Myles and Cole

By avalonbwriting

Quiet and anxious, Myles is a bundle of nerves entering his sophomore year of high school after being homesch... More

Author's Note (PLEASE READ)
Chapter 1 | Myles
Chapter 2 | Cole
Chapter 3 | Myles
Chapter 4 | Cole
Chapter 5 | Myles
Chapter 6 | Cole
Chapter 7 | Myles
Chapter 9 | Myles
Chapter 10 | Cole
Chapter 11 | Myles
Chapter 12 | Cole
Chapter 13 | Myles
Chapter 14 | Cole
Chapter 15 | Myles
Chapter 16 | Cole
Chapter 17 | Myles
Chapter 18 | Cole
Chapter 19 | Myles
Chapter 20 | Cole
Chapter 21 | Myles
Chapter 22 | Cole
Chapter 23 | Myles
Chapter 24 | Cole
Chapter 25 | Myles
Chapter 26 | Cole
Chapter 27 | Myles
Chapter 28 | Cole
Chapter 29 | Myles
Chapter 30 | Cole
Chapter 31 | Myles
Chapter 32 | Cole
Chapter 33 | Myles
Chapter 34 | Cole
Chapter 35 | Myles
Chapter 36 | Cole
Chapter 37 | Myles
Chapter 38 | Cole
Chapter 39 | Myles
Chapter 40 | Cole (END)

Chapter 8 | Cole

276K 10.5K 17.2K
By avalonbwriting

When Mycah dropped me off at school this morning, I decided to go to the library. There was a secluded table that hid at the back of the library that I often sat at to catch up on some sleep. Usually, there was only one librarian on at a time, which made it easier for me not to get caught. They never bothered to leave front desk anyways.

I later walked into Mr. Sullow's math class not caring that I was roughly twenty minutes late.

"Mr. Tucker, where have you been?" Mr. Sullow asked me.

I didn't answer him. Obviously, I was in a mood. I slammed my stuff down on a vacant desk loudly. Some of the students flinched at the loud noise it created.

"You are late, you're supposed to apologize for that. Where is your respect?" He was on the verge of yelling.

"I left it at home. Could you be a little quieter," I said sarcastically and sat down. My ears were sensitive from the drinking last night.

"You know I don't fool around. " That was true. Mr. Sullow wasn't like Mrs. Valeria, he wasn't afraid to dish out punishments. "You have detention at lunch. Come get your slip."

But I made no move towards the red detention slip.

"Now!" Mr. Sullow was getting red in the face.

He hated me.  All because he caught me fighting with Roman, and when he tried to pull me away from Roman, I accidently elbowed him in the nose and shouted at him to get the fuck out of my way.

Now, he constantly found little things to try and get me in trouble with. I'd be rich if a had a dollar for every time he gave me a detention. Although, today, I knew I probably deserved a detention due to being rude. 'A delight to teach' or something along the lines of that, definitely wasn't something that appeared on my report cards.

I kept my cold gaze on the teacher, not breaking eye contact as I made my way to collect the red slip.  This honestly didn't bother me. I had been to detention multiple times; nothing new. I snatched the detention slip out of his hands, trying not to snarl at him.

At the end of the of the school day, I begrudgingly headed over to the detention room, which also happened to be held in the same room as my English class.

It'd been a while since the last time I had detention. There was only two other people in the room, an emo girl and a guy name Travis (I don't know how I know his name). The teacher, thankfully, was a nice older lady who was usually filled in as a substitute teacher. She told us that we could do any work that we needed to catch up on.

I plugged my headphones into my phone  and started blasting my music, loud enough that everyone else in the room could probably hear it too. A few songs later and I heard the teacher welcoming another student to detention like it was some cheerful place to be. She didn't even care that the student happened to be ten minutes late.

It was Mycah's brother.

I paused my music but didn't take my headphones out.

"And what are you here for?" The teacher asked him.

"I-I didn't finish my homework," he stammered Myles.

Detention for not finishing homework? Harsh.

"Ah, I see. You're new right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Well, just take a seat anywhere." Said the teacher.

Myles silently made his way to the back of the room, sitting at a desk in the far left corner. I also happened to be situated at the back but on the right side. Every couple of minutes I found myself sneaking glances over at him, I couldn't help it. His head was resting on the desk, facing away from me each time I looked at him. He hadn't seemed to have moved an inch, which confirmed my suspicions of him probably being asleep. Cute.

Time went by fairly quick, as I spent it staring at Myles. The teacher announced that we were free to leave. She and the other two students rushed out of the classroom, probably desperate to get home.

I started to walk of to the door but paused. Myles had yet to come back to the land of consciousness. I couldn't just leave him there still sleeping.

I shook his shoulder gently, once I approached him. "Myles?"

I tried again, "Wake up, Myles."

He slowly lifted his head as those gorgeous blue eyes fluttered open.  When he registered that it was me that woke him, he stared in shock.

"What's g-going on?" He asked.

"Uhh-" I faltered. "Detention is over. You fell asleep so I thought I'd wake you."

"Oh! I d-didn't mean to, I was just so tired." He sputtered out as a shade of pink colored his cheeks.

I noticed that he always seemed so nervous around me. Did I scare him? Did he not like me?

"It's fine," I told him. "I figured you'd probably want to know so you can go home."

"Yeah, thank you." He said so softly and quietly I almost missed it. "And I also wanted to say thank you for- um..."

My brows furrowed when Myles voice faded out as he didn't finish his sentence. His gaze was focused on the floor, refusing to make eye contact with me. What else was he going to say? I needed to know.

"What?" I asked. "What were you also going to thank me for?"

He finally looked back at me. "For helping me out with Roman. I-I never thanked you and then I ran away. I don't want you to think I'm not g-grateful."

He seemed so genuinely worried that he didn't thank me and it hadn't even crossed my mind. I sincerely wanted to help him get away from Roman and a 'thank you' from Myles wasn't necessary; it was as the least I could do.

"I'm really sorry!" He blurted.

I smiled down at him before deciding to pull over a chair and sit next to him. I was aware of how he watched my every move. "Myles, it's totally fine." I assured. "You were shaken up and needed to leave, I get it."

"Okay," he whispered.

My response appeared to have eased his nerves, because I noticed him visibly relax. But now it seemed I was the one who was nervous. I couldn't control the way my heart beat sped up as he offered me a small smile in return.

"Do you like it here? This school- I mean." I asked him and immediately felt stupid after.

I hated small talk. It never interested me and I tried to avoid it where I could. Yet, here I was, trying to make a conversation with Myles by asking him questions he probably thought were boring. If someone were to ask me the same question I'd probably find it boring too, but I wanted to know his answer.

"Uhh, it's alright, I guess. I just don't like school, overall though. Even when I was younger."

I nodded. His answer was definitely one I could relate to. I vaguely remember Mycah telling me Myles had been homeschool for years. I don't think I would've coped being homeschooled.

"Hey," I said quietly, after a few moments of silence passed.

"Uh, hi?" Myles answered uncertainly.

He was still looking at me, expectedly, waiting for me to say something more. But I couldn't, I was stumped on what to say next. I wanted to keep talking to him and get to know him better but my mind had blanked. All I knew, was that this kid had been on my mind for a while. I was fascinated by him and I shouldn't be. He was just Mycah's brother.

His eyes were alluring.

I felt myself getting closer.

"What are you doing?" He said.

What am I doing?

"Just sit still," I breathed.

It only took seconds before our faces were just inches apart and then I pressed my lips to his.

This was bliss. And that bliss only lasted a few moments before I realised... I was kissing another boy. Mycah's brother.

I pulled away from him and after my initial shock faded, I snarled at him. All logic left my head.

I then said to him, trying not to raise my voice, "Don't bloody touch me."

My fist was raised, and in a matter of time, it wasn't our faces that were connected. It was my fist and his jaw. Myles gasped and placed a hand on his jaw. His eyes were a mixture of pain, confusion and fear.

He managed to say, "You ki- touched me first."

I paused. I was going through all my actions in the last few minutes. I really had touched him first.

I took one last look at Myles. He say frozen in his seat, although I could see he was trembling. The kid looked petrified but that didn't stop me from meeting him with a piercing stare and a sneer.

I fled the classroom, leaving Myles behind. My thoughts were chaotic and it was impossible to make sense of my previous actions. I tried my best to push down the panic that was currently rising up inside me.

Why did kiss him? Why did I then punch him after? Why did he bother me so much? I hardly even knew him. I had to stop thinking about it, or else my guilt will eat me alive. Fuck. What have I done?

-

The next morning, I regrettable walked in to my first class and slumped down into my seat next to Kade and Mycah. I couldn't even look at Mycah.

"You alright, bro?" He asked me.

"I'm fine."

"Dude, did you enjoy that detention yesterday?" Kade practically yelled at me, even though we were about a meter apart. I wanted nothing more than to wipe the smug smirk off of his face.

"Waste of time," I said.

I couldn't concentrate properly. Not with Mycah sitting right beside me, oblivious to the fact that I kissed and hit his little brother yesterday. The thought that I would end up having to see Myles sometime soon was nauseating.

I know what I needed to do. Violet's party was tomorrow. I will get absolutely wasted, in hopes that I can think about anything else instead of Myles.

———————————————

Roughly, I think this story might be around about 20-30 chapters. I'm not quite sure yet. I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who have read this. It means a lot. Oh, and also I've said this before but if you see any mistakes or get confused please let me know kindly so I can fix it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 47 11
Love is a complicated thing, a thing that very few can master. Andrew Smith, a sixteen-year-old student, is just trying to make it through high schoo...
62.5K 3.6K 16
[BXB] Two boys, an ice cream store and a summer to fall in love. ✩✩✩ Outgoing Tanner makes it a mission to befriend his reserved coworker Austin over...
7.6K 340 12
{COMPLETE BxB} Cole Parker Blane. He's known for being stuck up and short-tempered and an emotional wreck, and if you asked him he'd probably agree w...
31.7K 1.5K 38
*THIS STORY IS UNDER COMPLETE RECONSTRUCTION.* Prickly, sarcastic, self-aware Austin is roped into a risky dare by his best friend that leads to one...