Blind::C.H

By AnonWhriter

I live my life in darkness. You might say that I'm a fan of the Australian punk- rock band 5 Seconds of Summ... More

18th Birthday surprise
Chapter 2: My not so secret...
Not an update

Chapter 3:Soundcheck, the experience

12 2 4
By AnonWhriter

Soon the phone drama died down and the boys actually started their first song. There was no surprise that they opened with their latest chart topper, Girls Talk Boys. I honestly wish I could see them, I've only heard about how magical Luke Hemmings playing piano is.

I wish I could see Calum, I've looked up to him for what feels like, forever. I felt like I could always relate to him, we both always seemed to be the invisible and underappreciated ones in a group. Girls Talk Boys ended and I wanted to cry, it was so beautiful and overall a great song, I wish that it was played more on the radio. Soon it was announced that the question and answer section would begin.

"Oi Calum, who you texting mate?" Michael practically yelled into the microphone. Tons of girls started oohing and ahing.

"Come on Clifford leave me alone." Calum chuckled. "You know Clifford, I heard you started talking to a said person, so don't go pushing into my personal life, you know endless you want me to divulge more."

"Seriously though, at least I have the decency to have her in my phone under her name, and not Mini Me." Michael quipped.

"There is no way you have her number already!"

"Do you want me to prove it?" Michael said pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"Do you really want to do that?"

"If it means that I won, than yes, I do." Michael chuckled and then began opening his phone, of course he just had to put the volume all the way up and hold the phone up to the microphone. Luckily my phone was on vibrate so no one knew that I was being called. I slowly brought my phone out of my pocket and handed it to Alex so that she could answer the phone.

"Mistress Aphrodite speaking, how can I make your day more pleasurable." I stifled a laugh as Alex answered the phone, she quickly muted the phone though so that there wouldn't be the echo of what was being picked up by her phone and broadcasted through Michael's phone, to not give away that we were in the audience.

"Woah Calum what shifty things have you been getting into?" Ashton said while wagging his eyebrows.

"Ashton, you're one to talk, we all know that you're the one with the daddy kink." Calum teased and the crowd erupted in laughter and began teasing Ashton.

"Come on guys, everyone knows that all that is made up. Just for fanfiction." Ashton groaned in annoyance.

Michael smirked before grabbing his mic and moaning, "Ahhhh Daddy, fuck me harder." Ashton groaned, and everyone else just laughed.

When everything died back down Alex un-muted the phone, "Hello, are you still there sir?" she then muted the phone once again, Michael's face flushed and the audience was sent into another uproar.

"Calum, do we need to be worried about this?" Luke said, "I mean if an intervention is needed then that's fine, I'll gladly lead in the creation of that."

Calum groaned, "No everythings fine."

Alex and I were laughing our butts off, this was by far one of the best pranks we had ever pulled. Just the fact that it was on Calum and Michael made it about 100X better. Alex nudged me and whispered in my ear, "They are glaring daggers at us right now."

"Well I hope they are, because this is the best prank we have ever pulled."

"Calum just grabbed the phone back and he's walking off stage, I'm giving you the phone." Alex said putting the phone back into my hand, I raised it back up to my ear waiting for Calum to say something through the other end.

"Hello you still there." a whisper came from the other end.

"Yeah I'm here." I replied

"Oh thank god it's you and not your crazy and deranged friend!"

I laughed, "Yeah she can be a handful at times, sorry about that."

Calum chuckled in response, "It's all good, I'm about to hang up and go back on stage, but I wanted to let you know that you are to stay in your seat after soundcheck. I'll have security come and get you guys.

"Sounds good, we would have been the last to leave anyway. I'm sure you can see that putting me in a situation ,where you want to see me try to maneuver a crowd, and having the possibility of losing Alex, and how that would be detrimental."

"Ummm, Yeah I guess so..." Calum droned on.

"Calum, because I'm blind, it would be bad if I lost Alex, because she's like my seeing eye dog." I quickly said before Calum said something stupid.

"Oh! Right! I forgot about that," Calum chuckled, "I got to go now Hunter, I'll see you back out there."

"Yeah, you will." I said before hanging up the phone.

I may be blind, but I learned where the end call button was, it came in handy when I was tired of hearing my mom babble on when she would call. Soon I heard screams from the crowd, Calum must be coming back on stage.

"Have a nice 'Private' conversation, Calum?" Michael asked, once again conveniently he had his mic turned back on.

"It was going fine, before they hung up on me..." Calum replied glumly.

"Yo, he's staring right at you." Alex leaned over and whispered to me.

"Let me know if he flips me off after this," I raised my hands above my head and made a, what I hoped was a heart, shape with my hands.

A moment passed and Alex leaned over again, "Oh yeah, he totally just did the classic, "I'm just scratching my nose, not flipping you off" move."

I couldn't help but smile.

Soon things died down again and some staff began walking around taking questions for the question and answer segment of soundcheck.

Alex knew what question I wanted answered, I desperately hoped that the lady would come by to take our question. We ended up sitting around waiting for the staff to make their rounds.

"Hey Chris! There's two beautiful girls over here in the front that have had their hands up for like three hours, how about you go over to them to see what their question is." Michael announced

"Omg he's talking about us isn't he!" I said bouncing in my seat.

"By the wink he just gave us, I'd say yes!" Alex replied

"Is the guy almost over to us?"

"Yeah he's coming down our row, do you want me to help you up?"

"Um, Yeah thanks." Alex stood up and I raised my arm to her so that she could pull me up.

The man handed me the microphone, "Ummm, Hi, I'm Hunter, I'm from Wheaton, Illinois, so like an hour or so north of here, and my question is, would you rather never be able to see or taste ever again?" The venue instantly became silent.

"That's a really difficult question to answer, wow," Ashton replied. "But I would have to answer with I would rather never taste ever again."

"Screw that Ashton, I'd rather lose my sight, I love food to much, if I couldn't taste ever again, then like life wouldn't even be worth living. Like I would hate to wake up one morning and never be able to taste pizza ever again." Michael quickly cut in.

"I'd have to agree with Michael, I mean I'm ugly af, so I'd be perfectly fine never seeing again, but if I could never taste again, well then yeah that would really suck." Calum added.

With that the crowed started cooing, and there were a few girls who shouted that Calum was beautiful, amazing, or even a few said that he was a "total hottie".

Luke's answer was just a tad different though, "I honestly don't care about if I lost any of my senses, as long as I could still hear my mom, and my music, then I would be perfectly happy." Once again, Luke was shrouded with compliments, and other empathetic sounds.

"You said your name was Hunter right?" Calum asked.

"Ummm yeah..." I said slightly confused.

"So what would you choose if we had asked you the question?"

"I mean, I'm already blind... so I guess I'd rather be blind then lose my sense of taste, cause that would just suck."

Calum chuckled, "yeah, I guess you're right."

"Hunter! Calum just winked at you!" Alex grabbed my arm, I thought she was going to pull it off if she continued what she was doing.

I sat back down and handed the microphone off to Alex, who asked another question, I was just filled with so many emotions, I didn't really know what to think, and it was just so much to take in.

Soon the question and answer segment was over, the boys began setting up for their second to last song. It was a cover actually, of the none other Teenage Dirtbag, you know, the song that I had told Calum that I loved... which I do, it's just amazing knowing that he was listening to what I was saying, and that he cared enough to remember.

"Her name is Noel, I have a dream about her. She rings my bell, I got gym class in half an hour. Oh how she rocks, in Keds and tube socks.But she doesn't know who I am, and she doesn't give a damn about me." Calum started.

Then the others joined in for the chorus, "Cause I'm just a teenage dirt bag, baby. Yeah I'm just a teenage dirt bag, baby, listen to Iron Maiden, baby, with me, ooh!"

Luke took the next part, "Her boyfriend's a dick, he brings a gun to school. He'd simply kick my ass if he knew the truth. He lives on my block, and he drives an I-Roc. But he doesn't know who I am, and he doesn't give a damn about me."

"Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby. Yeah, I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby. Listen to Iron Maiden, baby, with me, ooh. Oh yeah, dirtbag, no she doesn't know what she's missin'. Oh yeah, dirtbag. No she doesn't know what she's missing."

Calum started singing once again, "Man I feel like mold. It's prom night and I am lonely lo and behold s he's walking' over to me this must be fake, my lip starts to shake.How does she know who I am? And why does she give a damn about me?"

"I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden, baby. Come with me Friday, don't say maybe, I'm just a teenage dirt bag, baby, like you ooh." I'm pretty sure it was Michael who took the high pitched solo.

"Ooh yeah, dirtbag, no she doesn't know what she's missin'. Ooh yeah, dirtbag, no she doesn't know what she's missin'!" Luke ended the song and the crowed erupted with cheers. Teenage Dirtbag, had been the first song they all performed as a band, and I was amazed at how well they could still perform it.

The song was over, everyone was screaming, asking for more older songs. Alex told me that the boys had quickly run off stage, and that's what all the screaming and groaning was about.

The crowds cheers picked up and I could hear footsteps running back on stage. "Okay everybody, quick change of plans, we were going to perform Invisible, but we are doing a quick change and we are going to be performing one of our older songs." Calum said, and the crowed went wild, I had never felt so claustrophobic from just sound before.

"1,2,3,4" Luke shouted and the familiar guitar riff to the song "Try Hard" began playing, I honestly thought that I had started crying, I was hearing my favorite song played live.

"She's dropping out of school cause she don't need the grades. The colors in her hair don't seem to fade. I get dressed up when I go out but she gets dressed down...." Luke started.

"She's seventeen, I told her I am twenty. I couldn't take her out cause mom's got no money. It's stuff like this that makes me wish it could change somehow." Calum's voice was amazing and for a second it felt like he was singing to only me.

"Sitting here at home, it's obvious, she's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard 'cause she makes me feel, makes me feel. Like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard, 'Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down, 'cause she makes me think, makes me think. That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again 'cause I'm trying too hard again." The chorus was amazing, all the harmonies and melodies blended amazingly well together and it was just overall incredible.

And then Calum started again, "She's got a rose tattoo but she keeps it covered, I play guitar but she's into drummers. She's seen my face around but she doesn't even know my name. I pierced my lip so she thinks I'm cool, I ripped my jeans and dropped out of school, I followed her 'round the town but she thinks that I'm a weirdo now..."

"Sitting here at home, it's obvious..."

"She's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard 'cause she makes me feel, makes me feel, like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard, 'cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down. That she makes me think, makes me think, that I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again." I'm pretty sure I started actually crying at this part, I thought for sure that the boys were never going to ever perform this song live ever again, and just hearing it now was such an experience.

"But now, who knew? She's in the crowd of my show. Nothing to lose, she's standing right in the front row. The perfect view, she came alone on her own, and there's something that you should know!" Luke and Michael together singing was just amazing and the most beautiful thing in the world.

But when Calum started singing Luke's part at the end, well that's when I knew that this was all for me, he was trying to show me that he cared, "You're so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard, 'cause you make me feel, you make me feel. Yeah she makes me feel, she makes me feel it's obvious...."

Then he was joined by the rest of the band to finish off the song, " She's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard 'cause she makes me feel, makes me feel, like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard.'Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down that she makes me think, makes me think. That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again; and again, and again, and again, and again. 'Cause I'm trying too hard again; and again, and again, and again, and again. 'Cause I'm trying too hard again."

With that being the end of the song, everyone went wild, I was crying, Alex was hugging me, the crowd was a mixture of screams and sobs, this was just the best day of my life, "Hunter, Calum just winked, blew a kiss out to the audience, and he's now making a heart."

I raised my hands above my head and sent Calum a heart back.

"We have one final song before we leave." Ashton said once the screams and cries had died down.

"This is actually another cover that we sometimes perform during our shows." Calum added.

"Here is Chasing Cars, by Snow Patrol." Luke ended before they started.

"We'll do it all. Everything, on our own. We don't need, anything. Or anyone. If I lay here, if I just lay here. Would you lie with me and just forget the world?" Calum started.

Then Michael sang the next part, "I don't quite know, how to say. How I feel. Those three words, are said too much. They're not enough. If I lay here, if I just lay here.Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

And then all the boys sang the chorus, "Forget what we're told, before we get too old. Show me a garden that's bursting into life. Let's waste time, chasing cars, around our heads"

For the next part Ashton had his first solo of that night, " I need your grace. To remind me, to find my own. If I lay here, if I just lay here. Would you lie with me and just forget the world? Forget what we're told, before we get too old. Show me a garden that's bursting into life."

Calum ended the song, "All that I am! All that I ever was. Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see. I don't know where. Confused about how as well. Just know that these things will never change for us at all." Then Calum got softer and sang, "If I lay here. If I just lay here. Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

Once again the crowd erupted in cheers and cries for more. I was amazed and astonished that somehow Calum had gotten the rest of the boys to play all my favorite songs during soundcheck.

"Encore! ENCORE! ENCORE!!" The crowd screams getting louder by the second.

"Well, since you guys have been so amazing, I guess we could do one more song." Ashton said before playing some type of beat on his drums.

The familiar tune of "She's Kinda Hot" started playing, "My girlfriend's bitchin' cause I always sleep in. She's always screaming when she's calling her friends. She's kinda hot though. Yeah, she's kinda hot though." Luke started singing before Calum took over and sang his line.

"My shrink is telling me I've got crazy dreams. She's also saying I've got low self-esteem. She's kinda hot though.Yeah, she's kinda hot though. She put me on meds, she won't get out of my head. She's kinda hot though. 1 2 3 4!"

Luke started singing again. "My friend left college cos it felt like a job. His mum and dad both think he's a slob. He's got a shot though. Yeah, he's got a shot though. When you've got bigger plans that no one else understands, you've got a shot though."

Everyone began screaming the chorus, "They say we're losers and we're alright with that. We are the leaders of the "Not coming back", But we're alright though,yeah, we're alright though.We are the kings and the queens of the new broken scene.Yeah, we're alright though. Uno, Dos, Tres, Cuatro!"

Then Ashton began his second solo of the night. "Sometimes I'm feeling like I'm going insane. My neighbor told me that I've got bad brains. But I'm alright though, yeah, will be alright though.Cos we're the kings and the queens of the new broken scene, and we're all right though. 1 2 3 4!"

Everyone came back in during the final chorus. "They say we're losers and we're all alright with that. We are the leaders of the "Not coming back", But we're alright though,yeah, we're alright though. We are the kings and the queens of the new broken scene,yeah, we're alright though. Na na na na na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na na na na na; We're alright though. Na na na na na na na na na na na,Yeah we're alright though. Na na na na na na na na na na na.We are the kings and the queens of the new broken scene,Yeah, we're alright though!"

The crowd once again started chanting encore, and the boys promised that if they did one more song, that we wouldn't ask for another after that, and after long negotiations, we finally agreed.

"This song is one of the older songs that I wrote, and it goes out to that special person in the crowd tonight," Calum said before starting to play the song. "Hey, pretty girl, what's your name? What's your number? I got the keys to my Dad's yellow Hummer. There's a party, you can come if you wanna go tonight, alright, see 'ya later. Wrapped up late, took a minute but I found my mates. She was there, acting cool. So I made her way, wasn't long, couple songs till I headed her way to say, "Damn! You look amazing."

Luke joined in for the chorus, "Last night, what a blur, woke up lying next to her. Last night, made a mess, doesn't get better than this. Falling from the bar, 25 texts and a call from Mum. It must've been good 'cause I can't remember."

"Retraced my steps, searched my phone, try'na figure out who posted pictures of me streaking past the neighbor's house. If my boss sees my status, he'll be freaking out. But I don't care. Oh, well, deal with it later."

"Last night, what a blur, woke up lying next to her. Last night, made a mess, doesn't get better than this. Falling from the bar, 25 texts and a call from Mum. It must've been good 'cause I can't remember." Everyone joined in for the chorus this time.

"Pretty girl, I got your name, got your number. I lost the keys to my Dad's yellow Hummer. Can't remember how I did it, but I got her. Now she's mine. Damn, she's so amazing." I blushed thinking about how Calum could be singing this just for me.

"Last night, what a blur, woke up lying next to her. Last night, made a mess, doesn't get better than this. Falling from the bar, 25 texts and a call from Mum. It must've been good 'cause I can't remember." The chorus came along again and secretly I was wondering what it would be like to get drunk with Calum and what spending the night with him would be like.

"Last night, what a blur, woke up lying next to her. Last night, made a mess, doesn't get better than this. Falling from the bar, 25 texts and a call from Mum. It must've been good 'cause I can't remember." The chorus repeated itself and Alex told me that Calum had been staring right at me pretty much the entire time.

"... Can't remember, It must've been good 'cause I can't remember." Calum ended the song.

There were so many tears being shed all around me and it only made things worse when Ashton came on his mic and said, "Thanks to everyone who came to see us today! Can't wait for the actual show to start tonight, this has been probably the best soundcheck we have performed during this tour, thank you all for supporting us, and the last announcement I have to mention is that if you have a red bracelet please stay seated someone will come collect you. Also thank you for all the support you have all given us, this tour wouldn't be possible without you guys."

Soon people began filing out and Alex and I stayed behind waiting to be collected by some security people. Alex nudged me and told me that the security person was here and that she was going to pull me up.

"If all of you could form a line down this aisle that would be great." An authoritative voice rang out.

"Im leading us to the back of the line so that we can get the most time with the boys, but if anyone asks, it's because of your handicap." Alex whispered leading me away from where we had been sitting.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I told Alex to answer it, "Hello Hunter's phone, Alex speaking."

"Ugh, it's you again." Calum said on the other line.

"Ah! Lover boy, what's up?"

"Just wondering where you guys are right now."

"We are at the end of the line, we are currently walking through some corridors, you should start to hear female chatter soon."

"Awwww why are you guys at the end of the line? And yeah I can start to hear it now."

"Well, it's complicated, I'll text you, have to get off the phone now, the security people are giving me the stink eye."

I heard Alex hang up and heard her fingers begin tapping away on my phone. She was probably explaining that she was telling everyone that we were at the end of the line because of my blindness, but how in reality it was because after the meetup Calum would have the excuse to let us stay behind with them and wait for the concert to start with the rest of the guys.

"Are we close?" I asked.

Alex was quiet and then gave a low laugh, "Not really, we are at the end of the line. I can't even see the boys yet."

About thirty minutes later we were finally almost there, Alex told me that there was only one other group ahead of us and that it would be about three more minutes. I could hear all of the boys and there was an abundance of sweaty male smells all around the room, and Good Girls was quietly playing in the background. I sang the song to myself as we waited.

"Do do do d-do do do do do do. She's a good girl. She's Daddy's favorite. He's saved for Harvard. He know she'll make it. She's good at school, she's never truant. She can speak French(I think she's fluent). 'Cause every night she studies hard in her room. At least that's what her parents assume, but she sneaks out the window to meet with her boyfriend, here's what she told me the time that I caught her, she said to me, "Forget what you thought. 'Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught. So just turn around and forget what you saw, 'cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught." Whoa oh oh oh- oh whoa oh, Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught. Whoa oh oh oh- oh whoa oh, Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught. She's a good girl, A straight A student, she's really into all that self-improvement. I swear she lives in that library but if you ask her she'll say, "That's where you'll find me!" But if you look then you won't find her there. She may be clever but she just acts too square. 'Cause in the back of the room where nobody looks, she'll be with her boyfriend, she's not reading books! She said to me, "Forget what you thought, 'cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught.So just turn around and forget what you saw, 'cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught." Do do do d-do do do do do do, Good girls are bad girls and good girls are bad girls. Do do do d-do do do do do do, Good girls are bad girls and good girls are bad girls. She's a good girl (She's a good girl) Hasn't been caught (She's a good girl) She's a good girl (She's a good girl) Hasn't been caught... She said to me, "Forget what you thought, 'Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught. So just turn around and forget what you saw 'Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught." She said to me, (She said to me) "Forget what you thought, 'cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught. So just turn around (Just turn around) and forget what you saw 'cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught." Whoa oh oh oh-oh whoa oh, Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught, Whoa oh oh oh-oh whoa oh. Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught, Whoa oh oh oh- oh whoa oh, Whoa oh oh- oh oh whoa oh. Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught." And as soon as the song ended Alex was leading me forward, I presume to meet the boys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

657K 33.2K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
376K 13.4K 58
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
238K 11K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
112K 3.3K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season