The New Beginning (Fan Fictio...

Oleh shiyingzzz

This is a FAN-FICTION of Richelle Mead Vampire Academy series. I did my own story on what I would like as a f... Lebih Banyak

The New Beginning (Fan Fiction_Richelle Mead Last Sacrifice)
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Six
Epilogue
Sequel
Fraxinelle
Book Trailer

Chapter Thirty-Five

944 27 0
Oleh shiyingzzz

35VA Chapter Thirty-Five (Dawn's POV)

I couldn't help it, even with Edmond, my parents, and over twenty guardians flanking me as we neared the caves. There is something in the back of my mind, nagging at me, but what exactly was that nagging about, I have no idea. At the ominous feeling that is eating me up from the guts, I almost wanted to turn back despite everything that was done. It wasn't because of myself. It was for the guardians, my parents, and Edmond.

Edmond didn't even get to live his life as a proper, promised guardian. Am I right to just take him along? And the other guardians. They were all experienced warriors, who had contributed to many heroic actions throughout their years as guardians, could I just risk their lives? What about my parents? I love them. They were the best parents anyone could get, how can I just... bring them into the wolf's cave?

Subconsciously, my feet brought me to a halt. My mind started reeling, was it cold feet I was getting or plain worry for everyone joining me?

"Dawn? What's wrong?" My dad, ever so efficient and alert, asked.

I stared up at him. "Daddy... I... what if one, or-or worse, what if... what if some... died?" I was certain that my voice held some tremble as I spoke.

"Then we die."

"Then the others will move on for the Jewel."

"Then let it be."

"Then it is how it should be."

Several guardians from behind spoke up when my dad hesitated in answering. Turning around, what I see, were not just guardians. They were warriors, military knights. None showed fear, even though every single one knows that they may not lived to see the next sun rise.

"Dawn. Do you even know why we joined you and your mom instead of using force to bring you two back to Court?" My dad asked. I shook my head. Isn't it just because they knew that I will escape again?

"Because we all know, and trust you to be able to get the Jewel this time. You can deny it. Your mom and I can deny it. But you are special, you have something other dhampirs don't. Magic. And not just one element like all Moroi does, but all elements." My dad explained.

"So. Because of magic, you guys gave me all your trust? Having magic doesn't mean that I'm invincible!" I exclaimed, incredulous over the reason I was given.

"No. It is not because of the magic. It is also the same reason to why we didn't protest when idea and idea was turned down while planning. You are our Queen, whether or not you believe it. We see it for ourselves, we felt our lives connected to yours back at the Court the other day. It is not only because we trust you, but we want to protect you." Guardian Herrick said.

"Whether or not you are our Queen. You being Dawn, a dhampir, a daughter of our own people, we will protect." Another guardian, Guardian Kaden spoke, cutting of my protest.

My mom placed her hand on my shoulder, squeezing comfortingly. "So what is your concern?"

"Why... why does nobody seemed afraid of death?"

At my question, all guardians, including my parents burst out laughing. Even Edmond was smiling, eyes shinning with amusement.

"Dawn. We are the creators of death in a way. Why should we be afraid? Furthermore, we trained since young with 'they come first', which means we are constantly putting our lives in danger. We were, in a way, trained since young to not be afraid of death." Guardian Herrick said.

Turning back to my parents, I saw their smiles. Though they were smiling, I saw the bitterness within it. This was what Aunt Lissa was fighting for. The Jewel. The Jewel that is going to help Aunt Lissa in ruling, and changing the lives of dhampirs for the better. Seeing all the faith these guardians, my parents and Edmond have in me, I have to succeed.

So, ignoring the dreadful brooding within me, I moved on. Strigoi, you're meeting with some tough challenge.

****

(Dimitri POV)

I was sure that Dawn spotted the bitterness in our eyes when we smiled at her earlier. I was also sure that that was part of the reason which willed her to go on.

As we moved on towards the caves, I can sense Rose tense up. Looking over at her, we caught each others eyes, seeing the worry that reflected from each other. She moved closer, and I quickly grabbed hold of her hand, squeezing it gently.

Then we stopped. We were barely a few feet from the caves. And the sun is going to reach its highest point in about ten minutes.

Rose lead me towards Dawn, who was standing alone, staring at the caves' opening. Dragging Dawn's attention away from the caves and towards us.

"Dawn. This is dangerous. Very dangerous. If we were to tell you to run, you WILL listen and run, do you understand? No hesitations." Rose instructed.

Dawn gulped, turning to me. I wasn't going to give in to anything this time, Rose is right. So I fixed Dawn with my most piercing stare, whether or not I will be scaring her. She needs to know that we are trying to keep her safe her, and there will be no absolute need for her to play heroine.

After a long while, Dawn nodded. Both Rose and I visibly relaxed.

"It's time." Edmond's voice broke us from our thoughts. Sure enough, the sun was exactly up in the peak.

As one, we hiked into the caves, with me leading, Rose taking the tail and the others surrounding us, shielding Dawn as we circled her.

The caves were dark and cold, just like I remembered from the last time twenty-five of us came. It could have been ten minutes, it also could have been half and hour or an hour, a flash of black dash past my sight.

Immediately I had my stake out and started defending. Keeping our plan in mind, I kept my distance from Dawn close, to keep her concealed until she uses her element of surprise. I must have staked two Strigoi when more came. My heart sank.

We had presumed there were a about a dozen Strigoi. It will be easy enough if we have a distraction and we can have a two to one. But, almost twenty Strigoi appeared. We are going to lose more great warriors and fighters.

Staking the Strigoi I am fighting who obviously was too arrogant and therefore underestimated me, I saw the flash of fire. Dawn. I stared to shout at her to run when the caves shook.

"I'm fine, Daddy. I've got this!" Dawn yelled.

At her yelling, she caught the attention of five Strigoi. The ones that look old. Way, way too old for someone so young like her to handle. The fear of losing my only daughter hit me hard, and somehow, the other Strigoi don't matter. My daughter does.

The caves rumbled some more, and small rocks started raining upon us. Not something guardians couldn't handle, but something that is alarming. Are the caves collapsing?

Doing a quick sweep, four dead bodies lay before me, and the others are battling with their own enemies. More rocks fell, though none actually fall on us. With a start, I realized why. Dawn is manipulating this. But why?

My eyes returned to the five Strigoi staring in amusement at Dawn. Then the top of the caves collapsed on them.

They weren't affected by the rocks though, but the sunlight that shone through did. Yelping, all five leaped out of that area where the sun is shinning brightly on. Their eyes gleamed as their eyes went back to Dawn.

"Come back!" One of the five Strigoi purrs.

It is almost like the other Strigoi were under a compulsion of the five. Obediently, they stopped fighting and returned to stand behind them. Glancing back, I was relieved to find everyone alive.

"So it's real. I've heard... the dhampir queen had appeared. So what exactly do we owe the honor of a visit from Rassvet Karalyeva?" The same Strigoi that had given the command spoke. The circle that surrounded Dawn became smaller as everyone moved in, ready to defend her.

"The Jewel." Dawn's reply was clear, none flinching. I kept my eyes on the Strigoi, taking count into how many left. Minus the five who seemed like the "leader", their numbers were reduced to the dozen we planned for.

"Ah... I should have known. The funny thing is, you should know why it is guarded as well." The Strigoi smiled as he spoke, then the smiled slowly turned into a sneer. "Do you think we will give it up that easily?"

Nobody expected him to fly at us so quickly. Apparently, Dawn did. As fast as the Strigoi flew at us, he bounced back at an invisible wall surrounding us.

"Don't try tricks with me. Hand over the Jewel, and we'll leave you alone. Or we battle, to death." Dawn reasoned. She was so calm, it is as if she was doing a presentation in class instead of dealing with an ancient monster.

The Strigoi snarled, to which the answers was more shaking of the caves and rumbling as the top of the caves collapsed. More patches of sunlight lit the cave up, giving us more light. The Strigoi shrunk back, glaring at Dawn.

"I'm sorry, I gave you my conditions." Dawn said. We kept in step with her as she advanced on the Strigoi. Then, when we neared, we attacked. Strangely, the five didn't take part in the fight as I expected; if they have the same abilities as the one that came at us, just two or three is able to kill all of us.

Keeping that in mind and focusing on taking out the other Strigoi, I continued fighting, dodging and staking.

Until only the five was left. That was when I saw the reason why the five didn't join in. Dawn was drenched in perspiration, her eyes never leaving the five. Very slowly, her hands moved up to sign a 'okay to kill'. There was confusion at first, then I understood.

Looking over to Rose, I saw that she caught the message as well. Cautiously, and careful not to get into the way of sight and break the compulsion, we each crept towards one of the Strigoi and plunged our stakes into its heart. We didn't wait to see if they were dead, we rolled away as soon as we had our stakes out and returned to where our group was.

The two screams of agony jolted the other three of the compulsion. Though before they could react, the rocks crumbled once more on them, some barely missing where Rose and I was just one second ago. More sunlight shone through, immediately dissolving the two dead bodies.

The remaining three Strigoi stared, shocked and unbelieving at the two rapidly fading bodies.

"You killed our brothers." One growled.

"You don't seem too upset." Dawn replied. This only seemed to anger the Strigoi more as they flew towards us.

This time, we had an advantage of at least eight guardians to one Strigoi. Judging by the speed and strength of the Strigoi, it still may not be enough. Unsurprisingly, Dawn noticed. Her aid came in many ways. Physical involvement in the fight inself. Fire. Sunlight. The wind blowing up the dust, blurring the vision of the Strigoi momentarily. Until we came down to the last one.

"Wait." He paused. "I'll tell you. Where it is. The Jewel. But only you can come." He said to Dawn.

"No." My answer was firm, no hesitation at all. No way was my daughter going alone anywhere with a Strigoi.

"Fine. Then he can come along." The Strigoi said, pointing to Edmond. Everyone hesitated. Edmond was good, he could protect her... but what is the Strigoi's motive?

Edmond took the decision in his own hands. "Okay."

Dawn hadn't allowed her eyes to leave the Strigoi, but when Edmond replied, she looked over at us, most probably for approval.

And the Strigoi striked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okays. A cliffhanger. Hehehehe. But those who read my profile should have an idea of what happened~ :P

Please COMMENT and VOTE!!!

Let me know how soon you want the next chapter to be out!^^

Lovies!!!!♡♡♡

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

15.5K 508 12
I do not own the characters of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I am just doing this for fun and not for profit. No copyright infringement intended...
51.6K 1.2K 11
*A Vampire Academy AU Fanfic* Rose can no longer stand pretending that she and Dimitri are nothing more than mentor and student. So she takes matters...
156K 3.2K 44
Nov. 5, 2021 update: restricted (mature content) chapters published as a separate work have been unpublished and won't be accessible. ****ALTERNATE...
99.8K 2.8K 33
Dimitri is sent to the academy to train a pregnant Rose. As they train, he learns that there is more to her and the baby than there seems. Will Rose...