My new dad {s. crosby}

By flatstanley16

Tylor's mom secretly starts dating Pittsburgh's star pro-hockey player, opening the door for her daughter to... More

One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
You can play
One-on-One
My birthday surprise
Trip with Geno
Old mermorires
Home
Yes
Finally Home
Wake up
Practice 2
Getting ready for practice
Game vs caps
Sleep
Day after
Update soon!!!!!
Mall shopping
the big day: part 1
the big day: part 2
Hungover?
Epilogue
Thanks for reading!

Two

1.9K 27 1
By flatstanley16

When I woke up, I realized my holiday break had started so I wouldn't have to go back to class for a few weeks. No shitty professors or long assignments, thank the Lord. I sat up and stretched my back and did a few squats to strengthen my legs before I walked downstairs. In all honestly, I looked like a hot mess. 

"Here's your coffee," my mom said, "You look like you need it." she laughed. I smiled and took the mug from her. Sweet vanilla. 

"So what are we going to do today?" Sidney asked. I didn't have a preference, I was just glad to have a break from school.

"We could get a Christmas tree," I shrugged and took a drink of my coffee.

"Yeah, we could. Would you want a fake one or a real one?" he asked.

"Fake one, maybe colored?" I said.

"Well we can go to Walmart and see what colors they have, or regular trees in general. Any color preference?"

"No regular green. No white and no black." my mom answered. I'll buy my own black tree, it'd be great for Halloween.

"Sounds good. We can all get ready and head out in a few minutes," Sidney said. I nodded and walked up to my room.

I grabbed a pair of leggings with a Pitt sweater and just threw my hair on top of my head and cleaned off the makeup residue from my face before walking downstairs. I still looked like a hot mess, just less of a mess and more hotter. 

"Ready?" Sidney asked when he saw me walk down the stairs.

"Yup, let's go," I smiled and walked out to his truck.

Since we lived in downtown Pittsburgh, it'd be a while until we'd get to Walmart so I texted Geno.

T: What's up mega best friend?

G: Nothing much what about you? He answered right away which made me smile.

T: Looking for a Christmas tree

G: Sounds like fun, wanna come hang out later?

He asked and I froze. How would I respond to that? Do I say yes and go over? Maybe I should wait, I don't wanna be desperate and go over to his house, but I want to get to know him better.

T: Umm, I'd like to but I don't know how to get to your house.

G: Sid knows how or I could pick you up I smiled, he actually wanted to hang out with me

T: Or, if we get a tree today, maybe you could come over and help decorate and then maybe I could come over and hang out with you I bit my lip while I waited for his response.

G: That sounds like a great idea, tell me when you get home :))

T: Will do G

I smiled, the one guy I really want get to know wants to get to know me too.

"We're here lover girl," Sidney said as he pulled into a parking spot.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I know you were texting Geno," he smirked.

"What the hell?" I asked. How would you know? 

"He asked if you could go to his house," He shut the truck off. 

"And I've never seen her blush like that before," My mom smirked. 

"Okay for one, I'm nineteen so I don't really need your permission, and two, the fact that you both noticed is just beyond creepy." I rolled my eyes as I got out of the truck.

"I think it was more of approval of him," Sidney said.

"Oh," I responded quietly, feeling dumb.

We walked straight to the Christmas trees, but there wasn't a huge selection. I wasn't surprised, there were just days until Christmas. 

"Let's see, pink, green, darker green, white, black, another green. Can we just get black?" I asked.

"Why in the hell would we get black?" My mom asked with a little bit of attitude.

"Because if you have a black tree the ornaments with contrast and stand out more, and I can use it for Halloween." I shrugged.

"I think that's a smart idea," Sidney agreed.

"Okay, fine. We'll see, but if it doesn't look good then we never get a colored tree again," My mom gave in.

"So since we all agree, let's get someone to get one for us," Sidney said and started walking towards the registers.

"Oh, hey Sidney, can I have a piggy back ride?" I asked. He smiled before bending down.

"Jump," He said, "I wont drop you. I promise. Then what would Geno do?" I jumped on his back, he was pretty short for a hockey player but I was barely five foot two so it felt a lot higher.

"Hi, we'd like to buy one of your black Christmas trees because someone hasn't left her emo phase." My mom said to the employee. I laughed, she wasn't wrong. 

"You're Sidney Crosby!" he exclaimed, completely ignoring my mom.

"Yes, I am. And I can give you and autograph and take a picture with you if you get me our tree." Sid replied jokingly and smiled. 

"Okay. Well, that will be $56.93." The guy said. 

Sidney paid for our tree and then gave the guy an autograph and took a picture with him. He then insisted that he'd carry the tree out to the truck.

"Thanks, man, nice meeting you." Sidney said as he shook the guy's hand before setting me down so we could head home to put up the Christmas tree.

I texted Geno to tell him we're heading home.

G: I will be there soon 

T: That's kinda weird. How do you know my address?

G: Picked Sid up a few times

T: Oh, makes sense. I'll see you soon :))

I really didn't want to get too attached to Geno, I didn't want to experience another heartbreak after my dad left us, it was too painful. But I guess I'd have to wait and see. 

Sidney and Geno put up the tree while my mom made hot chocolate and talked to me in the kitchen.

"So you're not mad about me not telling you about Sidney?" My mom asked I could see her worry face creating wrinkles in her forehead.

"Nope. Of course not," I answered. She smiled at me. "Not anymore at least."

"Tylor, this is serious." She frowned.

"I'm not mad. Yes, I was, but that's because I never hid anything from you." I shrugged, trying to conceal my anger.

"I understand why you were upset. At least you were honest about it." She said with a small smile.

"Yeah," I said back and took a drink of my hot chocolate.

"Who's ready to decorate?" Sidney said walking into the kitchen holding a couple of feet of sparkly tinsel.

"Me," My mom perked up and handed a cup of hot chocolate to Sidney and another one to me to give to Geno.

"Taylor, are you ready?" He asked. I look between him and my mom and sighed before nodding.

"Thank you mega best friend," Geno said as I handed him a cup of hot chocolate.

"No problem man," I tried my best to fake a smile.

"What's wrong?" He asked I could see the concern in his eyes.

"Nothing," I lied.

"Tylor," he said a little more sternly.

"I'll tell you after we decorate the tree," I said giving in, he nodded.

"Would you uh- want to stay with me tonight? Like not sleep together but just stay together?" He asked nervously.

"I'd love to," I smiled.

"Great," He smiled back and planted a small, friendly kiss on my forehead.

"Gross. Get a room." Sidney said. I looked him dead in the eye.

"Bet. Let's go, Geno." I said with a lot of sass in my voice and grabbed his hand as I started to walk off.

"I'll be damned if that happens," Sidney said sternly and I laughed.

"Geno and I are just friends, it's okay," I shrugged.

'Mega best friends," Geno smiled.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's just decorate this tree." My mom said she seemed annoyed with me and Geno or she was stressed out. She stresses over everything, but I can't blame her, she's trying her best.

It only took us about half an hour with the number of bulbs we had to fully decorate the tree, the only thing left was the tree topper. A star.

"Geno, would you like to?" My mom asked him.

"Uh, sure," He said before placing the topper on the tree carefully. I felt some hot tears roll down my face. It actually felt like we were a real family. Ever since my dad left, I've felt an area of emptiness within me.

"I-I'm sorry," I said and ran up to my room and shut the door. Sure I missed my dad, but he left me, and I didn't need him anymore, but with Sidney, it felt like he belonged and that he was needed here all along.

I was only alone for about five minutes before I heard a knock on my door, I wiped my tears and stared at the floor as I opened it.

"Hey, are you okay?" It was Geno.

"Umm yeah," I answered.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked uneasily.

"It's just, it's the first time I've felt like I have a real family, like nothing or no one is missing," I answered.

"So you just miss you, dad?" He asked.

"Not really, I just can't believe he would just get up and leave. Not call or anything." I answered with a tear falling down my face. He wiped away the tear and looked at me in full seriousness.

"I will never leave you, you're my mega best friend." He smiled down at me and I smiled back up at him. Then Sidney walked into my room and closed the door behind him.

"I have a serious question. I heard you and Geno talking. I want to ask your mom to marry me. Is that okay?" He asked anxiously. I was speechless. I was almost happy.

"I would be fine with that. She would definitely say yes." I smiled. I just wanted them to be happy.

"Well now that I have your permission, what do you think of this ring?" he asked and pulled a beautiful plain ring with one medium-sized gold diamond on it.

"It's beautiful. She'll love it!" I said, amazed. I really hoped someone would love me as much as Sidney obviously loved my mom.

"I hope so. I know she doesn't like large diamonds or anything like that. She's more jeans and a t-shirt not a tight short dress for a club. Know what I mean?" he said. I laughed.

"Yeah, I know." I smiled.

"Well, now's my chance," Sidney smiled before running back downstairs leaving me and Geno alone again.

"I really want to be loved by someone as much as Sidney loves my mom," I sighed.

"Someone will trust me. They'd be crazy not too." Geno smiled.

"Thanks, G," I smiled back.

"Wanna go see what happens?" He asked. I nodded and hopped off my bed to follow Geno downstairs. "I think we made it just in time." Sidney had just gotten down on one knee.

"It's been two amazing years by your side, both as a lover and a friend. I want to be with you, and only you forever. So I was thinking, will you marry me?" He asked I could see tears forming in his eyes. I glanced at my mom and she had covered her mouth with her hands and had tears rolling down her face too.

"Sidney......" 

Oh no. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 1.6K 51
Claire comes to the steel city for a wedding . But when she meets Sidney Crosby in a night club will she find more then she bargained for?
280K 2.4K 61
Clair isn't just your average girl. She's moved to Pittsburgh to start a new life all her own. But when she finds herself in love with Sidney Crosby...
96.7K 1.6K 21
"It's a risk to even fall in love..."
101K 1.2K 34
𝒢 π“ƒπ‘’π“Œ π‘”π‘œπ’Άπ“π’Ύπ‘’ π’Ύπ“ˆ 𝒹𝓇𝒢𝒻𝓉𝑒𝒹 π“‰π‘œ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π“…π’Ύπ“‰π“‰π“ˆπ’·π“Šπ“‡π‘”π’½ π“…π‘’π“ƒπ‘”π“Šπ’Ύπ“ƒπ“ˆ.