did you put the money?
True Story: Faith
Was it all worth it?
Marriage or Not
True Story: True Love
MOTHER'S LIE
The Hell is Real
Daddy's Little Girl
Last Love, Last Hug
God's Message To Men And Women
Never Judge Anyone
Blind Girl
Believe In Yourself
A Reply From CEO Of J.P. Morgan To A Pretty Girl Seeking A Rich Husband
My Mom Had Only One Eye
Enjoy Your Life At Every Moment
Don't Be Afraid
The Most Important Things In Life
Teddy Stoddard
Life Is A Gift. Think About It.
Hospital Window
Keep Your Dreams
Temper Control
A Glass Of Milk, Paid In Full
The Cookie Thief
A Bowl Of Noodles From A Stranger
The Fat Lady
The Pretty One
Mom's Last Laugh
If A Dog Was Your Teacher
The Doll And The White Rose
Dearest Grandmama
The Miracle Of A Brother's Song
How The Poor Live
Face Difficulties Positively
The Little Boy
I Have Learned . . .
A Touching Love Story
The Boy And The Priest
The Ghost
Text Me . . .
A Girl And A Boy Who Are Bestfriends
30 Days
The Lost Wallet, A Great Love Story
The Three Trees
Time
The Little Hut
The Broken Pot
25 One Liners
God's Road Signs
Footprints In The Sand
Send My Love To Heaven
Old Man's Phone

Be Contented About Your Life

161 1 0
Por CharmarieMeow

Wonder if any of you ever had the feeling that life is bad, real bad… and you wish you were in another situation? Do you find that life seems to make things difficult for you, work sucks, life sucks, everything seems to go wrong?

It was not until yesterday that I totally changed my views about life; after a conversation with one of my friends.

He told me despite taking 2 jobs, and bringing back barely above $1000 per month, he is happy as he is. I wonder how he can be as happy as he is now, considering that he has to skimp his life with the low pay to support a pair of old-age parents, in-laws, wife, 2 daughters and the many bills of a household.

He explained that it was through one incident that he saw in India.

That happened a few years ago when he was really feeling low and was touring India after a major setback. He said that right in front of his very eyes, he saw an Indian mother chopped off her child’s right hand with a chopper. The helplessness in the mother’s eyes, the scream of the pain from the innocent 4 years old child haunted him until today. You may ask why did the mother do so, has the child been naughty, was the child’s hand infected??

No, it was done for two simple words — to beg. The desperate mother deliberately caused the child to be handicapped so that the child can go out to the streets to beg. I cannot accept how this could happen, but it really did, just in another part of the world which I don’t see.

Taken aback by the scene, he dropped a small piece of bread he was eating half-way. And almost instantly, flock of 5 or 6 children swamp towards this small piece of bread which was then covered with sand, robbing of bits from one another. The natural reaction of hunger. Striken by the happenings, he instructed his guide to drive him to the nearest bakery. He arrived at two bakeries and bought every single loaf of bread he found in the bakeries.

The owner is dumb-folded, but willing, sold everything. He spent less than $100 to obtain about 400 loaf of bread (this is less than $0.25/per loaf) and spend another $100 to get daily necessities. Off he went in the truck full of bread into the streets. As he distributed the bread and necessities to the children (mostly handicapped) and a few adults, he received cheers and bows from these unfortunate. For the first time in life he wonder how people can give up their dignity for a loaf of bread which cost less than $0.25. He began to ask himself how fortunate he is as a Singaporean. How fortunate he to be able to have a complete body, have a job, have a family, have the chance to complain what food is nice what isn’t, have the chance to be clothed, have the many things that these people in front of him are deprived of…

Now I begin to think and feel it, too. Was my life really that bad?

Perhaps….no… it should not be bad at all….

What about you? Maybe the next time you think you are, think about the child who lost one hand to beg on the streets.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.9K 78 22
SHOT IN THE DARK (literally) My life was completely flipped upside down and why you might ask. Because I made the stupid decision to fall in love. I...
23.1K 102 13
**Please note that my short stories contain explicit content** Therefore, if you are not a fan of dark encounters between people in unusual situation...
51.2K 741 26
I'm baaaaack A collection of things I wrote that I didn't publish yet PLUS new ideas yayyy This one is gonna have certain themes that aren't super po...
1K 78 22
It seems like just yesterday I was saved. Not knowing what to do next or where I should go. Little by little I had to find my way and put together...