For the Love of Super Soldiers

By swaggerwithwords

Scarlett Blake is an ex-marine with a genius mind and a bad attitude. She's angry at the world-even though a... More

Slicing and Searching
Pick a Room, Kid
Mexican Delicacies
Storming is Dragging and Arguing is Disagreeing
Favorites and Whatnot
From Two to Five
Tell Me
Time and Truth
Admission
Pride and Chivalry
Whipping All Sorts of Things
Built Flower Tough
So...Pasta is Out Then?
On His Terms
All Together Now
No Confirmations
The Best Defense
Things of Consequence
K is for Kidding
Solid Recollections
Natural Selection

Reservations and Arrivals

385 22 0
By swaggerwithwords

Alright you guys, I've officially almost died due to stress. It sucks. So instead of increasing my stress level, I've decided to write finish and publish chapter 6! Whoo! Anyway, I'm not gonna say much because I'm still running on a low/ crappy energy level, and I'm back at soccer. So yeah. I love you guys. Comment! Vote! READ AND ENJOY! :)

💛

Chapter 6: Reservations and Arrivals

"This is not a date."

You wish it was! Hell, I wish it was!

I unlocked my arms from around Aaron's bare waist and made a move to step away from him, but felt his grasp tighten around my middle.

"Where are you going?" I looked up at Aaron's face and saw confusion on it.

"I need to go, uh, clean my swords. You know, all that zombie gunk. They'll rust. You know. Zombie gunk and things like that."

Aaron just stared at me.

"I didn't know that," he said slowly. "Now I do."

"Yeah, so I should go do that." I shifted my body weight backwards and he let go of my waist.

Seriously, Scarlett? You're running from him? He knows now, anyway!

"I thought we were going to tour the hotel. Isn't that what we decided on?"

My heart skipped a couple of beats as I realized what he was doing. Because he realized what I was doing.

Pretending that I didn't just melt into his kiss seemed like an amazing idea at the time. Now that I look back on it, my idiocy was definitely hidden behind my proclaimed genius.

"I don't want to," I said, turning on my heels. "I need to go-"

"Clean your swords. Yeah, you told me that already. Scarlett, you and I both know that your katanas are clean. Gleaming, even."

"I might have missed a spot. I fell asleep while wiping them down. There can be little specks that I skipped over."

"Ah, right."

"And, you know, those little specks can cause them to rust and-I'm right?"

"Yeah, you could have missed something. I did wake you up, so I know you could have possibly made a mistake and cleaned only partially."

My eyebrow twitched as I processed his statement. "Hold on a minute, I don't make mistakes."

"I thought you could have missed a spot or two on your katanas?"

He was goading me.

He's got you. I told you I liked him. You do too.

Hush.

Stop lying to him. You'd think after getting a kiss, you'd be nice to the guy.

And what? I'm being mean? It''s just that-

You feel really awkward right about now?

Quite.

Well, you better get over it and answer him!

"I did," I answered hesitantly. "I think I did, but that isn't a mistake. It's a...delay."

"A delay, huh? Just like arguing is disagreeing?"

I moved to the mouth of the kitchen and turned a glance in his direction. "Funny."

His broad shoulders bounced in a careless shrug and he went and sat down at the table.

As I moved to walk down the hallway, I heard a low mutter leave his lips.

"You're going to run from me now?"

I knew that he knew I heard him, and the next known fact was that I was back in the kitchen, glaring down at him.

"What did you say?"

The dark bush of hair an inch above his eyelid rose even higher.

"You're running."

My anger began to flare beneath the surface and I quickly regained composure and feigned a disinterested look. "Running. Pray tell, Sergeant Major, from who?"

"Not who. What seems like a better option."

"What? I'm not running from anyone, or anything, for that matter."

"Alright. You're not."

"You just said I was, though."

My eyes narrowed as I watched his shoulders jerk in another shrug.

"I'm not inside of your head. How am I supposed to know what you're thinking?"

I stared at him in slightly awed confusion and simply turned on my heels and stared at the wall.

Scarlett. Don't just leave him there! He kissed you, but, more importantly, you kissed him back! What are you doing? What is he doing? What are the both-

Shut. Up.

No. He's right. You are running. From the guy you love? Who does that?

Whoa, what? Please. I'm not in love. I've known him almost three days, and who falls in love that fast? The only couple I've ever seen do that was Ariel and Prince Eric. That was Disney, not real life.

Not my life.

Well, you can add yourself to the list because he's got you. And you know what? He's a better person than you are right now.

What on earth are you talking about? He-

Is pretending that the kiss never happened.

I had no witty response, no quick comeback, no clever reply.

I know that. Because-

He knows that's what you're comfortable with. And he seems fine with that, but he's not.

And we know that how?

What person wants to willingly pretend that they're not in love with the one that they love? That wouldn't make any sense!

Again, my subconscious had me speechless. It was amazing. I could kill 100 zombies with a couple of swings, but admitting my own emotions, to myself, was harder than I thought possible.

I looked around absentmindedly at the kitchen and then shook my head at myself.

"I'm an idiot," I said softly.

"What was that?"

The smugness in Aaron's voice caused me to turn around and glare at him once more.

"I said, you're an idiot."

His smile dropped and he frowned at me slightly. The small, sharp pain that I quickly felt in my chest took me by surprise.

A purposeful stride took Aaron across the kitchen, past me, and out to the hallway, but not before I heard a low mutter of, "She's unbelievable..."

Still standing in the same spot, I stared at the seat that was previously occupied by Aaron.

Now, why on Earth would you do that?

Do what? I didn't do anything but call him a little name.

Oh, please, Scarlett, you've never acted like a child before; don't start now. You're pushing him away. You're the idiot, and the both of us know it.

There was the organ thinking it was a person again.

A sigh whooshed out of my mouth and I made the move to lean against the wall.

"Come on, Scarlett...when did you become such an imbecile?" I asked myself softly.

What I really meant was, "When did you become such a lovestruck little girl?"

Lovestruck was a strong word.

The sound of glass crashing to the floor caused my head to jerk up,' and I found my feet sprinting towards the foyer. Entering the large room, I scanned for the source of the noise. My eyes widened as I watched Aaron slowly make his way up from the floor. He gave me a sideways glance, straightened out his freshly put on T-shirt, and flipped the safety on one of his pistols.

"Better go get those oversized butterknives of yours," he said. "Something tells me we might need them."

A slight expression of curiosity tiptoed across my face until I noticed the wide figure in the entryway of the motel.

"Hello, Lieutenant Blake."

💛

WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! HI MY BABIES!!! I suck so much for not updating. Jeez. I don't even...I just suck. No excuses....except for that my eye leaks constantly and I've been doing AP crap. I'm soooooooooooooo sorry, loves! I update extremely late AND it's a cliffhanger! I'm so sorreh! Sigh....Anyways, this was the "romance" part. Or what I could start of it. Back to more action soon, though! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Comment, vote, tell others, and most importantly, ENJOY!!!!!

P.S. I also know relatively nothing about pistols, so forgive me if you're, like, a gun genius. =.=

Love,

Swaggerwithwords :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 1.1K 25
*COMPLETED!* Cover by @sandsmark Currently being EDITED. 1st Place Winner of The Chaos Awards 3: Romance 4/26/2018 "Can't you give me a break, Austi...
3.1K 136 19
First Lady Megan Foster is faced with the realization that forever may not be set in stone. All unions may possibly end due to unanticipated events...
558K 9.8K 33
The ultimate test to fight for something worth fighting for... The perfect son meets imperfect girl. The life of Eighteen year old highschool quart...
15.4K 503 31
Six years have passed and no word to each other. Still 4,000 miles away. Still deadly in love with each other. Since the departure, Imani has proceed...