Savage creatures.

By johnnywritesstories

The widowed Tokili treks across the world Marlin in search of a place of peace and quite where she can have t... More

Chapter 1 origins

2 0 0
By johnnywritesstories

The place they move to be gorgeous, in all of it season. Spring/Summer lush green for grass, a lighter green for trees. In fall/winter bronze yellow for glass, deep orange in trees. The place was however odd, with unfamiliar creature roaming. Some who seemed to be unified other along a restless. The odd inhabitants abused them. Nikkei settlements were always attacked by the creatures of the wild nature. They try everything to prevent attacks. One day after fleeing the city, a hunger stricken child ingested a plant and start to do things that were super natural, magical things. So the Nikka researched the plants, which temporarily granted magical abilities.

And it happens that a Nikka (Trayen) was studying the juices harvested from the plants when the alarms were sounded. They were being attacked by the Unians (tall green plant typed creatures, they had two long legs. But no arms instead they had for vines that could practically shape in to anything then. They had a head like a flower bulb, that looked like they were flaky and moist, but hard as a rock. There were two slits almost on the sides of his oval head made up the eyes. As for the month it opened oddly, like the lips would be on the sides titled up. In battle they moved like they were insane, and wild. (which they were). They were savage whilst attacking the settlement. Tracy pulled his jagged edge sword and commended his wife to hide in an under ground storage area.

Toulon rushed down the cellar and locked the door. Tracy turned around to see a Unian burst into the tent. As the veil settled the Unian hiss at Trayen before swinging his arm at him rather queerly. Trajan dodged the swinging vine as he watched it slowly grow thorns. He was slapped roughly by the other now flatten vine. Tracy jumped to his feet and swung his sword round, the Unian leap into the air and rotated backwards to avoid the dangerous weapon. Toulon Heard the struggling above, as the helplessness started to sink in. Then she remembered the research and it's capability to fend off the wretched shrubs. She fingered through the selection of mixtures and grabbed the Figous (plant that grows from the ashes of a fire.) and the very plant.(plant that enhances your ability to think and focus.) She found exactly what she wanted and drank it down. Then rushed up the stairs and paused when she saw a Unian savagely tearing up the testing tools. He too paused as she shouted at him:

"Where is my Husband?!" It cocked his head as if understanding then, look down at the body half way hidden by the table and hissed at her. Talkily knelt blinded by tears her face turn red with anger, her red face deified the complexion to her dark brown hair as her dark eyes burned with rage, she could feel her veins on fire! Normally she would control her power with movement. But this time it hurled towards the Unian uncontrolled, turning its dark green skin into flaking brown crust. The magic fire did not harm Tokili skin. It was timed to be wielded. Toulon busted out of the tent and stared at three young guards huddle together trying to protect themselves from eleven Unians jabbing at them. She dashed up to them wretched a sword out of a slain Unian and said sharply: "Get out of here! Do not come back!" If any other person than she had told them this, they'd attack instantly, but as she spoke her voice crackled, and thundered. She sounded terrible as if she'd cough her last in that second. Toulon wasn't adept at the use of fire magic, but she had handled it more than once!

The Unians appeared to be glaring cutting their eyes fearfully. Toulon lifted her hand and dared them. One Unian after another charged her as they were finished off one by one, using the art of fire and the skill of a blade. There were a few Unians left in the town. Toulon felt exhausted both emotionally and physically. She had never used magic in extreme combat, or even for long periods of time. By now all the town people had weapons and were ready to back her up. Now the remaining Unian were in the center. The Unians were all hissing and darting their eyes back and forth. The towns people were cheering and shouting. A Unian stood up from his hunched position. Walked out from the crowd and created a circle using his vines. In the middle, there was a hazy light green with particles floating around. He was using his power. He began to speak of the magic of translating. He said: "You wretched ugly little things. No one will ever like you.

Leave this land... Or die." As the words rolled out of his mouth in a dry whisper he began to behave oddly as if nervous. The magic green faded. "No.. You leave! A grayish blonde haired young man said. Upon acknowledgement, his green eyes flared. One of the Unians made a move towards him. Iranian quickly drew a flaming arrow and shot it. The arrow stuck in its chest. It hissed harshly then croaked. After the show it became a stand off, both were afraid to move. Then it happens someone cast a sharp spear type object to the Unians, causing them to attack. In the midst of all this, Tokili saw the lead Unian creeping towards the gate taking out the guards as he went. Bolted up to him. "Scared?"

She said being condescending. He turned around used a surge of power force her power back. It was like rough being pushed back by a cloud of leaves. She was then struck by a thorny vine it sliced her arm and shoulder then an another vine caught her by the leg she cut it with the sword in her the left hand. She swung at him with the sword in one hand and using the other hand to shoot out a bolt of fire. He ducked then blocked the fire with a wall of green particles which were consumed. She sent another bolt. He leaned backward in time to dodge the bolt. He watched her jump through the air at him with her sword poised in his direction. The sword plunged deep into him as she stepped back "It over." She said in a hoarse voice, as she charged a fireball. The Unian watched as she flung it at him. He increased it destruction with his resistance causing it to explode. Throwing Tokili back several feet, and feelings her head with flash backs. She woke up in bed not knowing how long she had been out, although she remembered everything that had happened.

END OF PART 1

3 years later. Toulon has become the leading authority on research of the effect plants, the city council becomes wary of displaying their new found powers, because of increased aggression from other creatures in the magical categories, however Unian retreated back into the swamplands of Gorril. Iranian walked on tolls, who were neck deep in her research. "Paper moth!" Toulon flinched then look up and acknowledged him. "Hey! At least she's not eating the pages." Iranian turned to see a dark haired brown eyed girl walk out of the back room. Toulon spoke up. "Irrian I don't believe you met Emmalea. She does weapons and mixing." "Enchanted." Emilia remarked as she slightly bowed before leaving the room. "When did she get here?" Iranian inquired. "She got in from Boiz..." Iranian interrupted. "The mountain region?" "Who else? Apparently they think taking the force within the wilds lesser of weapons forged of mountain rock and metal. And I incapable of discovering the secrets to myself!" "Easy now. You do remember where I came from." Emilia stumbled into the room carrying a heavy crate of assorted weapons. "Let me help you with that." Iranian rushed to Emmalea's aid. "Thank you! Kindhearted folks don't come out of Boiz." Emilia smirked. "You know of my origins?" "Give me more credit than that." Emilia smiled shyly and continued her work. Iranian scratched the back of his head as he met Tokili's gaze as she rolled her eyes.

A servant stepped into the room, they paused. The servant made her way to Tokili and whispered in her ear. Toulon abruptly got up a reach for her cloak. Which completed her medieval look, and covered her dark autumn red dress and leather strap chest piece. Iranian followed her into the street followed by Emmalea. "Where are you going?" Iranian called from behind. "Arnice is in trouble again."

Toulon arrived at a rag tag, rug down brick based, wooden house. As most houses and buildings were styled. They were met by a short man, about five feet. Toulon her two friends stood at least a foot taller than he.

"I like to speak with Keyaz." "Doors open. Better keeps your brat out of the storage room!"

Toulon lead the way into the house. "Keyaz! "Where is Arnice?" "What will you give me?" "It is not lawful to hold someone for ransom." "Law? That is not how I do things" Emmalea spoke up. "Give up the boy or..." Toulon interrupted "No violence! Can we please resolved this?" "Well then silence your slaves." Iranian glared at Emmalea as she retorted.: "I am, no slave!" Dare you disrespect me a mutt!" Emilia said nothing, Keyaz took this as a sign that he won this argument. Emilia sensed this and on impulse drew her dagger darted up to him and press the knife against his neck. "Emmalea."

Toulon shrieked. "Emmalea... Stand down." Iranian spoke up. The atmosphere tensed up. Eyes broke the silence, with a slight chuckle. "Aww your wife knows you're doing business like this?" Emilia said whilst slightly moving her knife just beyond his neck. "Actually she does!"

A voice came from the door. They turned around to see Keyaz's wife loose the arrow poised on her bow, which plunged into Emmalea's shoulder. Iranian rushed to Emmalea's aid, who was now bent over holding her shoulder. "Now that will be to Knics for the polluted arrow."

The archer walked into the building already having another arrow cocked. "Marlyn put the bow down. The guards will hear of this, and we would all spends at least a month in jail." Toulon pleaded. "Fourty quid for the lot, including the brat." "We both know I don't have that much for penance." "Then you'll be our honored guest." Marilyn glanced at her husband and smirked. Toulon took action. She kicked the arrow of the string. Grabbed the bow and twisted in her hand drawing out a scream, pulled the bow forwarded and kicks her backward into the door. Eyas pulled a dagger from his belt jabbed at her. Tokay grabbed the boy from the ground a blocked then parried with an upper cut, a knee to the gut. "Where's Arnice?"

"What were you doing at Keyaz's?" Toulon asked eyes fixed on Arnice. "I was just looking."

"Lurking around his lot.... an" Emmalea as before Irrian applied pressure to the wound. "Em you should hold your tongue behaving badly because someone challenged your pride." Toulon remarked causing Emmalea to lower her eyes in shame. "Tokili I need something to stop the bleeding." Iranian said pushing a pillow behind Emmalea's book"Arnice go to the boiling room. Get the pad, and potions from the cabinet below the roast." At Tokili's command, Arnice rushed into the next room, and came back with the items ordered. "You be happy Keyaz didn't want to tell the guards he blasted a ball to a female." Toulon administered the potion, which sent Emmalea into a deep sleep. Toulon was alone in her dining area. She could see the night sky lit up by the thousands of stars she could see from her room window. Often she hated to be alone, because her mind would wander back to the battle that took place here three years ago. Where she loved her husband, and promised a dying guard to look after his boy. Alice, who was eleven at the time.

The next day everything had changed. The atmosphere in the house was now calm. There was no more tension. Alice crept into his guardian's room and gently shook her until she woke. "Tokili I'm going out." Toulon groaned. "But it is early." "No... The sun is high in the sky." "What?" Toulon said surprised. "I shut the blind over the window." Alice said with a chuckle. "You little urchin! Alright you can go." She said pushing his blonde hair from in front of his right eye. Now both of his brown eyes were staring at her. "Someone needs a hair cut." "No! I'd look silly bald." Alice said in protest. She smiled. "Alright don't get into trouble." "I promised, Irrian said you were awesome back there." Toulon gave a bashful smile. "Be back before sunset." "Thanks Mom. I... I mean Tokili." He raced out of the room after he finished his sentences. Toulon smiled, she had never had the chance to have children.

Toulon lifted her bedside and ventured into Emmalea's room. Oxon entering Tokili found Emmalea up and stirring. "Hello, I see you've recovered." "I have indeed. Thanks to you I'm sure." Emilia said sitting up in bed. "Well next time I hope you'll take a lighter approach." Emilia said nothing. But hung her head in shame. Toulon sluggishly tolled through the dirt mixed cobble stone streets. 'Alot of things have changed in three years. ' She thought to herself. The town has grown alot in three years. She had lived in a tent on the outside of a small town with a few houses. Now she lived in a nice house made of stone a wood, like many of the houses around this town.

Now the city council has closed the border gate to the wild woods, swamplands. In hopes to contain three villagers, and maintain their beliefs. Toulon would much rather be out there, researching. Now you weren't even supposed to talk about it. The cities of the north were more inviting. Allowing people the freedom to do almost as they choose. Mingling with the more human like natives of their country. Toulon would hear of strange creatures walking around the city, which was now walled off. The city leaders didn't think highly of the raid those three years ago, or the way she warded them off. Toulon was very aware of the "Laws, against potion brewing and keeping plants. But Tokili had a higher ranking the citizens. And as a member of the founding counsel and leading/only researcher in the city. However, even that was challenged. The counsel tried to get rid of her. However, they hadn't the power to do so. And would go under the law to do so.

"Yes I had better be careful." She said to herself. Just then she heard a feeble scream. She looks to the side to see an old woman struggling to get up off the ground. Toulon rushed to her aid. While helping her up she notices people passing her by, staring at her with disgust. No one would help this dirt covered lady, who probably smelled as well. "Thank you..." A feeble voice let out. "Oh nothing." Toulon replied. "And to think... came here to escape barbarism!" The old lady said angrily. "Your came from outside the city?"

Toulon inquired. "Yes... I am one of the few you have lived in the wood around here. I have lived off the land long enough. Some would call me a witch." "Why have you come to the city." She again asked puzzled. "To retire I'm too old to be in the forest, where I could easy be murdered by any creature." The old woman replied hastily. "Where will you go?" "I will take a cot here. But I have no money." She said hanging her head. "I have a house, and I have thought about a venture out of the gates for awhile." Toulon said deep in thought. "Thank you... but." The Woman began, but was interrupted by Tokili. "Not another word." She said helping the woman recover her belongings.

A moment later they were in Tokili's house. After a brief meal on Tokili's side, and a feast on the elderly woman's side. The Woman spoke up.

"Do you plan to leave alone?" "I... I don't know." Toulon replied thinking hard. "And you say you'll let me stay here until you see fit to come back." "You'll have to share with Emmalea." "Who? What? Reverend... I can't take charity." The Woman said before pausing. "But... You said." Toulon asked puzzled. "All paid you! Oh! I'm Migz, To-ki-li." A look of shock crossed Tokili's face, and for a moment she thought to ask how she knew her name. Mainz finished her food. It was as if the meal click something in her. Restoring her bubbly, talkative attitude. She motioned for her bag, and Tokili handed it to her. Mainz introduced the items from her inventory, after Tokili shut the blinds on the windows. She explained several objects. Mean while Tokili listened intently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.4K 1.2K 176
Disclaimer : This is not my story. No plagiarism intended. The credit goes to original author. ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ The entire Yunzhou knew that the Ye Family h...
49.4K 121 17
Smut 18+ ONLY! ⚠️WARNING⚠️ ⚠️CONTAINS MUTURE CONTENT⚠️ ⚠️VERY SEXUAL 18+⚠️ 22 year old Raven Johnson is just going to her yearly doctors appointment...
183K 4.3K 105
As the Maid of Evil, Y/n sacrifices her life for her twin brother. As the Mist Hashira, Y/n sacrifices her life for humanity. But not anymore will Y...