Free Rein

By bentchbites

"The human will, in its search for freedom of expression, becomes a self-destructive impulse." -Victor Terras... More

Eleven Eleven
Chrysanthemums
Mute & Full Batt @ 12 am
Steel Hollow Sections
solitary
Rebecca 2.0
Going Back Around
Esc Esc Esc
Thirds
Will Horton 1.0
August Wind Blows
Your One, Your Only [Danse 2.0]
Not Jinx
My Fading HeartBeats (#MultiplyThrowback 1)
my creaky self
Twice Scorn
Inside This Husk of a Man
Untitled 1734
Part 29
August 15
Behind It All

Your Name... (#Multiply Throwback 2)

9 0 0
By bentchbites

Your name.

Just a mere mention of your name makes all the memories come rushing back to me.

Memories of unending grace; a newfound freedom. A different kind of peace, complacence, a unique smugness.

These memories were once followed by happiness and an inexplicable harmony.

A paramount importance once accompanied these thoughts of you.

Reminders of a certain fact that I am special, that I am no different and that I am indeed loved.

But today, no trace of such things seem to linger anymore.

All that's left is this cold, bitter emotion, wrapped with hurt and longing.

Just a mere mention of your precious name concludes everything.

That despite every effort, despite every counter-thought, I'm still stuck and still unable to cope up.

Time's rushing fast, leaving me still picking up the pieces of my shattered dreams.

People are changing, moving on, but I'm still here at the exact spot where you left me, hoping to be found again.

Hoping to claim refuge in my rightful place.

In your arms, hearing the rapid pace of your heartbeat.

Filling myself with the warmth that had been drained from me.

And finally back to the serenity I only wish were here now.

Tuesday, July 18th, 2006

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 151 16
'They say that eyes are the window to the soul, I disagree, I say it is the way you do your hair, The books you read The things you write The things...
20.7K 440 19
ريتال طالبة جامعية محبة للخيل حين تذهب ريتال الى الاسطبل سوف تلتقي ب صاحب الاسطبل اور الذي عاد له بعد هجره اكثر من خمس سنوات انجذبوا لبعضهم البعض...
12.3K 316 42
Just a few bits and pieces of poetry I've written over the years. |On-going|
1.1M 32.8K 17
I want to remember you, remember us... through my poems.