Zion |✔️ {featured on Wattpad...

Από AmythestWinter

Highest Rank: #1 in Werewolf | A Featured Wattpad Novel Her mate didn't want her, so the Alpha King claimed h... Περισσότερα

Destiny (edited)
ONE (edited)
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
Forever Tainted
Sybil
The Aftermath of Our Sins

FIFTY-TWO

210K 8.8K 471
Από AmythestWinter

"She was damn intelligent for sure," Zion begins, leaning back in his seat as he tries to remain relaxed. But I can see right through his facade, how his hands are clenched into fists by his side and his eyes harden. "Went to MIT for a computer major. She was a warrior for her pack, one hell of a warrior. Simply put, my father wanted her, she came, I met my mate, father sent her away, and she was murdered. End of story."

He doesn't want to talk at all about her. I can understand why. He fell head over heels for her only for a man who she picked over him to kill. But Nixon never got Lillian in the end. She may of picked Nixon to marry and try to begin a family with, only to start an affair with Zion, sentencing her to death the moment Nixon discovered the secret.

"My King, I know it's a miserable topic to unravel from your past, but the Kingdom deserves to know her story. I swear to you, my King, just as scribes for the marble tablets have done for centuries, your story shall never be heard until your passing."

Zion's passing...how far away is that?

Is that when we returns to the battlefield or when he dies at old age after we live a beautiful life together.

Legend tells that when a King dies, a new star is born within the Galaxy. A star of eternal brightness.

"That is the story of Lillian Rice, Lord Kane," Zion states, a tone of anger making its way up. "You know the rest of my story."

Zion gets to his feet, storming out of the room as the doors fly open.

I stay seated, the spence consuming Lord Kane and I as the doors shut with a loud echo. I'll give Zion some time alone. He needs it. He needs to calm down and I respect that.

Turning back to Lord Kane, I feel miserable for the way Zion has treated him. Yet, Lord Kane knew coming here with that topic would anger Zion.

"Lord Kane, how do you know about Lillian Rice? Hardly anyone knows. Not even the media knows."

He places Lillian's file back into a briefcase. "The walls have ears in the palace, Sybil...did Zion ever tell you about the walls of the palace?"

I shake my head no.

"He thinks of it as the story of his youth," Lord Kane begins. "He tells the story of how the walls of the palace are his haven, his muse. He would play piano in one room while his father killed a man in the room right next door." Lord Kane gets to his feet. "He says that many come to the palace seeking prosperity and ranking, only to be thrown into a world of people wanting you or your reputation dead, how scandals lurk around every corner."

"What does Zion get out of this 'speech?'" I ask, getting to my feet as Lord Kane approaches me.

"He tells the story of why he loves the palace. Why he finds it his home and sanctuary. Sometimes it may seem like Zion detests this place, where so many he knew have died, but he loves the palace. He loves every aspect of it."

Lord Kane holds out his hand to shake.

I take his hand, only for Lord Kane to lead me down the opposite way of which Zion left. "Where are we going?" I ask, uncertain of what is going on.

"I do not believe Zion has taken you to this room yet, nor would I blame him. It's one room he's not fondest of."

"I've explored every room in this palace," I comment, only for Lord Kane to shake his head.

"Not this one."

The doors open and we are out in a hallway, passing bye ancient tapestries and paintings from past wolf empires. A set of many stairs and we are soon at the tallest tower of the palace.

"So, where the room?"

Before us is an opening to just an impressive view of the village about two miles or so away.

Lord Kane let's go of my hand, telling me to hold on as he places his briefcase down. Facing a wall with bricks, Lord Kane pushed upon one of the bricks.

"So a hidden room," I mumble, watching as the stones unravel and before us is not a room, but the portal to somewhere I've never seen.

"It's a portal to an ancient ruin that Wolf Kingdoms have repaired for centuries. Under the ruin is where secrets are kept."

"What do you mean by secrets?" I ask, watching as Lord Kane simple ignores me, stepping through the portal as he vanishes.

"Damnit."

I step through, my whole thoughts upon Zion. I need to tell him. I have to tell him before he leaves.

Almost like walking right through water, I enter a whole different location from where I just was. The room I'm in is at least as big as the throne room, the whole room marvels from white marble as Lord Kane stands before a staircase heading downward. Pillars are along the outskirts of the building, different statues between them as I already recognize many. This is where Zion's body will one day lay in eternal sleep.

Each King's body is wrapped up, places into a marble block that elves deal with magic, and the most beautiful flowers are placed upon those as magic also is placed upon the flowers, making them last forever.

"Where are we going, because I do not wish to see a bunch of caskets," I state, following behind Lord Kane. No one from the public eye has ever been allowed in here, meaning I may as well be one of the few rogues to ever do so.

"Follow me, Queen Sybil."

I follow behind, stones glowing to light our path as we go down a long staircase.

"I know you already know you are not the first rogue Queen." I nod. "I want to show you one of the rogue Queen's story, for you know your name will one day be put next to your husband's as your story is also told."

"I understand," I mutter, hating the idea of my body buried down here. It's a private tomb beside the lake where Selene is, as legend says, to of crafted the first werewolf. The lake has three different tomb sites, one for each werewolf empire: the West, East, and South. Kings and Queens either Great or Evil buried in their own private chambers. The death of a King or Queen is a massive media journey.

Not only that, but once they are proclaimed dead, a golden lace fabric is pulled over their body, their attire being their robes, best dress/suit, and for Zion's Empire, a thin silver crown with sapphire gems. The next day the Alphas are called from all around to prepare for the ceremony.

As the title of King or Queen is passed on through family, the deceased leader will be carried from the palace upon a beautiful, thin, marble slab with white sheets as flowers are thrown upon the body and those attending now their heads.

These ceremonies are very traditional, during the night as the King's guard leads the leader one last time to their eternal sleep.

"Queen Sybil."

I nod, entering a small hall that opens to a beautiful room.

Here are two marble caskets with statues of the King and Queen, their stories upon the walls.

"One day I will ask for your story."

"When?" I ask, turning to face Lord Kane as he leads me to the left side of the room. "You asked Zion today."

"I ask when I feel it appropriate."

My skin turns pale. "Are you assuming he will die s-

"I assume nothing. I take the records when I deem it wise."

A grown forms upon my lips as Lord Kane motions me to come and see what he looks upon.

"Queen Kloe, a rogue and beauty. Legend says it was her blue eyes alone that drew the King to her."

"How did they meet?" I ask, looking upon the letters I cannot read on the stone. It's all in Latin, as my own story shall be as well.

"The King was holding a battle between rogues, trying to find a victor. Her father was placed into the ring and the King saw her pleading with a guard. He said she could either marry him or have her father lose the battle."

"I assume she stayed with him," I comment, only to watch as Lord Kane shakes his head.

"She fought for her father, stepping into the ring for him. No women rogues were allowed to fight, and she decided to do that, let her father live. Her opponent died within minutes of the fight."

"So how did the King win her?" I ask, tracing my fingers upon the letters as Lord Kane looks back for the statue of Queen Kloe. With long hair that surpasses her waist, her face carved to perfection, and her eyes, so much detail upon those.

"He pursued Queen Kloe for one year until she gave into his charm. They married within a week."

"They were mates?" I ask, cocking my head to the side.

"They both knew the instant they saw one another, only rogues were different from today, how the royals treated them. Thy both knew the threat they were put their sides in. King Theodore and Queen Kloe were the true Romeo and Juliet, just that they lived longer. He died in battle and she died two years later after giving up."

The mood turns bitter. Way to ruin the moment. "Why are you telling me their stories? To teach me something?"

"You will be known as a rogue Queen, Queen Sybil, and I'm showing you fellow rogue Queen's journeys to the throne."

"Then whose next?" I ask. "A Queen that went insane or died for her Kingdom?"

"Neither, the next I want to show you is your own."

I raise an eyebrow as Lord Kane leads me out of the chamber, down a long hall and into another chamber. Yet this chamber bears no caskets, only empty ones as the words upon the walls are not even finished. "This is where you shall be laid to rest beside Zion after many years."

Many years.

I pray.

"Why show me this?" I ask, cocking my head to the side as Lord Kane shows me Zion's side.

"King Zion's wall has been started. His childhood."

"What was his childhood like?" I ask, looking at the words I cannot read. Zion has told me much of his childhood as I have of my own. His is one that makes my heart pound in my chest as I wonder what emotions it left upon him that I still have not uncovered.

"Happy until his mother died. Happy in a sense of what his parents were like to him. Devastating in how he was to prepare for the role as King. At seven his father had him watch an Alpha that tried to kill the King get his head ripped off his spine."

Sebastian. My own mate met a similar death. The mate whose murderer I married and love with my heart. The man whose child I now bear.

"Why show me Zion's wall?"

"Future, Sybil. Past and future is what this wall holds. Your past written and your future to be written. It's tradition for every Queen to be shown this place, their chamber to be buried. Secrets have no domain here. Truth is all that lies here." Lord Kane leans against the wall. "You cannot lie upon these tablets, so, people like me who take on the role of writing these stories down take Queens down here to tell them they can ask anything about their husband and all secrets will be told."

"So basically I ask anything about Zion and you have to tell me?" I clarify, looking to the wall that tempts me to ask endless questions. But what would that show? I take advantage of an opportunity to ask things I would be too much of a coward to ask Zion? It would show I do not trust or pounce too early to get any news. Sure, I want to know so much about Zion that I may not know, but Zion will tell me.

He tells me now.

I could ask about Lillian, about what she was like. I could ask about Zion's first crush or even his parents. I could ask topics about Zion I know Zion would not want to speak of.

But that would show distrust.

I trust Zion.

"No."

"No?" Lord Kane asks, confused.

"I hold no questions."

"You have one chance to do this, Sybil. You don't have any questions over something you are unsure of with Zion?"

"I know if I want those questions answered, I will ask Zion."

Lord Kane cocks his head to the side. "Are you serious?" I nod. "You truly trust him-

"Should I question his every motive and action?"

"No-

"Then no," I reply. "I trust Zion and if I want something answered, he is who I shall approach upon the matter."

Lord Kane nods, speechless as I look around the room. "Should we leave, I don't like the fact that I'm in the room where I shall one day by burrows."

A soft chuckle leaves Lord Kane as he nods his head. "Yes, we shall leave, Queen Sybil."

As we leave the temple, I know the endless chances I have just thrown away. I could of asked anything and yet I threw that all out the window.

As we enter the palace once more and part ways, the question I was dying to ask most pounds against my skull, wanting to be let loose still. I held back that question, never letting it leave my mouth as I knew the consequences I would play with if I had asked it.

The question?

What was the question?

Simple:

Will Zion last long enough to see his son...

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

85.9K 2.4K 28
BOOK ONE IN THE REJECTION SERIES.... COMPLETED BUT REWRITTING What happens when you find your mate and it turns out they are already mated and in lov...
Forgotten Mates Από Colvyr

Λυκάνθρωπος

81.6K 2.7K 33
broken hurt tortured hope was something that Sammy had held onto all his life,he was kind caring helpful and he never complained when he was tortured...
Rejected Από Golden Star

Λυκάνθρωπος

600K 15.3K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...
Nixon Από Amythest Winter

Λυκάνθρωπος

3.9M 131K 58
Never speak unless spoken to. Never look into his eyes. Never step out of line. Never speak his name. Never turn your back to him. And most of a...