The Prince of Mirkwood (a Leg...

By gorlogsbeard

I watch in horror, as the arrow lodges itself into Legolas's chest. He grunts slightly and then falls to the... More

The Prince of Mirkwood (a Legolas fan fic)
Ch. 1: Home
Ch. 2: Visitors
Ch. 3: Prisoners
Ch. 4: Who Are You?
Ch 5: Waiting
Ch.6: Meeting the King
Ch.8: In a Tree
Ch.9: My Friend
Ch.10: Orc Attack
Ch.11: A Great Elf
Ch. 12: Visiting
Ch.13: The River
Ch.14: Remembrance
Ch.15: The Rangers
Ch. 16: Another Visit
Ch.17: Gone
Ch.18: Departure
Ch.19: Awake
Ch.20: You Doubted Me?
Ch.21: A New Position
Ch. 22: A Walk
Ch. 23: Gollum
Ch.24: A Nuisance
Ch.25: It'll Never Work
Ch.26: You Can't Stop Me
Ch.27: The Battle for Thranduil's Hall
Ch.28: Nothing is for Certain
Ch.29: Understanding
Ch.30: It Needs To Stop
Ch.31: Come With Me
Ch.32: You Were Right
Ch.33: Not Anymore
Ch.34: Searching
Ch.35: The Stonebird Tavern
Ch.36: Watch
Ch.37: Sheer Terror
Ch.38: Revenge
Ch.39: Pretty Eyes
Ch.40: Perfection, regardless of rejection
Ch.41: All Her Tears
Ch.42: Our Home
Epilogue
The King of Mirkwood
Author's Note
Author's Note (IMPORTANT)
SEQUEL

Ch.7: Threats

9.1K 277 17
By gorlogsbeard

Glynnii's pov

I walk along the Mirkwood border when Thallan comes up behind me.

"Glynn, the king has requested our presence." He tells me.

"All of us?" I ask. He nods. I frown slightly, not knowing what was going on. I start walking back through the forest, in the direction of the king's hall. I see fellow border guards walking towards it too. When I enter the palace, I see Legolas. His eyes brighten when he sees me. I walk over to him.

"What's going on?" I ask him in a hushed voice.

"We are warning everyone of...some new...uh....threats." He says cautiously. I frown slightly.

"Threats?" I repeat. He nods and then puts a hand on my shoulder, which I attempt to shrug off, but he keeps a firm grip. "It's nothing to worry about." I shoot him a glance.

"Is that so? If it's nothing to worry about, why has the king summoned us?" I ask before walking into the throne room with all the other Mirkwood guards. Legolas rushes after me.

"Glynnii, wait." He pleads. I turn to him and look hardly into his bright blue eyes.

"First of all, please call me Glynn." I tell him. "And second of all, I need to listen to this. I need to know what's going on." Then I turn and move through the crowd of elves to get closer to King Thranduil. He stands and his gaze wanders on all of us.

"As you know, we recently captured three Rangers and a small unknown creature." He booms. "But we have been informed that this creature is now under our protection and that others may come in hopes to take him." His gaze fixes upon me. "So now we must double the patrols, be more cautious of everything we do; in case of any attacks on Mirkwood." He pauses. "We will be expecting everyone to be prepared and ready for anything, and to protect Mirkwood." He looks at us one last time before sitting down in his throne. "That'll be all." Murmurs immediately ripple through the crowd. Suddenly I realize something. I rush over to Legolas.

"Couldn't someone attack us now?!" I hiss. "When we have no one out there!" His eyes widen.

"EVERYONE!" He shouts. "GET TO YOUR POSTS NOW!" I nod at him one last time before rushing out of the palace and into the woods of Mirkwood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 273 14
Legolas Greenleaf steps into a new dimension, meets a young girl whose father looks exactly like his. What could possible go wrong? --- Middle Earth...
28.3K 1K 17
Four arrows hit the Mirkwood elf before he fell. "Legolas!" Words had been said, but no one can turn back time. "I should have listened to you before...
169K 5.2K 25
The title is pretty self-explanatory. I own none of the recognizable characters, places etc. I only own my original characters and plot lines. I will...
15.8K 475 13
"Clouds of fear were quickly covering the once cheerful blue sky. You knew then how unprepared for battle the people of Lake-town were. As you l...