Tomboy's Shiny Little Secrets

By SixteenOhFour

At a young age, Princess Amanda was given no choice but to leave her kingdom; her country. She was forced to... More

PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
EIGHT
NINE
TEN

SEVEN

283 18 4
By SixteenOhFour

Dear diary,

            My feet hurt like a piece of crap. I had gone shopping with Holly and Liam yesterday for our shoes. It still surprises me that my feet hurt even though it's in the evening the next day. Shopping with Holly - it was torture, I swear. 

            If by any chance, someone got asked by Holly to accompany her go shopping, I hope that someone would decline and get the hell away from Holly before he or she experiences the pain I am in. Even rock-climbing practice couldn't beat this. You see, Holly has a rather unique way of shopping. Around the shops in the mall, she would enter each and every one of them and choose her options. After that, she would reenter them all shortlisting her options before choosing her final products. It's amazing to watch her shop, really. But it was very exhausting too.

            I remember getting my shoes within an hour, much to Holly's disgust. I had gotten a pair of black wedges that has gold speckles at the front. I heard from Holly that my dress has a similar pattern; black with gold design. Hence why I ended up buying those shoes. I wasn't a picky shopper like her. If I like what I see, I buy it. 

           Liam had gotten really bored that he ended up in a bookstore and reading a book. That guy, he was never the social person. If any other guy were to follow us, it'd be more normal to see the guy to flirt with the cashiers or playing games on his phone. But this was Liam, and like I said, he was different - good different.

            I bent down further as I wrote, making my short hair falling into my face. I paused in my writing and tucked my lose hair behind my ear. I thought about what else to write while shifting my position in my bed. My bed...

            I blushed deep red, thinking about what had happened the day before. I have tried numerous times to convince myself that he was just being himself and fooling around. But it wasn't a surprise that I keep failing. 

            "Ugh," I gave up. I leaned back, letting myself fall into the soft pillows at the head of my bed. So, I have an itsy bitty attraction towards him. But that was normal; I have always had that since I met him. But then again, he had never made me feel this way before. Ugh. I grabbed one of my pillows and screamed out my frustration.

            "What's up with you?" A male voice remarked, dripping with amusement.

            Liam.

            "Nothing," I mumbled, my face still under the pillow. I didn't want to move because I knew I'd blush like crazy if I saw the sight of Liam.

            "Are you overthinking again?" He snatched away my pillow, raising an eyebrow at me.

            I choked down the blush, realizing he was only in a white singlet and jeans. In case anyone was wondering, Liam was in my apartment because his suit was in my apartment - Holly had to do some amendments before it fitted just right to Liam's masculine figure. It was near evening, and Holly and Liam were both preparing for the dance while I was busy doing nothing because I clearly did not want to go; I was way too lazy.

            "No, I'm not." I snapped, stealing the pillow back and hugging it. "Why are you in here anyway? Ever heard of knocking?"

            "I did knock, you genius," he rolled his eyes, "you just happened to be screaming at the same time."

            "Ok, fine, whatever. What do you want?" I snapped.

            "Bow or necktie?" He randomly asked, lifting his hands showing the said objects. In his left hand, he held the classic black bow and in his right hand, he held a golden necktie. Both looked really good on him, I felt. I cocked my head to the side, glancing to the bow then to the tie and back.

            "Can't decide?" 

My gaze shot to Liam. I gave him a guilty smile, nodding as I did so. "Yeah, sorry. Have you asked Holly?"

            Liam furrowed his eyebrows, frowning. "You know, sooner or later you have to stop doing that."

            "Do what?" I asked back, confused.

            "Shoving everything to Holly and not making any decisions on your own." Well that was uncalled for...

            "I don't - " 

            "You do, and I know it's probably because you think she's perfect and you do everything wrong so that's why you get her to make almost every decision. But no one is perfect, and you have to realize that." Liam held my gaze seriously.

            I looked down, feeling somewhat guilty. I knew I relied on Holly a lot, but I never knew someone like he would notice. I'm so weak, aren't I?

            "And anyway, I want your opinion because you're my date." I looked up as Liam sat down in front of me on my bed. Here we are on the bed again. I tried my best not to blush. Liam didn't seem to notice, thankfully. Instead, he continued talking.

            "So I think we should play a game." He gave me a small smile, obviously trying to make me forget what he said. I smiled back at his attempt, going along with him.

            "Okay," I stretched the word, a little skeptical but I was all up for games.

            "All right, so I will ask a question and you answer back the first thought you get. Okay?" I've heard of this game, and I nodded in reply, getting ready for his questions.

            "We'll start with simple ones before it gets faster." Liam moved into a more comfortable position; sitting crossed legged. I followed suit, staring straight into his eyes.

            "What's your favorite color?" He started.

            "Burgundy." I answered quickly.

            "Your favourite fruit?"

            "Raspberries."

            "What do you like doing most?"

            "Sleeping."

            Liam chuckled at my answer before asking the next one. "Your favorite number?"

            "Sixteen."

            "What's your favourite season?"

            "Autumn."

            "Where would you like to live in the future?"

            "Venice."

            "Necktie or bow?"

            "Bow." Well, that seems to answer our little difficulty. I had thought for a split second that the game was over but Liam asked me one last question.

            "Who do you like?"

            "Li- Lemurs. I like lemurs." I blushed deep red as Liam smirked at me. 

            "I've always known you liked me." He said smugly.

            I punched his shoulder, scowling. "Unless you’re a lemur, Liam, I don’t like you."

            "I asked who you liked, not what animal you like." He snorted, folding his arms. 

            "Amanda Ann Roosevelt, what are you doing not dressed yet?" Holly fumed at my door. She was in her bathing robe, makeup and hair all done. Even without her dress on, she already looked so beautiful.

            "I was going to change but Liam came in!" I protested, gesturing to the British in front of me. 

            "Hey Holly, guess what?" Liam intervened our conversation.

            "What?" Holly asked, scrunching her eyebrows.

            "Amanda likes me." He smirked smugly. I punched him again, harder this time.

            "I do not! I said I like lemurs!" I continued to protest. Holly raised one of her eyebrows at me, her face filled with ridicule. 

            "Go get dressed Amanda." She gave me a half-smile, obviously still amused by me. She then went back to her room. I sighed; moving to my dresser and holding up the box that Holly had passed a few hours before. I had not seen the dress yet, and I was sort of nervous at how it looked like. What if it didn't fit me? What if the color clashes? What if I looked ugly in it?

            I pulled at my shirt, about to take it off before I remembered there was someone else in the room. Swallowing back the blush that threatened to come upon my face, I turned around to face Liam.

            "Am I going to let you watch me change?" I asked a rhetorical question.

Liam snorted, looking away from me and smiling foolishly, "No." I couldn't help but chuckle a little at his silliness. When he walked over to exit my room, he turned around and winked, "And I shall see you in a few, my princess." Upon leaving, he shut the door.

            I felt myself blushing and I threw the nearest thing I could grab which was the plastic bottle of Victoria Secret perfume I got about a month back. Screw you Liam, why'd you have to make me feel this way?

            I calmed myself down and started doing my make up. I have actually seen and helped Holly a couple of times so I was quite decent at applying makeup on my own. I proceeded to do my hair after I was done with my face. I knew curling it would be a waste of time, but I did it anyway - upon Holly's request. I sprayed heat protectant first so I wouldn't damage my naturally platinum blonde hair.

            After a long while, I finally finished getting my hair done. I had sprayed a strong hairspray so my curls would actually stay. They weren't exactly curls, more like waves. I drew the curtains before stripping myself and changing a new set of undergarments. I had already showered, yes, but I just felt the need to change what was necessary. I took a deep breath before opening the box. 

            The black smooth material was neatly folded and I took it out gingerly. Holy shit, just how much was this? It was such a pretty dress, but my eyes widen when I realized it was body-hugging. My dress was black, with speckles of gold on my right side, seemingly to cascade down to the bottom of my dress, which ends mid-thigh. It was also long sleeved, so no one could actually see my bandaged arm. Holly was right; my shoes would have completed the look just right. I noticed that there was a shiny golden bangle in the box. I nodded in agreement, knowing Holly had gotten that to accessorize my look.

           I put the dress on; it fitted perfectly. I got my wedges out of their boxes and tried them on too. I had to support myself by leaning against the wall before I got accustomed to standing in heels. I had to walk to the other side of my room to finally look myself in the mirror. Slowly, I practiced walking towards it.

            I couldn't look at myself. I was in front of the mirror, presently, but with my eyes closed. I finally took a deep breath and took a peep. Holy moly...

            The girl in the mirror was unrecognizable. She had the right amount of makeup on, giving her that accomplished evening look. Her hair looked as if it was naturally wavy, ending about shoulder length. Her dress hugged her figure perfectly, giving enough space so that the dress wasn't entirely squeezing her body. The shine from the gold speckles of her dress, shoes and also her bangle gave an edge to her whole outfit. That girl wasn't me. That girl was a beautiful. I wasn't. 

            "Mandy!" Holy's voice boomed from outside my door. "Are you decent?"

            I was still staring at myself in the mirror. I reluctantly tore away my gaze from the mirror before walking to the door. I had gotten quite used to it, which was a pretty good thing considering I had never worn heels. I unlocked the door and opened it, meeting with Miss World.

            Holly's dress was a rich blue colored one. It was sleeveless, and ended mid-thigh as well. She had silver sparkles all over her dress. The dress's bodice is tight, showing off Holly's brilliant curves, before spreading out into a tame tutu. Her hair and makeup looked like they were done professionally. Her ombre hair fell behind her until just above her hips, curls looking really soft. Her makeup looked like and natural. As usual, she looked gorgeous. 

            Holly's eyes widened when her gaze fell upon me. "Wow, Mandy, I knew you'd look good, but I never you'd look this beautiful." I blushed, upon receiving a compliment that I never had before.

            "I want to see too!" I heard Liam shouting, probably from the living room.

            "You stay right there, mister!" Holly ordered him. We both heard a soft, "yes ma'am" and giggled to each other.

            "You ready to meet your date?" Holly winked. I winced, shaking my head profusely, my soft waves bouncing everywhere. Holly just laughed, "Well, you just have to." She grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me out of my room. She then pulled me, with her leading and blocking my view.

            When we got to the living room she announced, "May I present, your highness, Princess Amanda." She ended off with a giggle, while I blushed like crazy.

            Liam saw me the instant Holly moved away. He was looking so dashing. I blushed even more, remembering that he was my date for the night. 

            Liam was wearing a black suit that fitted him so well. His hair was stylishly tousled. He was wearing a big classy watch. What strikes me most was his undid bow. As much as I wanted him to wear the bow properly, the look suited him well. He was the aloof, attitude boy I know. 

            I saw him letting a low whistle. "Wow." He whispered. I gulped, looking everywhere in the room but him. 

            It was kind of awkward and I bet Holly felt it too. "Oh shoot, I forgot something. Be right back." She smiled, dancing back to her room. She planned this. She wanted us to be like this. That evil witch.

            "Amanda, look at me."

            I heard Liam sighing, and then he moved towards me. I stepped back a little as I saw his polished boots in sight (I was staring at the floor, sue me.) "I said, look at me." He placed a finger under my chin and tilted my head up. I was absorbed in his forest green orbs. I swear I'd get lost in them willingly any day.

            "You look amazing," he smiled. I was an idiot to think he was being serious though because he wasn't finished, "who knew a girl like you would tidy up good?" That annoying smirk of him was back. I shoved him with both my hands but he grabbed my left one.

            "You're not wearing your bandage?" He asked, feeling my arm. A slow blush crept onto my cheeks as I shook my head.

            "Nah, I didn't. If I did, the bulge will show." I explained.

            "That's what she said." He commented, flashing his shiny white teeth. 

            I rolled my eyes. "When will you ever be serious, Liam?" I looked up to him. Usually if I was wearing my sneakers, my head would reach only his chins, but with my wedges on, I forehead was right at his lips. I liked my sudden boost in height; it made me feel taller and confident. My gaze spotted his undid bow again. "Why'd you leave you bow undone, Lee?"

            Liam scratched his head, smiling sheepishly - which I have to admit looked really adorable. "Because I don't know how to tie it..."

            I laughed lightly, gesturing him to come in a little closer. With one step, he was a few inches away from me. I didn't mean this close! I stepped back a little, making sure there was a comfortable distance. I took the ends of the bow and started tying it. I hummed to a random tune, which happened to be 'It's A Beautiful Day' by Michael Bublé. 

            When I finished tying his bow, Liam took my hand and kissed it whilst looking at me straight in the eye. It was such a cliché moment, and I felt myself blushing really badly. Holly tried tiptoeing back into the room, but the clattering of her heels made it impossible for her to go unnoticed. But that didn't stop her from taking a Polaroid photo of us in out little moment. The flash startled us both and we whipped our heads towards a grinning Holly. She gave us a thumbs-up right as the doorbell rang. 

            "That must be Chad!" She squealed in delight and trusted me with the camera before rushing to the door. "Hey!" She greeted the twin.

            Chad looked good. He had his coat hung over his shoulder. He was wearing a button down shirt with two buttons undone. He smiled widely and took a good look at the gorgeous human being before him. They looked so cute together. 

            I smiled when I remembered about the camera I was holding. I crept near them and waited for a nice moment. The exact second that they looked at each other was the second I pressed the shutter. A flashed interrupted their conversation, and I rushed back to Liam and hide behind him. I took the photo out of the dispenser and studied the photo. 

            They looked so cute. It was the very moment after they had both shyly looked away because Chad had said something sweet, and they looked at each other again. Both Holly and Chad looked so innocent in the photo. I giggled, looking at the photo over and over again.

            "You having fun there, Amanda?" I noticed Liam no longer called me Mandy anymore, and I wondered why.

            "They look so adorable, I just can't take it." I grinned at him when he turned around to take a glimpse of the photo.

            "Are you done yet?" Holly huffed from entrance of the living room. "We should get going before it's late." Liam and I nodded quickly, not daring to go against her words.

            Chad was behind her and he saw me he smiled politely, "You look great, Mandy. Different, but great." I knew this would be the natural general reaction. I smiled, mumbling a 'thanks' and shrugging at the same time.

            Us two pairs made our way down and got to our cars. Liam was going to drive me there while Chad was going to drive Holly. We bid adieu and went off into our own cars.

            On the way, Liam starting humming some tune I wasn't quite familiar with. It was a comfortable silence and I sat there, in the passenger seat, just staring out of the window. When we got to school, I saw the students beautifully dressed and I groaned internally. Everyone looked so perfect.

            "Why are you looking so sad for?" Liam asked as he parked the car.

            I was biting my lip, looking worried as I watched the lovely couples walking into school. 

            "Amanda?" 

            "I may have over-slut-ted myself." I blurted. Liam let out a guffaw before looking at me as if I was crazy. "I'm not kidding, Liam! Look at all the girls in their pretty dresses and here I am wearing a tight body-hugging dress."

            "You look beautiful, princess." Liam spoke the truth, "and honestly, if you were to wear the dresses like those, you wouldn't be the Amanda I know."

            I raised my eyebrows. He exhaled audibly, smiling at me before explaining. "The Amanda I know, and the Amanda everyone else knows, is the girl with attitude and edge. Not some girly girl in poofy dresses." 

            "Did you just call the dresses poofy?" I grinned in amusement.

            "Did you only get that out of everything I said?" He shook his head in disbelief, still smiling anyway.

            "That's the only part that was interesting," I protested jokingly. I unbuckled my seatbelt, glancing at Liam. "Come on then partner, we have a dance to lead.

            This was going to be my night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...