Skyrim: Story of a Soul

By Mauplak

This story is based around my character in Skyrim: the Keeper of Souls. This story is not an ordinary one. It... More

Birth of a soulless story

The journey of insanity

5 1 1
By Mauplak

It was a cold and freezing night. I heard the howls of wolves. They were close and fast, but so was I.
'Come closer Hertias, enjoy the company of my soul'. 'What was that?' I asked myself, but there was no one around. Only me, my tent and my campfire. 'Give me my body back. Give it to me!' There it is again. I asked myself if I was going insane. 'Don't do it Hertias, please don't do it.' It sounded exactly like my mother. 'Don't give your father his body back.' Then I asked myself again: 'Am I going insane?' I ignored the voices, but after a while they came back, louder and louder until I could only hear the voices. 'Stop it!', I screamed. But it didn't help. 'Listen to me, my son: go to Skyrim, land of the Nords and....'
Then it stopped as sudden as it came. 'Skyrim it is then.' That's what I said, not questioning if the voice even said the truth.

'Hands up!' That's the first thing I heard when I woke up. I was just camping a few kilometers from the border of Skyrim when suddenly there were Imperial soldiers fighting off a group of Stormcloaks. 'Kill them'. 'I said hands up, now!' I put my hands in the air and as soon as I did that I was dragged from my tent and put in a carriege. I didn't know them, but neither did they know me. One of the Stormcloaks, Ralof, asked where I came from. I didn't answer. 'I asked you a question. Are you deaf?' I ignored him. 'So many souls tied to a lead of the Aldmeri Dominion, what a shame.' The voice....it wanted souls to feed itself. I need to feed it. As soon as we stopped, at what looks like a fort, I shouted:'One of the prisoners escaped!' Everyone was in shock, just like I wanted to. I took this moment as a chance to run and go north, to Whiterun, to a safe place. When I thought about all these things the Imperials already saw me running. 'Kill them all'.This time I listened. First came what looked like a dremora. It began to slaughter them, but it was taken down by the archers. Then came something that looked like a soultrapping spell, but much more powerful and deadly. I didn't know if I could control it, so I tried. I couldn't. When I tried that my hands began to glow and I heard voices: 'Help me, get me out of here!'....'What about my wife, my family?' Those were voices of the people I killed...I killed them.

Three days have passed and I still don't know what happened. I tried to figure it out, but I simply couldn't. I first thought that it must have been someone else, someone of the army. But that couldn't explain why my hands were glowing. Then I remembered the ring. My fathers ring. It was enchanted, but with what kind of soul? With this in my mind I went to Whiterun, going further on the journey of insanity.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 4.8K 99
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
29.2K 1.4K 25
Princess Bella, the first and only daughter of the famous rulers of the United Kingdom of Auradon, Belle and Beast. The twin sister of Prince Ben, yo...
559K 18K 161
Genre: Space, Doting, Farming, Time travel, Healing Alternative: 空间之农家女是团宠 Author: 小糊涂大仙 Synopsis: Xu Linyue from the 21st century crossing over with...
174K 4.1K 94
As the Maid of Evil, Y/n sacrifices her life for her twin brother. As the Mist Hashira, Y/n sacrifices her life for humanity. But not anymore will Y...