ILY: I (loathe!/like?/love?!)...

By sspencerr27

A tweens fanfiction. :) this is LEXI-CENTERED, but all tweens are included. pairings? (surprise, surprise!) w... More

Author's Note
Prologue
1. Two is better than one
2. The Tigress Slap!
3. De Javu
4. AAACHHHOOOO!!!
5. Meet his little sister!
6. What the hell?
7. Say it again
8. and it's all about her(her, her, her, her)
9. That should be Me
10. start of something new
11. Happy together
12. We are family
13. A night To Remember
14. Isn't she lovely?
15. Complicated
16. What Hurts Most
17. The Reason
18. Hot Mess
19. This is Me
21. Cry
22. Smile
23. Balisa
24. You found Me
25. We Could Happen
26. You and Me
27. I love you goodbye
28. Save Me
29. I'll be there for you
30. Sana Dalawa ang Puso Ko
31. The gift
32. The Dance
33. How I met You Mother
34. Eyes on the Prize
35. The Break Up
36. misunderstanding
37. duets
38. family reunion Day 1
39. Day 2
40. Lanterns
41. Isn't enough

20. One Step at a Time

1.1K 32 10
By sspencerr27

     Bea… was never the girly type. She grew up having pranks as their family business, which is NOT girly at all… plus a very caring(a.k.a. we-never-allowed-any-mosquito-touch-your-skin-so-as-any-boy-court-you) parents, plus TWO overprotective brothers; now who would expect that this young girl will be girly and such, right?! And there she goes, meeting high school, one of the best part of the growing up years as they say. She blossomed… really. But she always lived under the shadow of her brother’s bestfriend, Lexi.

     Lexi sure is something -- beauty and brains. She had curves, a long, black, glossy hair—naturally and a beautiful white skin. Josh and Lexi were partners. They were famous for their intelligence… well Josh, for genuinely plotting a prank  and Lexi for academic and logic-wise problems. She giggles and blushes everytim she receives love letters, chocolates, and presents. She appreciates it of course, flattered almost, and just like a normal high school girl, will ALWAYS be talking about her crush, insecurities and such.

     Sometimes boys just befriend Bea for the sole reason of knoingw something about Lexi, how rude, right? Every guy she crushes on, is absolutely into Lexi… Bea envied her for everything!

    Finally! Bea had the FIRST boy(aside from her family members of course) named Jon—he who saw her as BEA MAGALONA, not as Josh’s little sister, Magalona’s youngest heir, and most especially… not as Lexi’s bestfriend—or thas was what she believed in. Of course everyone WAS against it…

    Parents: SECOND YEAR HIGHSCHOOL KA PALANG!!!

    Elmo:     LOSER kaya yun! Wala man lang siyang fashion sense sa katawan! Sayang ang itsura niya!

    Josh:     Sigurado ka bang gusto ka niya?! Baka naman gusto ka lang niyang GAMITIN, kasi napagtripan ko na yan dati… baka gusto lang gumanti…

    Friends: sigurado ka bang SAYO siya interesado? Hindi kay Ate Lexi?

    So where else would she go? To LEXI of course, that ONE person who will believe and support her. Lexi was never the stereotype. So most of time… when Jon and Bea hangs out, Lexi will be there to be a decoration—to hide that not-so secret relationship.

     It was after their 6th monthsary… and Bea knew… there was something different… something awkward when the three of theme were together. Soon she noticed Lexi will ALWAYS make an excuse not to be with THEM. Girls always have this INTUITION… intuition that something is not in its right place…

     Jon:            Lex… please!

     Lex: ano ba?!

     Jon:            bakit mo ba ko iniiwasan?

     Lex: kasi naiilang ako sayo!

     Jon:            Lex—

     Lex: bitawan mo nga ko! Just in case nagka-amnesia ka or something, GIRLFRIEND MO LANG NAMAN ANG BESTFRIEND KO!

     Jon:            pero natutunan na kitang mahalin—

     Bea: WHAT?!

     Lex: Bea…

     Bea:            ANO TO?! LEX?!

     Jon:            Dapat malaman na niya…

     Bea:            malaman ang ano?! Na MAHAL MO NA DIN ANG BESTFRIEND KO?! HOW COULD YOU LEX?! I TRUSTED YOU! IKAW NA NGA LANG YUNG…--

     Lex: Bea… wala akong kasalanan dito…--

    Bea: So mag mamalinis ka pa?! Wow Lex… konting guilt naman dyan!

     For a whole two week, Bea ignored Lexi… not just ignored, she was AGAINST Lexi. Backstab, gossips, PRANKS, name it, she experienced them all. Lexi knew Bea was hurt… But… HOW DARE SHE?! She IS her BESTFRIEND! WHY DIDN’T SHE BELIEVE or AT LEAST LISTEN TO HER?! She was there, the ONLY ONE, who supported her and that @#$@$!@# boy’s relationship! She NEVER flirted or show ANY signs that she was interested to Jon! Is it her fault that her affections were misinterpreted?!

   From that day on, she will always be seen with one boy, Josh, her TRUE bestfriend. She NEVER entertained any SUITOR. She never accepted any gifts… that was the only way she knew Bea would realize how stupid her actions were—how absurd for calling her flirt and boyfriend stealer!

   After 27 days of war, Josh needed to do something… And as we know Josh, he only does things the way he did it best—pranks. So he humiliated Jon in front of everyone, worst humiliation ever—after a basketball game, his clothes were gone… so he had no choice but to look for it with only towels on. And there he found his clothes… to the stage… along with the student body, using it as rags. And he saw pictures of him, when he was younger, really embarrassing pictures, scattered in the whole school. THATmade him confess EVERYTHING.

   Bea, then realized what she turned into the pass whole month! A sincere apology of hers made everything okay—well not everything. Lexi stayed being away from suitors. She was open to boys, yes, but once the boy confesses to her, her famous reply would be, ‘Hindi ba tayo mas okay sa magkaibigan lang? Super enjoy kang kasama, promise. Siguro kilalanin muna natin ang isa’t-isa. Siguro pag ganun pa din ang feelings mo sakin, so sige, ligawan mo ko.’ But as far as Bea knew, Lexi never had a boyfriend. Lexi would always reason out, he is not the one… But Bea knew, Lexi was being too careful… too careful not to fall in love for someone Bea MIGHT fall for.

     Guilt -- Major reason why Bea always looked forward to someone who would break Lexi’s walls. She thought it was Kris, but Kris will always be the brother Lexi never had. She even thought it was Derrick, but Derrick will always be the coward who can never fight for Lexi… Then there came Jake. Jake saw Lexi more than friends. He was even willing to go against his friend’s will for her. But he was on the the right love in the wrong time… Lexi already had THAT someone, and it was Alden. For the first time, Bea saw Lexi’s smile… better than ever. She was back, the Lexi she knew. She was vulnerable whenever with Alden, she would ask advice on JULIE ANNE(!!!), she started caring for her imperfections and insecurities, she would describe how ‘magical’ was his touch to her skin and his voice to her ears. Her bestfriend was back, and Bea will do ANYTHING to make her bestfriend happy.

::::::::::

     Yassi can’t remove the smile on her face… Julie Anne is entertaining her! Japs, as she calls her will always argue with her about everything—new fashion trends, friends, losers and cool people. She was possessive of Lexi, her model. But Yassi insisted that Lexi will somehow end up with Derrick(she is a DerLex fan, she just thought that against all odds, the best lovestories begins with the worst scenario ever) and therefore be PART of the LIGHTNING DATERS and Japs’s little angel would be her BFF. But then after fighting and fighting, Yas and Japs will turn into a dynamic duo and be against Elmo and his boys-are-better-than-girls issues. Speaking of which, she was the bridge that links this two in ‘acting as boyfriend-girlfriend’, but she is determined to be a matchmaker today. She knew this two would be a couple—a real couple. and she always had this ego… that she’s always right. She has her ways…

     EVERYONE NEAR BONFIRE AT 7PM. Be there. Everyone, will be. :) –Kim

Kim:                 Yas! Ready for a game?

Yassi:               What game?

Kim:                 Julie Anne, what do you suggest?

Julie Anne:        Uhhh… spin the bottle?

All:                   SUUUUUREEE!

Kim:                 Truth or Dare?

Rhen:                At syempre… bago mag-dare… iinom muna! At pag truth at hindi kami satisified sa sagot… INOM PLUS DARE!

Kim:                 Game?

ALL:                 GAME!!!

     (like the typical storylines… we will just focus on the characters you are interested to… :)) ) so the bottle then turned to YASSI.

Rhen:                truth… or dare?

Yassi:               Dare.

Rhen:                Yas! You always choose Dare! Truth naman!

Yassi:               I choose dare, ‘cause I’m ready to try anything…

All:                   WHOOOOOO!!!!

Rhen:                Hmmm. Fine. Pumunta ka sa isang loser, anyone, your choice, magsabi ka ng kung ano, he will be happy to talk to a beautiful girl like you! At the end of the mini-convi, sabihin mong na-love at first sight ka at humingi ka sa kanya ng kiss.

All:                   OH YEAAAAAHHH!

Julie Anne:        (whispers to Elmo) why do you always pick on LOSERS? Akala niyo naman kung sino kayo!

Elmo:               We are the COOL ones anyway…

Julie Anne:        This is crazy!

Elmo:               Relax… this just for fun… so if I were you, mag-truth ka nalang kung hindi mo kaya…

     Yassi returned to her seat… welcomed by the cheers of her peers. Julie anne was relieved Yassi was fine…

She would be, she might even be the best in doing this kind of thing, she was the QUEEN BEE after all.

     Then the bottle turned to Julie Anne.

Julie Anne:        TRUTH!

ALL:                 EXCITED! Hahahahaha!

Julie Anne:        Hahaha… Para go na agad diba?

Kim:                 Naaaah… Go for the Dare!

Rhen:                newest member ka diba… Dare na yan! hahaha!

Elmo:               Guys, wag na pilitin… baka di niya pa kaya mga ginagawa natin…

Yassi:               Eto naman kung makapagsalita… parang kung ano ang ginagawa natin… haha! ako magdecide kung anong gagawin niya!

     I trust you Yassi!

     Yassi gave Julie Anne one bottle.

Yassi:               Bottoms up!

Julie Anne:        huh?

Yassi:               pinakamadali na yan ah. Kailangan straight!

Elmo:               baka mabigla siya…

Rhen:                naks. Protective lang?! haha! go Julie Anne!

All:                   GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!

     What could Julie Anne do anyway?

     Kung hindi ko to gagawin, iinom din ako… sus. Ano namang mangyayaring masama diba?!

     Julie Anne drank it all up! That was something. She felt dizzy… and hyper at the same time. Everyone cheered for her… She felt like… she belong…

     The game went on… and at last. The bottle turned to Elmo…

Rhen:                So Moe… truth? Or dare?

Elmo:               Dare!

Rhen:                is Julie Anne, THE One?

Elmo:               Sabi ko Dare!

Rhen:                Naaaah. Truth ka muna ngayon… nakakasawa na yung puro dare, everytime na nag-gaganto tayo. lahat naman tayo Dare ng Dare… nag-TRUTH or Dare pa.

Elmo:               Eh bakit ngayon mo lang naisip yan?!

Rhen:                Come on. Special rules applies to the royalties. Yassi’s done. Jake’s not here. Derrick’s not either. So go.

Yassi:               I like that. Go Moe, answer it.

Rhen:                Yun oh! Si Yas na nagsabi, wala ng atrasan to…

Elmo:               Ano ulit yung question?

Yassi:               hindi mo ba naaalala? O ayaw mo lang alalahanin?

Elmo:               Quit playing games…--

Yassi:               with my heart?!

All:                   HAHAHAHAHA! Quit playing games with my heart… LaLaLa

Rhen:                Ehem… again… is Julie Anne, THE One?

Elmo:               What kind of question is that?

Yassi:               one of a kind!

Rhen:                Too easy? Too hard? The most simple question we could ever ask!

Elmo:               Ang corny!

Kim:                 Change question na! ang corny naman niyan!

Rhen:                Yun na nga yung tanong eh. So Elmo, what? Is she, the one? Or… rebound lang?

     REBOUND? Could it be? pwede naman diba… sabi niya hindi siya maiinlove sakin… at matagal naging sila ni Kim… kailangan niya lang ba ko para maka-move on? For image? Maybe I don’t really belong…

     Elmo noticed a slight change of expression in Julie Anne’s eyes.

Was she affected by that question? Why would she? Nope… lasing lang siya… oo. Lasing lang siya. Baka nahihilo na.

Yassi:               hirap bang makasagot? Anjan si past… anjan si present… sino ang future?

Yas… you ARE enjoying this… tssss.

Elmo:               Yes…

ALL:                 ANO DAW?

Elmo:               Yes!

Yassi:               Yes what?

Elmo:               Si Julie Anne nga.

Yassi:               Si Julie Anne ang?

Elmo:               Yas…

Yassi:               Lasing ka ba? Ako si Julie anne?!

Elmo:               I mean siya yung gusto ko!

Yassi:               Siya ang gusto mong ano?! Make it clear Moe, wala tayo sa charade…

Why are you doing this?!

Elmo:               Siya ang present… hindi ko alam kung siya ang future…--

     Everyone was ecstatic!… Yassi really knows how to spice things up. Kim being happy is an understatement! She felt like flying! Julie Anne feels like she wanted to vomit!

Nahihilo ako. Seriously…

Yassi:               at bakit hindi ka sure?

Elmo:               Yas! Nobody knows the future! Alam naman nating lahat na gusto lang mambola kapag nagsasabing ‘ikaw ang future ko’. Basta ang alam ko siya ang present ko, yun naman mahalaga diba?!

Rhen:                Satisfied ba tayo jan?

Yassi:               not yet, so wala ng past?

Elmo:               Wala na…

     Kim, from flying, felt like falling 10 meters high. She thought Yassi was on her side… why is she being mean to her?

No way… Julie anne can’t take my place, can she?

Rhen:                prove it…

Elmo:               What?

Rhen:                Kiss kim.

ALL:                 WHOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Elmo:               WHAT?!

Rhen:                walang malisya… wala na naman talaga diba?

ALL:                 WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Yassiiiii…. Help me! Why are you just sitting there… SMILING?! Plano mo ba to?!

     Kim wasted no time… she needed to assure herself… so she grabbed Elmo and kissed him… (what a desperate girl, right?) but Elmo didn’t kiss back. He was too shocked! At the corner of his eyes, he saw Yassi stood up on her seat, probably about to rip Kim but NO he was wrong! She was… she was… on Julie Anne’s seat

 Why? Are you really not going to help me?! WHATTA FRIEND!

     He forced kim away from him, but Kim was really desperate! But he took a glimpse of Julie Anne… his Julie Anne, she was his, right? But what she saw was his Jhu, across the ground, unconscious and right beside her was Yassi.

What had happened to her?!

     he immediately stood up, thrown Kim to the ground and went to Julie Anne’s aid.

::::::::::

Derrick:             Josh… salamat ah!

Josh:                para sa?

Derrick:             para jan sa mga sugat mo! hahahaha!

     Umakbay si Derrick kay Josh…

Josh:                Aw… aww… pasalamat ka masakit ang katawan ko!

Derrick:             ikaw naman kasi… Mr. Knight in Shining armor ka pa jan. e parang Amazona ata si Barbie!

Josh:                Wow. Bakit, nakipagwrestiling ka na ba sa kanya at natakedown ka niya?

Derrick:             Ako? Hahahaha! Sa laki kong to, mapapatumba nung liit non?

Josh:                pinapaalala ko lang sayo na nasampal ka na ni Lexi… at higit sa lahat… sa SUNTOK ka lang naman ng KAPATID ko! HAHAHAHAHA!

Derrick:             Alam mo… misan nagtataka ako kung pano niyo naging kapatid si Moe eh… ibang-iba siya sa inyo eh…

Josh:                Pare-parehas kasi kayo… feeling niyo… pag tinawag niyo kaming losers… nagiging astig kayo.

Derrick:             Wohw. Chill lang. walang personalan dude.

Josh:                tsssss…

Derrick:             Pero bro… thanks. Sa pagiging kaibigan kay sis.

Josh:                wala ba siyang kaibigan? Loner ba kapatid mo?

Derrick:             Iba ang showbiz, Josh…

Josh:                pano naging iba? Kasi para kayong unggoy na pinapanuod ng lahat? Pinagtatawanan?

Derrick:             Alam mo pasalamat ka hindi ako pumapatol sa mga hindi makalaban, kasi kanina pang nagkabasag-basag yang mga buto mo!

Josh:                ano ba kasi sinasabi mo?

Derrick:             sa showbiz… lahat nage-aim ng magandang image. May ibang binabago lahat. Hindi lang physical appearance… lahat may mask. Minsan di mo alam kung sino yung totoo. Minsan di mo na din alam kung sino yung sarili mo. Kailangan niya ng kaibigan Josh. At mukang pumasa ka sa criteria.

Josh:                ano namang criteria yan?

derrick:             simple lang. kailangan lang willing at nagpapakatotoo ka.

Josh:                okay pa k sa nagpapakatotoo eh… pero willing? Sigurado ka?

Derrick:             tsss… aminin mo na pre… My sister is undeniably charming… and you are slowly being under her charm…

Josh:                alam mo… unti-unti na kong naniniwalang… bading ka… sister, charming. Derrick ah. Roommates pa naman din tayo…

Derrick:             ABA! HULING WARNING NA YUNG KANINAAAAAAA!!!! Wag kang magpapahabol sakin!

::::::::::

      Kris and Lexi were out on the balcony. Kris put his jacket on Lexi as he noticed her shiver.

Lexi:                 Thanks…

Kris:                 Ansarap ng simoy ng hangin no?

Lexi:                 Tsss… tingnan natin kung matuwa ka pa kapag nagsimula na tayong magswimming lessons!

Kris:                 hay. Pinaalala pa…

     Lexi just smiled. She was enjoying evry bit of this vacation…

Kris:                 Lex… kung… kung hindi ba tayo magkapatid… sa tingin mo ba… magiging ano tayo?

Lexi:                 uhhhh… sa tingin ko… walang patutunguhan ang pag-uusap na to kung hindi mo ko didiretsuhin…

Kris:                 Hayyy… Lexxx!!! Mahirap ba kong mahalin?

Lexi:                 hindi akong makakasagot niyan. Kasi alam mong mahal na kita!

     Tumingin si Kris ng nakakalokong tingin kay Lexi.

Lexi:                 siguro naman hindi tayo maglolokohan dito…

Kris:                 Lexi… hindi naman talaga tayo blood-related no. at hindi naman talaga ko legally adopted…--

     Lexi glared at Kris. Kris just laughed… laughed at loud! And hugged Lexi…

Lexi:                 alam mo bang medyo weird na pagkatapos mo kong pagtawanan bigla kang maglalambing?

Kris:                 Eh ganto naman tayo lagi diba…

Lexi:                 hay… I know you Kris… you’re having doubts AGAIN!

Kris:                 oh? Tungkol saan naman?

Lexi:                 Kris… don’t play dumb on me! I know you… A LOT!

Kris:                 (snickered) I know. I know. You can read me like an open book!             

Lexi:                 siguro naman, by now… alam mo ng napag-iiwanan ka na!

     Kris stayed silent. He held Lexi tighter. He knows he is feeling weak inside. Joyce is his reason to move on. But his so-called family was his strength. Right now, Lexi is the only who would take him seriously. Sure, there was Josh, but Josh was NEVER good at words! That’s the trait of the Magalonas.

Lexi:                 God knows kung gano mo kamahal si Joyce! Siguro, alam na din niya… pero patunayan mong worth it ka!

Kris:                 I’m doing everything I can!

Lexi:                 everything?! Saang banda? Well… Newsflash Kris, ken is certainly doing something… and believe me or not. He is doing it really good!

Kris:                 Lex… I quite need your ENCOURAGEMENT, right now…

Lexi:                 What you need, is not me, nor my encouragement… you need GUTS, for goodness’ sake!

     This time, Lexi hugged Kris back…

Lexi:                 hindi ako mawawala sayo Kris… pero si Joyce? Ano? Hahayaan mo nalang siyang mawala sayo? Hindi naman sa pro-Ken ako… pero sa situation ngayon... at tatanungin ako ni joyce kung sino ang mas deserving… I won’t hesitate to tell her, it’s Ken!

     Kris looked at Lexi in her eyes. There is this something between them. That whenever they look into each other’s eyes, they know they can’t hide something from each other.

Lexi:                 Kris, minsan hindi lang sapat na sabihin mo kung ano yung feelings mo. so what kung mahal mo siya? Deserving ka ba? I know who you are… You don’t have to prove me anything. Pero kailangan mong ipakita sa kanya, na you can man up.—

Kris:                 I can feel like she’s starting to—

Lexi:                 You can’t blame her Kris! You are certainly not doing anything! Alam kong iniisip mo… Ken is changing… for the better… and that’s good. I like it, personally. He needs her… and so? Kris, you’re surname is MARTIN! Not MARTYR! Give him a good fight!

     Kris kissed Lexi’s forehead. He always saw something very, very, very special in Lexi. He knew there is something special between their bond. And he always wondered why he never loved Lexi the way he loved Joyce. This is the reason. Lexi will always be there for him, she is his STRENGTH to keep forward… and Joyce will always be ahead of him. Not because he can’t keep up, but because she reminds him that at some point of his life, he must run towards HER. grab her. and never let her go. she will not be forever waiting…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know. I know. Masyadong Lexi-centric tong chapter na to. Pero rational kasi ako. Para sakin, everything happens for a reason. Hindi pwedeng love at first sight lang. =)) so this chapter is obviously saying that SOMETHING is coming up, right? :) atsaka… sakin kasi. Lexi-centric… kasi siya yung bridge… kung pano nagiging connected yung ibang characters, gulo no? :)) NVM!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.6M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
3.6M 291K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
1.4M 34.9K 47
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...