Beta

By ashleylaurenwrites

SPIN OFF TO LUNA AND ALPHA! WILL HELP IF YOU READ LUNA BUT READING ALPHA IS NOT NECESSARY! Carlie and Conner... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter 3

5.6K 148 14
By ashleylaurenwrites

"How come I've never had this flavor before?" Sammy asked as she shoved another spoonful of the salted caramel frozen yogurt into her mouth. I put some of the cookies and cream flavor in mine, laughing at my best friend.

"Because it's the flavor of the month, that's why," I said, laughing even more as she shoved another spoon full into her mouth.

"Well it's really good. I hope they decide to keep this as a permanent flavor once the month is up," she said. "Anyways, when do we want me to seduce David?" Her voice was a low whisper now, not wanting anybody to overhear us.

"I don't know. We should wait like a week or two, just to give it some time. We can come up with some dumb excuse like you wanted to make sure they were done before you made your move," I said, taking another bite of my yogurt. Sammy nodded, finishing her yogurt.

"Yeah, then we have time to figure out what I'll say to get it out of him," she said, standing up. I took the last bite of my yogurt and got up as well. We threw our bowls away and made our way out of the mall. We found my car and hopped in, getting comfortable. "We have to trick him into saying it. I can't just ask him why he cheated on Alexis." I nodded, starting up the car and heading out of the parking lot. I plugged in my phone and Sammy went to the music app to find our playlist.

"Let's go to my house first, I want to put my clothes away," Sammy said, referring to the pile of bags in the bag of my car. She reached over and turned the music up because Work From Home by Fifth Harmony was on.

Driving with Sammy and I would probably drive any normal person into a mental institution. Neither of us were bad drivers but it was more was happened inside the car then outside. The radio was always plugged into one of our phones and blasting music and we would practically be screaming out the lyrics. If we weren't doing that then we were having a pretty intense discussion about the craziest things that you could only wonder how the topic came up.

The mall wasn't that far from home and we reached our street by the end of the next song, which had been Into You by Ariana Grande.

We got her bags out of the car and entered the house. I was able to smell my mate before I saw him, sitting in the living room with the TV on. "Please don't say or do anything," Sammy begged me as she noticed him as well. She hurried up the stairs thinking that I was right behind her but Conner had decided to look my way and a silly grin sat on his face. I jokingly rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face before following Sammy upstairs to her room. I took two steps at a time so I would catch up to her and was right behind her as she opened the door to her room. "Thank you," she said as she closed the door behind us. I smile at her, plopping the bags I was carrying on the floor and flopping onto her bed.

"What now?" I asked, looking over at her as she began go hang all her new clothes up in her closet.

"We put my clothes away, then go to your house and put yours away. Then we figure out what to do because I really don't know," Sammy said, her voice briefly muffled because she was across the room.

"Sounds good to me. I'm gonna go make some sandwiches or something," I said, crawling off the bed and heading downstairs for a completely different reason then I had said. I did want food but I was also aching to see my mate, even if it was only for a few minutes.

Come into the kitchen, I mind linked him, heading in there and pulling out the bread and the food I felt like having on my sandwich. He walked in seconds later and pulled me into a tight hug, burying his nose in my neck and inhaling deeply. I wrapped my arms around this neck, the feeling of sparks erupting along my arms.

"I missed you," he said, pulling his head away from my neck and resting his forehead against mine. The sight of his light brown eyes had me melting at the knees, and they were sparkling with some kind of emotion. A cheeky smile sat on his lips as he stared at me.

"What?" I asked, a small laugh escaping my lips and I couldn't help the smile that automatically came with it.

"You look beautiful today," he said. I thought about the perfectly messy topknot my hair was in and the outfit so was wearing today, which consisted of a pair of denim shorts and a white t-shirt crop top that ended just above the shorts.

"Thank you," I smiled. I couldn't wait anymore and so stood on my toes, pressed my lips to his. The tingles that I had felt on my lips previously exploded into fireworks as Conner pressed his lips even harder on to mine. My fingers buried themselves in his dirty blonde hair, gently tugging at some of the strands earning a low groan from him.

"If you do that again I'll take you right here over the counter and I don't care who's home," he muttered into our kiss. I pulled away and started laughing, shaking my head.

"That would be considered rape because I wouldn't do it willingly," I pointed out, a smirk on my face. I was flipped around and his arms wrapped tightly around my waist, his fingers trailing along the sliver of skin visible between my shirt and shorts.

"Babe, you'll accept anything I do to you more then willingly." The trail of sparks he was leaving ignited and I knew that I wanted him, and soon.

"Damn right I will," I smirked, doing my best to turn around so I could face him again.

"Therefore it wouldn't be considered rape." His lips were back on mine and my body was flushed against his.

"I really have to make these sandwiches before Sammy becomes suspicious," I moaned as his lips traveled down my jawline and to my neck. "I swear to god if you leave any sort of mark or hickey I won't sleep with you for a week," I warned.

"Carlie you could barely resist me for a minute, much less an entire week," he said, pulling back and staring at me intently.

"Whatever," I muttered, turning around and working on the sandwiches. His hands rested on my waist, sparks erupting along my skin. His lips found my neck again and he began to place soft kisses along my neck and collarbone, leaving sparks of pleasure wherever his lips made contact with my skin. "Fuck," I moaned softly, leaning into his touch.

Fifteen minutes later I finally made it back upstairs with a plate of sandwiches, a very reluctant Conner refusing to let me leave until I threatened to knee him in the balls.

Sammy was still putting the last of her stuff away as I walked into her room. "You might want to check the group chat," she said immediately, and I groaned as I realized that it was going to be more drama between Alexis and David.

After reading through the messages from the last twenty minutes and eating one of the sandwiches, I threw my phone onto the bed in frustration. "Why the hell did she take him back. He's just going to continue to cheat on her!"

"I know. At least we can still figure out why he's cheating on her. Once we have a reason then hopefully she'll break up with him for good."

"Yeah, hopefully," I muttered sarcastically, taking a bite of my second sandwich.

A couple minutes later Sammy came out of her closet and grabbed a sandwich. "Ready to go back to your house?" I nodded and we headed downstairs and outside.

I drove my car across the street and we brought my bags up to my room and started to put my stuff away. "Maybe we should wait until Alexis and David break up again for me to seduce him," Sammy said.

"That's a better idea. We don't want Alexis to misunderstand and think that we were one of the girls he was cheating on her with," I said, hanging up a new dress on the hanger.

"Exactly," Sammy said.

An hour later I was laying on my bed, my phone in my hands as I scrolled through Instagram. "Carlie! It's dinner time!" My mom called from downstairs. I threw my phone done onto the bed and hurried downstairs. The smell of burgers filled my nose and I sprinted into the kitchen, sliding to a stop on the hardwood floor. Natalia was already sitting down at the table we had in the kitchen, along with my eleven year old brother Caleb and my seven year old sister Mallory. My dad had come into the kitchen right after me.

My mom brought everyone a plate and we all sat down together before eating. My dad was the best at cooking burgers. They always tasted better then any burger from McDonalds or Burger King, and they were a lot healthier too. "Mom can Maxi and Raiven sleepover?" Natalia asked, referring to Taylor and Xander's second child and Tessa and Aiden's second child.

"Sure, what time are they coming?" She asked.

"Probably in like an hour," she said, taking a bite of her burger.

"If she's having Maxi and Raiven sleepover can I have Cory, Dylan and Avalon sleepover?" Caleb asked, look between our parents. Cory was Thomas and Mia's third child and Conners younger brother. Dylan was the third and last child of Tessa and Aiden, and Avalon was the fifth child of Taylor and Xander.

"I don't care, I'll asked their mom's about it," my mom said, and her eyes glazed over as she mind linked them.

"If they're having friends sleepover can I have Emmett sleepover! Please daddy!" Mallory begged.

Well fuck, how am I suppose to sneak out and see Conner when my house has become the party grounds?

"Don't you want to have a friend over too?" My dad asked me. I internally groaned because I technically already had plans but I couldn't tell him that.

"I'm spending the night at Sammy's," I lie. He nodded and turned back to the conversation, which was now onto our family vacation next week.

Crap, I forgot about that.

Anyways, now I'll have to tell Sammy that I'm spending the night at her house. Not that I mind but she's going to get suspicious with everything and that's the last thing I want.

I quickly finished my burger and hurried upstairs to text Sammy, telling her that I was sleeping over and would be over in less then five minutes. I got a quick text of 'ok, I'll be home soon' back as I grabbed my charger and shoes before heading downstairs. "I'm heading over to Sammy's!" I called.

"Bye! See you tomorrow!" My mom called from the kitchen.

I quickly hurried over to Sammy's, letting myself in because I had known them since I was born and we were family. I met Mia in the kitchen, who gave me a hug before telling me that Sammy was getting some groceries and I could go up to her room and wait for her.

I put my phone and shoes in there before sneaking across the hall to Conners room. I let myself in, not wanting to knock and have Mia wonder what I was doing. The second the door was closed I was pressed against it and a pair of lips attacked mine.

Tingled erupted along my waist as Conner's arms wrapped tightly around it, pulling me closer to him. I tangled my hands in his dirty blonde hair, tugging on the strands a little and earning a satisfied moan from him.

"I missed you," he whispered, once we were forced to pull away for air. We were both breathing heavily as he rested his forehead against mine, and I'm pretty sure both of our lips were swollen.

"You just saw my like an hour ago," I said, placing delicate kisses along his jawline and down to his neck.

"An hour is too much for me," he responded, his hands gripping my butt as he lifted me up so I could wrap my legs around his waist. He went and laid down on the bed so I was on top of him, or bodies pressed together. I continued my mini assault on his neck, careful not to leave any kind of mark.

A satisfied groan escaped his mouth and my wolf howled, wanting to make love to him right then. "You know we can't right now, right?" I said, coming nose to nose with him. "Sammy will be back soon and I'm suppose to be waiting in her room right now." Conner groaned before kissing me again.

"Once she's asleep we'll sneak out. I promise," I whispered, kissing him once more before crawling off of him. "I love you." I bounced back over to Sammy's room, my emotions on some kind of drunk high right now.

Sammy was home within two minutes after that and I was glad that I left Conner when I did (not that I was glad that I had to leave him at all). Sammy didn't fall asleep until almost two, and then I was finally able to sneak out with Conner into the woods. It was past four when we finally came back and I was worried that Sammy may have noticed that I was missing but when I got back to her room, she was still fast asleep. I fell asleep soon after that to Conner mind linking me dirty thoughts that made me want to burst out into laughter. Needless to say, it was the most interesting way I had fallen asleep so far.

I'm so sorry for the late update but here's an extra long chapter to make up to it! I have the storyline planned out by chapter and this chapter needed to reach this point and it just kept going on and on and yeah.

VOTE!

COMMENT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 510 5
Four generations of war ended the moment he saw her. Alpha Kane has been waiting six years for his mate. Unable to search for her because of the gen...
474K 13.6K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
5.5K 220 39
*Now rated Mature because of final chapter* In a world where shifters live on reservations and cater to the human's whims, there are also advantages...
5.6K 92 17
Raven was the Beta of her cousin's pack. Best friend to the Luna. That was until she found out who her mate was. In their world werewolves don't age...