Unlimited || Bucky Barnes

By mjamess

Her powers were uncontrollable, but could even the great Avengers help her? Darby Whitmore is a young woman w... More

The Pain
The Lab
The Simulation
The Power
The Avengers
The Man
The Solution
The Thoughts
The Room
The Likes and Dislikes
The Doctor
The Dream
The Friend
The Raft
The Hug
The Morning After
The Hot Chocolate
The Mint Leaf
The News
The Mission
The Attack
The Men
The Retreat
The Ride Home
The Haircut
The Nightmare
The Stressball
The First
The Snow
The Truth
The Routine
The Note
The Journal
The Revelation
The Footsteps
The Return
The Song
The Safe Place
Author's Note
Author's Note Part 2

The Accident

22.3K 598 77
By mjamess

I could hear my pulse in my ears. It felt the same way from when you held a shell to your ear and you could hear the thumping against your eardrum echo all around you. It felt like that combined with the feeling of hot, tense energy coursing through my veins.

"I need you two to keep her safe and don't let her near Bucky until we can get him back to normal. I'm trying to outrun the people here to meet you guys outside, as long as Bucky doesn't get to me first. If I can make it, I'll hop in the quinjet and then we can bail," Steve continued.

Sam and Natasha complied and shut the com off. I felt their heads get hot and anxious and their tension turned towards me. I didn't bother reading their minds because I frankly was too worried what was going on in their heads.

My hands started to shake and I tapped my feet rapidly against the floor. My head was pounding. All this emotional energy was throbbing throughout my limbs and surged through my palms. My fingers got sweaty and my heart raced faster and faster and faster. I felt like I was going to pass out from the stress, so I just held my head in my hands as I felt my temples throb in sync with the rest of me.

"Darby, are you okay?" Natasha turned back to me.

I didn't reply. Oh god. I couldn't control myself. Something was going to happen, but I didn't know what. I shook my head and kept it all bottled inside.

"Darby?" Natasha rushed towards me, holding a hand out.

"Don't touch me. I have a bad feeling about this. I don't trust myself Natasha. I'm scared. I did this for Bucky and I know I need to help, but god, I'm scared," I cried.

"You'll be fine-"

"Stop telling me that! I thought I could do this, but I can't! I can't," my voice cracked, hands shaking. The quinjet started shaking and Natasha wobbled along side of it.

"Darby, you need to calm down, please-"

"I can't! Steve is in trouble and Bucky is trying to kill me! How can I calm down?!" I screamed. The quinjet alarmed sounds and Sam screeched.

"Will you calm her down back there, she's crashing the jet!" Sam yelled, rapidly firing his fingers at any button that blinked.

"I can't hold it in Natasha, I can't! I can't hold it in," I clenched my jaw and shook my head.

"Natasha!" Sam screamed. "Darby, stop this right now, or you'll kill us all!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry," I started crying, curling into a ball, pulling my legs up and hugging my knees.

"Stop yelling!" Natasha hypocritically replied.

"I'll stop when she stops! I've lost all control and we are all going to die and it will be her fault!"

"Do not say that Wilson!"

I continued crying through the thrashing of the jet and the flashing of lights around me. Alarms were going off and Natasha was still fighting with Sam.

It was too much. The simulation before was terrifyingly real, but nothing compares to this.

The sounds.

The lights.

The yelling.

Bucky.

I could see Bucky with his gruff face looking into the eyes of a Hydra leader. Beaty eyes staring into the crystal blue pools that had seen way too many things. I could imagine Steve's agony watching his friend turn into the beast Hydra created.

This gut-wrenching feeling of hopelessness and doubt was my weakness, my Hydra. It was taking control of me and I wanted it to stop before it crushed me under its weight.

"Shut up Wilson and drive the jet!" Natasha snapped.

"I can't because brainy over here can't control herself-"

"Enough!" I screamed, balling my fists up.

The quinjet froze to a halt, causing Natasha and Sam to fly forward. Their heads hit the metallic ceiling above us. I heavily breathed and glared at them drop to the floor. They weren't moving, only with the acceptation of groaning and clutching to their heads.

Oh god. I hurt more people. I hurt Steve. I hurt Natasha. I hurt Sam.

But it stops there. If I don't get my act together, I'll hurt Bucky.

And I'm surely not about to do that now or ever.

I stood up slowly and centered myself with the vehicle, feeling a sudden outrage of confidence and self-doubt at the same time. I closed my eyes and focused real hard on the jet, while trying to hold in tears.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Just like Bucky taught me.

The dead and motionless hunk of metal floated in one position as I held my hands out and kept it there. I took out that mental file folder of Bucky and recalled everything I wrote. The way he looked, the way he talked and walked, and how he smelt. These little bits and pieces kept me calm enough to focus my mind.

I gently but swiftly lowered the jet onto the ground. The loud thump of the jet landing wasn't enough to make Natasha and Sam flinch. They remained on the floor, so I rushed and tried to make sure their injuries were minor.

Natasha had a gash on her cheek and a tender lump on the right side of her head.

Sam was in worse condition. When he flew forward, his face hit the console in front of him, crushing his cheekbones in on one side.

His left temple was bleeding profusely and I wanted to gag. I've never seen so much blood before.

Think of Bucky. Think of Bucky.

Inhale.

Exhale.

I held my hand out and grazed his temple. I focused my energy on healing him, which I had never done to another person before, barely even on myself. It was different than any of my other powers, as I slowly felt weaker and weaker as I healed him. The wound gradually got more minuscule and the blood subsided.

I sat back against the hard, cold wall and rested my head flush next to it. My body felt light and my skin was paler than before.

I did it though.

Natasha was alive. Sam was alive. I was alive. Steve was-

Oh gosh. Steve.

The communicators were down thanks to me and my exquisite self-control. I closed my eyes and hoped that Steve was okay.

Hoped that Steve would make it out alive and find us.

Hoped that we'd be able to get a way to the tower again.

Hoped that Bucky would be sane again before finding me.

Sam groaned again as I rolled over and laid on the floor, face-up. I closed my eyes and prayed for those things I hoped for, over and over and over again.

Hey!! Thank you for reading, and I can't wait to post more parts! Please vote and comment and tell me how you like it! Thanks!! :))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 96 44
Y/N and Bucky's time in Wakanda was needed and helpful after the previous months of chaos. After three months away, they decide it's time to return t...
10K 207 22
After ten years of being tortured by Hydra, Y/n finally manages to escape. Soon after her best friend, Bucky Barns, finds his way back to her and the...
19.3K 279 50
Welcome to my Bucky Imagines and One Shots - For those of you who want even more Bucky Barnes in your lives. Imagines and one shots about you and th...
545K 13.8K 23
A Bucky x Reader story:) Bucky is taken out of cryo and you are assigned to keep him company afterwards. Conflict arises and you have to deal with ev...