WAR OF HEARTS ↠ KOL MIKAELSON

By parxdisejpg

❝SHE WEARS STRENGTH AND DARKNESS EQUALLY WELL, THE GIRL HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF GODDESS, HALF HELL.❞ [THE ORIGIN... More

THE RISE: EPIGRAPH
THE RISE: PROLOGUE
1:01
1:02
1:03
1:04
1:05
1:06
1:07
1:08
1:09
1:10
1:11
1:12
1:13
1:14
1:15
1:16
1:17
1:18
1:19
1:20
1:21
THE RISE: EPILOGUE
THE STAND: EPIGRAPH
2:01
2:02
2:03
2:04
2:05
2:06
2:07
2:08
2:09
2:10
2:11
2:12
2:13
2:14
2:15
2:16
2:17
2:18
2:19
2:20
2:21
2:22
2:23
THE STAND ↠ EPILOGUE
THE AFTERMATH ↠ EPIGRAPH
3:02
3:03
3:04
3:05
3:06
3:07
3:08
3:09
3:10
3:11
3:12
3:13
3:14 / EPILOGUE
FOR HOPE, FOR FAMILY ↠ EPIGRAPH(S)
prologue
4:01
4:02
4:03
4:04
4:05
epilogue
New chapters chosen by YOU
THE ONE WHERE HE DIED
THE ONE WHERE HE WAS UNDAGGERED

3:01

27.3K 620 626
By parxdisejpg

| THE AFTERMATH:
CHAPTER ONE |

"You know, for a minute, I thought I'd brought you back for you to sleep for all of time." Rhea spoke up from her seat across the room, she'd been reading a book when she heard Kol start to stir, he'd been asleep for three days and she was starting to worry.

"Regenerating from ashes takes a lot out of a man," he groaned as he got out of the bed and started walking towards her, "But you and I both know my stamina is usually a lot more impressive." He said with a smirk.

Rhea rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help the blush that spread across her face.

"You have no idea how badly I want to kiss you right now." He confessed.

Rhea smirked, "Well what're you waiting for?" Kol stopped walking, glancing up at the sunlight that was streaming through the large window in Rhea's bedroom.

He held his hand up to the sunlight, causing it to burn, he groaned slightly, "Well I can take the heat." He finally yanked his hand away, "If it means I get to kiss you, but I don't think you'd be too pleased if I burnt down your apartment."

Rhea avoided his gaze, she'd forgotten that he was now back to being an original, she didn't want him to go back to how he used to be— in fear of losing him again because of his antics.

"Kol, when you were a witch.. You were so different and now you're a vampire again, I don't want you to go back to being a—" he cut her off.

"A psychotic maniac." He gave her an understanding smile, he realised that being with him all these years had come at a cost for her, so many times she had been hurt because of him and a majority of the time, because of his actions. He swore he was going to be better this time, for her.

Rhea rolled her eyes, "You're so over dramatic."

"Rhea," he started, "I know that in the past, my own actions have lead to my death, and seeing you in so much pain, crippled me. You've always looked after me, so this time, let me look after you. I promise you can trust me."

Rhea gave him a small smile, hoping his words were true before walking towards him. When she got close, she immediately leant forward to kiss him. The kiss was passionate, yet sweet, all at the same time. Their starved lips losing themselves in the other.

Kol reluctantly pulled away slightly and held up his hand, "I really need you to put a ring on this finger."

"Funny, I'm sure I've been saying those words for centuries." She teased, Kol grinned, a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

"We have a family reunion, first."

Rhea chuckled, "Yeah, about that, pretty sure Klaus is going to kill me on site."

Kol raised a brow, "Yet you're not bothered?"

Rhea grinned, "Save Klaus' sireline or bring you back? Funnily enough, I think I made the right decision— and I'd choose it again and again."

▽▲▽▲▽

Rhea was strutting into the Compound, head held high, waiting for Klaus to make a move. As expected, as soon as she entered the courtyard, he pinned her against a support beam by the shoulders.

"If you were anyone else, you'd be quite dead, by now, sweetheart." Klaus threatened, "I'm curious, why would you come here alone?"

Rhea wasn't the slightest bit afraid, because as he finished talking, Kol vamp-sped into courtyard, tossing Klaus to the opposite side. Once Klaus was on hit feet again, he looked absolutely stunned to see his brother stood in front of him.

Kol smirked, looking to Rhea and then back to Klaus, "She didn't come alone, brother."

Klaus continued to stare at him in shock and disbelief as Freya and Elijah came downstairs to see what the commotion was.

"Now, Nik, I mean, you did just go after my girl." Kol warned.

"It can't be." Klaus breathed out, not believing what he was seeing.

"Well it is, breaking your sire link created a surge of power." Rhea said, stepping in the middle of Kol and Klaus.

Freya threw Rhea a cold look, "You stole the nexus vorti."

Rhea rolled her eyes, "Freya, you're very welcome that I resurrected your brother."

Kol walked towards his siblings, ready to defend Rhea at all costs, "You should be thanking her, really."

Out of nowhere, Klaus lunged forward, bringing Kol into a tight embrace. The latter looked both shocked and pleased at his brothers reaction.

Once they pulled away, Kol turned to Elijah, "Hello, Elijah."

"You haven't aged a day." Elijah said with a smile, glad to see his younger brother again.

Kol turned to Freya, frowning, "And you..?"

"Freya." She said with a small smile.

Rhea slipped her hand into Kol's, "Otherwise known as your long-lost older sister."

Kol nodded in realisation, "Speaking of twists and turns in our family tree, where might Rebekah be?"

"That's a long story," Klaus told him, "As per usual, our family faces a multitude of threats and although I'm not sure if Rhea is one, I think she can help with our current predicament."

Rhea laughed bitterly, "What makes you think I'm going to help you with anything?"

"Well you can either stay and help, or you can go, seeing as I'm sure you'll prove to be nothing more than a distraction to my brother." Klaus warned, Kol let out a frustrated sigh.

"You know if you could only pull your head out of your-" Kol started, but Rhea cut him off, placing a hand on his chest. Calming him instantly.

"Kol, it's okay," she turned to Klaus, "I'll stay and help."

Kol looked down at her, "I know I promised we'd spend the day just us two, I'll make it up to you."

She shook her head, "We can do something later, it's okay." She finished with a smile which he gladly returned. Klaus, Elijah and Freya watched on, recognising the way that when they spoke to each other, it was almost as if they were the only two people in the world.

Kol placed a quick kiss on her lips and both Elijah and Klaus, who had seen the two together from the beginning, noticed how much more tender Kol was with Rhea now.

▽▲▽▲▽

Kol and Rhea had taken to sitting on Klaus' bed, reading the letters from the hybrids so called 'trophy collection'.

Elijah walked in, "Well, isn't this the welcome home. Already at the mercy of Niklaus, and just in time to help the rest of us clean up his mess. Do you miss being dead yet?" He asked playfully, as if on queue, Klaus came walking in.

"Keep up your ceaseless whining and I'm sure he will," he bit back, "Here." He held up a glass goblet full of blood. Kol's eyes widened at the sight of blood.

"I compelled the house-keeper." Klaus informed his brother in a sing-songy tone.

Kol looked torn, between his hunger and his promise to Rhea that it would be different this time round. He stared at the glass for a moment longer, Rhea could see his internal debate but didn't say a word. Klaus waved the glass in his face invitingly before Kol finally took it.

"Next time a blood bag will be fine. I'm trying to stay off the fresh stuff." He told his brother.

Klaus looked amused, "Attempting to be a better man for your girlfriend?"

Kol gave him a look, but Rhea was the one to speak up, "Said girlfriend is sitting right here, you know."

"And I'd rather be alone with that girlfriend, but since your enemies have returned seeking vengeance, I suppose they ought to be murdered. So remind us, who is this Cortez?" Kol asked, the name not ringing a bell to him nor Rhea.

"His family decimated Belaga."

Kol groaned and laughed at the same time, "Ugh! Belaga. That place was hideous."

Elijah was happy to hear someone agreeing with his opinion of Belaga. He gestured toward Kol as he gave Klaus a smug look, "Thank you, Kol!"

Klaus looked between Kol and Elijah, both appalled and exasperated by their opinion, "No taste. Either of you!"

Rhea laughed at the brothers, "As much as I hate agreeing with Klaus, I actually liked Belaga."

Klaus looked to the witch in surprise, she had barely acknowledged his presence since arriving. He needed to know who his enemies were and at the current time, he couldn't be sure if Rhea was friend or foe.

"All right, calm down the both of you. I know exactly how to find your enemies, as long as our new sister doesn't chafe at us for teaching her a quick spell." Kol stood to his feet, holding up the letters in his hands.

"Mind if we burn these?" 

"Actually," Rhea said, looking up from her phone, "I need to shoot off for a while."

"That sounds ominous, are you sure you're her only suitor, Kol?" Klaus asked with a devilish smile.

"Okay firstly, Klaus, never ever say suitor ever again. We're in the twenty first century, for god sake," she stood, walking over to Kol, "I'll see you later?"

He smiled down at her, "Get that red dress on. We're going out tonight."

▽▲▽▲▽

EEEEEP.
I feel like I've been waiting for Kol to come back for a century.
-Meg

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51K 806 24
Book I of the Elizabeth Gerard Series "If one were to not know you, Elijah Mikaelson, one would say you are trying to woo me." "And what if I am?" ...
288K 3.7K 38
When a certain original comes to Mystic Falls and finds out that he has a daughter from before his family and him were turned what will he do? She is...
5.1K 151 21
,,My name is Hailey Carter-Mikaelson.When I was little, Rebekah found me by the side of a road and saved me. She was like a mother and an older siste...
779K 19.8K 26
He is the devil. She is the angel. He lives in the dark. She shows him the light. He protects her. Always and forever.